Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

And the winner of Survivor Samoa is..... (Major spoilers obviously)

GameWiz1000

[62]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 25
    I supported Russell throughout this entire season. He was the most entertaining and as a viewer of a television show, that's all that really mattered to me. However, if I was actually part of the jury and was screwed over by him, I probably wouldn't vote for him to get the million. He just seemed like a bad guy. I didn't believe him when he said he values integrity and loyalty in real life. He's a businessman. He probably screws people over all the time though I don't know him personally. ---

My vote probably would've gone to Mick. He was a nice guy, just like Natalie, but also a physically strong competitor. Another thing about Russell is that he didn't play that strong of a game. What he did was admirable (like I said, he was my favorite) but he had a ton of blunders along the way like revealing he was actually a millionaire. He made enemies along the way with his arrogance. It's tough but a great strategist would've looked ahead to the people that would make up the jury. For the most part, it's the likable people that win Survivor. I also thought he screwed up by not bringing Shambo along but that's just personal opinion. Mick should have made a much stronger argument against Russell for the jury. I think Erik made a stronger case against Russell than Mick or Natalie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PintheDog

[63]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 29
    Wow, I was totally set to read this thread till I saw the pissing and whining.

Did Russell have good strategy? Perhaps. Frankly, I think it's debatable and that he only got so far because everyone else was stupid. He got to the F3, sure, but he (and all of you, apparently) forgot that the strategic game is only half the battle. There's also the social game. And his was AWFUL. Natalie's was great. I had an inkling she'd take the whole thing when she touted her social game back in episode four.

Plus, Russell did NOT make the game-changing move that helped Foa Foa take control. Natalie did. She got in good with the Galu girls and was the one largely responsible for the Erik vote-off. That, and that alone, helped Galu implode on itself and the Foa Foas to rise to the top. Russell didn't do anything to ensure that. Natalie did.

In the end, playing to get to the end of the game can, in fact, get you there. But you have to remember to play to the JURY, as well. Russell, for all his fandom of the show, didn't remember that. Natalie did, and she made the right case to win.

Good grief, people. The jury's not gonna vote the way YOU want them to. They'll vote the way THEY want to. So suck it up, crybabies, and accept it. I, for one, am doing that, and am greatly enjoying it.

PintheDog

[64]Dec 22, 2009
    drig44 wrote:
    Money and title or not, I, and I'm sure a lot of others, will always consider Russel the winner of this season.

Go right ahead. He's not. And I'm enjoying reiterating that.

FunnyRoger

[65]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    PintheDog wrote:
    Wow, I was totally set to read this thread till I saw the pissing and whining.

Did Russell have good strategy? Perhaps. Frankly, I think it's debatable and that he only got so far because everyone else was stupid. He got to the F3, sure, but he (and all of you, apparently) forgot that the strategic game is only half the battle. There's also the social game. And his was AWFUL. Natalie's was great. I had an inkling she'd take the whole thing when she touted her social game back in episode four.

Plus, Russell did NOT make the game-changing move that helped Foa Foa take control. Natalie did. She got in good with the Galu girls and was the one largely responsible for the Erik vote-off. That, and that alone, helped Galu implode on itself and the Foa Foas to rise to the top. Russell didn't do anything to ensure that. Natalie did.

In the end, playing to get to the end of the game can, in fact, get you there. But you have to remember to play to the JURY, as well. Russell, for all his fandom of the show, didn't remember that. Natalie did, and she made the right case to win.

Good grief, people. The jury's not gonna vote the way YOU want them to. They'll vote the way THEY want to. So suck it up, crybabies, and accept it. I, for one, am doing that, and am greatly enjoying it.

