Supernatural

Heaven Can't Wait

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 12, 2013 on The CW

• Bad bad superntural episode

Terrible episode, Dean was OOC and that ruins it for me. Sam and Crowley were good but still, why wouldn't Dean be there to help with the king of hell, its so ridiculous. SPN looses focus, the boys hunt evil, they have the king of hell in the basement and Dean knows Sam is no with it and lets him go down to him by himself. I don't care about Castiels so called humanity, he's not human, he's just a depowered angel in a meatsuit, he shouldn't be this clueless.
  • Phone Home

Loved Crowley's phone call! One of the funniest scenes this season :)
  • Cass girl

I love Cass more now then ever were seeing more personality and I love his new discoveries, not to mention you need to give the guy a little time he's still the chance of seeing cass is one of the very few reasons I keep watching the show.
  • Cas no more

I agree Cas is boring. What's the point of him anymore? comic relief? I hope he eventually gets his 'grace' back or dies
  • Cas is so good

I loved Cas, I love that he is finding out what it is like to be human. He was an angel and now he is human and so interesting. angim doesnt understand he was an angel so he is so good hearted and only cares about people. I love his character the most besides Dean but they do work well together and I love seeing it. I feel bad for Cas cause he has to struggle so much. On the other hand Crowley is the opposite. He is so good too. He is mean hearted and doesnt care about anyone. He also is interesting and it is funny to see him with Sam. The show was fantastic. This season has been so great and this show was one of my favorites if not the favorite. I havent decided yet. Everything is so great in this show. of course the actors are the best. Also the producers. writer, directors and all the other cast that does their work to make this show so great. Jensen, Jared and Misha are hilarious too messing around all the time I love it so much
  • What do we do with Cas? Please, tell us! We don't know!

I'm back! After reviewing pretty much every single episode of season 8, I've been a bit busy so far this season, so I'm going to do a quick sum up of my thoughts thus far. Ezekiel: intriguing. Abbadon... not scary because she is Meg mark 10; a bitchy female villain with the same personality, there to look pretty. Crowley: also intriguing, and still hilarious. Kevin: love him. Cas: well, yes.

Castiel. You must be the name that Supernatural writers fear to speak. Writing episodes for him is, possibly, the hardest thing they have to do. As this episode covered alot of the arc for season 9, I'll use it to admit it; I'm struggling with this season thus far. And one of the main reasons; they've made Cas boring.

It's like the "Season 6 of Lost" virus has struck over in the writing room. Let's take an exciting, interesting, awesome character and show them doing normal, boring, every day jobs we all suffer, for comedic value or for drama. Because, that makes good TV, right? Wrong. This is EXACTLY what I was worried about when they made Cas human, and so far I'm not surprised at all. Plus, what exactly was the point in making Micha Collins a regular again this season? They clearly have just as little of an idea of what to do with him being human as they did an angel, but at least as an angel he was always entertaining. He's been in 3 out of the 6 episodes, and in each one exactly the same thing has happened to him; he's been attacked by an angel, he's powerless to stop it, somehow he survives, he ponders what to do next. Either give him back his powers or do something else with him, because this storyline is loosing me! Don't go all season 7 on us, again.

However, it wasn't just Cas that didn't impress this week. In fact, the overall storyline of season 9 is getting very old, very quickly. No, I'm not feeling Abaddon. At all. As stated above, she's no different from your Megs, Lilliths, Eves and Paris Hilton's of the past. She's supposed to be an ultra-demon is she? This has always been such a weakness of Supernatural, and I put it down to them being constantly leaned on by the CW to shove unwanted female characters into the show. Here's an idea: try not killing off the ones with potential, such as Mrs. Tran, or Ellen and Jo! I mean, seriously.

This episode just highlighted to me that Supernatural has, for the past few weeks now, seemed very tired. Once again, it's all build up, no pay off. Like the Leviathan before them, the Angels could easily take over the world within about 5 seconds, but they don't. They are doing... something. And, no, that Bartholomew bloke is not exactly setting the screen alight either. At least with the Levianthan you had the very charismatic Dick Roman.

I don't mean to sound so harsh. I mean, it's not terrible. Crowley stole the show yet again (why isn't this guy a series regular already!), giving us a little bombshell that Metatron's spell was irreversible. I hope that doesn't bloody mean we're stuck with a human Cas all series, because I think I've had more than enough of that! It's just, compared to season 8, where they seemed to hit the right note so many times, season 9 does seem to be struggling. Like I said, the Ezekiel plot is very intriguing and I'm looking forward to the fall out... but I do have to admit, I've been struggling with this season, even though last week was hilarious (though completely ridiculous).

See you next week, I guess.
  • Could they be any more married?

It was interesting to see a little bit of a mix up in the typical team of Dean and Sam. Kevin and Sam interogating Crowley, him realizing he is not the big boss, Abaddon. And the ending, I didn't really get teh ending but it's intriguing anyway. And I hope they find something about the spell in the rest of the tablet.

Cas was just ... the beginning where he tried imitating humans was heartbreaking. And I have to say the interlude witht eh lady pissed me off though kudos for using the proved trope of a misunderstanding. It gave us Misha singing a baby to sleep. Too much heart indeed. I'm glad it was recognize as something positive.

And Dean, the way he was looking at Cas, how he didn't even question Cas going with him. And then Dean trying to give Cas tips for his date that wasn't. And those looks. They can say all they want they don't write them as romantic but all Cas and Dean do just scream romance.

It was really lovely to see them work together again. I enjoyed the MoW and how it tied both with the season arc and with Cas and his own struggles.

Very lovely episode indeed.