Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Final 2 thoughts and how Woo should've handled it

mcepin3

[1]May 27, 2014
    • level: 17

After rewatching 2h finale,I can't believe,how badly Woo played it. Of course people would response "shouldn't brought Tony to finals",but if Woo actually TALKED or make an argument,I could see him potentially winning or at the very worst maybe getting 4 votes and not just 1.

Since final 2 was with Tony,I'm gonna make scenario based on that:

His 1st mistake was at final 3 tribal. He should have played strategical. He should have already started working on jury and show flaws of Kass and Tony. Instead of his "let's just get to vote please(because I am so unsure)", he should've pit Kass against Tony,so when he'd vote her out,he could potentially get her vote. Another thing,after he won immunity,he should've let his personality shine more. Quiet game with following others,while making few moves is good,but you can't be that at the end also. He should've said something like "ok,I heard both your arguments. Here's what my decision will be..."

On final 2 night,he should've had hell of a opening statement. Something like "I know people wonder,why I brought Tony over Kass and here's why. I am taekwondo instructor and it doesn't matter where I am,I abide by those codes. It doesn't matter if it's Survivor for million dollars or a unimportant match,if I betray those codes and my beliefs..who am I then? I am hypocrite. Will this cost me my game? Ok,I can live with it. Another thing is Kass. She made similiar moves as Tony,only she didn't swear on loved ones..dead or alive. Why didn't I brought her then? Because we can all see,how jury is bitter towards her and I don't want win by default.

Ok I already see this becoming long post and I didn't even finished Woo's opening speech or get to jury...gonna make it short and say,who's votes Woo might get. I could see him getting vote from Sarah,Jeremiah,Tasha,Trish. I think Spence,Morgan would vote for Tony no matter what. LJ and Kass are wild cards,while Jefra would probably just ask LJ(because she is so used to follow him and hide behind him),who's he voting for and vote same way(she had to hear 3 times Tony say he owns his game...!?!?).

I am really shocked,how some finalists poorly handle finals. It's like they don't want to win.

Also over Spence...that plea should not be aloved. Of course everyone loved him and listened to him,because he was underdog. But what was his game? I'd say it was close to zero. His only gameplay was to still stay in game. As much as he wants to take credit for big moves,he was more or less just a vote. Tony said it best "you see lion chasing gazelle,you start cheering for gazelle to get away" and that was Spence became.

Edited on 05/27/2014 5:17am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[2]May 27, 2014
    • level: 18
    Why would a strong independent woman like Jefra listen to someone with shit for brains like LJ when deciding her vote?

At least you're right about Spencer, glad they chose to give him the big Hollywood speech at the end, in order to make him the pretentious hero who made sure Tony won over the horrible floater Woo who played a quiet and humble game that got himself to the end without overplaying like a paranoid jackass. The only way to play Survivor is how Tony plays...

Step 1: Have an aggressive personality to make sure you dominate screentime and get every title quote.

Step 2: Find 3 idols, 1 of which you give to the guy you vote out at one of the next ceremonies, 2 of which you use to intimidate everyone around you from voting for you. Even though they all want you at the end with them as a goat anyways....

Step 3: Backstab every single ally you have in order to look as flashy as possible and nearly screw your whole game up by letting a member of the opposing alliance make it to final tribal.

Step 4: Have guy that actually has the physical talent to win an immunity challenge drag you to the finals only because Kass is so universally disliked that he wouldn't feel honorable sitting next to her at the end.

Step 5: Fail to give an eloquent Jury speech

Step 6: ????

Step 7: Profit

joepetrizzo7

[3]May 27, 2014
    • level: 10
    Woo was definitely intimidated by the other jurors' questions. Someone else mentioned somewhere that since Woo did the honorable thing in bring Tony, he couldn't fathom how he could be wrong. I agree with that and once the jurors questioned him, he crumbled. I think Kass said that being loyal may be integrity to you, but the integrity of the game relies on making sure the best person wins.

skbrettbug

[4]May 27, 2014
    • level: 19

Woo really didn't have a leg to stand on after being toasted by the jury.

The snake should eat the rat.

mcepin3

[5]May 28, 2014
    • level: 17

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    Woo was definitely intimidated by the other jurors' questions. Someone else mentioned somewhere that since Woo did the honorable thing in bring Tony, he couldn't fathom how he could be wrong. I agree with that and once the jurors questioned him, he crumbled. I think Kass said that being loyal may be integrity to you, but the integrity of the game relies on making sure the best person wins.

Just from this season alone,I'd say people/players underestimate importance of puzzles(Tony sucking at them and having no control of his fate) and final speech. Thinking back I can't really say Woo made any good argument on jury questions. When he told Sarah,if she didn't play any idols..it's not like Tony played any idol successfully...like he got most votes,played idol and it saved him or to play it for "teammate/ally"...Tony got idols and used it's powers to threaten people. Jeremiah asked him,if he wants to be a millionare(he made good comment on Tony,but question towards Woo was just weird) and he says yes...really? Pretty much everyone in Survivor would answer yes. And if those 2 "answers" weren't bad enough,he just got destroyed by Kass and Spence.