Natalie didnt play jury at all, she sucked at final tribal council, and only reason why she get those votes because those were votes against Russel. Do you really think jury thought "oh Natalie played great game, she get rid of Erik ill vote for her" or "Hell i hate Russel, i think ill vote for Natalie just so he doesnt get money"?

martinfjord

[66]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 4
    Cyclone_112 wrote:

. Eric and Jaison talking about Survivor as if it's real life saying he's a cheater/liar that didn't come to work but instead play. Dumbest analogy I've ever heard. Russell WORKED harder than anyone there.

Thats so true dude. If its a real life company then:

- Eric: extremely egoist self-appointed "leader" that no1 really followes and tends to have views/give speeches that resemble a junkie talking non-sense on the street by himself (8 to 4 merge and no Galu in the Final3, well done Eric, great leadership, admiting that he was ready to vote Shambo for Sole Survivor, well done again Eric, great jurying, misusing even that tiny bit of power that you got)

- Jaison: the true moaner, not exactly the stfu and get the job done type, more the sit around and talk, talk about why the hardcore salesmen collegue is too "push-push-push" and how much better he is despite not selling **** (He was trusted with two of Russel's secret HII and the oil company wealth, he didnt keep any of those secrets, the true ambassador of fairness he is)

- Russel: sells, sells, sells, makes money, fair and square, doesnt affraid of geting his hands dirty but makes the company prosper. doesnt look for excuses and things to moan about, he makes the company what it is , Jaison. He puts money in your pocket, Jaison.

Brodoin15

[67]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 20

PintheDog wrote:
    Wow, I was totally set to read this thread till I saw the pissing and whining. Did Russell have good strategy? Perhaps. Frankly, I think it's debatable and that he only got so far because everyone else was stupid. He got to the F3, sure, but he (and all of you, apparently) forgot that the strategic game is only half the battle. There's also the social game. And his was AWFUL. Natalie's was great. I had an inkling she'd take the whole thing when she touted her social game back in episode four. Plus, Russell did NOT make the game-changing move that helped Foa Foa take control. Natalie did. She got in good with the Galu girls and was the one largely responsible for the Erik vote-off. That, and that alone, helped Galu implode on itself and the Foa Foas to rise to the top. Russell didn't do anything to ensure that. Natalie did. In the end, playing to get to the end of the game can, in fact, get you there. But you have to remember to play to the JURY, as well. Russell, for all his fandom of the show, didn't remember that. Natalie did, and she made the right case to win. Good grief, people. The jury's not gonna vote the way YOU want them to. They'll vote the way THEY want to. So suck it up, crybabies, and accept it. I, for one, am doing that, and am greatly enjoying it.

Well, I think most, myself included, are upset because not only did Russell lose, but a much lesser deserving person won. There are several other people who deserved it more than Natalie. I, personally, don't hate her for winning, but others did deserve it more.

They voted for Natalie because they liked her more, no more. She didn't win because of her gameplay, she didn't win because she kicked butt, she won because people were mad at Russell. Had she kicked butt in the game as much as Russell did, I wouldn't be as upset, but she didn't.

All Natalie did was get Erik out, Russell got pretty much everyone else out. Yes, Natalie made a great move, but Russell got a lot more people out. Not singlehandedly, of course, but he was the brains behind it many-a-time. Should he have been nicer? Yes, he should've, but he played the game. Was Russell a liar? Yes, but that's apart of the game.

silvioStrippers

[68]Dec 24, 2009

dragonfly_pat wrote:
    Hey silvioStrippers, A big part of outwit is to get the jury to vote for you. Russ bragged to the jury about being a snake. He should have kept his mouth shut. That would have been "outwit." Honor and trustworthiness are obviously part of the game because Russell LOST. Also, of course Jaisson was bitter at being voted off. How many times had Russell told him that Mick would go? Jaisson trusted Russ. Both Eric and Jaisson being part of the jury and living together with the rest of the jury ahead of the vote made a huge difference with how the jury voted. I would rather have had Bret, Laura, or Monica win than any of the final three. And my icon is not Maude. My icon is Dorothy from The Golden Girls. My name in this forum is "dragonfly_pat."

