Supernatural

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

Gislef

Supernatural Fan Reviews page 10 of 56

• Supernatural: What it was, What it is now, and what it is as a whole...

This show like many others indeed starts out slow. Upon further watching you will notice a significant plot change per each season. People will argue that it's too predictable, but I feel part of that comes from following the show. When someone finds a show they like and watches it season after season, they get an idea of how it plays out based on previous seasons. In this case though I would have never guess from watching the first three seasons what would come from the 4th or 5th seasons. Most shows make a solid theme and put twists here and there, but in my opinion adding the whole angel and demon apocalyptic theme was unforeseen and pretty interesting. I felt it really jumped from 3rd seasons plot to the current one, but in a good way. I honestly didn't think they could keep making episodes after season 5. I mean how to you making something bigger than the apocalypse? I think we can all agree season 6 wasn't up to par, but I think it was a far cry from crap. The characters after doing so many seasons together have become friends. Both inside and outside of the show and it really shows when they act now. They play off each other very well and it really helps you get into the show. The first season is really not only you getting to know the show, but for the actors to get to know the show, and each other as well. People generally don't take the time to see such details; they focus more on assumptions and instant gratification. If they are not instantly hooked it's probably not worth their time. As for people bashing this show based on assuming it's geared towards scaring people you really don't understand the concept. First let me say in "general" I think once you hit 13, finding a movie that really scares you becomes much harder. I mean we have all gone to the movies to see the latest slasher film, and how many really come out scared? That's why when a really good one comes out; it's the talk of the town. Dozens of horror movies come out before we see the one that's gets to us. Point being if you're looking to be scared you're expecting too much. Also the show may have started off intending to scare people, but it's become more of a mysterious action thriller with some comical relief. I find that many people like the supernatural, the legendary tales of mythical creatures and Greek and Roman gods, etc. These are the sorts of things used in this show, and I find that implementing these things makes it more of an adventure. I think that many people who are attracted to this show find it expands their imagination. Facts are limited, but imagination is limitless and let's face it imagination is lacking no matter where you go now a days. I feel the only way you could not find some enjoyment out of this show is if you're not into those things, or because you're some type of religious, and or scientific wacko and don't believe in things you can't see. Seasons 1-5 overall I really liked. Season six I enjoyed parts, but season seven I'm really having trouble enjoying. A real fan has to be able to step back and be realistic. This show has gone off the rails and has become very weak in everything that made this show strong. Humor, plot, character attachment, etc. It's sad, but at the same time annoying because if this is truly the last season then it's a disappointing end. Either way I enjoyed this show as a whole.
  • ITS SUPERNATURAL ....................

One of the best and greatest TV show ever made and they Will never be able to compensate the series if they try by Stupidity to Cancel it due they would lose A large number of viewers ...in the mean while i miss Castiel and Bobby Singer i wish if they will come back ....
  • Supernatural is...well, SUPERNATURAL!

What will we do without the boys out there...
  • Realy? This show is awsome

ok, i been watching supernatural for a long time. I love this show. the charecters are awsome. the plot is very intersting and honestly, its my faviorte show. i love this show. it always surprises you and you may think you know is going to happen but your wrong. i love that in a show. now this may seem a little strange to everyone but sam and dean make the show. the drama between the two of them is awsome and dean is halirous. you cant say the show is getting despreate. if you want a example of something getting despreate, look at the call of duty francise, mainly the mw series. call of duty 4 madorn warfare was awsome but mw2 came out and looked like crap. and now mw3? its horrible and unplayable if you ask me. but realy this show is everything you could ever need in a show. it has drama, romance, comidie, suspence and its very unique. not nother show like it. its orignal. my one friend sat down at my house and asked me what im watching and i explained it to him and he was kinda not intersted and he watched it for 5 minutes and he was hooked. awsome show
  • Great Show!

This show is awesome. I love the wise cracks that Dean says. They always make me laugh, i think this show is awesome because they know how to keep a viewer turned in and interested. I actually look forward to seeing a show which is kind of weird. I have only seen a few episodes but i already like it. There aren't many flaws with this show and i have to agree that its underrated. More people should watch shows like this instead of junk like Gossip Girl, and 92120 and all of that teenage garbage. I wish that Sam and Dean killed them
  • Why Supernatural Is Still The Best Show on TV

I'm still in love with the boys and here is why: http://voices.yahoo.com/five-reasons-why-supernatural-still-one-the-11023234.html?cat=9
  • Goodbye supernatural... we had a good run... but i have to let u go

I'm really depressed about this new season. Though season 6 had its downs it had alot of ups as well, but season 7's stories seem to be mocking the show, mocking the actor's... the next episode has something to do with a cursed shoe that makes ppl dance themself to death, and we havent seen a leviathan for 6 episodes now (I dont count deaths door), other than that i havent had much good to say other than castiel's and bobby's send off episodes. If you knew me, then you would no how upset this makes me, but i can't watch as my favourite show turns to shit. They are trying far too much to make every episode about a comic take on monsters, not to mention they NEVER show any monsters... if they would have followed the leviathan story more and kept cas and bobby i might have continued to watch, and i'll keep checking up on the show to see if it finally picks up, but for now.... i have to let it go...................... : (
  • At this point

