Supernatural

Tuesday 9:00 PM on The CW Premiered Sep 13, 2005 Returning Oct. 7, 2014

Gislef

Supernatural Fan Reviews (1655)

• A worthless piece of trash containing no talent actors and a bad story.

0.0
    This show is an absolute joke as it is poorly acted by Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles. They have no talent between them. Their physical beauty is non-existent meaning that they are both butt ugly! Then there is the unoriginal storyline that is about as unoriginal as its actors! This sad excuse for a show is doomed from the start.
  • A Bad Attempt for a Spin-off

I was unimpressed with the episode entitled "Bloodlines". I never got into that "vampire vs werewolf" series. It seems that there were some new creatures mentioned, . djinns. I thought that a djinn was the same as a genie! I normal save episodes of Supernatural, but this time I deleted it.
  • bad hour

Bad and the rating system keeps trying to have me rate it a 10 when I rated it a 1---I love SPN but this wasn't it. Here's hoping it goes down in flames
  • Bloodlines episode is NOT what I signed up for...

Bloodlines episode sucked, and I won't be watching the spin-off. There is probably 10 vampire series on now. I don't watch them either. If the writers pull another episode like tonight's again next week, guess what, I won't be watching the show anymore. Total waste of my time.
  • WTF are u guys playing at

are you trying to lose your entire fan base ..... cos your going the right way about it how many freaking delays have there been this season its getting beyond a joke now and ya know what i doubt im the only one whos gonna stop watching if there are any more delays seriously watch a ep wait a month watch an ep waith a month then u have the nerve to say it will air on this date then come up with some BS excuse why it didnt sort it out FFS
  • leave the bum chained to da rock!

what are your writers scavenging for ideas? old lost in space episodes? give me a have given them a home... gotten rid of the bickering... added hot showers and regular they jump the shark and it's Fonzie time...

• Low Cost TV

I really don't get this show, it's 2 guys in a car, then they are on the phone on close-up shot, they go to random ugly places, and say some stuff that save the world, there is no senario, no special effect, no direction, the picture is bad, i can do that show in a parking lot nearby with 100$.

The only thing i can see for that show to get more than a 3 in rating is that the two main characters are cute. The power of teenage girls and gay teen.
  • worst show ever . (besides the walking dead) actually they are evenly bad .

Bobby deserved to die. worst show deadset, my sea urchent munching sea cucumber can come up with a better series. worst show to this day, except the walking dead.

by the way jack black is the best actor in the world and if he was a character on this show it would make it a great show same if he was introduced to the walking dead.
  • Supersucky

Oh god... not original.
  • Watching this show now is hell!

I think Ii's obvious that this show is tanking, because they know it's the last season, so they are making it as cheap as possible. They killed off the re-occurring characters, probably to save money. They are also probably using discarded old plot ideas from the early seasons, when they mainly did single plot shows, that didn't have much arc content. I think a good comparison is with Highlander. The last season of that show is unwatchable, because of that. Also, the present season is pretty bland, because they are using less special effects, as special effects cost money. Sad. but this is reality television. The only reason this show lasted so long, was mainly because it cost so much to start another series, given the state of the economy.
  • How can this show still be running?

I remember watching this show first season a couple of years ago. I managed to watch five episodes and then gave up. The plot is not interesting, the acting is terrible and the effects are really, really bad. But somehow people seem to like it but I can't see why :s
  • Supernatural is a wonderful series, completely underrated by those critics who repute themselves too "high-brow "to watch such a show.

I believe that Supernatural is one of the most underrated shows on tv, with talented actors and a great wealth of compelling story-lines.

It certainly doesn't get the attention or the number of viewers that it deserves, which is a great pity for many people don't know what they are missing!

I discovered this show very recently and it blew me away.

I hope that it can improve it's ratings and continue for many more seasons.

• Season 6 - Episode 1 broke my Heart :(

First thing I would like to say... Downvote me to your heart's content but you and I know the truth, and the truth is ugly as ugly can be :(

I watched all 5 seasons for over a dozen times and every episode felt like nothing but pure euphoria.

I know a lot of people said "season 6 is going to be worst Supernatural season ever" but I dismissed this as just bulls-hit and knew with all certainty Supernatural would never, ever, ever lose its absolutely stunning story and constant action.

I almost went crazy from all the waiting and then finally the first episode arrived...

It started off beautifully I was hoping for the "Carry On Wayward Son - Kansas" song just to embed well and true that Supernatural is back in all its fury, but it didn't happen. I continued to watch with eager anticipation what will happen and hoped everything would be slowly unveiled and explained, but that did not happen.

