Supernatural

There Will Be Blood

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM May 11, 2012 on The CW

• There Will Be Blood

There Will Be Blood was a superb episode of Supernatural. I really enjoyed watching because there was a lot of action, drama and intrigue. It was awesome watching as Sam and Dean realize the scope of Dick Roman's reach upon the food chain. I love the parallels to our own reality and society in relation to health and what we eat. This episode definitely makes me want to be 100% vegan even more, but who can give up a good steak or barbque chicken? I will just avoid High Fructose Corn Syrup, which I have as much as possible and I definitely notice a difference. I loved how every thing played out and I really look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!
  • How did Sucracorp infect the US so quickly?

I'm giving this episode a six not because it's boring the pacing makes a snail seem like a cheetah on steroids but there is one major flaw with the Dick Roman's plot to conquer the earth. Oh god not another one of these.

Dick Roman aquirred Sucracorp sometime during season 7, his intention was to come up with some sort of additive that would make us the human race more easier to catch and eat. After several failed attempts to develop the serum ("the turducken syndrome") where people literally morphed into flesh eating zombies, he finally perfected it and added it into High Fructose Corn Syrup which as you all know is in everything processed, from soda, to twinkees crackers, cookies to even canned fruits n vegetables. The corn syrup is then transported to companies such as Coca-Cola, and Nabisco to be added in with their products. The tainted products are then shipped to all grocery markets and mini marts, turning these poor souls who ingest the food into mindless drooling zombies.

Considering how long it would take to develop the formula then add it to the corn syrup you ould have to figure out exactly how long it would take to properly mix, and how much is needed to the corn syrup supply in order to become effective. Then figure how long it would take to ship and process and then add more time to package and ship to all mini marts. Supernatural explains lil to none of those things and expects the viewer to believe in that short time all of this could be done in a relativly short time frame.

Also even if I am wrong nd in the time it takes to properly manufacture and distribute tainted supplies and add to america's most loved products is correctly written, the entire country would not be affected at one time nor would all of America's food sorces be affected. First off there are several companies that deal in Corn Syrup, so only a small portion of product would have Dick Roman's syrup. A good chunk yes, let's say that Sucracorp sells it's syrup to Coke but Nabisco has their syrup brought from another company. Then figure distribution it's assumed by the writer that distribution would affect everyone at once, not so. Distribution would only affect those in some areas at first and then spread.

Also the writers ignore that the government would not be involved somehow. I would think at some time someone other than Sam and Dean would figure out there is a zombie epidemic the FDA and the DOH would investigate and come to the conclusion somethings happening, he may have some government offices under his control but really something this large is not going to go unnoticed. Also think of our allies somewhere in Britain, Russia, China anywhere that imports our products there's no way Dick Roman's hand is that stretched.

I know Supernatural has had some farfetched stories in the past but those mainly involved opening the pits of hell, another demension and a full on demon apocalypse. This season is grounded too much in reality and with a show like this it simply doesnt work.
  • awesome episode

another great episode only one more left the Big season final can't wait for it Go supernatural you rock
  • Fantastic episode

Spoilers below, read with caution!

I don't know if I've ever given any show a 10 but in my book this episode gets one. It kept me totally immersed in the story from beginning to end and of course left me hanging for next weeks episode to tie up all the loose ends and there are some doozies. Roman has kidnapped the brilliant kid who has the tablet and is forcing him to translate the tablet or else Roman will kill the kids mom. Meanwhile Roman Enterprises is putting drugged corn syrup in all their food products which is causing the general population to become totally complacent for future manipulation and processing by Roman Enterprises.

Sam and Dean are attempting to determine how they will get the items they need to destroy the Leviathans so they summon Crowley as they will require his blood as well. They also find out from Crowley where the alpha vampire is who is the third person they need blood from. Crowley tells them he will only give his blood when they have everything else they need to destroy the Leviathans.

So they hit the road to find this vampire and stumble into his house finding a seemingly innocent victim of the vampires. They rescue her and she tells them the vampire king has moved to his safe house. So they "rescue" her and hit the road again to find the vampire king with her assisting in finding him. Bobby continues to assist them but as push comes to shove they need to prevent Bobby from getting further involved.

