Supernatural

Shadow

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 28, 2006 on The CW

• The Return of Meg

While the viewers have known since the first episode that she appeared in that Meg was evil, the Winchester boys don't find out until this episode. Meg uses Devas to lure Sam and Dean into town. Sam runs into Meg in a bar and while Dean doesn't think anything about it, Sam thinks it really strange that he runs into her here and starts to think that she may be more than just a drifter. Sam follows her and learns that she has a connection to the dark side. He returns with Dean and walks right into a trap. The brothers think that when Meg goes flying out of a window that they've seen the last of her and the deva. That is just another trap to capture John who is waiting for the boys in their motel room when they return.

This episode builds more intrigue into the overall story and leaves you wondering exactly what is going on. Not many of the pop culture references we're so used to by this point are used in this episode. One that sticks out is when Meg says she ran into Chad Michael Something-or-another. This is a reference to Chad Michael Murray who has co-starred with Jared twice.
  • Sam has a reunion with a girl he once met, Meg, but it turns out that she is using the brothers to lure their father John to his doom.

Sam has a reunion with a girl he once met, Meg, but it turns out that she is using the brothers to lure their father John to his doom. This was a really good episode. Meg returns a lot sooner then I thought and we got to see a small Sam and Dean reunion with the Dad - once again sooner then I thought. I liked the Meg didn't die in the episode - maybe we can get a femal lead after all. I don't think she will become a part of every episode, but it will be nice to see her whenever sh comes up again.

The entire episode was great from start to finish, come to think of it. This might be my favorite episode since the Pilot.
  • Where can shadow be?

It's an interesting episode, this one. After the mythology-lite 'Benders' we're thrown into a heavily fuelled storyline designed to use the boys as bait so the YED can trap John Winchester. It's a neat plot twist in an episode that has more than a few surprising moments. I didn't think Meg would be sourced out so quickly, but I'm glad she's now a recurring Villain that has a history with the boys; it adds more weight to the proceedings. Her salacious advances towards a battered and tattered Sam were very reminiscent of Faith's torturous seduction of Wesley in the series Angel. Of course, the big hoohaa of the episode is that the boys are finally reunited with their father, for this episode anyways. I thoroughly enjoyed those few scenes, a glimpse of what's to come. And how about those shadow demons, eh? Easily the best creature to appear on the show and it's hardly featured. Go figure!
  • Full of wtf!

Wow, what a wild episode! Lots of story progression, and the first encounter of the brothers with not only their father, but their enemy as enemies, Meg Masters. It seemed like the first half was going to be another episodic Supernatural episode where a person mysteriously dies, and Dean and Sam have to come up with something creative to get info. It also provided plenty of humour, most particularly from Dean and his gaming with the bartender. Though the second half takes a drastic turn; Supernatural went from being a horror adventure to an action adventure momentarily mixed in with plenty of plot twists. Despite the suspense, fast pace, and story development, this episode felt like it tried fitting in too much in too little time. Nonetheless, excellent episode!
  • this was a good ep

in this ep of the show supernatural sam meets a girl he met before when he was away from dean and its meg she has returned and she is not good news she has a plan to lure them to there father so she can kill the father . and dean and sam must figure it out before its too late before something bad happens this was a good ep and i liked the ending and i thought it was a pretty interesting story and that is why i gave it a 9 instead of anyting lower and it had some really cool parts
  • Awesome mythology for an awesome episode!

"Shadow" is one of my favorite episodes of Season One, and for many different reasons: 1)Kim Manner's top-notch direction, 2) eerie, gripping Noir cinematography and atmosphere, 3) Meg Masters' comeback, 4) Sam's speech about his future and, finally and obviously, 5) John Winchester's appearance.

