Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Rank the survivor seasons

doppelganger47

[1]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 2
    Rank the survivor seasons (from what you've seen):

1. Cook Islands (great season overall; mutiny; aitu 4 underdogs make it to the end; ozzy dominance of challenges; and my fav Yul won).

2. Palau (Koror didn't seem to be the team with the brawns, yet they won everything led by Tom and Ian. i enjoyed the complete takeover of Ulong. only disappointment is Ian didn't win).

3. Amazon (Jenna comeback to win against all odds by immunities; Rob C was also a great strategist until the last challenge).

4. Panama (Terry getting so close. For once, big strong guys like Nick and Austin weren't the arrogant type; Aras was a decent winner).

5. Australia (Michael gets burnt, leading to the complete downfall of Kucha; i still think he would've won if he didn't get burnt; which might've been karma for slaughtering that pig).

6. Allstars (interesting to see survivor greats against each other - though 2 not so greats ended up in the top 2, while all the greats get picked off early).

7. Guatemala (Bobby Jon and Steph get second chance; Steph realising her full potential while Bobby Jon was only ever brawns, not brains).

8. Africa (Ethan was likeable; season was pretty even; don't remember much though apart from elephant faeces infected water/buffalos/lion watch).

9. Pearl Islands (only good thing about this season was Rupert; my favourites RyanO and Andrew didn't get far; hated the final 2 of Lil (outcast) and Sandra).

10. Thailand (boring; Brian won and no one liked him nor Clay; completely forgettable cast).

11. Vanuatu (Chris won; most forgettable season as girls unite to rid of all the strong guys (except Chris)).

Didn't see Borneo (hadn't heard of Survivor yet) or Marquesas (not aired in Aust).
    Edited on 12/19/2006 10:16pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ammizny

[2]Dec 19, 2006
    • level: 12

13. Thailand - Mostly unlikable cast, a lot of hatable players.  Brian was a great winner, but this goes down as the worst ever.

12. Marquesas - An average winner and a forgettable cast.  Not many great players, and I hated the Purple Rock at f4 (though it did add some drama).

11. Vanuatu - Like Thailand, a boring cast, but a great winner.  It was good to see Chris break the all-woman alliance.  Had he not done so, this could've arguably been the worst season of them all.

10. Africa - One of the better casts Survivor has seen, and a good winner.  However, nothing set this season apart as "great."  It was, however, nice to see a change of scenery from the beaches Survivor fans are used to seeing.

9. Amazon - Another slightly above average season.  Jenna wasn't a great winner, and Matt probably shouldn't have made it as far as he did.  Rob C. definitely made this season pretty good, though.

8. Borneo - Great winner in Rich.  The Pagonging made this season somewhat boring, but for a first season, it was pretty good.  The cast was overall pretty good and likeable.

7. Guatemala - This season could have been a lot better because of the boot order.  Great players like Bobby Jon, Judd, and Jamie were picked off and we had to continue to endure Cindy and Lydia.  Danni was a decent winner, and I liked Steph's role as a villian.  It was good to see the former castaways return, too, and they weren't immediately picked off.

6. Exile Island - One of the better casts Survivor has seen.  Unfortunately, it was mostly predicatable that La Mina would continue to get eliminated, and Aras/Cirie/Danielle would stick together as far as they could.  The idol not being used was a real downer for me, but the Exile Island twist did work out pretty well for the first time.

5. Pearl Islands - The Outcast twist really hurt this season.  I couldn't bare to see people return to the game.  It hurt players like Andrew, Ryan O., and Rupert, who most likely would have made it farther.  This is easily one of the worst final two's.  I hated Lil, and Sandra let everyone else do all the backstabbing.  This season had a lot of drama, and some of the votes were definitely unpredictable.

4. Cook Islands - This season did not disappoint.  The racial division worked out well.  There were some great twist like the mutiny and the two versions of double TCs.  However, the finale was a let-down.  I would've loved to have seen the Idol be used (see Exile Island).  The final 4 tie-breaker was just embarassing.  Becky was entirely ignored at the final vote (and rightfully so).  I was glad Yul won because I think he deserved it slightly more than Ozzy.  Overall, a satisfying end to a great season.  Also, I loved the cast.  We had characters like Cao Boi and Jonathan.  We had floaters (Sundra and Becky).  We had two dominators, yet one physcially (Ozzy), and one socially (Yul).  Overall, fantastic season.

3. Palau - Like so many other seasons, deserving people were voted out pre-merge (like the best of Ulong).  Instead of them making the jury, we had Caryn and Jenn in the final five.  Tom was a great winner, but Ian letting Tom vote him out really left this season on a sour note for me.

2. All-Stars - Easily the worst case of the bad boot order.  Like John said, all the good players (4 former winners, Colby, Rudy, Rob C...) were out pre-merge, and Shii Ann and Jenna L. made it far.  This season had a lot of memorable moments, and Rob/Amber truly played a good game.  This season never lacked drama.  Every time Rich did a confessional, I cracked up.  He was halarious.  Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to the hype for me.