All in all what had happened was this... nothing... thats right nothing happened. What do you mean by nothing? Well my good sir its as if none of anything had happened from the previous season and we, the audience, should ignore the previous season entirely. What did we get with this episode? Dean running around chasing a monster, Sam popped up as if nothing had happened (think of it like your brother/sister you thought were dead for a year came back knocking on your door and asking you if you wanted to go watch a movie in the cinema), and the rest can be easily guessed ... they beat the monsters and that's it.

Supernatural R.I.P.
  • they show up.. meet a family.. bad stuff starts happening...family starts to believe sam and dean.... the ordinary family becomes aware of supernatural stuff sam and dean bust out some moves..at first they dont win..then they win..bad guys die. the end.

out of all the episodes that ive seen, which would be all of them, I would have to say that this episode was an utter waste of film. It was very unoriginal, over acted by everyone besides dean and sam, and the directing and story line was a complete step backwards and disastrous. if someone were to watch this episode, never having seen one before it, they would be turned off to the idea of every watching the show again.

i hope to god that no one ever makes a show even close to this ever again. my god have mercy on those who enjoyed it.
  • More like \"stupor-natural\".

1.1
    I hate this show. What's the flippin' point about it? Oh. That's right. The point is to annoy the **** out of me. Seriously. Why show this when they can show something better? Put a tin can man with a paperball pal on the tube & i'd watch it. It'd be a whole lot better than this crap.
  • A show about two brothers who are hunting the super natural together.

1.3
    I have to admit, I really did not want to like this show. I did not want to add another show to my schedule or anything either. However when this show appeared free on iTunes, I had to get it. I watched it and find it interesting, intriguing, and I have to add it to my list of shows to watch. Not only does it include to delicious men, Jared and Jensen, it has suspense and drama. I love shows similar to this such as Smallville, and I find it funny the Jensen Ackles was on Smallville in Season 3 as Lana's boyfriend, then went on to be in this show. I do enjoy this show and it is as I said above "My New Best Friend."
    I have completely changed my mind!!!! I saw another episode and I died on the inside, it stunk.
  • i didn't like it at all!!

1.4
    As I said, I didn't like it at all.
    If you like the kind of shows that go with supernatural things, you will like this one, but I don't.
    I prefer, the kind of orange county.
    Anyway, I wont watch the second episode, i am not going to d/l it.
    I hope you think I am right.
  • Teeny bopper show

1.5
    I bought season 1 when it came out and i thought it will be good. To my my suprise, it was not. It was only 1 episode named "Asylum" of the 22 episodes. I gave up watching this teeny bopper show after watching all the 21 poor episodes, which i think lacked, suspense, good story, acting and so on. If more episodes was like Asylum, i think it would`ve been better.

I will not see a episode of this show anymore. I heard this show was influenced by The X-Files. I only thing that alike was them going around solving crimes and helping people.
    I think this show deserves my rating 1.5 Abysmal.
  • Casting disaster

1.6
    Well, I could only stand five episodes before I had to give it up. If Jensen Ackles hadn't been in it, I probably would still watch it. The casting must have been done by a 40+ woman who has watched too much Days of our Lives. Jensen Ackles is still a terrible actor, for those who wonder. His soap opera acting stands out even more against the more credible actors in this show. The basic concept is pretty good, reminding me of late X-files episodes. Some effort apparently went into the making of this show. I was mildly interested in the continuing storyline as well, but Jensen Ackles soon destroyed any interest I ever had or would have in this show. Back to soaps for you, sonny!
  • Bloodlines what show was this??

I'm A Superfan, I'm Not Even Embarrassed To Say It. But I'm at The End Of My Rope Here. This Last Episode May Have Been My Last New Episode. What Show Was It In, Because It ClearlY Wasn't SPN. I Literally Hit Pause And Info On My Remote Twice To Make Sure I Was Not Watching Some Crap Teen Drama. I Hated The Stylized Angst, The Ridiculous Characters ( All Rich, Gorgeous Young People) And Complete Lack Of Realism. This, On The Heels Of Yet ANOTHER Filler Vampire Episode.

• Thumbs down on bloodline

I agree with lots of review here. I LOVE supernatural and often don't mind the 'filler' episodes if there's a character in there that we love - like S9e19 - But E20? Seriously!! Apart from the fact that there was very little Sam and Dean, the link to the 'theme' of this season was horrible. The boys also seemed to be guests watching from the sidelines. Hope next week sees more of the boys doing their thing and starts bringing together the theme which seems to have been lost in the wilderness.
  • A GHOST OF A SHOW....