Of course, the reason behind all the aformentioned points, the glue that holds everything together is Eric Kripke's script, which is brilliant and scary, once again deep and thought-provoking and, above all, touching and moving. When Sam tells Dean that, after the killing of the demon, he plans on going back to college, to which Dean responds that he wants a very simple thing, his brother and his family, I was sincerely moved: the script, with just a few, well-written lines, and Jensen Ackles' terrific acting manage to convey a deeply emotional rush, a rush that illuminate an otherwise very dark, shadowy and grim episode. The Daevas, demons of obscurity, are frightening enemies and they are brought to life in a stylish way that made me both fascinated and scared. Of course, they are nothing in comparison to the cruelty of the demon named Mag, who caught the brothers in a trap, alluring them with killings of people from Lawrence, Kansas. Meg - a splendid Nicky Aycox - is a great character: sarcastic and brilliant and capable of turning a sweet smile in a deadly grim stare, Meg plays with the boys with the lazy attitude of a cat toying with a mouse, and it's this arrogant presumption that, in the end, makes her committing a mistake. But it's the fact that she's not perfect and overpowered that makes her so interesting. Plus, her role in the mythology, which - back then, when this episode originally aired - was still nebulous, is really pivotal, and every episode with her is a sure joy.

In the end, I must spend a few words for Jeffrey Dean Morgan as John Winchester: incredibly great, totally awesome and perfectly cast. He really seems Sam and Dean's father and he brings to the character a suffering and a repressed angst that was really enthralling. I remember, when I first watched "Shadow", that I really wanted to know more about him, about what the hell was he doing away from his sons. And even now, that many questions have been answered, John Winchester remains largely a mystery, a pivotal figure in the whole Supernatural mythology, and I'd love to see another episode featuring him.

All in all, an awesome episode: suspenseful and scary, emotional and breath-taking, one of the highest point of this Season One's second half.
  • Papa Winchester is back, and all three gorgeous men are kicking ass!

Jeffery Dean Morgan was the highlight of this episode, John's reunion with his kids, his sorta reconciliation with Sam, and the painful goodbye at the end … this guy is amazing. And Meg … uncanny, Sam was right to suspect her, but seriously did he think she wasn't on to him, that she didn't notice him lurking? The whole thing had TRAP written all over it.

The conversation between the brothers in the motel room was sad, Sam was very blatant about his plans and never really considered how lonely and rejected Dean would feel, he still didn't get the message; Dean's first priority is his family, that's all he ever needed.

I didn't really care for the plot itself, the Daevas, the rituals … it all seemed made up … even for Supernatural! What I did like was Meg rising again after that horrible fall, what IS she?! We'll find out soon enough, meanwhile, the boys found John, or he found them, anyhow, he's alive, and he's closing in on the thing that killed Mary.
  • Sam seriously has a bad taste in girls. I mean, they're hot, but come on!

The Winchesters run into Meg again in Chicago, and it's no coincidence that it happens to be in a bar where two people were murdered by something supernatural. Turns out she's conjured up some daevas, which actually translates to demon of darkness...like demons weren't dark already!

Sam spies on her changing in her apartment (and gets caught by a passerby), and then follows her to this warehouse where she has her altar set up. She talks into her bowlphone, and gives Sam the impression someone, or something, is coming to meet her.

So he goes, grabs Dean, and pulls him along with a bunch of their weapons in hand. Well, surprise surprise, it was all a trap. But not for who they think. With them tied up, it seems they are the ones Meg is going after. But it turns out they're just bait for someone else: John.

After Sam gets practically raped by Meg (which I found pretty funny, and a little hot...), Sam breaks free and knocks over the alter, which pissed the daevas off because next thing they did was pull Meg out the window.

When they get back to their room, they find Daddy is there, and they hug and make up and have a really touching family moment. But those damn daevas know how to crash a party. Oh, and another shocker, Meg's still alive. Yeah, there really is more to her then what meets the eye. They got sliced up like lunch meat, and finally decided that they had to stay apart to stay alive.

So, yeah. Now that you've got my little synopsis, all I have to add is that this was a great episode with some great acting and great...everything! Watch it now!!!