I would like to say that it sucks that there are so many breaks between the episodes. Thats my problem with the show.
  • shut up all of you! I love this show to the bones.now..let's talk about what matters

I have to ask this. Where is Dean's car? I know that when the leviathans started chasing Dean and Sam they had to hide their identities and so on, but I really don't understand why they keep with those lousy cars..And DEAN DOESN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT HIS "BABY"!!!! What the hell is going on?? "the car" is part of this show and you may say i'm crazy but Dean's car is almost as important to me and to the show environment as Dean and Sam!yes!i mean it! its just as important. i dont think that supernatural is losing the interest, because season 1 was crap for me. not really crap, but the entire dynamic hell/heaven is much better.supernatural makes me very happy and i will watch it 'till i have grey hair.now..really..can someone explain it to me?pleeease!
  • What the show needs

First of all as a fan I feel it is my Duty to help here. Sam and Dean are great but seriously we need to get some more companion characters. Ruby was great, and I think she could make a comeback I dont think Jared would be against it. also Dean needs a lovelife as well maybe he could get with an angel just to spice things up. The show is growing stale without. They are going to need help taking on the Leviathan. We already introduced God and Angels with Demons and Lucifer, I'm pretty sure they are still around and maybe we could get them back into the show to help hinder or anything just get them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • not getting better

This used to be my all time favorite show. What's better than two sexy brothers getting in trouble with supernatural beings and the law? It had the perfect amount of action with creative ideas. However now the show isn't that good. Sam & Dean don't even hunt really anymore its all about the "apocalypse" and Lucifer. To be frank, i'm over the show.
  • Good Vs. Evil

Supernatural has a special place in my heart. I have been watching it from the very first episode and haven't missed one since. Of course like any show it has some ups and downs but I believe that the ups last longer then most shows and the downs are few and far between. The show plays on Good and Evil but it does it in a way that can make you laugh and then creep you out in the same scene. All though no show lasts forever, I will watch this special gem until the very end.
  • Watching this show now is hell!

I think Ii's obvious that this show is tanking, because they know it's the last season, so they are making it as cheap as possible. They killed off the re-occurring characters, probably to save money. They are also probably using discarded old plot ideas from the early seasons, when they mainly did single plot shows, that didn't have much arc content. I think a good comparison is with Highlander. The last season of that show is unwatchable, because of that. Also, the present season is pretty bland, because they are using less special effects, as special effects cost money. Sad. but this is reality television. The only reason this show lasted so long, was mainly because it cost so much to start another series, given the state of the economy.
  • The Best

There aren't many shows like the supernatural where you got to brothers kicking monster some butt. Basically Dean and Same are hunters, they hunt anything that is normal. They're also well known in heaven and hell and to put it blankly both sides want them bad. In truth they only have each other to watch each other back through the crazy times. This series has it all angels, demons, reaper, mutants, comedy, tear jerker and as far your imagination can go. The episodes are well written and I can always count on the writers to deliver great entertainment each time. This is my best Hunter of the supernatural series tv show.
  • Going Down

I watched the show from the very beginning and I totally loved it. In my humble opinion, the show started going down when the writers came up with this angelic brother thingy. As in heaven, so on Earth. Yeah, that about killed quite a lot of the atmosphere.

Didn't care too much about season six, still wondering if I'm ever going to watch season seven.
  • A superb show still going strong in its 7th season

Few shows make it this far and for good reason; because it is very difficult to write characters and stories that can continue to be engaging for that long. Yet SPN has managed it. Now in its 7th season it is still delivering witty, emotionally gripping, exciting stories. And I am still totally wrapped up in the story of Sam and Dean. Rarely has a show created two such great characters. Even more rare is the fantastic depiction of such a believable relationship between 2 characters.

Everything about this show; writing, acting, direction, photography etc are top quality. It is an undiscovered gem, but its niche status is part of its charm. It may be on a small network, and only gets a 1/10th of the ratings of 2.5 Men, but boy do those fans who do watch it love it. It inspires a devotion and commitment from its fanbase that bigger shows can only dream of.

Its creative well has nowhere near run dry. I hope it carries on for 2 or 3 more years.
  • I want Cas so bad back in the show !!!!!

Castiel, joins the cast and becomes one of the coolest characters I've ever seen on TV.

Adding Misha Collins to the cast was one of the most ingenious moves they have made to keep the show fresh and now they kill him noooooooooo !!! Oh god, please! I want Cas so bad back in the show :(
  • Boring

5.5
    Is it me or is the last season pretty boring...

There is almost no storyline, they just do... whatever.

Also the big bad, well I haven't seen him doing alot of bad, I haven't seen him doing anything at all actually.

