Surviving Suburbia Forums

ABC (ended 2009)

Surprisingly funny

typhon89

[1]Apr 25, 2009
    • level: 4

I though it would be "just another sit-com" but I found myself laughing. I loved the crazy neighbour (whose name I just can't remember) character.

Unfortunately I found the daughter kind of annoying, but maybe that will change in the future if she gets proper storylines.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KillswitchEdge

[2]May 5, 2009
    • level: 5

I actually thought the first episode was pretty bad, to be honest. The timings were way off, there were noticable pauses between lines and punchlines, but I stuck with it as I'm a huge Bob Saget fan.

I'm so glad I did.

The episodes that followed the pilot have been progressively getting better and better, and the one with the DMV was hilarious!

Turning into a big fan of this show, I must admit. I hope it gets a decent chance to win some fans over.

TvFreak7

[3]May 5, 2009
    • level: 26
    KillswitchEdge wrote:

I actually thought the first episode was pretty bad, to be honest. The timings were way off, there were noticable pauses between lines and punchlines, but I stuck with it as I'm a huge Bob Saget fan.

I'm so glad I did.

The episodes that followed the pilot have been progressively getting better and better, and the one with the DMV was hilarious!

Turning into a big fan of this show, I must admit. I hope it gets a decent chance to win some fans over.

i agree the pilot was AWFUL. but it has improved hugely. its good comedy especially for abc.

thekeico

[4]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    I've seen the real pilot, what is called Episode 5 (Burn etc.) and i must admit i liked it more than the first. When the lights go off and Steve disappears i lolled hard.

the_chalee

[5]Jul 11, 2009
    • level: 8
    I agree the show is very funny. Also, if you are talking about the daughter Courtney -- I also found her very, annoying. I normally try not to comment on 'kid actors' but this is not about her personally, but regarding the lines. She is saying things WAY beyond her age. I find that really, really annoying. Takes away some of my enjoyment of the show because every time it happens - I am stuck thinking -- what kid her age would say that????

askfloyd

[6]Jul 27, 2009
    • level: 3

the_chalee wrote:
    She is saying things WAY beyond her age. I find that really, really annoying. Takes away some of my enjoyment of the show because every time it happens - I am stuck thinking -- what kid her age would say that????

The very thing you find annoying is what makes it funny. If she said things according to her age then she would just be a normal child. If you want real life stuff then you don't need tv. You can just go to a public place and look at those people.

Edited on 07/27/2009 5:41am

the_chalee

[7]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 8

Wow been a while (back getting ready for new season)

I understand what you are saying, but I still want a kid to speak like a kid. We have enough 'grown kids' in the world already. This is from working at a Middle School for a few years. Of course, the job I have now I am more like a dean mother to grown people.