A Survivor Community
Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBS
Since season 10. I've been waiting for a special survivor season taking a break from the beaches, like they did in Australia, and go somewhere completely different. IE. the antartic, or somewhere cooler, with snow. Something like that!! Has that ever been brought up before? What do you guys think of the idea?

9 Comments
Comments (9)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I think they could possibly pull this off in Iceland: they've got glaciers, but also hot springs so the cast can strip down on occasion.
Flag
I have been thinking about that since the first season.
simple answer why they don't.....and never will......cold weather isn't sexy and won't show any skin. Sex sells.
Flag
surely after 20 seasons they can afford to have one without skin. It would in my opinion, be far more interesting to watch. Especially the "outlast" part of survivor
Flag
I never thought of it but I think it is a great idea. I do think the logistics might be a bit difficult.

The ratings might suffer because we will not get to see the dudes and babes in beach wear or should I say as naked as they can be. I think the producers would be even more disappointed because now they get to see everything all those censor bits that we don't get to see.

Cold weather, difficult to film and nothing to see. I think most of the production team will vote for a NO !

I kept waiting for an international version though. They can pit an American team against the rest of the world. We can even have 3-4 tribes to represent each continent. They can chose countries where people speak English. I guess it will probably never happen.
Flag
There will never be an international version because the producers know good ole handy, conflict-averse Canada would win, and everyone else would find it boring.
Flag
Haha...I think the Swiss or Japanese might disagree with you. I think whether the producers will go for it depends totally on the advertisers. It is all about the ratings and $ sign.
Flag
I agree while a cold season would be cool they will never go far it, because of how much clothing everyone would have to wear, but LOVE the idea of an international version
Flag
Staff
Love the idea. Which country will survive...
Flag
Follow this Show
Members