1. Outback - This is my favorite season, and in my opinion also the best.  There were a lot of likeable people.  All the people who deserved to make it far did.  Also, it was interesting to see the castaways truly battle the elements (such as flooding) for the first time.  It also made the season more interesting that Ogakor voted out Jerri and Amber before Rodger and Elisabeth after the merge.  However, Colby definitely deserved to win.  Outback truly cemented Survivor as a great show.

Edited on 12/19/2006 10:02pm

GinaLea00

[3]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 6
    1) Pearl Islands
    2) Australian Outback
    3) Palau
    4) Guatemala
    5) Cook Islands
    6) Exile Island
    7) Amazon
    Marquesas
    9) Borneo
    10) All Stars
    11) Africa
    12) Vanuatu
    13) Thailand

c0mm0nsense

[4]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 10

1. All-Stars
    2. Australia
    3. Cook Islands
    4. Palau
    5. Borneo
    6. Pearl Islands
    7. Amazon
    8. Marquesas
    9. Africa
    10. Panama
    11. Thailand
    12. Vanuatu
    13. Guatemala - I didn't watch that season 

kurby123

[5]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 19
    1. Pearl Islands: Loved the pirate theme, strong characters in Rupert and Jonny Fairplay, didn't really like Outcasts or final 2 but didn't hurt it enough to make it the best.

2. Australian Outback: Nice location, deserving final 3, conquered Mother Nature to get back rice.

3. Guatemala: Again, nice location, liked the idol twist and Gary coming out with it, Danni was deserving.

4. Cook Islands: Really good season, overpassed the race thing, Parvati was hot, Yul and Ozzy deserving final 2 (I'm not including Becky)

5. Borneo: First season was great, Rich good winner.

6. Africa: Likable cast, nice change of location, Ethan good winner.

7. All-Stars: Hate to admit it, but this was a good season. So much backstabbing and strategy it was racking my brain. Only thing bad was Rob/Amber. I hate them.

8. Exile Island: A bit predictable, liked the idol twist, deserving winner, but for a twisty season, it was a little bland.

9. Vanuatu: Actually enjoyed this season despite it's unlikable cast, Chris was a really deserving winner.

10. Palau: Too predictable.

11. Amazon: Okay season, Jenna was an okay winner, but this season was just okay.

12. Marquesas: Boring season, okay winner, the only thing I really liked about this season was Rob M. being voted out before jury.

13. Thailand: Unlikable cast, although Brian was a deserving winner.

JPPT1974

[6]Dec 21, 2006
    • level: 50

1. Borneo: What can you say the original despite unlikable cast

2. Australian Outback: More likable cast plus sexier and Michael's hands being burned Ouch!

3. Africa: Boring yet pretty likable cast

4. Marquesas: Good and bad cast and lovely locations despite what Jeff Probst said about hating it

5. Thailand: Hateful and unlikable cast

6. Amazon: Love the boys vs girls thing despite not liking Jenna the winner

7. Pearl Islands: Best of all the seasons as you have protagonist in Rupert and Antagonist in Jonny Fairplay as nobody liked Outcast though

8. All-Stars: Loved this as a personal favorite despite not like the final two in Romber

9. Vanautu: Unlikable cast and just really hateful right up there with Thailand

10. Palau: Had a likable cast, as Stephenie is my all-time favorite as I liked Tom too

11. Guatemala: Great cast and more harder challenges despite Stepehenie's mood, still my fave

12. Panama Exile Island: Introducing the EI part

13. Cook Island: Controversy with the races but still liked it despite slow beginning

Phroday

[7]Jan 10, 2007
    • level: 11
    13 - Marquesas - Alot of people haven't seen this season. They are the lucky ones. This game ran almost backwards. The best players and strategists were voted out early. The final five consisted of 4 jesus freaks and one woman who even after the game had finished had no clue how to play. There was a player in the final four who left because he drew a colored stone from a bag for a tie breaker. To top it off, the Reunion was hosted by Rosie O'Donnel.

12 - Thailand - While this season was kind of a bore, I did enjoy it. This was a very strategic season. It had a big rarity in the seasons though... the Winner of the final immunity actually took the guy everyone hates to the final two. Everyone always wants to go with a buddy... then loses. Brian was a very good player and a brilliant strategist.

11 - Guatemala - This one was actually called "The Bobby Jon and Steph Show" in my TV Guide. Good drama and some great players. However, it moved with the excitement of a drugged snail. Got really sick of Steph by the end there.

10 - Vanuatu - A great battle of the sexes war. With the lone male squeezing by with more backstabbing and sore feelings than anyone has ever won with. The second half of this season rocked.

9 - Borneo - While it birthed it all, it lacked a grouping of great players. You really only had two. Richard who figured out the whole "Lets work together" thing and convinced a few others to join him. And Kelly with her challenge skills. Everyone else was naive and trying to play pure.

8 - Africa - Some great players in Lex, Tom and Ethan. A great landscape for this game with the creatures and difficult survival. Not much that stands out, just a plain good season.

