Supernatural

The Magnificent Seven

Aired Thursday 9:00 PM Oct 04, 2007 on The CW

• In my honest opinion, best premiere yet.

What a great season premiere! This episode focused on a little bit of everything and brought back Bobby, while introducting yet another new character who will probably become a possible new series regular.. plus the Monster of the Week was great (Monsters, that is)

I knew that the Devil's Gate opening would open up a number of new story lines, and this week's demon(s) show that the show hasn't lost its touch for coming up with interesting and frightening villains. The moment when the Gluttony demon makes the hunter drink the Drano was chilling and coldblooded. Supernatural has shown some brutal deaths in the past, but this was just torture for tortures sake.

Watching Dean enjoy life, even though he knows he's going to Hell in a year, was pretty funny, although at times, I felt like Sam, wishing he would face facts with what he did and realize it was somewhat selfish.

Overall, this was a great premiere.. good monsters, good acting, and Bobby returns! Bobby should be in the rest of the episodes from now on. Plus, I'm intrigued by this Ruby person. And that knife! Almost like Samuel Colt, except in dagger form...