Supernatural

The Magnificent Seven

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Oct 04, 2007 on The CW

• That's what I call: "starting off the third season with a bang."

This was a great concept! Even if it did become obvious to me, during the department store murder, what the pattern was going to be with these black cloud demons. I also liked the human realism of Isaac's reaction to the Winchesters. Yeah, I know! There were other super-birthday boys and girls who came to that ghost town. And, if Sam had been killed there, one of _them_ would have gone on to open the Demon's Gate, instead. But, try telling that to a Hunter, like Isaac, and he probably would have replied: "That's the same cop-out used by drug dealers!" Even so, it's the sin of pride that led him and Tamara into that demon bar without scoping it out, first (as Dean would say). And, it cost them dearly. What I liked best of all was the mysterious blonde who saved Sam's life. One of the Seven acted like they recognized her! So, I'm going to take a wild guess here. That blonde is the she-demon who Dean made his deal with, in a new form. And, she's making sure that Sam outlives Dean, so that the latter has no legitimate grounds to renege on the deal! What a financier would call; "protecting her investment."
  • One of the best season openers of any show ever.

With a demon army on the loose, Sam, Dean and Bobby are suprised at how remarkably quiet things are, with barely an omen in sight. They soon pick up the trail of a band of demons wreaking havoc, but when they try to stop them, they realize they have their hands full and then some, because what they are facing is more than just ANY band of demons. With plenty of action and one particularly gory death sequence, The Magnificent Seven kicked off Season 3 with one hell of a blast. We have a focused, interesting narrative that still manages to weave overarching plot threads for upcoming episodes and a whole lot of man-on-demons action, peppered with the series' trademark wit and style. The villains are cool, the acting's great, the action is solid - what more can you ask for?

• What's in the box!

Season three kicks off with a fairly "safe" episode. That's not to say it wasn't good, it was, but there are only a few choice moments that made the episode above your typical season one episode, which is a little disconcerting at this stage in the show's run.

Now that the yellow-eyed demon is out of the picture, focus is brought upon Dean and Sam's internal struggles. They're no longer hunting the big bad. Instead they're trying to capture all of cats they accidentally let out of the hat.

I enjoyed Bobby's interaction with the brothers, it saved the episode from becoming stale. He really is taking the stand-in role as father figure, and it was interesting to see the brothers take orders from him.

Hurrah! More characters are brought into the fold. Nothing special is made of them as of yet, but there's definitely promise in these two femme fatales. Especially from the mysterious blonde who has a really slick fight scene.

It's Supernatural on auto-pilot, meaning you'll have your standard brotherly banter, a few misleads and some demons in a Devils Trap spouting off about how they're so much better than us mere mortals. As a means of paving the way as to what to expect from this season (heavy emphasis on Dean it would seem) it gets the job done. But as a continuation from last year, it's a little too low-key. The Seven Deadly Sins were cool, but they should have showcased more. The few horrific deaths proved they were powerful, but nothing much is made of this supposed "ancient evil," making them no different than your average Casper on this show. Pity.
  • In my honest opinion, best premiere yet.

What a great season premiere! This episode focused on a little bit of everything and brought back Bobby, while introducting yet another new character who will probably become a possible new series regular.. plus the Monster of the Week was great (Monsters, that is)

I knew that the Devil's Gate opening would open up a number of new story lines, and this week's demon(s) show that the show hasn't lost its touch for coming up with interesting and frightening villains. The moment when the Gluttony demon makes the hunter drink the Drano was chilling and coldblooded. Supernatural has shown some brutal deaths in the past, but this was just torture for tortures sake.

Watching Dean enjoy life, even though he knows he's going to Hell in a year, was pretty funny, although at times, I felt like Sam, wishing he would face facts with what he did and realize it was somewhat selfish.

Overall, this was a great premiere.. good monsters, good acting, and Bobby returns! Bobby should be in the rest of the episodes from now on. Plus, I'm intrigued by this Ruby person. And that knife! Almost like Samuel Colt, except in dagger form...
  • What's in the box!!

In this episode Sam, Dean and Bobby are going after the Seven Deadly Sins with the help of Issac and Tamara. In a stupid move Tamara and Issac go into the bar where the demons are and they try to trap them. The demons catch on to who they are and end up killing Issac by making him drink drain cleaner while Tamara watches. It's too late for Issac when Sam, Dean and Bobby bust down the door with the car and get a demon into the trunk. They also take Tamara with them.