7 - Palau - It was very fun to see a tribe not win a single immunity. This had a nice friendly competition aspect to it between Tom and Ian. Moreover, this was a record setting season. I remember; Most Survivors (20); Most Immunity wins for a Tribe (uh, all); Longest Challenge (like 18 hours or more) and some others.

6 - Austrailia - This was the first season I had seen. I think Colby shouldve won... but whatever. Great characters and conflicts. You got to see em suffer too! They actually had to trade their shelter for some more rice cause theirs got washed away. And someone fell in a fire! Too bad it wasnt Jerri.

5 - Exile Island - The epic battle between Aras and Terry was awesome. Shane was a riot. And Danielle was hot but kinda stupid. This was a great season that showcased a wonderful dysfunctional family of a tribe. The new Exile Island was an awesome addition to the game.

4 - Cook Islands - Two of the best players in different aspects. Ozzy was a physical force to be reckoned with. Yul had the game figured out and wasnt affraid to use his idol to change the game, unlike Terry. There were mutinies and a great click of underdogs. I liked the three person final vote because it allowed the two best players to face one another.

3 - All-Stars - The best of the best. While Probst hated doing the season, as a fan, it was amazing. So much drama and tension. These were people with previous relationships and experience with the game. Vendettas. A whirlwind of action that truely satisfied.

2 - Amazon - Battle of the Sexes! Hotties in bikinis getting nude for chocolate and washing each other gently. A deaf chick. And the strategic power of one Rob Cesternino. Backstabbing and reconciliation. Simply a great season that keeps you guessing.

1 - Pearl Islands - Ok, my only problem with this season was the Cast Aways. Once voted out, you dont get to play anymore. With that said, this game hosts my two favorite Survivors; Rupert and Johnny Fairplay. Rupert is earnest, honest, loyal and a provider... really the kind of guy youd want with you. And Fairplay. The sneakiest, most devious and coniving player ever. He will backstab you and then youll help him out the next vote. He made this season a blast.

All in all, the show needs the evil characters.  And what the show really needs is a change of location.  Im starting to get really sick of the Tropical Paridises.  Bring on Siberia or some Forest area.
    Edited on 01/10/2007 12:16am

jmarkog

[8]Jan 10, 2007
    1.Cook Isls
    2.All-Stars
    3.Amazon
    4.Pearl Isls
    5.Africa
    6.Palau
    7.Guatenala
    8.Marquessas
    9.Australia
    10.Vanuatu
    11.Borneo
    12.Panama(Exile Isl)
    13.Thailand

Clem4077

[9]Jan 16, 2007
    • level: 7

1. Pearl Islands: Top favorite. We were introduced to Rupert! Woo-hoo!! We had him as a good guy and two opposite villains: Jon Fairplay (the in-your-face villain) and Andrew (the passive-aggressive one). Had my favorite theme - pirates - of all the seasons.
    2. Palau: The most beautiful location. One of the best rewards given (the shelter building). I think every winner is deserving in their own way, but some rise above the others and one is Tom. It also had Ian who was so precious and Bobby Jon who was so pretty.
    3. Africa: Ethan was hot. Frank was cool. Tom was funny. Lex was crazy, though kinda cool (except for his turning on Kelly).  And the animals were awesome.
    4. Thailand: Loved this season. Brian was a great winner. Jeff compared him to Richard Hatch (as to why he wasn't included in the All-Stars). Jan picked an older team while Jake chose younger folks and they thought they'd take it all over the older ones but thankfully it didn't go that way.
    5. Borneo: The Original. The reign of King Richard. He was so good. Greg and Colleen were so cute. And Sue was cool until the "Snake and Rat" speech. It looked like she went to hug Kelly when it was over but Kelly brushed her aside, tee-hee. What was Sue expecting?
     6. Cook Islands: Two great players in Ozzy and especially Yul. Like Tom in Palau, Yul rose above other season winners as most deserving. Ozzy was good, too, especially with swimming, but I didn't like what he along with JP did to Billy.
    7. Guatemala: Pretty cool season. It had Bobby Jon and Gary Hogeboom (I remember watching him play for the Cowboys). Gary calling Judd out about the hidden idol was priceless. Though for some reason, Jeff seemed a bit of animosity towards Lydia.
    8. Australian Outback: Hmm.. this season intro'd Colby. He had the best luxury item ever (the huge Texas flag) but I didn't think it was fair for Jeff to take that, it was a personal item. And the Kucha tribe had the cool 'Kucha jacuzzi.'
    9. Vanuatu: Great opening. Chris was another great winner, kudos to him surviving after the first immunity challenge and through the remaining women. And Jeff got himself a girlfriend but he couldn't separate his relationship from the reunion.
    10. Panama (Exile Island): Couldn't understand the tribe division if it was to change by the second episode. Nice concept, though. Had a great player in Cirie, as she wasn't much on the physical challenges, her social skills ruled.
    11. Marquesas: Another idyllic location. I thought it was cool seeing the most unlikely two in the finals here with Vecepia and Neleh. Girl power! Then Rosie O'Donnell trashed the reunion.
    12. All-Stars: It was interesting seeing folks from the past seasons (Richard & Ethan) and newer seasons (Rupert). But not ready to see another all-star for quite a while.
    13. Amazon: Welcome to "The Rob Cesternino Show"! Listen to Rob discuss Heidi, his voting strategy, more Heidi, his magic eightball, even more Heidi, a little more voting, and guess, more of Heidi! Wake me when it's over. And Jenna won. Ick. Interestingly she was more tolerable in the All-Star season. Least favorite.

