Survivor

Family Values

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Oct 03, 2002 on CBS

6.9
  • Sexual harassment and dead weight

This episode was kinda disappointing. I thought the whole thing with Ted and Ghandia would blow over when Ted apologised but Ghandia couldn't let it go and made Ted the bad guy of the Tribe. I'm glad Jed is gone as he offered nothing and even lost them the fishing net which they worked hard for.

The reward challenge seemed like an easy win for Sook Jai but they really blew it. 3 players disqualified and I thought that Robb was pretty childish grabbing Clay by the throat. There was no need for that. The immunity challenge was decided from the start as the older tribe members of Sook Jai wouldn't help but I guess it was worth it as Jed's gone now. The red berets were cool and I think that really helped Chuay Gahn's morale.
  • Ok, some narcissistic alarm bells ringing here

Ghandia and Ted....just get rid of both of them. They both behaved immaturely, and they both tried to rewrite what had happened. Just get over it. Ghandia was so upset because she felt guilty!! And then she had the nerve to throw out some ridiculous martyr thingy.

Jed...good riddance. The young ones need to get rid of the dead weight. Hope Robb is next.

I've come to terms with the fact that this show mostly has narcissistic people in it. It seems that they are the only ones without conscience and can cope with the situation, and therefor can walk all over the others without a blink. Ah well, that's the name of the game.

So far, I'm liking this season better though than the abysmal season 4.
  • 3 reasons why this episode stunk

2.5
    (1) Sook Jai, a tribe of young punks, shamefully blows the Reward Challenge (and looks like horse\'s hind ends doing it) after all but having it won,
    (2) this same tribe of punks throws the Immunity Challenge to get rid of a prima donna pretty boy,
    (3) a fat you-know-what on the other tribe decides to pitch a sexual-harassment hissy fit AFTER the guy apologized and she supposedly accepted! And, it necessitated the two having to verbally spar in front of their tribe to \"clear the air.\"

A shameful performance all-around, indeed.
  • No wonder they were so many curse words

3.2
    How can people turn into little children you might ask
    It is sad that Ted & Ghandia almost lost their
    Spouses over this episode after this blowout when they apparently kissed and made up
    But obviously it got to Ghandia and she went out to make the bad guy out of Ted
    Ted then could and I don't think to this day can ever forgive her for doing that!
AFNATL