Surface Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

New viewer of 2012 - From the UK

AntoninaBreen

[1]May 10, 2012
    • level: 2

Sometimes I think you have these brilliant ideas for tv shows but your way ahead of your time. If you had shown Surface now, it would be hugely popular and available, I would hope, to not only the USA but the UK. To bring out a programme that has extreme weather conditions, conspiracy theories, DNA cloning etc would be hugely popular in this day and year (2012 Mayan - End of Days reminiscent don't you think?). I don't know about the USA but in the UK we are getting some pretty extreme weather conditions and the youth of today are extremely interested in conspiracy theories and weather conditions.

And the most annoying thing is that your intended viewers in 2006 was only the USA public. In the UK our choice of sci-fi programmes is shockingly limited. Thankfully in the last few years we have seen an increase in availability to US shows, but I can assure you in 2006 unless you lived in the USA you wouldn't have seen Surface.

It is a shame that you could not do a follow up series to this, about the survivors, but re-run the first (only) season as well.

I would also like to say that the idea for this show was absolutely fantastic, the script writer/writers are genius's. It was gut wrenching knowing that this show never concluded.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

demsd

[2]Sep 13, 2012
    • level: 2

Amazing how things work out, isn't it? There were three shows that I watched that were on between 2006-2008, Invasion, Jericho and Surface -- all of which were cancelled with relatively high viewership. Surface had good ratings which makes its cancellation bewildering. I think focus of the studio has more to do with it than anything else. I do agree that it might do better now than it did 6 years ago.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.