Supernatural

The Magnificent Seven

Aired Wednesday 9:00 PM Oct 04, 2007 on The CW

• That's what I call: "starting off the third season with a bang."

This was a great concept! Even if it did become obvious to me, during the department store murder, what the pattern was going to be with these black cloud demons. I also liked the human realism of Isaac's reaction to the Winchesters. Yeah, I know! There were other super-birthday boys and girls who came to that ghost town. And, if Sam had been killed there, one of _them_ would have gone on to open the Demon's Gate, instead. But, try telling that to a Hunter, like Isaac, and he probably would have replied: "That's the same cop-out used by drug dealers!" Even so, it's the sin of pride that led him and Tamara into that demon bar without scoping it out, first (as Dean would say). And, it cost them dearly. What I liked best of all was the mysterious blonde who saved Sam's life. One of the Seven acted like they recognized her! So, I'm going to take a wild guess here. That blonde is the she-demon who Dean made his deal with, in a new form. And, she's making sure that Sam outlives Dean, so that the latter has no legitimate grounds to renege on the deal! What a financier would call; "protecting her investment."
CW