Supernatural

Shut Up, Dr. Phil

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 21, 2011 on The CW

7.9
  • Loved the Buffy reunion and everything...but this episode didn't do anything but add inconsistencies. And I'm a viewer who personally liked [[most]] of Season 7

*SPOILERS FOR LATER SEASON 7 EPISODES*

Look, Season 7 has been trying to add layers to the boys' relationship, such as Dean killing Sam's childhood friend, Sam killing Dean's (amazon) daughter, and this episode seemed to want to humanize a couple "monsters" that the boys would normally kill.

The end of the episode just didn't make sense and seemed out of character for both of these boys. This couple has murdered innocent people just to piss each other off, then one of the witches tells you what you did wrong and you don't try again. It just doesn't fit in with the past 7 years of the show. Dean murdered Amy in front of her son 2 weeks before this, but ends up letting these two murdering witches go.

That's why this episode wasn't good. You just can't ignore something like that.

And I'm not a hater, I'm not bashing the show, I've enjoyed most Post-Season 5 stuff. But this one just reeked of laziness, and Supernatural is better than that.