Supernatural Forums

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CWBetween Seasons

Worst Episode Ever

Geordiegirl1967

[41]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 5
    Sektos wrote:

OMG!!!! You think that's bad- we Australians are almost ALWAYS portrayed as "rednecks" or with "redneck" accents in US tv. We dont speak like Steve Irwin! lol

I don't suppose Crocodile Dundee helped either. US shows can be terrible for stereotyping other nationalities. The English are almost alway posh and often play the bad guys.

My favourite American version of a British character has to be Spike from Buffy. Accent and attitude were spot on. He even used to use British swear words. But Joss Whedon did live in England in his youth I believe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

libra113

[42]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 27
    kittyblue71 wrote:

HATED HATED HATED the one with Paris Hilton...ugh what a big mistake that was! The epi stunk and then there was Herpes Hilton...yuck yuck yuck yuck!!!Yell

I don't know. I'm no fan of Hilton but the story was solid and you GOTTA give props to anyone who is willing to laugh at themselves and mock themselves like she did.

libra113

[43]Apr 8, 2010
    BadWolf_35 wrote:

Ok.. Dark Side of the Moon turned out not that bad... I thought it would of been the worst episode but it wasn't.. just another example of how the writers can make even the worst sounding story-lines turn into a good episode.

The only weakness I saw in "Dark Side" was that they already did the seeing dead people bit so it seemed a bit redundant but as long as they keep using DIFFRENT people I guess it works.

What intrested me most were two points: (1) Ash couldn't find John Winchester's Heaven anywhere. Hmmmm where is he? (2) I couldn't shake the feeling that Joshua is REALLY God and he created the whole Joshua persona as a way to lay low and play the role of a simple gardner. Just a passing thought.

libra113

[44]Apr 8, 2010
    Sektos wrote:
    libra113 wrote:
    JasP123 wrote:

I wasn't criticising Bela, I actually didn't mind her. I just found her accent annoying.

Well, I've seen plenty of British tv where the 'American' character has some AWFUL accent that is SUPPOSED to be American but isn't so it's only fair.

OMG!!!! You think that's bad- we Australians are almost ALWAYS portrayed as "rednecks" or with "redneck" accents in US tv. We dont speak like Steve Irwin! lol
    Blame Crockadile Dundee for that one, he kinds set the standard. Anyway, I always thought that accent was kind of hot. Oh and don't get me started on fake Texas accents, we would be here until the REAL end of the world

BadWolf_35

[45]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 14
    Geordiegirl1967 wrote:
    Sektos wrote:

I don't suppose Crocodile Dundee helped either. US shows can be terrible for stereotyping other nationalities. The English are almost alway posh and often play the bad guys.

My favourite American version of a British character has to be Spike from Buffy. Accent and attitude were spot on. He even used to use British swear words. But Joss Whedon did live in England in his youth I believe.

I agree with you about Spike's accent, he played that role perfectly.

And yes I sometimes get annoyed with the "australian accents" on tv because I have lived in Aus all my life & I have never met anyone who sounds like that lol.

grissomsidle

[46]Apr 9, 2010
    • level: 17
    Let's see the worst episode for me that's a hard one. I am not a fan of Bugs but that's only because I really don't like bugs or rather they used bees in the end and I really hate those. Maybe Fallen Idols. I still liked the episode though. It just could have been better I suppose. Well, actually, also probably Wendigo. For some reason I've never been crazy about that episode. (I think On the Head of the Pin is an excellent episode) Oh and speaking of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Spike I must go watch the episode Passion now (hee hee evil Angel time ).

Lizard971

[47]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    OMG... Where should I start?

Hmm... The whole 1st half of this 5th season is just one big epic failure. I can't even name an episode because I just can't be bothered to remember the names of those episode. I'm not even sure what happened in most of them...
    I think they just tried to sink their ship. Even that failed. *no words*

What else?

Season 3... wait there was a Season 3? Oh right it did have a few really good ones, buried under an ocean of mediocrity. But at least S3 wasn't ridiculous and embarrassing. It was just bad. S4... I think... wait what was happening in S4? OH RIGHT!!! The Ruby2.0 fiasco. Yeah... What was the subject of this thread again? Oh yeah Worst epi ever.
    Just one... Bad Day at Black Rock... or something like that. Or no. The S5 one in the Asylum... yes. That one. Never before had Show embarrassed me and made me ashamed before.