a1000ninjas

[10]Jan 16, 2007
    ammizny wrote:

13. Thailand - Mostly unlikable cast, a lot of hatable players.  Brian was a great winner, but this goes down as the worst ever.

12. Marquesas - An average winner and a forgettable cast.  Not many great players, and I hated the Purple Rock at f4 (though it did add some drama).

11. Vanuatu - Like Thailand, a boring cast, but a great winner.  It was good to see Chris break the all-woman alliance.  Had he not done so, this could've arguably been the worst season of them all.

10. Africa - One of the better casts Survivor has seen, and a good winner.  However, nothing set this season apart as "great."  It was, however, nice to see a change of scenery from the beaches Survivor fans are used to seeing.

9. Amazon - Another slightly above average season.  Jenna wasn't a great winner, and Matt probably shouldn't have made it as far as he did.  Rob C. definitely made this season pretty good, though.

8. Borneo - Great winner in Rich.  The Pagonging made this season somewhat boring, but for a first season, it was pretty good.  The cast was overall pretty good and likeable.

7. Guatemala - This season could have been a lot better because of the boot order.  Great players like Bobby Jon, Judd, and Jamie were picked off and we had to continue to endure Cindy and Lydia.  Danni was a decent winner, and I liked Steph's role as a villian.  It was good to see the former castaways return, too, and they weren't immediately picked off.

6. Exile Island - One of the better casts Survivor has seen.  Unfortunately, it was mostly predicatable that La Mina would continue to get eliminated, and Aras/Cirie/Danielle would stick together as far as they could.  The idol not being used was a real downer for me, but the Exile Island twist did work out pretty well for the first time.

5. Pearl Islands - The Outcast twist really hurt this season.  I couldn't bare to see people return to the game.  It hurt players like Andrew, Ryan O., and Rupert, who most likely would have made it farther.  This is easily one of the worst final two's.  I hated Lil, and Sandra let everyone else do all the backstabbing.  This season had a lot of drama, and some of the votes were definitely unpredictable.

- This season did not disappoint.  The racial division worked out well.  There were some great twist like the mutiny and the two versions of double TCs.  However, the finale was a let-down.  I would've loved to have seen the Idol be used (see Exile Island).  The final 4 tie-breaker was just embarassing.  Becky was entirely ignored at the final vote (and rightfully so).  I was glad Yul won because I think he deserved it slightly more than Ozzy.  Overall, a satisfying end to a great season.  Also, I loved the cast.  We had characters like Cao Boi and Jonathan.  We had floaters (Sundra and Becky).  We had two dominators, yet one physcially (Ozzy), and one socially (Yul).  Overall, fantastic season.

[b]3. Palau - Like so many other seasons, deserving people were voted out pre-merge (like the best of Ulong).  Instead of them making the jury, we had Caryn and Jenn in the final five.  Tom was a great winner, but Ian letting Tom vote him out really left this season on a sour note for me.

2. All-Stars - Easily the worst case of the bad boot order.  Like John said, all the good players (4 former winners, Colby, Rudy, Rob C...) were out pre-merge, and Shii Ann and Jenna L. made it far.  This season had a lot of memorable moments, and Rob/Amber truly played a good game.  This season never lacked drama.  Every time Rich did a confessional, I cracked up.  He was halarious.  Unfortunately, it didn't quite live up to the hype for me.

1. Outback - This is my favorite season, and in my opinion also the best.  There were a lot of likeable people.  All the people who deserved to make it far did.  Also, it was interesting to see the castaways truly battle the elements (such as flooding) for the first time.  It also made the season more interesting that Ogakor voted out Jerri and Amber before Rodger and Elisabeth after the merge.  However, Colby definitely deserved to win.  Outback truly cemented Survivor as a great show.

This about the same way mine would have gone except Borneo would be number 1. I is what got everybody hooked.

listen2ledzepp

[11]Jan 20, 2007
    • level: 5

1. Cook Islands - The whole mutiny thing made this the best season in my opinion. Only bad thing is that they changed it to final 3 instead of 2, i believe ozzy would have won it all if it was final 2 since he would have taken becky with him and not yul.

2. Palau - Koror winning every single challenge even though they didn't have the "strong" team was freaking awesome.

3. Pearl Islands - Aweful final 2 but johnny fairplay made it one of the best seasons (hated rupert tho).

4. Guatemala - Go bobby jon! Man after watching this season i don't like steph anymore, she was such a b*tch talking crap about bobby jon to her tribe.

