Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Ranking the Survivors

Ollec29

[1]Jun 10, 2013
    • level: 9

Hello Everyone! A few years ago, I used to post here quite often. Then I went to college, but now that I have finished with no career in my field, I decided to take on up a large project. I will be ranking every single individual that has played Survivor. It spans five continents, 26 seasons, and hundreds of characters. I'm ranking them on my own personal opinions of them, but it allow multiple discussions. We can discuss the evolution from Borneo to the Philippines, the moves, the twists, and the character traits. I want people to agree, disagree, and evaluate my opinions. Let's go down memory lane together, the grandaddy of competitive reality television with this ranking. I know it's off season, so there is much less traffic here, but I hope we can enjoy this thread. So please post your opinions and predictions, and I think this be quite fun. There is an old thread in this forum where I ranked the game play of all the survivors (up to Gabon, I believe) but I couldn't keep up with it at the time.

Each appearance is counted, so Boston Rob will be ranked four separate times. There is a total of 463 players.

Clues for the bottom of the list.

463. A self-righteous and arrogant attorney that thought they gave some epic jury speech, when they came off as a desperate and angry loser.

462. A strong woman that was thankfully knocked out early on a Men vs. Woman season.

461. Helped create one of the biggest monsters on the franchise. Only to booted the next round.

460. A sexist pig that was hellbent on getting rid of every woman on his pathetic tribe.

459. A player in their third appearance, proved they should have never won fan favorite.

Happy guessing!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[2]Jun 12, 2013

I haven't watched all the seasons but I think 459 sounds like Rupert eventhough I haven't seen his third.

mcepin3

[3]Jun 13, 2013
    • level: 16

I think you have set on crazy task Hell,I had to lean closer,just to make sure I saw it right. 463 players!?!?!? And you gonna do them from top to bottom? Or vice versa,doesn't matter

I only know of those,who are "worth" knowing or sadyl,because this person was either crazy,drama queen and all those negative things.

463 I know of this person,because I remember lawyer hand gesture and that "Stop,stop,I am talking now" at tribal council Think name is Matt or something on L maybe?

462 No idea

461 Monster I guess is Russell,but don't know who got booted. That cop lady? Don't think so.

460 No idea

459 Colby? Russell?

Colin_Rob_Rock

[4]Jun 14, 2013

mcepin3 wrote:

I think you have set on crazy task Hell,I had to lean closer,just to make sure I saw it right. 463 players!?!?!? And you gonna do them from top to bottom? Or vice versa,doesn't matter

I only know of those,who are "worth" knowing or sadyl,because this person was either crazy,drama queen and all those negative things.

463 I know of this person,because I remember lawyer hand gesture and that "Stop,stop,I am talking now" at tribal council Think name is Matt or something on L maybe?

462 No idea

461 Monster I guess is Russell,but don't know who got booted. That cop lady? Don't think so.

460 No idea

459 Colby? Russell?

Russell won fan favorite??? I haven't seen him yet but I thought he wasn't liked.

mcepin3

[5]Jun 14, 2013

I think he did,but I am not sure. Just a wild guess from me.

Ollec29

[6]Jun 14, 2013

And here we go!

463. Alex Angarita, 7th Fiji

Alex Angarita

That's right, my most hated contestant is Alex Angarita of Fiji. I'm glad that history has forgotten him because he started the horrific train of arrogant pseudo-genius strategists. If you don't remember him, be lucky, because his incredibly pompous behavior makes you want to rip out your eyes. He is so smug and so self-satisfied, that he is completely oblivious to his own short comings. He is one of those people that thinks just because he is educated and an attorney that makes him entitled to the grander things in life. On top of that, he took his role on the jury to a cringe-worthy level, and not in a fun over-the-top Sue Hawk type of way. He accused Cassandra of using and discarding Stacy in the game, and when Cassandra tries to correct his incorrect statement, he begins yelling, "STOP. STOP. THIS IS MY TIME TO TALK". Um, what!? You asked her a jury question, but it's YOUR time to talk, let the woman answer your question. Cassandra retorted back, "You didn't get to let me finish" and he goes "IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! I HAVE ENOUGH INFORMATION! " Like, what a tool.