My fave quotes:

Dean: I talked to the bartender.
    Sam: Did you get anything... besides her number?
    Dean: Dude, I'm a professional. I'm offended that you would think that (smiles and chuckles as he displays a napkin with her phone number) ...alright, yeah.
    Sam: You mind doing a little bit of thinking with your upstairs brain, Dean?
    Dean: Huh?
    ---
    Dean: Why don't you go up and give that girl a private strip-o-gram?
    Sam: Bite me.
    Dean: No, bite her. Don't leave teeth marks... just enough... (Sam hangs up) Sam?
    ---
    Dean: But I bet you'd like to. Maybe she's not a suspect, maybe...maybe you've got a thing for her. Maybe you're thinking a little too much with your upstairs brain.
  • Yes this was good

In Chicago, the waitress Meredith Mcdonell (Melanie Papalia) is pursued by a shadow in a alley, and once locked at home, she is slashed and her heart is stolen. Dean and Sam move to Chicago to investigate two similar murder cases, and while in the bar where Meredith worked, Sam meets Meg (Nicki Aycox). Sam does not believe in serendipity, and follows Meg to an old warehouse where she worships a demoniac god. Meanwhile, Dean leaves a message to his father asking for help to fight against the shadow fiend. When John Winchester meets his sons, they realize that they have been ambushed by evil forces.

In "Shadow", the importance of the Winchesters in their fight against evil is highlighted and that they are part of a larger scheme. The also evil Meg will certainly face the family in the next episodes
  • awesome!

Clearly one of the most important episode of the series. This is when the real story-line begins. The returns of Meg into the show, and predominantly becoming a vital character. Not to mention a sort of "formal" introduction to the brothers' father. We get a real look at what Meg really does, and truly what kind of a dark person she is.The whole purpose of the trip becomes more serious and personal than they expected, and finally getting a look at what really killed their mom and Jessica. Again,another amazing episode packed with action. Watching Dean express his true feelings towards Sam for the first time was legendary. The special effects with the "shadow" as they attacked the boys and their father, the way they dragged Meg out the window, was spectacular! The separation of the boys from their father was really disappointing, leaving the audience anticipating the next episode.But the three of them will be reunited soon, thats for sure.
  • Sam and Dean are in Chicago where they run into Meg. Wackiness ensues.

This is a great episode in terms of overall season story arc, as well as character development. The family dynamics play out very well.

The beginning of the episode draws you in with humor and the mystery of what exactly is going on. Dean's ability to multitask (i.e. hit on women while getting valuable information) annoys Sam's one track mind, providing grist for the humor mill. The conversations in the beginning between the brothers are part of why I love this show.

Then they run into Meg. Meg accuses Dean of treating Sam like luggage, presumably from Sam's own griping about Dean in Scarecrow. Sam's pretty smart in the episode with figuring that a coincidence in their lives usually means trouble. Really, as far as the hero factor goes, Sam pulls several slick moves in this episode that get them out of trouble. I was impressed and a little surprised.

The scene with their father was brief, but showed the family dynamic really well. Dean and his father obviously get along well, but the distance between John and Sam is there. I also think that Sam's selfishness (as Dean said in Scarecrow) is apparent in this episode. Dean wants to have his whole family again more than anything, he even tells Sam this, but knows that they will get their father killed so they should separate. Meanwhile, Sam still has to argue about it. Logic and tactics over blind emotion.

I love the episodes where the characters are developed more fully. Seeing the Winchester family together, for however a brief amount of time was great for the story arc and for the characters.
  • "Don't take this the wrong way but your girlfriend is a ****"

"Don't take this the wrong way but your girlfriend is a ****" What a great line Dean has about Meg. I do not know how but this show keeps getting better and better for me. Sam and Dean thing they are helping their dad when actually they were leading him into a trap. I can see Meg is going to be someone to reckon with. The plot just keeps getting thicker and the characters getting better. I don't know if Sam was but I was turned on when Meg was getting dressed, LOL. I will watch every episode this show ever makes, it is that good!!
  • The brothers Winchester hunt down daevas and get used for bait by Meg, who's hunting their father.

