Supernatural

Meet The New Boss

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Sep 23, 2011 on The CW

• The boys are back in town!

The first ep of season 7 started off where the finale of season 6 left off. This is a good thing even though the finale of season 6 thoroughly dropped the ball.

However, with a new season, we have new potential. (I've waited until the second ep was done before commenting on anything).

This ep was pretty fair. There were some really good moments, like when Cas told our beloved boys (yes that means you too Bobby) to bow to him, then kinda huffed saying, "Forget it, it doesn't mean anything if you do it out of fear"... that is a PHENOMENAL commentary on fear based religious belief as a whole and I thoroughly applaud the writer (was it you Sera?) for that! Beautiful subtext, absolutely beautiful!

Then of course there was the "Trenchcoat on a tortilla" comment Bobby made (The dialogue for this ep was what brought it up to an 8! Everyone was in character and those characters were written "spot on") followed of course by Cas's changing the stained glass window from Jesus to himself... utterly priceless! I actually laughed out loud at that! Brilliant!

So... in spite of the fact that when Death mentioned "Leviathans" (Love that he appreciated fried pickles... I haven't had any yet, been in Austin for 2 years and still ain't had a fried pickle... sigh... ) it was a glaring neon advertisement for what was coming (foreshadowing? no, this was "Signpost Up Ahead") it was kinda blatantly obvious what their new "big bad" would be.

Now... redemption.

Sam.

Finally we get the beginning of some repercussions to his wall being torn down. (Yes it wasn't hard to figure out after the lame ending for season 6 that, THAT was going to be a big issue at least in the beginning of season 7)... I'm not sure if I want them to fix this or to let it go on... frankly, personally... if it's done right, they can play this out as a struggle throughout the whole season unless the whiners start in with the "enough of the sammy storyline" garbage. I mean this is the kind of thing us ficcers have been wanking since the first season so truly folks, suck it up and enjoy it instead of bit***ng about how you're sick of sammy storylines okay? please!

So, we got some delicious shattered Sammy-bits for our friday night cereal with the hopes of so much more to come!

Now... having season ep 2 of this season... I've said all I will say about ep 1 except, it was a good solid intro to the season. How the rest of it all plays out, I'm reserving my faith after last season, but, I'm still watching our boys Live and saving Fringe for over the weekend so hopefully that says something.

Kast and Krew, Welcome back, and thanks for your hard work!

Jensen, Jared, Love and gratitude to you both. Jim, you too.