Supernatural

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 13, 2005 In Season

Gislef

Supernatural Fan Reviews page 3 of 56

• A GHOST OF A SHOW....

When plot lines were fresh and the characters dynamic, I use to look forward to each new episode. Now, scripts are handed off to a string of writers that seem to be working formulas cast from previous seasons, and the the actors have lost their incentive to show even the slightest enthusiasm for roles that have become caricatures. The sloppiness of these plot lines (Who was the third captive? How did Mrs. Tran get all dressed up, after so much time in a stink-hole?) do not leave the audience curious; just disgusted.

It's time to burn these bones and move on, Mr. Kripke.
  • I think its time to say goodbye!

I was never much of a fan of this show but then I decided to give it a go and started watching. Season after season my interest grew and I kept watching and then comes season 8 and now season 9. Now I am tired of watching the same crap over and over again. They have made episodes about ghosts, vampires, werewolves, demons, angles, arc angels, death, Lilith, Lucifer, heaven, hell, Purgatory and every possible supernatural they can think of. They even threw God out of the heaven. I dont think there is anything left to give it a twist. How many times, they will cheat death and in how many ways? In my opinion, the show should end being the 9th season as its final or if they have already renewed for another year, then the next season should be the season finale. Because its better to end the show when people moved from loving the show to liking the show. CW if you guys read comments, I hope you will consider wrapping it up and move on. Time to say goodbye to Sam, Dean and Supernatural!
  • Love this show No Matter What!!

See I actually like the whole thing with the Angels and Demons. Maybe because I am kinda obsessed with anything to do with Religions, Western religion, and any "re-interpretation" of it. For example what they did with the story of Cane and Abel. I Like when they use actual true "Mythos" from our real reality and put a twist on it. I like seeing how demons and angels act, as it has always peeked my interest how demons and angels would act if thrown into human form and such, if they actually existed meaning?? I like to see how they keep to western religion as well as others telling's and as said "Mythos" from all humans history, but Re-Interpret it into stories that fit the show and their "Supernatural

Either way, I love this show, even when Its been not as good, I still loved the show and would not want it to ever be cancelled And I disagree with most loving the 1st two seasons the most. I understand what you mean, they were definitely a bit different that the others, but they were boring to me. I found myself never being able to pay attention to most of those episodes, and it is still the same when watch them repeated on TNT I Feel that Season 3, Season 4 and season 5 were the best!!! I do agree that the writers will probably never be able to top those seasons and all, and that they keep trying to, but I still love it, and either way I would be very sad if this show ended. I know eventually it will. But I hope not any time soon! I will always watch and love this show no matter what!!
  • its lacking now

i hate the whole angel and demons fighting thing. fed up of it. i havent watched the new season yet and not sure i will. i only like the cases in them or fillers. they need to add more supernatural stuff and please do away with the angels amd demons stuff. maybe use greek gods instead or something... add more mythical creatures and ghosts maybe and bring back bobby :D.

• ups and downs

i love this show so much but in the most recent seasons, i feel like the novelty of the show has worn off, i miss how sam & dean were in the earlier seasons and i feel like they don't have any ambition i almost forget that the angels fell! i also think that they killed off too many characters that really make the show; ash, bobby, kevin, ellen, their own half brother adam! he would have really stirred up the show if they kept him! and garth is practically dead to them hahah, but otherwise its always, always worth watching and im still intrigued by it.
  • Stop at season 5

4.5
    The show was one coherent story from one writer (the main idea, I mean) up until season 5. Then they had nothing more to say, so each season tries to recreate a sense of what was great about the fifth one, I guess, but then falls flat.

Each main villain/challenge resolves in no real consequences and the patterns are always the same: brother A almost dies or dies doing something heroic, brother B does something broderline despicable to save him, then they spend the entire season hiding it from each other, each episode hinting at it, until it is revealed. Then they don't speak for a while, then they make up but still don't trust each other. Until the world is almost destroyed, that's when they make up. Then someone does something extreme to save the situation. Rinse and repeat.

Still, the actors have charisma and the mythology is interesting. If you are looking for an actual story with original ideas that goes somewhere, don't watch this. But if you want to grow fond of some characters and watch them do their thing week after week, get on board. Each episode generally has an interesting plot and you can get accustomed to the cool things about the world they built.
  • My favorite

Need more of Supernatural...
  • Best. show. ever

Supernatural is far by, the best series I ave ever watched. Extremely well acted, breath taking story line and it teaches a few things: Love, friendship and loyalty.

For sure worth watching... I'm going to be so sad when the show ends, lol!
  • ASDFGHJKL

Supernatural is the best series I have ever watched. I am very glad that I made the decision to watch this. Misha, Jensen, and Jared are all brilliant actors. I also love Felicia Day who played Charlie; I was sad to see her go.

I love all the characters- even the ones that you're not meant to like Meg and Crawley.

Supernatural is my life.
  • Spoilers.....

so in case anyone else hasn't noticed, on imdb's supernatural season 9 says the next episode will have Gabriel back!!!!
  • The greatest thing ever made!