Engel_J_Ackles

[48]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 23
    Lizard971 wrote:

Hmm... The whole 1st half of this 5th season is just one big epic failure. I can't even name an episode because I just can't be bothered to remember the names of those episode. I'm not even sure what happened in most of them...

What else?

Season 3... wait there was a Season 3? Oh right it did have a few really good ones, buried under an ocean of mediocrity. But at least S3 wasn't ridiculous and embarrassing. It was just bad. S4... I think... wait what was happening in S4? OH RIGHT!!! The Ruby2.0 fiasco. Yeah... What was the subject of this thread again? Oh yeah Worst epi ever.
    Just one... Bad Day at Black Rock... or something like that. Or no. The S5 one in the Asylum... yes. That one. Never before had Show embarrassed me and made me ashamed before.

Lizz,

will you give me another chance and marry me again?

I promise I will never ever make pudding.

Think about it. Easy Visa.

Lizard971

[49]Apr 10, 2010
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

What else?

Lizz,

Can I have your AmEx instead?

Engel_J_Ackles

[50]Apr 10, 2010
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

What else?

Lizz,

They cancelled it.

MasterCard works for you?

Lizard971

[51]Apr 10, 2010
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

What else?

Lizz,

They cancelled it.

I don't know.
    Maybe if you just annoyingly toss it my way...

Engel_J_Ackles

[52]Apr 10, 2010
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

What else?

Lizz,

They cancelled it.

I don't know.

I can do that D.

Go knock yourself out *toss Mastercard your way*

Btw, stay away from my cell phone.

Lizard971

[53]Apr 10, 2010
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

What else?

Lizz,

They cancelled it.

I don't know.

I can do that D.

Thanks!! Woohooo!!! Line up the Shots Baby!!! HERE I COME!!

And your cell phone... well yeah that one is on you. If you didn't have pictures of a dog other than ours on it... that's all I'm saying on that.

Engel_J_Ackles

[54]Apr 10, 2010
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

What else?

Lizz,

They cancelled it.

I don't know.

I can do that D.

And your cell phone... well yeah that one is on you. If you didn't have pictures of a dog other than ours on it... that's all I'm saying on that.

I told you it wasn't a dog, it's the neighboors cat!!

Unless you're talking about that weird thing under the couch, i think it's dust.

Lizard971

[55]Apr 10, 2010
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

Unless you're talking about that weird thing under the couch, i think it's dust.

WHAT?
    Our place should be bedazzling clean & neat. I think our maid is spending too much time on Twitter taking care of our PR problems and not enough doing it's job properly. I know it came with the place and we can't just get rid of it, but really someone should talk to it.

Engel_J_Ackles

[56]Apr 10, 2010
    Lizard971 wrote:
    Engel_J_Ackles wrote:
    Lizard971 wrote:

WHAT?
    Our place should be bedazzling clean & neat. I think our maid is spending too much time on Twitter taking care of our PR problems and not enough doing it's job properly. I know it came with the place and we can't just get rid of it, but really someone should talk to it.

She said somthing about butterball and a song this morning when I left... should we be scared?

libra113

[57]Apr 14, 2010
    You know I gotta say I've about had it with all the bellyaching about this episode this and that episode that.

At it's best "Supernatural" is the greatest thing ever, at it's worst it's STILL better than everything else on tv now. Can't we be happy with that?

I've had my issues in the past (Jo and Ellen, Ruby, the bum's rush given to Bella) but through it all the SHOW has always been number one.

Ok off my soap box now.

savvyxboom

[58]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 8

Most of my least favorites are allof the stand-alone case episodes. I like this show better when it's a serial drama, not an episode to episode storyline. I love SPN so i can't hate, but if there was an eppy i'd avoid, it'd be Faith. It just bothered me for some reason. I don't like the way they wrote Dean on his deathbed. Not enough angst.

libra113

[59]Apr 14, 2010
    savvyxboom wrote:

Most of my least favorites are allof the stand-alone case episodes. I like this show better when it's a serial drama, not an episode to episode storyline. I love SPN so i can't hate, but if there was an eppy i'd avoid, it'd be Faith. It just bothered me for some reason. I don't like the way they wrote Dean on his deathbed. Not enough angst.

I have to say there were episodes I didn't like throughout all the seasons but that my view of them changed over time. The most recent was likely the one with Adam, didn't like that at all. HOWEVER now learing that Mary and John didn't like each other until a Cupid got them and that their marriage was rocky and only idealized by John AFTER Mary's death and all that we've learned THIS season and Adam makes more sense than he every did before.

hank_bonds

[60]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 10
    majority of season 5.