And Alex was completely wrong in accusation, Stacy went home after a HII was played by Yau-Man. If anything Cassandra had tried to save Stacy in that vote by turning the vote around, only to have the idol ruin her plans.

Oh, and apparently he is a wife beater. Big surprise.

http://youtu.be/cNZKq0J8dNs

The link above just shows how pompous this attorney is. So congratulations Alex on being the first person eliminated in my countdown. Case closed.

Ollec29

[7]Jun 14, 2013

462. JoAnna Ward, 13th Amazon

Oh, JoAnna. Your time on Survivor was short, but in those four episodes you proved how much a lunatic you really are. I sincerely believe that JoAnna had never seen survivor before she went on the show. Her claim to Survivor fame was how much she hated, and feared, IDOLS. Now, I'm not talking about hidden immunity idols, as this is only the 6th season of the series. I mean, she hated immunity idols. You know, what you win as a tribe so no one goes home. I know, right ? I'm not a big fan of obnoxious religious people on reality television, they tend to be fun-suckers and pretentious. Now, JoAnna was all that on steroids (see above picture). She would argue with the Jaburu women that the reason it was raining in their camp was because they were "worshiping" their immunity idol over God. And you know putting any idols above God is against one of the commandments. Now, this may just be me, but I don't think the Bible was meant to reference reality shows and just because it's called an "idol" doesn't make it the type the Bible was referencing . The next day when Jeanne was filling Christy, the deaf woman, on the JoAnna's insecurities, Christy righteously said "That's stupid. " Well, JoAnna heard and starting to yell at this girl, but then covered her mouth so Christy could not read her lips! JoAnna, what was the point of that? What is the point of yelling at a person, that CANNOT HEAR YOU, and then cover your mouth so they can't understand you? I know, it's because you're bats.hit crazy.

How can a servant of God AND a guidance counselor do that?

It was uncomfortable, unfun, and puts her at 462.

Here is JoAnna in her own bible study:

http://youtu.be/zEe7tt029kI

Edited on 06/14/2013 2:02pm

Colin_Rob_Rock

[8]Jun 26, 2013

I just watched theseason with Alex thinking "oh no hear we go this guy will be evil and I have to wait for him to get booted. The entire season I waited for him to do something evil, like claim his grandma died. Eventually I started thinking that maybe I misunderstood who the person was, butat his Tribal council speech, which I liked (that might be do to me not liking Cassandra, I particularly liked when he turned to Edgardo and asked how to say it in Spanish)I realized that we just have different opinions. He wasn't even my least favorite in the season.

skbrettbug

[9]Jul 18, 2013
    • level: 17

Too bad...this never materialized. I wanted to see who was next!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[10]Jul 18, 2013

I agree I keep checking back but Nada

mcepin3

[11]Jul 19, 2013

Same here.

Ollec29

[12]Jul 23, 2013
    I'm considering holding this off until the Survivor Season starts again, just because there seems to be low traffic right now. Thoughts?

Colin_Rob_Rock

[13]Jul 24, 2013

Wow you're back. At least now I know that I will find out who the rest are.

marknmo

[14]Jul 26, 2013
    • level: 12
    I would say keep going with two or three new ranks once every week or so. It'll give the Survivor fans sticking around over the summer something to appreciate until the next season. Plus, when the new season starts and more people come into the forum, there'll be a longer list for them to dig their teeth into and get interested in what you're doing.

