Survivor

Don't Cry Over Spilled Octopus

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 12, 2006 on CBS

• Can mashed potatoes and gravy get you in trouble?

I really liked the idea of separating tribes by their ethnicity. I thought it would be a good game this way. After all the hype about it it was just "cloud talk". Soon all tribes were meshed into 2 tribes. Of course I have to keep watching because I'm into it already. Everyone in this season seems to be ok. With the exception of the black dude (whose name I can't remember!!!) I think his name is Nate. He irks me.

Stephanie obviously didn't learn to shut her mouth. Last week she made the statement that she was ready to go home and later after thinking it over, she decided she actually wanted to stay and told everyone she had a "weak moment". Everyone gave her the benefit of the doubt and voted off J.P. instead. Stephanie should have learned to watch what she says because after last week's comments, everyone was going to be listening to what she was saying. Her comments to Nate as they got water were innocent and I don't feel she meant anything along the lines that she was ready to go home to eat her mashed potatoes and gravy. She just made a comment after Nate asked her if she was cool with what everyone was doing (voting Cristina off). She said it could be either her or Cristina and that she could easily see herself going home and having mashed potatoes and gravy. I don't think she meant she was ready to go home rather, she was saying what she would have IF she was the one voted off. I didn't think she meant she wanted to go home until Nate went off and started telling everyone what she had said. I don't remember who was the girl who went to Stephanie and spoke to her about her comment but I think Stephanie may have been safe up to the point when they were at the council and Cristina apologized for being bossy because she hadn't realized she was doing that. I'd have to agree with her given that she is a police officer, she may have unknowingly been giving orders out of habit. I think everyone decided to vote off Stephanie because they accepted Cristina's reason and Stephanie was the next logical choice. Stephanie didn't seem to be doing anything anyway so I'd probably have voted her off as well.

So, it remains to be seen if the tribe made a wise choice by accepting Cristina's explanation that she didn't realize she was being bossy and voting off Stephanie instead of her.