It's like the show is running out of juice, it's like what 2 more episodes and they still have to defeat the big bad. Uh when, the very last episode?

Don't get me wrong, I watched the show from the beginning and I loved it but now it's like every episode is drag. I'm still hoping it's getting better but not sure it will. There are better shows right now where I focus on.
  • Well Written and Inspiring

Sam and Dean Winchester, endure endless sacrifices and recurring pain, while heroicly and tenaciously defending humanity and humanity's right to freedom. Their trials, as written and depicted, frame their dogged determination. Their persistence is motivated by their love of mother, father, brother and friend. Even though they are fictional heroes, the writing for the show is inspiring.
  • would Supernatural be better off on another T.V.station like T.N.T.

I think T.N.T or SYFY would alot better in ratings for Supernatural.I seen alot of show picked up by other Networks and they do alt better like American Horror Story and Walking Dead.
  • How can this show still be running?

I remember watching this show first season a couple of years ago. I managed to watch five episodes and then gave up. The plot is not interesting, the acting is terrible and the effects are really, really bad. But somehow people seem to like it but I can't see why :s
  • One of the most engaging series of the past 10 years

The characters are amazing. The show has wit, and after all these episodes, the creative well is far from dry. Awesomely entertaining without fail. The research behind the folklore is great, as well. All of the main characters are able to evoke laughter, sympathy, tension, and excitement. The villains are able to invoke distaste, sometimes hatred! This show is very well done, one I am collecting on DVD.
  • They continue the season with a BANG

The episode contiues perfectly with the previous episode (Deaths Door) im curious how they will continue the character of Frank
  • ready for the next episode

they keep killing all the main characters in the movie i mean they need bobby alive.
  • Supernatural

Awesome show! I love Dean and Sam and how they fight the supernatural.
  • My favourite show :))

waiting for the next episode...
  • Season 7: Ruining the show

Killing off all characters except from Sam and Dean, switching personalities on characters (I mean, small characters is kind of okay, but when Sam and Dean suddenly switches personality, that's ruinung everything).. currently just watching it because I have a small hope it will get better again, but starting to doubt that it ever will..
  • Supernatural Season 6: The weakest so far but...

I've done a review of season 6 in my blog, and did it after I finished watching the season. I must admit that I did let loose a bit of ire at the new showrunners for not thinking the storyline through before embarking on episode after episode of the Winchesters fighting monsters that they knew nothing about, trying to get Sam's soul back, which I was glad they finally did because this is when the season actually warmed up for me. There were the strong elements that played well for the show -- the characters, both regular and recurring, and certain episodes that were in my opinion, the show's gift to fangirls such as myself (The French Mistake, The Man Who would be King and Frontierland were my favorites) but really, they weren't enough to cover for the earlier bungles that the show made -- it was obvious that the monsterfest was just a smoke screen to tide the viewers over until showrunners figured out what the main plot was going to be -- purgatory, the souls and the unveiling of a quasi villain that nobody would think to expect -- Cas, who is next to Dean and Bobby my favorite member of the cast. I understand that this was a transition season for the show but I just feel so betrayed that the showrunners would pull this type of slipshod season for fans who have supported the show from the beginning. Hopefully, they regain their focus and craft a solid story for the show's seventh season. I will still watch it because I just love the show so much and keep my fingers crossed that it returns to its glory days of seasons past.
  • My favourite show of all time :)

From the promo for the first episode, I knew I had to tune in and watch it. The thing was, my parents had forbidden me to watch it and kicked me out of the room. Lucky for me, they had an encore of the first two episodes a few nights later and I happened to be at my grandma's sleeping over. So I watched it and I fell in love with this show called Supernatural.

I have been a loyal fan ever since and the show has not disappointed. Every season would develop the characters and the overall storyline to a point where you just fell in love with the whole thing.

Now, six and a half seasons later, Supernatural is still going strong. I do agree that Season Five was the big climatic ending to the overall storyline, however the later two seasons have kept me wanting more. Season Seven has a very interesting premise to it and the Leviathans are my favourite villains.

Each episode makes me tune back in next week and I couldn't have asked for a better show. The only bad thing is the hellatus that the viewers are put through during the midseason break and the spring break.

Regardless, Supernatural started off with two brothers hunting the Monsters of the Week all the while weaving the search for their dad to the post-apocalypse where the Leviathans are roaming the planet. All in all, a truly masterpiece of a show!

• Greek Gods in Supernatural?

Let me start off by saying that Supernatural is an awesome show! I think that a lot of people would enjoy seeing the appearance of the 12 Olympian Gods (Artemis, Aphrodite, Athena, Demeter, Hera, Ares, Dionysus, Hephaestus, Hermes, Poseidon, Zeus, and Apollo) at some point. The show has been really good about including a wide range of creatures, monsters, and gods from all different customs worldwide (pagan, norse, hindu...etc.) and I think it would be really cool to bring the 12 Olympians into the mix!

5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14