In a house Bobby figure out that they are dealing with the Seven Deadly Sins and the demon that Dean put into the trunk that is now sitting in a Devel's Trap is Envy. They let Tamara deal with him. Dean has the idea that he will heed off the other sins before they can get to the house but Sam won't hear of it. They barracade the house windows with salt and wait for the demons to come.

Issac turns up and with a voice that sounds full of pain he tells Tamara that he escaped from the demons but Bobby tells her that it's a trick to get her to open the door and that it's a demon possessing him. He blames Tamara for demons killing their daughter. In her anger she slams through the door, breaks the salt line and stabs the demon through the chest. All the demons come through the door. Bobby deals with Gluttong by luring him into a Devel's Trap. Dean has Lust and he kisses her long enough to shove her into a bath tub full of holy water and Sam has the rest. He tries to lure them under a Devel's Trap but Pride being Pride wont go. He tells Sam he doesn't have the YED's protection anymore. Pride starts to choke Sam when a random blonde girl comes to Sam's aid and kills them all with a mystery knife. She leaves before Sam can get her name.
  • The brothers and Bobby go after the 7 deadly sins.

Just a so-so episode, and a disappointment as an opening episode. I really like Bobby and the 2 demon hunters. But I am getting SO TIRED of 3 things in this show. 1. Why do the brothers have act like **rney little teenagers. 2. The writers interject too much humor (or in many cases humorless) lines. 3. STOP the repetitive bickering between the 2 brothers, it seems they could tape the argument and re-play it over and over in every episode. There is a good basis for a classic series, but I really think that if this show continues on its current path it will not survive the test of time. I don't find myself rewatching episodes. I watch episodes only from DVD, never on TV and so far I haven't re-watched any season 2 episodes. Come on writers...you need new blood.
  • A great premiere!

So, after the Hell's Gate in Wyoming burst open, hundreds of demons stormed out of it, headed back in the world from which they were banished and ready for bring destruction and death... or so the Winchester boys thought, but it has been a week and nothing happened. What are the demons doing? What are their plans?

"The Magnificent Seven" address this issue and introduce us to seven demons banished in Hell during the Dark Ages, the seven Deadly Sins. And with Dean convinced that having only a year left means enjoy every second of his carnal existence and Sam preoccupied for his brother's lack of steadfastness, it would be up to Bobby to drive safely through this hellish nightmare. Well, Bobby and a sassy girl named Ruby, armed with a knife capable of killing demons with a stab.

The premiere is really great: action-packed, cleverly written, full of both biting irony and drama. Kim Manners' direction is top-notch as always and Eric Kripke's script is just perfect, grounded in real-life occult lore but with enough spicy twists to grab viewers' attention by the throat.

Two thoughts: Pride (Ben Cotton) is absolutely awesome! And - having already seen Season Four - Katie Cassidy: we missed you! Katie is such a talented actress and she portrayed Ruby magnificently.
  • The aftermath.

This episode was the season opener for Season 3. I am glad they used this plot. Finally, the seven deadly sins. I thought this plot would never be touched on. But finally it did. The introduction of my favorite character on this show, Ruby! I really like the character. And I loved her introduction on how she was so mysterious. Watching the seven deadly sins battle it out it with Bobby, Sam & careless Dean is hilarious. I didn't like the married couple though. In fact I hated that married couple. I wanted Ellen t come back. Where did she disappear to? Good season opener.
  • At the end of season 2 they promised us a war, and though this premiere isn't the most enlightening or mysterious episode ever made, at least they showed us they hadn't been kidding.

It's no 'In my Time of Dying,' but I think this episode manages to promise a lot for the season. We see a few nasty demons and get a glimpse of the Mysterious Masked Chick (Ruby.) Bobby's there, so we know he'll be around. There's some indication that selling his soul to the devil has changed Dean's outlook both on life in general and on his place in his family, which is sure to play out well (Dean gets to be selfish - nice!) The episode has more real horror than some, and so we know things could get bad. I didn't adore the episode, but I enjoyed it.

As an aside, why do demons always look surprised and upset when someone starts to exorcise them? I mean, what else do they think is going to happen? The method isn't exactly a giant secret.

Also, it's amusing that during Bobby's fight with Tamara, Sam and Dean look uncomfortable being the people *not* having the biggest argument in the room.
  • Awesome episode.