When plot lines were fresh and the characters dynamic, I use to look forward to each new episode. Now, scripts are handed off to a string of writers that seem to be working formulas cast from previous seasons, and the the actors have lost their incentive to show even the slightest enthusiasm for roles that have become caricatures. The sloppiness of these plot lines (Who was the third captive? How did Mrs. Tran get all dressed up, after so much time in a stink-hole?) do not leave the audience curious; just disgusted.

It's time to burn these bones and move on, Mr. Kripke.
  • Uninspired Copycat

If this was a review of the fans it would be much worse. Regardless, Supernatural it much like an overcooked hamburger, it gives you piece of mind that you can't get sick, but there is no flavor or originality. My main point is they stole from the x-files, changed the main theme of the show, to make it seem like something new, but quite frankly the only thing good they stole from x-files is the monster episodes. This show is going downhill fast much the way as x-files did.
  • Shouldn't have dragged on.

Supernatural through season 1-5 was really good with an excellent story and acting, I waited for every episode with high anticipations, and frankly I liked how the show ended in season 5. I got my head to understand that the show has ended and that's it, no more of supernatural. Now a few days ago I notice that episode 1 of season 6 is going to air and I am like wtf, is that a joke. Alright, so I sit through the whole episode, watching it unfold and by every minute I tell myself - they shouldn't have continued, they have jumped the shark and it's going in a downward spiral at 200 mph. One thing that really annoyed me - there is no proper storyline in this season, just some random bulls.hit, also no explanations on simple events. Are you seriously expecting that 'I don't know how I got here' is going to work in every freaking season? I can't count how many times has it happened that one of the main actors just say - 'Oh, sorry I don't know how it happened, let's just pretend that it never happened' Well, alright, I expect that it will be answered in the future episodes, but for now, the show is really pathetic - acting is dull and unattractive, story is boring and the most important part - life values have been lost in the show.
    I mean, death doesn't mean anything anymore, hell, perhaps bring back their father and make their mother 'guide' them as Obi Wan Kenobi.

You shouldn't have continued on with the show, you are making things worse.
    If you had left it at season 5, then most of the people would remember this show as being very attractive and with a good story, but now people will remember it 'ah yes, it was one of those tv shows with high ratings, so they had to go and screw it all up'
  • Very pretty characters, but very repetative show. See the first episode, you've seen the whole season.

They find a haunted house, they kill the ghost/s, one of them finds a potential girlfriend, but they have to leave her behind. ... repeat for next episode and the next.....

The whole searching for their father story line and referring to the past makes it more interesting, but it's still no where near it for me.
    ... and I'm someone who's in to supernatural stuff!!!
  • Trite and contrived. It's been done before...and better. The actors do well with what they are given...but even they are not enough to make me watch another episode.

The actors do a fine job with what they are given but they seem to be the only positives. In short? It's all been done. And the cheesy needless curse words are ridiculous. Dean says "bitch" like 20 times. Writers: I know you're trying to stay hip, fresh, and cool but guess what? Intelligence is "in" (have you seen the ratings for CSI?). It's ok to increase the vocabulary past a 3rd grade level. Also the whole "pentagram is good luck" bologna. We loved The X Files because it actually sounded believable. This show could have longevity if:
    a) The writing was better. Can you please stop insulting our intellect and give us something to sink our teeth into?
    b) Originality is key. The whole woman in white has been done um..to death. Hope we don't have more of the same to look forward to.
    c) Less 90210/OC and more Gilmore Girls whit thrown in
    d) Raise the bar and we will follow
  • Supernatural episode "Bugs"/ silly show with sillier ending

2.2
    I've tried watching this show. I will watch almost anything sci-fi/fantasy/horror, even if it insults my intelligence. With the ending of this particular episode I've decided to give up on the show; there are too many clones or wanna-bees of the Lost ilk for me to watch a series that is getting worse, not better. How the hell did it go from midnight to dawn in 15 minutes?!!! They were supposed to be in Oklahoma not some other planet with a very fast rotation. This ending didn't insult your intelligence, it slapped it in the face. Even Nightstalker has had better endings and I wasn't expecting that much considering the title.
    This is just my frustrated opinion; I don't want any fans of the show coming after me. :)
    jim
  • The fans say: "Best TV Show ever! Amazing acting! Incredible! Best thing since sliced bread!" The reality: No it isn't...

