Supernatural

Jump the Shark

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 23, 2009 on The CW

• This was really a substandard outing for the Winchester boys, in fact it might be the worst. Which is really disappointing considering the overall quality of season four.

4.5
    I'm quite baffled as to how so many people have rated it so high. Sam and Dean seemed to be very out of character, the plot lacked tension and made irrational leaps, and the writers seemed to ignore the giant plot hole the episode fell into near the end. I have a pretty stout sense of suspension of disbelief but it was out of line for the writers to expect the audience to believe that after an entire season of Sam honing his demonic skills he'd just lie there and let himself get cut on by the lamest baddies of the series to date. I hope the creators and production team seriously rethink giving these two writers another episode. After an entire season of building intensity and pace this episode really sucked a lot of the momentum out of the plot. While the episode didn't jump the shark for the season it sure as hell flopped as a stand alone story.
CW