Locating the vampire kings haven and attempting to break into the vampires house they fund they've been outed by the "victim" and are captured by the vampire king. He is all ready to kill them when they explain to him he is simply another victim in the Leviathans plans. The vampire doesn't initially believe them and when Edgar, Roman's henchman, arrives to meet with the vampire he has Sam and Dean locked away. While negotiating with Edgar the vampire king asks what the plans are for the Leviathans and the vampires. Edgar replies the vamps are scum just like the humans and everything else and a fight breaks out between them. Meanwhile Sam and Dean have escaped and enter the room as the fight is starting. Dean attacks Edgar only to be stopped by Edgar but Sam comes up from behind beheading the Leviathan. The vampire king then realizes what is going to happen if the Leviathans aren't stopped and gives Sam and Dean his blood to help with defeating the Leviathans. Back at the motel Bobby has entered the body of a maid and opened the safe containing his whiskey flask so that he can take control of himself. Sam and Dean arrive back at the motel to find Bobby gone as Bobby has headed off to deal with Roman.

This episode ends with Roman summoning Crowley and telling him they have much to discuss.

This episode is so great because it carries the Leviathan story towards its ultimate end. I enjoyed the prediaments that Sam and Dean got into and Bobby's continued hatred of Roman. I think this is one of the best acted episodes for our two heros and felt the story was extremely well written and really started fitting all the pieces together for next weeks denouement.
  • cmon work

Possible spoilers ahead. There will be blood? i saw a drop or two but, you can't use an allusion like that as a title and not have much blood. I didn't even know they needed blood to make a weapon and i saw the last episode. Must be Sam who said it, because lately, when He talks, I cant hear him. His words are whispered or said so fast i cant make it out. A sword is needed from what I gather. Now they need crowleys blood, which they could have taken from him before they went after the alpha vamp. But they didnt, for god knows what reason, they didnt take crowleys blood and now they cant get to him, how convinient.
  • Bobby the Friendly Ghost

With a way to kill the Leviathans discovered Dean and Sam set out to find the other two sources of blood for the weapon. Meanwhile, at Roman Enterprises the newly captured Prophet Kevin by Dick and Edgar to decipher the Word for him. Sam and Dean get Bobby's help with the identity of the other two sources and one of them is Crowley who agrees to bleed for them only after they have the other two blood sources have been found since his enemies can use his blood for many nefarious purposes to get to him. The other source is the Alpha Vampire who is the only Alpha to have escaped Cass nuking the Alpha facility when he was God at the beginning of the season. Crowley sets them off to North Dakota where they find a virgin that the Alpha keeps around. She leads Sam and Dean to "daddy" as she calls him and she actually really loves him it turns out. Apparently virgins taste like a delicacy to vampires. Seeing the vamp mythos get expanded in such a way as a side story in this. Not to mention that Dick Roman has bought out Sucracorp which manufactures high fructose corn syrup and is putting the Turducken brainwash formula into everything with it. But it also poisons vamps, and to avoid being mind slaves Sam and Dean go on "rabbit food" as Dean calls it in the humorous part of the episode. The Alpha imprisons them as the Leviathan Edgar arrives to speak to the Alpha. Apparently Dick and Alpha had had a conversation about mutual human destruction but when the Alpha brings up the poisoning Sam and Dean allege Edgar says that Dick and he plan on annihilating the vamps as well as the humans since there isn't enough room for both enjoy the 7 billion of them. The Alpha pushes him and very coolly calls himself, "A Son of Eve" which really dates how old he actually is. Dean and Sam break free of their office prison and decapitate Edgar as he's about to kill the Alpha informing Alpha now to leave it lying around close to the body for too long. The Alpha bleeds for them so that they have two of three and they vow to return for him and he cheesily says, "see ya next season" and he's definitely getting an arc next season at the very least. While all this is going down Bobby is even more vengeful than before and Sam and Dean fear he's going full vengeful spirit soon and they lock his flask in their motel room. Bobby manages to possess a maid and gets her to open the safe and take the flask. I didn't know that ghosts could involuntarily possess people as far as I remember in this show I though that that was just demons but maybe vengeful spirits can on the brink of it all too I guess. Dick summons Crowley to him at the end of the episode throwing a wrench into getting his blood before they kill Dick with it. Looks like a full on assault on Roman Enterprises next week with the whole merry band together including Cass and Meg along for the ride. Hopefully Bobby doesn't go too off the deep end that would suck majorly and hard to write him out of as he would be vengeful indefinitely. Kind of a by the book penultimate episode that felt more like last season's "Froniterland" without the quirky mission of getting a weapon in the Old West. Although the Alpha is a very interesting character. Oh well Season 7 has been a major botched job in and of itself so hopefully next season's season arc will be way better since it's for sure coming back next year. Happy Hunting in the Season Finale Brother Winchester!