Bracing themselves for the possibility of an apocalyptic war, Sam and Dean realize they have an enormous task of hunting down the hundreds of demons that escaped from the Devil's Gate. With only a year left to live, Dean decides to live life to the fullest and exhibits a carefree attitude that troubles Sam, who is trying to find a loophole in the deal. Bobby tells the brothers about a sighting in Nebraska, that turns out to be seven demons that are the actual manifestations of the Seven Deadly Sins. Ruby appears for the first time and seems to be stalking Sam. She then lends a hand at a crucial time.
    This was a brilliant first episode of the third season of Supernatural, it was better than what I was expecting, this show is so cool and awesome, I have only seen most of the first series and I wanted to start watching it again and after this I will be watching it regulary, the only thing is that starting next week it clashes with Lost, so that is bad.
  • Season 3 has begun and it is full of sin!

After months of waiting, Supernatural is back and it is safe to say it is better then ever. The season pretty much picks up where it left off. Dean sold his soul to save Sam and every hunter is on alert with the hundreds of demons and spirits that escaped from the Devils gste.This week Sam,Dean and Bobby face off against the recently escaped Seven Deadly Sins. The thing I like most about this show is that It manages to add a variety of myth and legend and not make it awkward. It was great to see the SDS's in action. We were also introduced to two new hunters: Issac and Tamara, the Bonnie and Clyde of hunters. The recurring theme with hunters is that they always take it up after some big tragedy in their lives and Issac and Tamara are no strangers to that rule. I hope we will learn about their past in the future. We also see Ruby for the first time, who slahes her way into the Winchesters lives. Bobby was great in this episode and I liked the tension between Sam and Dean over Deans deal. All in all, Supernatural is off to a strong start. Keep it up!!
  • This is a great start of season 3!!

I really liked this episode. It was a great start of the season, and it really makes the rest of the season look promising... :)
    It is obvious that Dean still hasn't begun to understand what it really means that he is going to hell in a year, but I guess so far a year seems like a long time. Looks like he is making the best of it though, with eating whatever he wants, and sleeping with whomever he wants... :D
    Sam is really worried, and wants to get Dean out the deal as fast as possible, but off course Dean won't go for that, as it might break the deal... A lot more of this comming, I'm sure...
    They meet up with a hunter-couple and are faced with the blames that they are the ones who let all of the demons out of hell. You could tell that really hurt...
    The seven deadly sins - that's really bad. I can't wait to see what other kinds of demons they let out... :)
  • Welcome back

I love being british but because we don't get programmes till ages after a lot of people have already seen them it can kinda suck. Well as expected season 3 started with a bang. Dean having less than a year to live he wants to get the most out of life before he dies and along with it annoying Sam because Sam feels guilty and wants to help only to be reminded by Dean that he can't. The duo and bobby along with a married couple of demon hunters face the 7 deadly sins. The brothers better watch out because it seems they have some competition in the female variety and she's good possibly even better than them ... yeah right.
  • Yay, Supernatural's back

Great, I finally get to review a new episode.

Ok, so Dean's going to hell and Sam is trying to find a way to get him out of it, only Dean is more bothered about getting laid. Nice to know he has his priorities in order :D. This episode was pretty good. I liked the idea of the seven deadly sin demons but it would have been nice to see more of their effect on people.

I'm also intrigued by Ruby. So far and I think that she is an intersting character and would like to see how she develops. I know some people really hate the two new characters but I am willing to give them a chance.

Highlight: Bobby in a suit. Cool. Really weird seeing him without a trucker hat.

All in all a pretty good episode
  • Sam, Dean and Bobby meet new hunters and the seven deadly sins, a week after the gate was opened.