5. Australian Outback - Stupid kimmi ruined it for her team. Michael should have won this.

6. All-Stars - Great season, bad final 2.

7. Africa - Really good cast, exept for silas (is that his name?) and that other blonde chik that just wouldn't shut up, and Ethan was a great winner.

8. Amazon - Ok winner and the great Rob C made this a good season.

9. Exile Island - Good cast, not such a great winner. Terry should have won it all but oh well, at least EI was introduced this season.

10. Vanuatu - Great, great, great winner. How he managed to win it I'll never know.

11. Borneo - Rich was a great winner (dare i say one of the best winners), though i didn't really like the whole pagonging thing, it made it really boring.

12. Marquesas - Bad winner for a bad season.

13. Thailand - Worst cast ever, deserving winner although not many people like him

Jman2477

[12]Jun 9, 2008
    • level: 6

16.Thailand - Not that great of a season overall, was really disappointed. The mutiny was a good idea, but not used. This season litterally almost made me stop watching Survivor

15. Marquesas - Not very exciting either, my favorite from this season didn't even make the merge (Boston Rob), and above all else Vecepia won. Did not like her at all.

14. Vanuatu - I was so sick of Eliza by episode 8 I quit watching. The most annoying Survivor EVER! This was the only season I didn't watch all the way through the first time. I've watched the rest since, and it was decent, the only reason it wasn't last on my list.

13.Fiji - I loved Earl and Yau Man, but this season just wasn't very memorable. Sure it was the first and only shutout, but it's the only season where I can't even remember the name of the third person in the final three. Dreamz, Earl, and someone else... All around boring season.

12. Guatemala - While I loved Bobby Jon and Stephanie coming back, the season to me, was just a setup for the next few seasons. You know what I mean? It was like the Pirates of the Carribean 2 of Survivor seasons. It was just there to test the waters of a Hidden Immunity Idol, and setup the seasons to follow.

11. Pearl Islands - Would've made the top ten if Lilian and Sandra weren't in the final 2. Both were undeserving, especially Lilian, who was an outcast. In my opinion Rupert and Fairplay should've been the final 2. By far the only memorable contestants for the season, and like it or not, Fairplay was an amazing player.

10.China - This season was good. It wasn't great though. It was like the misfits brigade. The final 4 consisted of a lunch-lady, a beauty queen, an anorexic chick, and a gay guy. I loved James and Amanda though! Definitely one of the better seasons, but not the best.

9. Amazon - Very very good season. Jenna and Rob were my favorites, and It was great to see Jenna strip down. It was probably the most memorable moment in Survivor history, along with the Grandma hoax, and the numerous bids at the Dumbest Survivor Ever crown in Micronesia. Rob was a great strategist...until the end. But I was glad that Jenna won.

8.Panama - Shane. The reason I watched the show. He was seriously insane! But I loved him. Also Terry was a great competitor, and of course Exile Island made its debut on this season. Quite memorable, but I was pissed Danielle took Aras instead of Terry who deserved the million was more than either of them.

7. Australia - All around good season. Colby was my favorite, and I think he made one of the dumbest moves ever in taking Tina to the final 2. Had he taken Keith instead, well, Colby would be $900,000 richer, and not on the list of the Dumbest Survivors Ever.

6.Palau - The idea of the producers abandoning the contestants with absolutely nothing turned me back on to Survivor, and this season caused me to resume my Survivor viewing after I quit after the disappointment of Vanuatu. How does one team dominate so severely over the other? I thought Koror was outmatched from the start, but they proved otherwise, as they dominated over Ulong. I loved Tom and Ian, and was glad to see Ian give his spot on the final 2 to redeem himself. It wasn't about the money to him at that point, it was about his honor.

5. Borneo - This took a long time, but I finally decided that the original just wasn't the best in this situation. While Richard, Rudy, and Kelly were all memorable, I just don't think the original season was the best. I was utterly disappointed when Richard won, and I really wanted Kelly to win so she could, in the words of Gervase, rub the million bucks in Richards face.

4.All Stars - Tough tough decision. I didn't think it would be this hard to choose, but All Stars winds up at #4. Obviously you know you're going to have a good season when you gather 18 of the best Survivors in the first 7 seasons, and that was just what happened. I was ecstatic when Boston Rob came back, and I cheered him on all the way to the final 2. I wanted him to win, but when he proposed to Amber, I figured he kinda won the money either way. Numerous others were there as well including Rupert, Jenna M, Rudy, Rob C, Colby, Ethan, Lex, Tom, and Boston Rob. All in all, a flat out amazing season. And also the one that kept me watching after Thailand and Marquesas.