Ollec29

[15]Jul 27, 2013

461. John Fincher, 9th Samoa

Oh John Fincher, or Alex Angarita 2.0. I was not a fan. John was one of the smug players that were above "pagonging" the opposing tribe, deeming it as "junior varsity survivor". Please. John is an ultimate douchebag that enabled Russell by voting out Laura, but still lacking the pathetic charisma that is Shambo Waters. He was just so SMART, he wore his jeans in the first reward challenge while swimming. He's a mastermind, y'all! Fortunately, he was ignored for most of the pre-merge because of Galu domination, and only resurfaced to vote out Yasmin over Monica. Only to panic about Laura's ~CONTROL~ over the tribe, despite not taking the chance to eliminate one of her henchwoman in the previous round. #Mastermind. He then pushed for Shambo to be the new leader of the tribe, creating division. #Mastermind. Galu could have easily eliminated the Foa Foa members at the merge, but John couldn't resist his mastermindness. He was hellbent in taking out Laura's minions and tried to convinced the Foa Foas to vote for Monica. They immediately betrayed him and told the girls, swinging the vote against John/Erik but thankfully John's tee-ball skills won him immunity. He was so enamored with Russell and avoiding the purple rock tiebreaker, he voted out Laura. This signaled the complete annihilation of the Galu tribe, only to start with JOHN. Lol pwnt. If John had not let this happen, Russell would have not reigned as most delusional Survivor player ever, and I will never forgive him for starting the ~RUSSELL HANTZ SHOULD OF WON~ SAGA that made him and his family dominate my television for the next four years. I know most people wouldn't have had John out this early, but if there is one thing I cannot stand in a survivor player it's pseudo-intellectuals that think fancy moves are required to win a predominantly social game.

mcepin3

[16]Jul 28, 2013

They can only blame themselves for Russell,because they were so afraid of him. If there were no HII and so many of them,he wouldn't be so cocky and be able to get so far with his attitude. But he also exposed people in some way. "Big" moves are needed to win game,because if you don't make anything worthy,then you're just a coattail rider. Russell played game from second he got there. I enjoyed watching Russell on Survivor,but the rest is too much. I have no respect for all the lies he told,but there were some great blindsides and episodes in his seasons.

I still believe that Erik's speech at final tribal council cost Russell his game.

skbrettbug

[17]Jul 29, 2013
    • level: 17

Yay! He's back.

Good choice. All he is "famous" or whatever for is changing his vote to eliminate Laura (?) in the tiebreaker.

Ollec29

[18]Sep 4, 2013

Now that the next season is coming up, I'll try to update more often. Thanks to all the faithful responses though.

460. Rocky Reid

I firmly believe that Rocky Reid was casted to be a fusion of Shane Powers and Boston Rob, and that combo did not just work. Fiji is considered one of the worst seasons of Survivor, especially it's pre-merge portion. I absolutely blame that on Rocky. Rocky was an idiot that somehow rose to power by having the fortune of having a penis. After forming a mathematically illogical alliance with Erica and Jessica (whom was voted out first), Rocky decided to target any person without a Y chromosome (and Anthony). Hell the reason that Rita went over Anthony still boggles my mind. He voted her out for talking too much about girly stuff, seriously? He was attention seeking doofus that somehow was voted out in 12th place, but managed to suck up more airtime than late gamers, Stacy, Boo, and Cassandra. Rocky's treatment of Anthony was uncomfortable, and was never entertaining at any point. Rocky is one of those guys that isn't particularly athletic but feels the need to put down women and other weak men to elevate his own status. He unnecessarily trashed Cassandra on the jury, despite never truly living with her, just to "fit in". He played like a homophobic teenager, sabotaged a Ravu alliance that ceded power to Alex at the tribal switch, and was thankfully eliminated next. Attention who.res are not welcome on this ranking.

mcepin3

[19]Sep 5, 2013

Yeah,wannabe Rocky was unbearable. First episode in,after they all had some screen time,I already knew he will be a problem to watch and get most of screen time. For such a "strong" guy,he sure did bitch and complain alot.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[20]Sep 7, 2013

Rocky was actually my favorite on that season considering that was on of the worst seasons. As for voting out Jessica I believe that he didn't want to vote her out didn't want a target on his back.

Any how I'm glad your back.