Was thrilled to hear Hell's Bells at the intro... and the new title card is beautiful. (sorry not a macho word but hey, aesthetically pleasing just doens't have the same flourish.... ) Hmmm Oak Park Illinois (wish I still had the picture of Oak Park Barbie... LOL that would be hilarious right about now) and yeah, watching that cloud of demons cruising toward Chicago (Hey beist... Did you recognize the Sears Tower and the Hancock building in the background? That was an awesome walk wasn't it?) ahem... sorry, I always knew this city was just chock full of evil. I loved seeing Dean just reveling. It's a great way to start the 'last year of his life' the unspoken Celebration... and yeah, the boy's a glutton for sensuality whether sexual or other... and though I literally laughed out loud at Sam's expression, It's very cool that Dean just didn't really give a hoot what his brother saw and didn't even blush. That was just awesome. (had to get that out cause you know... sex... it's good) IT's going to be interesting watching Dean's transition through the year, going from (excuse the pun) Devil-may-care through a hopefully realistic range of emotions regarding his own finality. I loved that there was a TON of setup/information/and recap in this one episode. Bobby cleans up okay :D got a good chuckle out of how awkward he looked like he felt. These guys do 'nuance' real well. Bringing Tamara and her husband (sorry name escapes me right now) in was very well done, I hope we see more of her. (Oh gross the drinking the drain-o... sheesh... barf city... man... gotta skim over that part because seriously I WILL hurl... that stuff liquefies tissue... it's so very not pretty) AFter watching it last night I wished Bobby would have said something like 'you know where to find me/us' or something like that.... but after watching it again this morning, that's what he said without saying it so... nicely written. So the chick tonight was Ruby right? Not Bela? Either way, they did a great job of introducing her without introducing her. Didn't notice her name in the credits, don't care. (I like the demon killing blade though... hmmm). BUT... she could definitely be an interesting addition to the show, especially since THE WAR has started and the boys are getting more and more exposed to other hunters. We got the fact, with Gordon last year that they're not all ethical or morally stand-up-ish, and that there's some serious mental effery involved with becoming a hunter so, I see the potential for her to weave in and out of stories. For now though, I'm really glad Krip wants them to be antithetical to the boys. We'll see what happen when the other one shows up. Willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for the time being. Let's see what happens. In my humble... this ep wasn't about the demons per se, it was about getting some vital facts out there, giving us a deeper range of demon that we haven't seen before... Oak Park Envy's point was wonderfully written, and very well acted when he called the 'humans' on their own vices. Fortunately, we're aware that we're animals, and that we have vices, and that is why we have the potential to be more than we think we can. (wow... sorry... soap box going bye bye now) but point is, he had a point. Loved Pride... and yeah that b***h (yes pride) needed a good smackdown. So way to go already Ruby... (thanks for saving Sam... are they ever gonna get tired of choking that boy?) and loved the insinuation that somehow YED might have kept Sam a little sheltered from other demons... he referred to him as The Boy King... My thinking is that even though YED is dead, the power he bestowed should remain... I mean so there's no more Chosen children left, as far as we know, except YED's favorite... doens't mean the deeds past are automatically undone. Course that would also leave Sam open to visions still because there are still demons out there, even if they're not YED, many of them are ancient and undoubtedly just as powerful. No dilution of the demonic bloodline so to speak. (anyway, just a thought or two). Loved the Animal House quote - You go Bobby. :D Jensen's comic timing... with the hand coming up... too cute and so perfectly Dean. And lastly (for now), I'm also really glad Sam addressed the deal and that the final detail is now out in the open. At least as Dean tries to thwart him (because allowing him to pursue a loophole is in effect 'trying to weasel out of the deal' the thing to keep in mind though, is that if Dean isn't aware that Sam is continuing to try to find that loophole then he''s not condoning it which means he's not putting Sam's life in jeopardy.) he'll understand why. It was great that Sam called Dean on being a hypocrite, and Dean's simple shrug, "I can live with that" and the admission that he's tired and whether the light at the end of the tunnel is hellfire or not, he can see relief. I want to know what the look the boys exchanged while they were prepping for the other sins to arrive, was about. Was it about Sam wondering what his life is going to be like without Dean? Was it about the confrontation at the end? What was it? mmm kay that's all I got... I'm sure it's more than enough. All in all a very very satisfying beginning to the season! With so much to set up, with an entire war to plan and wage, I think it was quite brilliantly written, densely packed with information all in one tidy little 44 minute episode that can be used as a reference guide. Wonderfully done by all - cast, crew, everyone. I'm ready for more.
  • What a way to return to our screens. The guys encounter seven demons (the Seven Deadly Sins) and face them in an exciting finale sequence, with the help of another couple of hunters.

I just saw this episode for the second time on tv yesterday and it was even better than the first time I saw it. I really like the storyline because it is different from what has been covered in the series as yet - the guys have never faced anything quite like the famous Seven Deadly Sins and it was interesting to see them bring out their arsenal to fight them. I loved the dialogue and thought the music that was in this episode was really appropriate. We are also introduced to a few new characters: Ruby (although her name is not mentioned at this point in the season), the hunter couple Isaac and Tamara (they let the episode down in my opinion) and although he is not a new character, Bobby plays a more frontal role in this episode than he has in others. A really great way to return to our screens. :D
  • It is back.