3. Cook Islands - When I sat down to write this list, I had in my mind Cook Islands as my #1 all the way. And believe me, I am shocked it landed all the way at #3. Four of my favorite Survivors ever in Ozzy, Yul, Jonathan Penner, and Parvati were in this season, and I thought for the longest time it was my favorite, or at least #2. But after reviewing the season on iTunes, I realized that the final 3 originated in this season. I absolutely despised the final 3 idea while it lasted, and I knew this was no exception. In the end Ozzy winning 5 of 6 Individual Immunities was not enough to save this season from the pits of despair at #3. I loved the idea of dividing the castaways by race, and the gutsy move paid off. No doubt one of the best seasons of Survivor ever.

2. Africa - As I finished up typing the last paragraph I realized I had two choices left. #2 and #1. In the end, after multiple minutes of pondering I decided that Africa would hold the spot of #2. Ethan is probably my 4th or 5th favorite Survivor ever, and Lex is in the top 10 as well. I believe this season deserves credit for being the first season with a twist. It brought a shock to everyone on the show, and watching at home when Lex, Tom, and Kelly switched tribes with Silas, Frank, and Teresa. The twist took Survivor to a whole new level, and Africa quickly took the spot of #1 in my heart for a long time. I never thought I'd change my mind until I watched Cook Islands. Then I never thought I'd change my mind again, until I sat down, and gave Africa its spot ahead of Cook Islands and Ozzy. Overall the greatest season of 1st Generation Survivor (All seasons Pre-All Stars season), and #2 all time.

1. Fans vs. Favorites - I definately did not anticipate this season at #1 prior to sitting down. 5th maybe 4th was my original decision, but then I watched the first episode again on Veoh.com, and I realized that this season was The Greatest Season of Survivor Ever. 9 of the best 2nd Generation Survivors (All seasons Post-All Stars season), and one of the best from the 1st Generation. My favorites included: Penner, Parv, Amanda, James, Yau, Ozzy, and of course...Jonny Fairplay! The twists and turns this season brought were amazing. Fairplay "gave up", Yau was taken out second, Penner was medivaced, and Amy was the only Favorite voted out over a Fan pre-merge. And then there was the dark spot on the season, the cloud around the silver lining if you will. What was that? Eliza. Annoying as hell, and even more annoying this season. The only reason I didn't quit on this season, was because of Ozzy, James, Parv, and Amanda. Possibly my favorite 2nd Generation Survivors. Once Eliza was voted out I thought I could enjoy the season, and then my favorite Survivor ever was blindsided out of the game. And with that Ozzy was gone. And between three more blindsides, one including a Fan giving away his immunity necklace, and yet another game ending injury, Parvati and Amanda stood alone atop the Survivor world. Parvati surprised everyone with her 5-3 win over Amanda, who was thought to be able to win easily. And this season brought Ozzy, Penner, and Parvati back to the #1 position they had in my heart originally, just in a different season.

SurvivorFan64

[13]Jun 10, 2008
    • level: 10

16. Amazon-did not like the fact that Jenna Morasca won. Why on earth did the men keep Jenna. Sure she is sick and everything, but Heidi hasn't won a single challenge on her own.

15. Guatemala-didn't like the people much

14, Thailand-Just thought that the people didn't do much villainy.

13. Marquesas-Though I admire the people very much, I didn't like most of the challenges and having see one team go to back-to-back tribal councils.

12. Micronesia-Just the girls I don't like

11. All-Stars-Too much bitterness and too unoriginal. ROb should've won.

10. Exile Island-Terry not acting quick enough and the Casayas aren't really charming looking bunch compared to La Mina.

9. Fiji-The Dreamz and Yau deal didn't work out and morale was too low.

8. Palau

7. Australian Outback-Colby didn't win, need I say more.

6. Africa-Other than the bean fiasco, I got to say that the challenges were not on water.

5. Cook Islands-Villainy, but not enough bitterness in tribal council

4. Borneo-Greg's crying and too much out of nature stuff.

3. Pearl Islands

2. Vanuatu

1. China

j19000

[14]Jun 22, 2008
    • level: 50

Best to worst:

1. Palau
    2. Cook Islands
    3. Marquesas
    4. All-Stars
    5. China
    6. Vanuatu: Islands Of Fire
    7. Fiji
    8. Panama: Exile Island
    9. Pearl Islands: Panama
    10. Amazon
    11. Guatamala
    12. Borneo
    13. Micronesia
    14. Australian Outback
    15. Thailand
    16. Africa

I must admit, the tenth season was brilliant. So much fierce competition going on. Africa and Thailand were boring and dull...

I also prefer seasons that take place on an island rather than a outter location (Australia, Africa, Guatamala etc).

Edited on 06/21/2008 11:03pm

SeanSurvivor

[15]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 3

1. China: Peih-Gee is my favourite Survivor ever and wish she'd won. The setting was really cool. I liked a lot Todd too. In fact the only person who I disliked was Denise because of her lie at the reunion...and also because she didn't repay Peih-Gee after she was taken on reward when she was sick!

2. Panama: I loved both Aras and Cirie. The concept of Exile Island was great, as well as the initial tribe division. Finale was great after the cliffhanger fire challenge between Danielle and Cirie.