This episode is incredibly revealing in terms of character - the conversation between Sam and Dean when they're getting ready for what they think will be the final showdown with the Demon shows that what Sam wants out of life and what Dean wants are two wildly different creatures. Sam wants to get back to normal, go back to school. Be a 'person' again. Ouch. Dean wants his family back together. He wants his dad back with them and he wants Sam not to leave again, and Sam's response to that is honest and terrifyingly gentle and the absolute cruelest thing he could have possibly said to his brother: You're gonna have to let me go. MORE OUCH.

When John shows up you can see the hope and happiness on Dean's face, and then it all goes to hell and they have to separate again and oh, it hurts everybody. The hell with those bleeding faces. The inside is where the real damage is, on all three of them. I love this show.
  • Ancient spirits of evil, transform this decayed form to Mumm-Ra! …Right? Oh, okay, you can go after the Winchesters instead…

So, "Shadow." Where to start? Let's start with the good news. I thought these things were good: the premise of an army of darkness, witches that are more powerful than the Boys, and the family reuniting; that the Winchesters essentially had to run away with their tails tucked between their legs; and possibly the scariest aspect of the entire episode, the fact that somehow Sam and Dean can find parking places right outside any apartment building they want in major cities' downtowns.

I could go through my normal discussion of trying not to lay blame on specific members of the production staff but I'm just going to skip the talk of mise en scène, Devil's passive voice talk of the production somehow doing itself. I had two main problems: one was the writing, the second was the direction. This episode had a great premise. It's really the first time that the Boys lose, and it's not like it's a close game. They get absolutely trumped. But there was no time when I was actually watching the episode where I was sitting there saying "Oh man, Meg and whoever is her boss are much more powerful than the Boys, I'm scared for their safety, I don't want John to show up, etc." Perhaps a contributor to this was the fact that Sam seemed to be the Miracle Wonder Boy – they meet Meg in a bar and he says "Meg is el que no es humano" (maybe I shouldn't have the quotes as that's not the direct line. Or is it?) He easily follows Meg back to her flat and she "doesn't notice him." He unties his binds and causes Meg to be dragged out the window. He uses a flare to destroy the Daeva. Of all of these, the only one that I'm okay with is the last, because obviously the Boys and John needed a way to get out of the situation fast. For all the others, I just felt that it's ok to jokingly call the Winchesters "The Hardy Boys," but for an episode to work, you need to have more dramatic tension, more wild goose chases, much less immediate discovery. This is something that I think Supernatural's Power that Be understand better in the episodes from season two.

The episode was too vaudeville, too, to be quite frank and rather mean, WB. It didn't even feel like a Supernatural episode. To better fit how I would see "Shadow" as a Supernatural episode, I think there could have been more research from the Boys as to what Meg is, exactly, as they don't know yet – do they think she's a witch? How do they plan to get rid of her? Was their plan going in to take out the altar and hope the Daeva would attack Meg? While stylistically the fight sequences are interesting, showing the shadow creatures as shadow attackers, they were almost the same length as the fight sequences of Ghost Rider, i.e., essentially a round of rock-paper-scissors. What made it feel like a "WB" television episode was that there was too little of this and too much of Meg posturing over the Boys, playing Basil Exposition, and too much in the first half of senseless objectification of Meg as a sexual object for Sam, which obviously doesn't make me a happy poppet.

In terms of the writing specifically, "Shadow" missed the overall tone of Supernatural. In the ultimate scene, John's line – and maybe this was just the delivery in the twangy, not-Kansas accent, although I think the script had a slight fault too – "You gotta let me go, Sam" sounded like a line from South Park. You can hear Stan's father, or someone from Team America, saying such a phrase because of its utter cliché and…ridiculousness. When I heard for the first time, in the bar scene, Meg's line about "something Michael Murray," I have to admit I almost packed the DVDs back into their case and brought Supernatural back to the store from which I bought it, never to be watched again. We can all have a good laugh about Chad Michael Murray, in fact, when I was in high school, my friend K.'s boyfriend broke up with her shortly before prom and we joked that she ought to send a letter to Mr. Murray to see if he would go to prom with her (which we obviously should have, seeing as MTV has made a whole show about that concept). However, it goes back to my thing about this episode screaming "WB." It's not a quip or allusion designed to make someone chuckle, like the usual lines about Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal – it's a line designed to make fangirls say "Ohmigawd I'm so jealous of Meg she gets to meet Chad aaaaand hang out with the Sam and the Dean ohhh!"

