Supernatural

The Mentalists

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 04, 2011 on The CW

• The boys hit "psychictown", and find their way back together again with a little kick in the pants from an old friend.

Sam and Dean, having separated in the previous episode, are each drawn to a vengeful spirit wreaking havoc on a small town full of psychics.

Sam is initially reluctant to work with Dean again, after learning not only of his betrayal, but the fact that he LIED about killing Amy in the first place.

But, the boys are hunters, they do what they do and they do it well, chasing down the spirit of an angry sister who was never appreciated for her "Real" psychic talents, whereas her "showman" and prettier sister was the one with the success.

Along the way the writer drops a few interesting teases, like the museum curator's suggestion to Dean that he talk to Sam, tell him "How bad it's gotten" because "Ellen says if you don't she's going to kick your butt"...

The question is, how bad WHAT has gotten? Dean's drinking? His ennui? or is it something else? is he contemplating suicide? is he terminal?

I realize that keeping a viewer guessing is part of the fun of writing, but Supernatural has a long and bad habit of dropping tidbits then never giving us fulfillment about them. I'm truly hoping that this isn't the case this time and that by the end of the season we get some well deserved fulfillment. Just like this ep gave us!

To all the kast and krew, thanks for your hard work!

To Jensen and Jared, special love boys, as always.

CW