Supernatural

The Devil You Know

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 29, 2010 on The CW

• War makes strange bedfellows so when Crowley comes round with plans within plans to use the boys to save his own behind, well, things could get sticky. then again, blood usually does.

This was a strong ep chock full of major setups for the finale, as well as a few within the ep itself. **Spoilers ** We see the beginnings of a possible plan for getting Lucifer back into his box, not that Dean would let it happen, but... it's possible. We also see another shoestring being grabbed and ready to be tied in the guise of Bobby being made an offer by Crowley who is an interesting bad guy though not nearly as clever as he thinks he is. The fact that Sam and 'Brady' had some history didn't pack an iota of impact though, don't know why. I think it's because I knew Sam wouldn't let Dean down, so there was no real surprise. (Personally I would've liked it if Sam had indulged a little bit in some carving of his own instead of a little shaving nic) once he had Dean trapped in the bathroom. And for some reason, that Dean enabled Sam to take him out at the end, there just wasn't that satisfaction I was hoping for, maybe cause we figured the whole Jess thing was already resolved with Azazel's death... don't know for sure but. all in all it was a fair ep with some very strong setups. So good work Kast and Krew. And as always, special love to Jensen and Jared.