In the end, my problems with "Shadow" really boil down to a different version of my problems with "The Benders." In the latter, I found the "torture porn" to be a terror based on adrenaline, rather than stimulating the viewers' intellect (by which I don't mean solving puzzles, etc.). Likewise it was in the former; I found there to be a lack of (wishing there was a different word) intelligent stimulation in the dialogue and cinematography.
  • A very exciting episode! I especially love Meg, she is really fun!

Well I wouldn’t say that Shadow is my favourite episode, but it’s up there. Sam runs into Meg in a random bar in Chicago, and for some reason he thinks that it is a little strange. Dean just thinks that it is a freakish coincidence, but Sam still isn’t convinced. At the same time Sam and Dean are investigating a murder committed by something unspeakable. This thing tears you to shreds. Literally! After it is done carving you up, it then rips you heart out and leaves. Pretty gruesome stuff. They then discover that they are dealing with a daeva. An invisible animal like creature that is controlled by a demon. The question is though, who is controlling it? It must be someone nearby in Chicago. After following Meg around, Sam finds out that it is Meg! She had it planned from the very beginning! From meeting Sam in the bar and leading him to follow her, it was all a big trap. After tying Sam and Dean up, she has a bit of a chat with them and informs them that their Dad is in town, and it is all a big trap for him. But with Sam quick off the mark, he cuts himself free, and sends Meg flying out the window. A massive seven foot drop. Later on, Sam and Dean go back to their room and they find their Dad in there waiting for them. After the big family reunion, the Daeva’s come back, and start beating the Winchesters up something shocking. With cuts all over, Sam Dean and John all make it out alive. Wow. What a satisfying episode! A lot happened and it was very exciting. I especially like seeing Meg, she is so fun! I hope to see more of Meg's demon in the third season!
  • Sam and Dean run into Meg in a bar, Samsuspects that Meg is up to something and is some how connected to the killings that have been occuring in the town. The brothers soon discover that Meg is not what she seems... da da dadda!

I knew it! when the brothers run into someone more than once something is up. I was confused the first time i saw it i was wondering how she could be evil and be connected to all the killings if she was only a human, was she some evil hunter who liked to summon demons and order them to kill people. I liked the line were MEg siad "Sam were you only trying to distract me so ur brother could cut himself get free?" and then Sam says "No it's because i have a knife of my own!" *headbutt*... it was awsome.

Finaly the family reunion everyone has been waiting for! It sucked that Meg had to ruin it by making her little shadow puppets attack them. Why won't Meg die!
  • I hate meg!!!!

While investigating a mysterious death in Chicago, Sam Winchester(Jared Padalecki) and his older brother, Dean Winchester , (Jensen Ackles) run into Meg masters (guest star Nicki Aycox), who is thrilled to see Sam again. The brothers soon discover Meg is behind the murders and attempt to catch her. Unf o r tunately, Meg is one step ahead of them and un leashes shadow spirits on the brothers to ambush them. Sam and Dean realize the trap isn't for them, but for their father john Winchester(Jeffrey Dean Morgan). The episode was written by Eric Kripke and directed by Kim Manners.
  • Sam unexpectedly meets up with Meg at a bar in Chicago, and despite his suspected romantic interest, he feels there's more to it. Coincidence or not? When Sam follows Meg to an old warehouse, he discovers something he didn't expect and falls into a trap.

