Survivor

Crack In The Alliance

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Aug 02, 2000 on CBS

• Things start off very well for Gervase, but later things take a dramatic turn for the worse.

I like the way this episode is set up. It starts with the highest of highs for Gervase with the news of the birth of his fourth child. A small side note: one of those children, as you know, would later compete against him in "Survivor: Blood vs. Water". Then things seem to get better when Gervase wins the Reward Challenge. When Gervase thought just how could it get better, that's when things went downhill. Considering his chauvinistic comments earlier in the game and the fact that he was very proud of himself for being a lazy freeloader, I was happy to see him get called for jury duty. I also was turned off by Gervase's hypocrisy. Specifically when he called Richard cocky and arrogant. Look who's talking! I did like how Gervase and Colleen resigned themselves to their fate at Tribal Council. There "Target" and "Sitting Duck" illustrations on their shirts were funny and clever. The Tribal Council was for the most part by the numbers. Still, "Crack in the Alliance" is one of the better episodes of the inaugural season.
  • Gervase's Last Stand

Since Gervase gets eliminated in this episode, this episode seems to focus on him. For the only time he seems to be in trouble, Richard wins immunity and thwarts plans to get rid of him. People don't always appreciate the genius that he is. But Gervase gets news from outside the game. I'm not sure why this is the only time I know of (in 30 seasons as of this review) where any contestant still in the game receives news about the outside world. He's voted out after causing too much competition in the game. Having seen the season, it can be a bit hard to believe that it took this long before his elimination actually happened and it was for being too strong and not being a problem. But we'll see Gervase later on a future season.
  • Good pepisode.

This was a good episode with interesting developments such as the fallout from Sean's alphabet voting strateg y and the cracks in the Tagi alliance.

I loved how Gervase and Colleen called themselves 'Bullseye./Target' and 'Sitting Duck' respectively, complete with masking tape artwork! :P That was gold!

Would love to see Rich or Rudy go home. They are both vile, but in very different ways. Poor Colleen is just a sitting duck and I hope that somehow she isn't the next to go.

Great that Gervase was the one who won the phone call and congratulations on his baby!
  • In this episode Gervase learns that his bay was born. And Gervase also gets voted out.

The episode started with Sean realizing that Tagi had an alliance and decides not to vote alphabetically anymore. Later Gervase learns that his son was born. At the reward challenge, Gervase won a slice of pizza and a phone call home. He called his girlfriend to see how his baby is doing. At the immunity challenge,they had to light a fire that would burn through a rope and Rich won immunity. Before tribal council, Kelly contemplated voting what her heart told her and not what Rich and Sue told her to vote for. Rich got suspicious and talked to Kelly who said she was still with them. Eventually Kelly stayed loyal and voted Gervase off. This was an average episode because the outcome was too predictable.
  • Sean should had known better

5.7
    I think Sean should had known better than to send
    Jenna packing and that he was a real jerk and felt
    Very, very, bad over sending Jenna to the jury and
    To be honest, he should had felt bad as Jeff Probst
    Asked him back at camp about his strategy as he would
    Now plan to vote on his concious from here on out
    What concious do you not have Dr Sean I mean goodness sakes!!