Again Maude, Russell simply deserved it more than anyone on the show or in the finals! It was a stupid bitter jury that didnt understand how to play the game that took him down! Even Jeff Probst thought so. Ya gotts respect his opinion becaause he see's EVERYTHING that is not on the actual show. We get to see bits and pieces of what actually goes on. I'll go with Jeff's opinions. You are just anti Russell! And very close minded.

silvioStrippers

[69]Dec 24, 2009
    Cyclone_112 wrote:

It really is quite disgusting honestly. Russell got screwed by emotional, bitter crybabies on the jury. Eric and Jaison talking about Survivor as if it's real life saying he's a cheater/liar that didn't come to work but instead play. Dumbest analogy I've ever heard. Russell WORKED harder than anyone there. Russell did not lie/cheat/steal because those are all part of the game. He wasn't asked by his boss to write up a report where he then plagiarized it off the internet, every single thing Russell did was a legit move and part of the game. How the hell do those idiots not understand that. It's amazing how Jaison is thought of as intelligent but he couldn't do a single mental or physical challenge and then made the dumbest decision with his jury vote.

You really hit the nail on the head, Cyclone. You are 100% correct!

FunnyRoger

[71]Dec 26, 2009
    PintheDog wrote:
    silvioStrippers wrote:

dragonfly_pat wrote:
    Hey silvioStrippers, A big part of outwit is to get the jury to vote for you. Russ bragged to the jury about being a snake. He should have kept his mouth shut. That would have been "outwit." Honor and trustworthiness are obviously part of the game because Russell LOST. Also, of course Jaisson was bitter at being voted off. How many times had Russell told him that Mick would go? Jaisson trusted Russ. Both Eric and Jaisson being part of the jury and living together with the rest of the jury ahead of the vote made a huge difference with how the jury voted. I would rather have had Bret, Laura, or Monica win than any of the final three. And my icon is not Maude. My icon is Dorothy from The Golden Girls. My name in this forum is "dragonfly_pat."

Again Maude, Russell simply deserved it more than anyone on the show or in the finals! It was a stupid bitter jury that didnt understand how to play the game that took him down! Even Jeff Probst thought so. Ya gotts respect his opinion becaause he see's EVERYTHING that is not on the actual show. We get to see bits and pieces of what actually goes on. I'll go with Jeff's opinions. You are just anti Russell! And very close minded.

No, she's just someone who understands the game of Survivor MUCH better than you whiners. Social counts as much as strategic, whether you wanna accept that or not. If there's any real crybabies, it's YOU and your Russell-worshipping cronies.

No go cry in a corner and leave the adults to post.

Just curious, in which country do you live (if its some tribe please say so)? Cause im interested where 13 year olds are considered adults.

PintheDog

[72]Dec 26, 2009
    I'm in the U.S. and am twenty-five, thank you.

drig44

[73]Dec 29, 2009
    • level: 4
    FunnyRoger wrote:
    PintheDog wrote:
    silvioStrippers wrote:

dragonfly_pat wrote:

No, she's just someone who understands the game of Survivor MUCH better than you whiners. Social counts as much as strategic, whether you wanna accept that or not. If there's any real crybabies, it's YOU and your Russell-worshipping cronies.

No go cry in a corner and leave the adults to post.

Just curious, in which country do you live (if its some tribe please say so)? Cause im interested where 13 year olds are considered adults.

I'm a Russel supporter, but all I heard there is "I'm wrong so I'm going to try and play the age card". All it tells people is you don't have any better arguments.

alanklumper

[75]Aug 14, 2012
    • level: 1

You guys remember Mike Borassi, the guy that evacuated from the island because he was too unfit to continue? Well, he's got a blog going on now where he's writing about how he is losing weight. It's actually pretty interesting.

http://www.weightloss.org/mikeb/mike-week-1-adjusting-to-paleo-diet/