The Winchesters are a tightly-knit fam, once you get past all the layers... or is it just the dirt? I liked this episode. We see little more of Dean, Sam, and John, and what's buried underneath their male egos. Hey, another reason this only happens on the screen??? Never seen a male ego disappear so fast... hmm. Once again, the writers, directors, and actors have delivered us a suspenseful, not to mention sexy, thriller. Yay for Supernatural!!
  • Meg, Meg, Meg, Meg. Why won't you die?

Now when i say Painful to watch, i mean it litterally hurt. I think this is possibly the most flesh slicing episode yet. The makeup was very realistic to props to the makeup artists. I hate meg. but who doesn't? No one answer that, since, afterall i didn't really ask you. So we've seen her before in Screcrow when we were introduced to the stupid little miss perfect how somehow seems to find he way into shady drivers car's and also... into thier neck's... litteraly.

this episode was actaully my favorite at first. But after wtaching it again i realized that i only liked it for Dean's more than amazing lines. Sam: I'm just saying, there's something about this girl I can't quite put my finger on.
    Dean: What are you gonna do?
    Sam: I’m gonna watch Meg.
    Dean: (laughing) Yeah, you are.
    Sam: I just wanna see what’s what. Better safe than sorry. Dean: All right, you little pervert.
    Sam: Hi.
    Dean: Let me guess - you're lurking outside that poor girl's apartment, aren't you?
    Sam: No!...Yes...
    Dean: You got a funny way of showing your affection
    Dean: (to Sam) Now, look, why don’t you go knock on her door and invite her to a poetry reading, or whatever it is you do, huh?
    Sam: Shut up
    Dean: Why don't you go up and give that girl a private strip-o-gram?
    Sam: Bite me.
    Dean: Bite her. Don't leave teeth marks... just enough... (Sam hangs up) Sam? So all that to say that i ADORED dean's teasing sam, but only later realized that the rest of the episode was good too. haha
  • Shadow is a really interesting episode that has some great storyline and character development.

In the beginning of this episode there is a girl walking down an alley back to her apartment and she is being followed by some sort of shadow creature, and at the last minute she makes it safely into her room. Unfortunately whatever it was followed her into her room and killed her while making a mess of the apartment. Later on, Sam “coincidentally” runs into Meg again and begins to grow suspicious of whether or not it was really a coincidence, so he follows her around and she leads him to a shutdown building where she is using a black altar to summon or communicate with some uber-evil-being. He hears that she is meeting this evil the following day so he and Dean return to try to stop or kill or do whatever to her. They find out it was a trap and she summons the Daevas (shadowy creatures) to attack the boys, and then ties them up and has her trap set for their father. They escape and destroy the altar and the Daevas throw Meg out a seven-story building while the boys head back to their room and are reunited with their father. The reunion is cut short and they are once again attacked and almost killed by the Daevas, and upon their escape come to the conclusion that they can’t stay with their father because he is safer on his own, and they part ways. Then Meg is seen on the street without a scratch on her body, hinting that whatever she is, she’ll be back later.

another great creepy episode!! in case u're wondering jensen/dean his HOT!!well papa winchester is in da house again so we're hoping for a happy ending...nah just kiddin! everybody knows there is no happy endig in SN!!
  • "Choose a girl thats not so buckets of crazy" luved this eppy

I hated Meg from the start even before I knew who she really was. I jsut didn't like her, she was mean to Sam and everything. and she was also too much like Sam. But then she shows up again after we know who she really is well thats just bad news. and then she kidnapps the boys and trys to catch dad. and then they meet up with dad again. and Sam and dad make up and they all hug it was just so ewmotion and then u see dean scream when he sees that is family is hurting and he doesn't know what to do. I really like the episode. not at first but then I got the box set and now I just luv it!!!
  • this is cool

terrific episode. Watch closely and you will see some great television craftsmanship.

The filming on this show looks a little bit better - maybe a lot better - than most television shows. It really stands out from the overly lit, woodenly acted (or over-acted) soap operas of daytime television and the cut-from-face-to-face conversations in TV sitcom conversations.I

In this episode, watch the scene where Dean is talking to the barmaid - getting her telephone number and as much as her attention as he can get.