• A bit like Charmed actually...

This was a superb season opener but because there was no cliffhanger last season like Season 1 it wasn't the best. I love any suernatural show that can pull of the Seven Deadly Sins like what Charmed did and this was just as good. Obviously with the aftermath of the mass escape of demons from Hell, the brothers (and Bobby), have a lot of work to do. Then there's this new chick who save Sam rom theree demons including Pride while Dean (no surprises) gets Lust on his tail. Sam continuously tries to let Dean have a fun filled last year on Earth but his care free attitude wears thin when Dean isnt bothered about when his time's up and Sam snaps - so whats in store for the brothers in next weeek's ep??
  • The Seven deadly sins with a twist.

Now that the gates of Hell are open the demons emerge, as the 7 deadly sins. They are able to inhabit people and force them to commit the sins, a sort of living incarnation. A new character is intoduced, a hunter with a knife which can kill the demons. She seems to be a ace in the hole for when Bobby is asked if the war is winnable he just turns away. He doesn't think the war can be won.

Dean, having sold his soul, is living life with the attitude that he doesn't really give a crap about things and yet he really does.

The action was great, the humor was fine and the it likes like this season is off with a great episode to show the season's great start!
  • An awesome start to the season and a new character to top it all off.

When I heard they were going to be introducing girl characters into the show, it made me think it was because they wanted more sexual appeal for men. I wasn't sure but I was a bit worried at how the new season would turn out. But after seeing this episode, it seems that the new characters are not going to just add to Dean and Sam's journey, they will play their own role but separately. I like how we weren't even introduced to the new girl character, she kind of just showed up, saved Sam using some interesting methods, and disappeared again. To me it was a good way to sort of give a sneak peak of what's to come with this new character. I am not sure how the rest of this show will turn out, but I think that the events of last season will really make this season a lot more interesting then what I first thought. We will probably be seeing all sorts of new things we didn't expect or think of to come, and I am excited about this new season and can't wait for the next episodes.
  • What a great way to start season 3...

Yes, what a great way. In this episodes the brothers encounter the Seven deadly sins so you can already imagine how that is going to turn out. So in this episode along with Bobby, the brothers try to fight the sins and send them back to hell. Also in this episode we encounter several new hunters and a mysterious woman who saves Sam's life. This episode does continue on from where season 2 finished. So the gates of hell were open and the hunters are trying to clean up the mess. Although Bobby believes that the War may not be winnerable due to the lack of Hunters. Also they are trying to find a way out of Dean's one year deal with the demon at the crossroads...but with little success. Overall this was a great start to the new season and i look forward to watching the next episode.
  • The Seven Deadly Sins are out and it's time to send them back to Hell.

That was a pretty sweet episode. It was not necessarily my favorite or anything, but I enjoyed it. Dean's new carefree attitude is pretty freaking hilarious. I feel really bad for Sam though, talk about guilt trip, ya know. I'm pretty excited about the new chick, I think they have a great opportunity to do some cool stuff with her, just hope the writer's don't screw it up (not that the writer's have screwed up yet, they rock!) I had this thought in my mind of Hunter's being angry with them about the Hell's Gate thing, but I didn't think it would ever actually be addressed in the show, and then it was, so that was cool...I guess in conclusion it probably wasn't really the episode itself that really excited me so much as the fact is was the season premiere...
  • Los hermanos Winchester empiezan el último año de Dean enfrentándose con los 7 pecados capitales. Un episodio muy interesante que introduce un nuevo personaje en la serie.

Ha empezado la guerra pero aparentemente nada está ocurriendo, por su parte, Dean ha decidido disfrutar de su último año de vida a lo grande, pero cuando reciben una llamada de Bobby sobre eventos extraños en un pueblo los hermanos van en su ayuda.
    Ahí se encuentran con una pareja de esposos que también son cazadores, y juntos descubren que se están enfrentando con los 7 pecados capitales. Tras la muerte del esposo, ahora Dean, Sam, Bobby y la esposa cazadora se enfrentan y exorcisan a los demonios. Aunque Sam tuvo que recibir ayuda de parte de una rubia misteriosa quien con un cuchillo especial pudo matar a los demonios.
    Un capitulo que nos deja nuevas preguntas y muchas ganas de seguir viendo la serie.
  • nice epp....but not my fav

Bracing themselves for the possibility of an apocalyptic war, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize they have an enormous task of hunting down the hundreds of demons that escaped from the Devil's Gate.