2.5
    Before I start this review, I would like to make it clear that I usually like shows dealing with supernatural/occult/horror elements ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Charmed" are two of my all-time favourite shows, and I've recently come to love "Masters of Horror"). But I strongly dislike "Supernatural." I find the show dull, boring, and not scary. In order to garner a fair opinion of it, I watched 16 or so full episodes and several clips from the internet (mainly due to being a fan of Jensen Ackles) from all three seasons but I still found the show insufferable.

The attempts at creepiness/scary come across as completely ineffective to me, which is bad considering it's supposed to be a scary show. I even tried watching one or two episodes late at night, with lights off, etc. to put me in a scary mood but no such luck. However, the aforementioned "Masters of Horror" continues to scare me and creep me out successfully, despite the fact that it is a TV show and not a big-budget movie.

The show also lacks originality. It's simply covering the same ground that we've seen in several other shows/movies, but with practically no added flair or difference. I have seen episodes that blatantly rip off imagery and situations from movies like "The Ring" and "The Exorcist". Even though the show attempts to come across as a gritty, real-world portrayal of cliché horror scenarios, it doesn't succeed. Actually, it seems that every shot of every episode is darkened and graded to the point where every episode looks the same. The following quote from an Amazon.com review covers this point better: 'The uniformly shadowy lighting which is exactly the same in every shot whether it's day or night is annoying and contrived...' For the most part, the writing is average, and you may find that even some die-hard fans agree the dialogue is a little crappy at times. The 'Brotherly banter' between Sam and Dean gets annoying after a while, as does constant use of the word "Dude" and yelling each others' names whenever they are in trouble. As mentioned, the plots lack originality, especially when urban legends and old myths are adapted. I also find the brothers quite unlike-able, which isn't really a good thing as they are the only main characters. I find them annoying, too overly macho/hero-like, and at times, a pair of idiots who seem like they don't know what they're doing.

Now, to what I feel are the show's only two good points: 1 - Production values. For a TV show on the CW network, they're pretty good. The special effects are decent for the most part, as are (some) of the sets.

2 - Jensen Ackles. I may be a little biased being a fan of his, but despite his good looks and age (i.e. the young, pretty-boy cliche), he is a very good actor, and in the time I watched the show, rarely saw faults in his performances despite the fact his character Dean is a bit of a cliché.

On that note, Jared Padalecki's acting leaves a lot to be desired, and at times is downright cringe-worthy. I have also seen him in "House of Wax" and "New York Minute" and have yet to see him turn in a good performance. In "Supernatural" he sways between wooden acting and over-acting (especially in argument/emotional scenes or when his character turned evil for an episode). If it weren't for his height, looks and the fact he won some 'Claim to Fame Contest' he would be out of work. Also, I'm rarely impressed with the guest stars. What shocks me is the amount of comments you will find on both this message board and around the net that Jared and Jensen's acting is 'brilliant' and 'amazing.' To be blunt, it's not. It has sometimes lead me to wonder if these people are delusional, or blind to talent...

Overall, I find the "Supernatural" is pretty bad and fails to succeed where other shows of similar genres have, both past and present ("Heroes", "Medium", "Ghost Whisperer", "Buffy", "Charmed", "Angel", "Tru Calling", "X-Files", etc.). It seems to me that despite the fact the deny it, the majority of the fans are distracted by the good looks of the two lead actors, and ignore the actual quality of the show. Eye candy alone does not make a good TV show.

If you want to give the show a chance, fair enough. But please don't be blinded by the die-hard fans who seem to think it's the 'best TV show' on at the moment. It really isn't.
  • I love them all but..........

I love this show and all the characters that have been introduced, miss Bobby. Is there a chance

He will come back
  • I hope they wake up from a dream next season...

And realize that this season was a bad dream, because this show is starting to suck. I've loved this show from the beginning but they really need to shake this show up. First Sam gets a great power in which he is flirting with danger, then Dean gets it, then Sam gets it - how many times do we need to ride this train. This latest season has been one big joke about itself. I can take a few clever episodes like that, but this is getting old fast. Booger has proven to hardly be a worthy big bad.

I hope the writers start planning for the end of this show to go out with a fiery bang instead of limp like a wet noodle. If this season is any compass, I think they are going the "wet noodle" route.

I say start planning the final 2 seasons now. I want the Apocalypse. Hell on Earth. Demons, Vampires, Changelings, Werewolves, and everything else roaming the Earth freely and a slaughtered Human population fighting back... Sam and Dean leading the last desperate charge. And God finally making an appearance in the last Season.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10