Supernatural

Season 8 Episode 7

A Little Slice of Kevin

Full Episode Summary

Sam and Dean are surprised to discover that Castiel has escaped from Purgatory, but doesn't remember how. Meanwhile, Kevin and his mother turn to a witch for help against Crowley but she betrays them to the King of Hell.

8.6
out of 10
Average Rating
227 votes
Episode Discussion (9)
We've seen Cas being saved before without him knowing how or why he always get back... in season 5 then when he exploded in the lake and now this...
so was it always Naomi? or Naomi's Boss?
I personally thought it was God saving him for a reason! but with Naomi in the picture, i don't know anymore
I get the feeling that Naomi is like God (Chuck's) secretary. She does all the work, etc. I am really hoping that we finally get to see Chuck again!!!
I will always be both thankful for Sam's heroics and past deeds, but at the same time; Because of this season I will also be disappointed in his character.. Regardless of how many times he apologizes.. They have put forth a permanent stain that can never be removed. He abandoned Dean, and never even tried to help him or find out what happened.. I miss the old Sam that tried to sell his soul at the crossroads in order to bring Dean back to life and out of Hell where he was being torn apart on racks for 40 years.. Where was that Sam when Dean was suffering in Purgatory?!? Who cares about some stupid promise if one brother dies to live a normal life.. Dean would claw, bite, and bleed to get Sammy back.. As I said, permanent stain on his character; and thus disappointment.. For shame!
Point 1: Sam did not know that Dean was in purgatory! It is easy for us, as viewers of the show, to know where Dean went, but Sam had no clue! I believe he was broken and didn't know what to do after Dean disappeared. Point 2: Sam did not abandon Dean for a girl (as has been said in one of the reviews above). It was a few months after Dean disappeared that he met Amelia and they helped one another in their grief! Point 3: In my humble opinion Sam is just as much a hero as he ever was & I don't think his character is stained at all. Right now he is still by Dean's side and supporting him, even though he is pissed off that Dean didn't confide in him about Benny. Point 4: Even if Sam knew that Dean was in purgatory, what could he have done? He saw what happened when Castiel opened the door and I don't believe he would've risked letting all the monsters out of purgatory on the off-chance that Dean MIGHT be there. I can't believe how critical some people are being of Sam's storyline. Let it play out and just enjoy what is (and has always been) a great show.
More +
And Dean went and forged a relationship with Lisa...Come on! Give them a break- they've both died, gone to hell and come back. Dang- give them a break! Sam's been saying he wanted to be free for almost the entire series at one point or another.. I do agree that it's against character, though...Sammy worshiped the ground he walked on...they've both changed a great deal; sometimes it seems like they're reversed in a way.
i don't think that's that simple ... as we can see sam's flashback are overcolored, traditionnaly that mean he want to get the past in a beautifull way. More than what happened in reality ...
Totally agree. I have been liking this series less and less as the writers portray Sam as the nasty back stabbing brother and Dean as the good one. I think the writers have lost direction a lot over the last couple of seasons. The MAIN reason that many of us fans liked the show was NOT all the nasty monsters but the loving relationship between the two brothers that sould see them go theough ANYTHING to save the other. That's it. Pure and simple. But with this season now that Sam has turned his back on his brother and gone for the lazy life - well - I'm giving up on Supernatural now. There's no point in watching more.
That's like stopping the running at the 3/4 line. Why stop watching it- you either accept it or you don't. Supernatural's the bomb and I will watch it till the season ends, I don't give a crap HOW bad the writing gets. Nothing is perfect- except the spirit of this show which IS. <3 Sam and Dean!!
You are wrong. Sam didn't let down his brother. Dean was disappeared , Cas vanished, Bobby died. Sam was alone and had no idea where is Dean. He tried to find him, but there was no spoor. Sam suffered, although, he started a new life with Amy. It will come out in the next episodes, by Sam's flashback. Just wait patiently.
This comment has been removed.
Today