With only a year left to live, Dean decides to live life to the fullest and exhibits a carefree attitude that troubles Sam, who is trying to find a loophole in the deal. Bobby (Jim Beaver) tells the brothers about a sighting in Nebraska that turns out to be seven demons that are the actual manifestations of the Seven Deadly Sins.

Kim Manners directed the episode written by Eric Kripke.
  • Incredible opening

Five days after Sam and Dean opened Devil's Gate, all is quiet until they come into contact with the 7 deadly sins in human form. I felt that this episode was actually a bit of a let down because I was expecting it to come in with a huge bang after the the end of season 2. I enjoyed the idea of fighting the deadly sins, I just wish they hadn't used that specific story line for the premiere of season 3. It always seems that each season ends with the promise of the oncoming apocalypse, and every new season sort of strays away from that. Hopefully this season will buckle down, and I'm pretty sure it will because seaon three is such an important season no matter what show it is for.
  • Best Season Premire to date!

A few days after the Season 2 finale, Sam and Dean are fighting over Dean selling his soul. The two and Bobby investigate a murder which the victums apparently sat and watched tv and starved themselves. The three run into a hunter couple and the couple soon gets into trouble when they enter a bar with seven demons. Th guy Issac, is killed and his wife Tamera is saved by Sam, Dean and Bobby. Bobby tells them they are up against the seven deadly sins. The six remaining sins (the boys killed one of them) come to the house. Bobby takes out one and so does Dean and Tamera. Three crowd on Sam, where he is saved by a mysterious girl with a knife that could kill a demon. Dean asks Bobby if he thinks they could win the war, and Bobby walks away.
  • The boys are surprised that days have passed without sign of any of the demons they recently released. Dean spends his time carousing, while Sam studies demonic bargains in hopes helping Dean. When Bobby calls with a lead the brothers hit the road again..

I thought this episode was pretty average. Its nice to see Dean having some fun (sure hope he uses protection :Big Grin:). I liked the character of Tamara, although perhaps it would've been better to save new characters for future episodes. I found the demons themselves to be pretty wimpy and easily vanquished. Did not like the new hunter chick...Too silly... What's the deal with scrawny blondes? That didn't really work well the last time did it? I hoped the forced inclusion of more characters doesn't ruin the show... Overal, I'm really glad to see the boys again but this was not a very memorable episode. Average.
  • Five days after Sam and Dean opened Devil's Gate, all is quiet until they come into contact with the 7 deadly sins in human form.

• Not the way i remember it...

Unfortunately, the season 3 opener suffers trying to follow the near-perfect finale of season 2...

The plot and effects seemed simpler and less well constructed than in the previous season, and the character of Bobby seems a bit 2-D and overplayed. It's a shame that such a fine show should falter at the beginning of it's third season, but it's not all bad. There is at least one interesting addition to the cast in the form of an as-yet unnamed woman who possesses a blade capable of dispatching demons. Handy that she showed up to save the boys when she did. The hunter couple featured in this episode, however, did little to enhance the plot. Their presence seemed trivial and their arc was predictable. They suffered from a lack of depth that meant I just didn't care about them that much. That said, the concept of the episode was an interesting one (the seven deadly sins), albeit too big, I felt, for an hour-long episode.
  • The opening to the new series comes out swinging!

So another season of supernatural another one of the brothers in trouble. It's begining to sound a little too familiar isn't it? But somehow Eric has done it again. The idea that the seven deadly sins were actually demons is inspired. The boys head off after their encoutner with the cemetary (as we left them- although with notably less Ellen). It seems to be set a few months down the track although we aren't told. They're demon hunting and come accross a town where weird things are happening and go to investigate resulting in much death and witty humour along the way. I think the most fun I had in this episode was with my sister trying to pick out which sin was which!! But this isn't to say that it's all cheery and roses for the boys. Dean's still dying and if he breaks the deal in any form or fashion Sam will die. Either of which resulting in the end of the series (Which may be imminent at the time slot its in at the moment anyway).

The laughs kept coming in this episode too which is nice because towards the end of Season 2 it started to take itself a little too seriously- moving away from it's roots in early Season 1. I did feel that the angst between Dean and Sam was a little bit forced and their confrontation at the end was very predictable. I'm also getting sick of new hunters. Anyone who takes screen time away from Jensen and Jared is bad in my eyes! All that said it's an excellent start to what is shaping up to be a terrific series.
< 1 2 3 4