3. Pearl Islands: Go Darrah! I like the Outcasts theme as well as the overall pirate theme. The challenges were good. Lillian was dumb for taking Sandra to the Final Two.

4. Palau: Great setting and very good cast although it did get kind of boring after Stephenie was voted out. Challenges were good. Jolanda and Jeff should've gotten further.

5. Marquesas: So happy Vecepia won instead of that annoying Neleh girl. Kathy probably deserved to win but who cares. A lot of the cast were unmemorable and The Reunion was crap. Vecepia was asked like one question and er...she only won! The challenges in this season were some of the best ever IMO.

6. Micronesia: Should've been All-Stars 2 instead of Fans vs. Favourites. Didn't really warm to any of the fans. Wish Amanda or Cirie won instead of Parvati. So pissed! Hate that girl to death. I didn't like the even amount of jury members. All the blindsides were very entertaining.

7. Cook Islands: Loved Yul and Becky! And sort of liked Ozzy as well due to respect, even though he was on the arrogant side, I felt. Hated Parvati. The mutiny was very interesting. Thank you to Candice and Jonathan!

8. Guatemala: One of the best settings ever. Loved it! Wish Morgan and Brianna had gotten further as they were two of my early favourites. Danni was a deserving winner. It was good to see Stephenie and Bobby Jon back playing again. Rafe is so stupid! Nothing really interesting happened around camp in this season...the challenges were quite good though. Basically this season was a better version of The Amazon.

9. The Australian Outback: Although I never really liked Jerri, she made this season very interesting. The Finale was so boring with all the "I have learnt so much about myself" rubbish over and over again. It felt like it would never end.

10. Africa: Good setting and good first few episodes. One of the better casts. However, there were far too many night scenes and too many pointless conversations about brunch and such was shown between the players, instead of talk about the actual game. Ethan was kind of boring, and to be honest I don't really remember anything about Kim J.

11. Fiji: This season wasn't as bad as people said it was. Too many interesting people were voted out early, such as Jessica, Sylvia and Liliana. The idol plays were interesting and there were some good challenges, but Earl was a boring and predictable winner. Moto won too much and it was stupid how they lived in luxury.

12. All-Stars: Amber won so from the get-go I do not like this season. I still do not understand why she was picked to be on All-Stars in the first place! She would get my vote for the most boring Survivor ever. A lot of the All-Stars who did will in their initial seasons proved to do quite poor. Nothing super interesting happened and really was quite a boring season.

13. The Amazon: A good setting was ruined by the crappiest and most boring challenges ever which generally required no skill whatsoever. The first few episodes were ok, but then it just sucks. The cast was ok but not that good. Jenna and Heidi were spoilt brats and they way they treated Christy was not nice at all!

14. Thailand: The first few episodes were good but the Final 6 were boring and completely unmemorable. Challenges were boring, as was the setting. Clay was so bad and totally did not deserve to get even close to the Final Two. Go Shii-Ann! Loved her.

15. Vanuatu: The only person I liked was Eliza. Everybody else was so boring. The younger guys should've gotten further. It's not like this season could've gotten any worse anyway. I hated Twila and Scout for the way they treated Eliza, and I hated Chris for screwing over Eliza and Julie.

16. Borneo: Yep. The first ever season of Survivor is the worst ever in my opinion. There were no interesting contestants! Apart from maybe Greg. Only one person was playing the game, whilst everybody else was on vacation. The tribal councils weren't run smoothy, the editing was different and it just looks so much older than the other seasons. To me it seems too old. I don't like it!

Basically China, Panama, Pearl Islands, Palau and Marquesas are VERY GOOD seasons...Micronesia, Cook Islands, Guatemala, The Australian Outback and Africa are GOOD seasons...Fiji, All-Stars, The Amazon, Thailand, Vanuatu and Borneo are OK seasons. There is no such thing as a bad Survivor season! Although I must admit I probably will rarely ever watch the OK seasons too often in the future.

Edited on 11/11/2008 4:39am
    Edited 3 total times.

2BPowerRanger

[16]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 9

1. Africa - Loved this season, maybe because it was the first season I saw all the way through. I wdidn't know about Borneo till the end, then Outback I started watching at the merge, so this was my first true season to see. Favorite Survivors had to be Kelly and Ethan

2. Outback - Saw this whole season later, and started to fall in love with the show. Favorite Survivors were Colby and Elizabeth, after I watched the whole season, liked Mitchell and Amber

3. All-Stars - This was the culmination of the show, some of the greatest players from the first seven seasons came together to fight it out, it was awesome. Favorite Survivors are All of them

4. Gabon - I know this season isn't over with yet, but I'm loving it so far, maybe after its over I'll feel different, but for now, its #4. Favorite Survivors are Marcus, Matty, and Kelly, even though she's whinny

5. Palua - Very fun season to watch, Couldn't help liking the theme of the season. Favorite Survivors are Ian, Stephanie, Gregg, and Bobby Jon

