Survivor

Blood Is Thicker Than Anything

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Sep 18, 2013 on CBS

• The twenety seventh season begins with returning players facing off against a new type of opponent.

When are we going to get an edition of "Survivor" with a new group of people? As is the case with every edition of the show where you have new players against veterans, the veterans have the upper hand for the beginning and never relinquish it. I think it's safe to say that the winner will be a returning player. I just hope it's not that moron Colton. After seeing just one episode I know this season will be a huge disappointment and be very predictable. Who among us did not think Colton was not going to go back to his old ways in a heartbeat. His crying and his speeches saying how promises he will be a much nicer guy could not be any more fake if he tried. To be fair, there are some positive things to say about this episode. I liked the idea of having the retuning players spend the night with their loved ones at the beginning. It helped make Jeff Probst's revelation that they will be competing against their loved ones all the more surprising. That was clever I will admit. However this does not look to be a good season. However I will tune in next week and beyond. After all, I could be wrong.