They could have filmed it a lot of ways. Instead of doing something simple and dull, they shot it from a little distance - a quarter to half way across the bar.

Instead of choosing a dull, motionless shot - they moved the camera like a person who was looking over their left shoulder at the couple talking at the bar, while walking across the bar. People walk around a lot in bars. So, that made the scene seem more real.

Anyone who did not think about that - would not have shot that part of that scene that way. Anyone who did not have a cam that could move steadily while shooting like that would not have been able to pull it off.

The acting was really great this episode.

There was one thing about the makeup that kind of bothered me. Sam got the left side of his face ripped up pretty good in this episode.

Understandable, since he had been on the wrong side of a pretty one-sided altercation with a demon, or "Deva" as they were called.

However, a face that ripped up might leave a scar. And the lead character of a show cannot get a scar on his face because that would destroy the continuity of the episodes.

The characters have to look pretty much the same from one episode to the next, because people do not necessarily watch them in sequence.

The show is really great. I found the series kind of dull at first but as the series progressed - in more ways than one - I found myself really won over.

I am a big fan now. I am convinced that the people who are in this show, and behind the scenes in it, are going to be around in the TV and movie industry for a long time. The camera people must have been already.

I think this is going to be one of those shows that five years from now you will be tracing a surprising number of celebrities back to as if by some great coincidence.
  • Crazy b***h Meg!!!!

This by far was one of the best episodes of the season and possibly of the whole series. Meg is one psycho, not only did she slit throats more violently in this one, she instilled the help of a shadow demon to help catch and kill John. She even attacked and captured both the both the brothers after which she took a dive from the fifth floor down. And the b*tch, still. didnt. die.

What a great episode it was...

And there were many funny and creepy one liners too
  • Sam and Dean are working on murders where the victim\\\'s hearts have been ripped out, when Sam encounters his blonde hitchiker buddy. It turns out she controls evil spirits, who are accountable for the murders the brothers are trying to solve.

It was in \\\'scarecrow\\\' when this series become really interesting, and now in \\\'shadow\\\' things are really hot up. Sam and Dean are solving a murder of a barmaid, whose heart has been ripped out of their chests. In a bar Sam meets the blondie with whom he was going to hitchike to California, and he decides to follow her. Sam\\\'s \\\'I can\\\'t quite put my finger on it\\\'-feeling turns out to be correct when he follows her to an old warehouse building, where she is summoning spirits. In a hope to solve the barmaid\\\'s murder and kick evil\\\'s arse Sam and Dean head out to the warehouse, only to find that she has set them a trap!
  • Sam and Dean head to Chicago to find the source of spooky murders. The discover that an ancient demon controlled by Meg is behind the whole thing, trying to lure them to Chicago in order to lure their Dad there.

This was one of the best episodes of this show that I have seen. I am a huge Supernatural fan and have seen most of the episodes. I hope that with the WB and UPN merging this show won't get cancelled.

The shadow demons really freaked me out. Finding out who they were controlled by was even creepier. Finally seeing the two brothers with their Dad was heartwarming for the brief time ti lasted before the Deva attack. Along with One Tree Hill, Supernatural is one of the WB's best shows. I am one of those people with eclectic tastes. I like all kinds of shows.
  • Terrific episode. Watch closely and you will see some great television craftsmanship.

The acting was really great this episode.

• Family reunion and a reunion of another kind.

John is back! I *adore* JDM so his mere presence is a joy to me! The reunion was all sorts of warm and fuzzy, notice how John never actually apologises to Sam? I’m not sure the man even knows how! But still, the way he did it was so sweet. All three Winchesters in the same room, can we ask for more? It’s wonderful to see them together, I look forward to soon seeing them actually work together and we can see the John Winchester we’ve heard so much about. "She *was* the bad guy right?" "Yes sir!" That was so cute!

