Supernatural

The Usual Suspects

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 09, 2006 on The CW

• Supernatural does their own version of "redrum."

It's always an interesting concept when the writers of Supernatural make it so Sam and Dean are forced to face off against normal humans, and are aided by the supernatural beings. It happened before in Bloodlust, and once again, in this episode, we find a vengeful spirit who, despite being responsible for multiple deaths, ends up simply wanting justice for those who murdered her. It's something anybody could understand, especially those who have suffered tragedy at the hands of someone who gets away with something.

This episode was filled with plenty of twists and turns and enough of Dean's sarcasm to keep me satisfied. I feel like the introductions to the episodes are getting better and better, and the writers keep finding creative ways to make a storyline flow. I also love the fact they brought back the doppelganger storyline. I was always wondering how Dean was able to walk the streets across America and never get caught. It was also cool to see Linda Blair as Detective Ballard. Overall, this was a very solid episode.

The one thing I was confused about was how easily the case was solved. I'm not saying it should've been harder, but the fact that Pete was responsible for Claire's death didn't seem as realistic to me. It seemed like something that came out of nowhere, and the way his character was portrayed in the beginning made him out to be someone who was genuinely interested in getting the Winchester's to go down for the murders.

Either way, I really liked the episode. I want more of the yellow eyed demon though!