Supernatural

Meet The New Boss

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Sep 23, 2011 on The CW

• That sure put my emotions through the ringer.

Oh no, Cas is evil! Oh good, Cas is redeeming himself! Oh no, Cas is dead! Oh good, Cas is alive! Oh no, Cas is dead and evil again! I don't think a tv show has ever made me feel so many different feelings in a rapid-fire minute. I certainly hope the Leviathan was lying about Cas being dead in there.

Misha did a great job acting out all the different powers inhabiting him. It's a testament to his talent that what was supposed to be only a role for a few episodes turned into a role for a few seasons so they could keep him around. As Sera said, it is because he is so good that they thought up such a challenging new role.

Jared also did an amazing job with the Mother of all PTSD. And we had some of the most powerhouse characters and guest stars in this episode with Crowley and Death. Seeing them face off with Cas was like the Clash of the Titans.

I particularly enjoyed the scene where the Dr. and Mrs. were tied up in their chairs watching God and Death having a pissing contest in the their living room.

I can't really blame Dean for wanting to just stick his head under the hood of the Impala. After everything they've been through, to have your best friend turn into an evil God must've felt like a trillion last straws. It made for a slow start to the episode, but a very realistic one, character-wise. And once it got into gear, it went from zero to sixty.

Speaking of evil, leaving us on that cliffhanger of a missing Sam and Leviathons on the Loose, was, well, evil. I'm really looking forward to next week.