Given Dean’s explanation about why he doesn’t want Sam to go back to school, it’s interesting that Dean is the one who says that they can’t go with John. It’s obviously hard on Dean – he immediately turns away. The expression on John’s face immediately says that he agrees with Dean and his expression softens when he looks at Sam. (In 'Devil's Trap' it was John who said that Dean's the one 'who looks after this family'. He's right - Dean never worries about his own safety, only Sam and John's). Beautiful character development through the episodes - Sam has gone from not caring if John’s missing (‘Pilot’) to pleading with John to let him and Dean to go with him. This already came through in ‘Scarecrow’ when Sam leaves Dean to go after John. But it's not just Sam - Dean too, every time he has protected his family, it's building up to the finale and to the decisions he will make. I love the continuity. This is a beautiful scene.

Meg was so right about the boys being John’s weak spot. He can be really hard on them and he and Sam can have spectacular fights, but no matter what, family is always the most important thing to any of the Winchesters – to Mary, the boys and John. It highlights a softer side to a man who can be painfully stubborn, angry and impenetrable, this softer side is a very rare sight so we should enjoy it while it lasts. I love this family! Definitely one of the most realistic on television – no mushy heart-to-hearts, no constant hugging, people *don’t* act like that! It’s so easy to love these men and I never fail to be touched by their love and devotion to each other.

Meg is so cool! The way she sets up Sam – posing half-naked in her window, pretending to talk to the cup – is great. Then she just waits until they’re inside the warehouse then that’s it. They think she’s a girl messing with dark forces – they don’t realise yet, she *is* a dark force! I look forward to getting to know her better.

I loved her defence for her actions, explaining that she’s doing this for the same reasons Sam and Dean do – love and loyalty. We’ve already heard her talking to her father so just like the Winchesters, this is a family issue. Meg is connected to our Big Bad Demon, so the motivation for the attacks on the Winchesters becomes obvious – the same reason John went underground in the pilot, he was getting too close for comfort. John must be quite a threat for the demon to send his daughter to take John and the boys out. Meg is protecting her family too, how’s that for a cool twist?

I enjoyed Dean’s descent into sleaze with teasing Sam about Meg. He makes me laugh! “Bite me!” “No, bite *her*…” Dean always takes pleasure from Sam having fun, I sometimes think he goes out of his way just to make Sam smile.

This is the first real canon episode – an episode purely about the demon that killed Mary, where we see Meg and John and finally get a few titbits about the demon they’re after. We’re starting the build-up to the finale! Can’t wait!!
  • Guess who's back!

This episode reintroduces the suspicious character of Meg, the mysterious stranger from the episode a few weeks ago and is brought back in a very well plotted way in this instalment of Supernatural with great lines from Dean involving the upstairs brain, twisting Sam’s version of the speech.

Another character brought back, perhaps even more important, was the boys’ father who they’ve been searching for the whole season and come to a realisation that will make the hunt for their mother’s killer even more important but also gives some momentary relief for the family as they are all safe.

With all the usual twists and traps of Supernatural, Shadow is an episode that is one of the most important instalments yet.
  • Another really good episode :), for people who wanted to know what ever happned to that chick Meg in Scarecrow, this episode will sure answer some of your questions, oh and an unexpected guest arrives to visit the brothers

This episode was gr8!!, I think every one who watched the episode Scarecrow, they would all remember seeing that crazy girl Meg who -slit that guys throat and used his blood as a frequency to another realm- and we never got to really understand what she was up to, then the episode closes on that scene and we didnt even get any answers... but now up to this episode we unexpectedly get to see Meg re-appear and through out the episode we start to get answers. I loved the acting from both Jensen and Jared (I think in all my reviews I\'ve said that), for once we get to see the dad :), there was quite an emotional scene in the episode where Dean, Sam and the Dad reunite, have their moment, then soon after get attacked, then realise that the dad is not safe with them :( . there was some funny scenes with Dean and Sam but I cant write them down right now, I unfortunatly have to much homework ;( and if If I dont do it with perfection and hand it in tomorrow I lose my recess and lunch for freakin 3 whole weeks!, besides that I loved the episode, story line and the acting and I cant wait to watch the next episode! :D
< 1 2