This is the best tv show ever! Definitely worth watching.
  • Awesome!

A brilliant show, even in 2013!
  • Greatest TV show ever.

I absolutely love Supernatural. I could sit all day and binge-watch the first 5 seasons if there was enough time in the day and my mortgage could somehow pay itself.

Seasons 1 through 5 are the best. Things go downhill after that. Season 6 wasn't too bad, just not great. Season 7 was just awful. The Levithan were a joke and never materialized as something to be more terrified of than demons or monsters. Season 8 wasn't great, it was rehash of Season 4's story line with the blind double-cross/didn't see it coming climax at the end.

There are, of course, sprinkled throughout each season a gem here and there, but nothing like the earlier seasons, where most every episode was brilliant with a bad one here or there (Route 666, Bugs).

Simply put, its the greatest TV show I've ever watched. I will MAKE my kids watch this.
  • No Doggy DO-DO here!

What a great episode. Rather than appearing to be a filler episode this was a lovely reminder that Dean and Sam are hunters after all! Jensen Ackles acting being a dog was hilarious and worked superbly. The story worked straight forwardly and well. The killer was the ending with Sam starting to realise not all is right and Dean realising Zack maybe getting too comfortable in Sams meat suit!
  • Best Show on Television

An all-time must watch
  • Bromance and witches

I have been a steady viewer of Supernatural ever since it first came on the air. Now I feel old telling people that I remember the first episode when it was fresh. I mostly tuned in since Jensen Ackles is one of my favs and I loved him in the way to shortlived Dark Angel. No one delivers badboy quips quite the way he does.

But I stayed for the solid writing and easygoing storytelling bringing me along a not to serious and not to easy road. I do feel the show hast lost some of its drive and I am quite concerned as to how they are going to salvage the world and the show after some really (in the long run) boring seasons. I miss the simple ghosts and time traveling episodes, can we get them back? Oh and please give the boys some love interest or in the least some sex interests. Dean is not a masturbating perv but a damn magnet for hot chicks and that should be written in there. And Sam needs something to live for before his depression drags not only him and the show down but me with it.
  • Oz spin off

I would love to see a spin off of supernatural in oz with Felicia Day.
  • Awesome Supernatural show online from anywhere!

We love Supernatural one of the longest running series of modern times! Excellent show from The CW network and we watch it all online from anywhere in the world!
  • Supernatural! The Best!

Love it! the storyline! the comic stuff! and Especially! "Carry On My Wayword Son" :)

Sam, Dean ,Castiel, Bobby, John , Mary, Garth,!

Assbutt! :P
  • Theres no charge for Awesomeness...

The Best TV Show ever.....
  • Badass-ness

Supernatural has everything a good horror needs. Comedy and dead stuff!
  • supernatural

I loved spn especially season 1-5

but now i dont like it that much

• SUPERNATURAL KICKS ASS

SUPERNATURAL kicks ass and is the best show out by far. The Winchesters are amazin, and they keep killin it.....
  • SUPERNATURAL

I LOVE SUPERNATURAL FOR EVER!! ESPECIALLY DEAN WINCHESTER/JENSEN ACKLES! :-*
  • undoubtedly ... the best show everrrrrrrrrrrr

I started on friday season 1 ep. 1 ... that following friday was on season 6 ep. 13.

The most addictive show, these dudes and the writers deliver. Jared & Jensen .. you guys seriously rock; in and out of the show.
  • Seriously amazing show!

When I started watching Supernatural I was slightly sceptical at first because I never was into horror or angels and demons and that kind of stuff. But all it took was three episodes to get me hooked and I ended up watching all 8 seasons in less than a month. I agree in some episodes the storyline gets a little bland but over all the show never fails to deliver.
  • Was a great show

It was one of the best TV Series since the last decade... But ever the since the main story line ended after Season 5, they just couldnt pull up a powerful storyline to keep everyone intrigued... But still worth the wait for Season 9...
  • Best tv show ever

This show is amazing and no other show will ever replace supernatural!
  • Interesting Series

I like the show for the fact that the writers always try to please and satisfy us fans accordingly. I like the show cos it's something interesting. The first few episodes were kinda once I continued watching it, gotta say, I just can't stop. Again it has it's low time, when the story line was kinda bland and it seems boring at times. However, I would say once the angel Castiel was introduced it's got interesting again with demons and all. For me, I like Castiel most cos he is an angel and everything about Castiel is mesmerising. It just got me chilled and wonder how cool it would be if I could have my own Cas. I mean the angel who would always come when you call. Gotta say, I'm in love with Cas the angel.
  • could be better.

I love this show, I have every season on dvd, but this last season was just kinda eh. I think they're running out of ideas for the show, and what was the point of getting rid of Bobby? I read from an Interview he and he said he didn't want to leave the show. So why get rid of him? Get back to before. I like the Angels in it but this shit with Crowley is just getting old.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10