6. Micronesia/FvF - I could really relate to the friends, and would love to play against favorites. Favorite Survivors were Erik, Jason, and Alexis

7. Borneo - The first season, a little different than later seasons, but awesome none the less. Favorite Survivors were Greg, Jenna, and Colleen

8. Guatemala - Liked it, but I can't nail down a real reason. My Favs were Blake, Brian, Jamie, and Stephanie again

9. China - Seemed to return to its roots in this season, very likeable, but many of the biggest personalities were voted out early. Favorite Survivors were Leslie, Jaime, Erik, and Aaron

10. Amazon - Eh, not a horrible season, but not too memorable. Liked the setting. Favorite Survivors were Heidi and Butch

11. Marqueses - Liked it, but didn't like it. Favorite Survivors had to be Neleh, Gabe, and Gina

12. Pearl Islands - Liked the theme, but didn't really like the season too much. Favs were Ryan, Michelle, Christa, and Darrah (Didn't like Rupert until the end)

13. Vanuatu - Not too many smart people, pretty boring to watch your favs get voted off one by one. Favs were Lisa, Julie, basically anyone who didn't make it to the merge

14. Panama/Exile Island - Other than the fact my initial fav won, didn't really like the season too much. Favs were Aras and Misty

15. Cook Islands - They only kept it devided by race for two episodes, wasn't that impressed. Favs were Ozzy and Yul

16. Thailand - Boring, not too many likeable people. Favs were Stephanie, John, and Erin

17. Fiji - Uninteresting, boring people. Most were recruited, don't remember having a favorite survivor

SeanSurvivor

[18]Nov 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    2BPowerRanger wrote:

1. Africa - Loved this season, maybe because it was the first season I saw all the way through. I wdidn't know about Borneo till the end, then Outback I started watching at the merge, so this was my first true season to see. Favorite Survivors had to be Kelly and Ethan

2. Outback - Saw this whole season later, and started to fall in love with the show. Favorite Survivors were Colby and Elizabeth, after I watched the whole season, liked Mitchell and Amber

3. All-Stars - This was the culmination of the show, some of the greatest players from the first seven seasons came together to fight it out, it was awesome. Favorite Survivors are All of them

4. Gabon - I know this season isn't over with yet, but I'm loving it so far, maybe after its over I'll feel different, but for now, its #4. Favorite Survivors are Marcus, Matty, and Kelly, even though she's whinny

5. Palua - Very fun season to watch, Couldn't help liking the theme of the season. Favorite Survivors are Ian, Stephanie, Gregg, and Bobby Jon

6. Micronesia/FvF - I could really relate to the friends, and would love to play against favorites. Favorite Survivors were Erik, Jason, and Alexis

7. Borneo - The first season, a little different than later seasons, but awesome none the less. Favorite Survivors were Greg, Jenna, and Colleen

8. Guatemala - Liked it, but I can't nail down a real reason. My Favs were Blake, Brian, Jamie, and Stephanie again

9. China - Seemed to return to its roots in this season, very likeable, but many of the biggest personalities were voted out early. Favorite Survivors were Leslie, Jaime, Erik, and Aaron

10. Amazon - Eh, not a horrible season, but not too memorable. Liked the setting. Favorite Survivors were Heidi and Butch

11. Marqueses - Liked it, but didn't like it. Favorite Survivors had to be Neleh, Gabe, and Gina

12. Pearl Islands - Liked the theme, but didn't really like the season too much. Favs were Ryan, Michelle, Christa, and Darrah (Didn't like Rupert until the end)

13. Vanuatu - Not too many smart people, pretty boring to watch your favs get voted off one by one. Favs were Lisa, Julie, basically anyone who didn't make it to the merge

14. Panama/Exile Island - Other than the fact my initial fav won, didn't really like the season too much. Favs were Aras and Misty

15. Cook Islands - They only kept it devided by race for two episodes, wasn't that impressed. Favs were Ozzy and Yul

16. Thailand - Boring, not too many likeable people. Favs were Stephanie, John, and Erin

17. Fiji - Uninteresting, boring people. Most were recruited, don't remember having a favorite survivor

Our lists are so different!
    Edited on 11/11/2008 11:23pm

OTH_TW_lover

[19]Nov 21, 2008
    • level: 23
    I have watched Survivor from the start. My favorite was Outback my least favorite was Thiland. Everthing else falls somewhere in the middle.

fakename913323

[20]Nov 22, 2008
    • level: 1
    Cook Islands - was awesome with ozzy and yul and the comeback of four, probably my favorite. Australian Outback - was the first one I've seen, it was awesome too, gets a very close second. Mike had the numbers, oh well..

Fans vs Favorites - since I liked all the favorites even though Johnny Fairplay gave up! WTF was that I was so excited he was there too. Allstars - familiar faces

Africa - Big Tom, Clarence

The rest - survivor is my favorite show and it's hard to stop watching once you get into it, they all are good and addicting, even though in the fans vs favorites one I refused to watch the final episode after erik got tricked like that. I couldn't help myself and watched it anyway lol.