Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Sash is a racist!

silvioStrippers

[1]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 6

Tells Naonke that they should stick together and takes all the minorities to the end! God forbid a white person want to take a few folks to the end based on being white! What BS! I hope they burn!

Then Naonke goes all hood (her words) on the poor girl with 1 leg! "Good thing she didnt go ghetto on her" she said!! What the heck is going on? She is such ghetto trash! Just cant act normal while she's on the show. Or I should say this must be normal for her! What a mistake CBS made with Sash and Naonke!!!Yell

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

marknmo

[2]Sep 30, 2010
    • level: 12

Yeah, I was taken aback when Sash mentioned that they needed to vote out all of the whites. Well, he said the minorities need to band together, but that's the same thing as saying, "let's vote out all of the whites." I had the same thought, too, about how that would have just caused a viewership uproar if a white person had said, "let's vote out all of the minorities - I want a white person to win!" I really hope they address this later on at a tribal council maybe.

GameWiz1000

[3]Oct 1, 2010
    • level: 25
    Are you new to America? It's a common double standard. Nothing we can do.

Because it's old vs young, they purposely got some stupid young people this season to contrast with the "wise" old guys. Not so much Sash but NaYomka (or however you spell it), Fabio, and Shannon who was overly arrogant and insensitive.
    Edited on 10/01/2010 8:16pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jpdtking

[4]Oct 13, 2010
    • level: 3

Kind of goes with the Territory these Days! You Sure?? It's not Bush's fault????? Kinda a Black episode & series! "RACIST" BLACKS & MINORITIES AGAINST THE WHITE AND DISABLED! AGAIN! GLAD THAT ONE DOES NOT TEACH ANY OF MY CHILDREN!

Bionetic

[5]Nov 26, 2010
    • level: 8

Are you serious. This whole thread is racist. Basically your mad because two minorities said something you don't like so you create a thread that focuses on race and talk about how much you hate the majorities on the show. You don't think that's hypocritical. It's racist. I know you think you have a good reason to vent your hatred, but guess what, all racist have a "good reason" to hate, but it doesn't make it any less racist. If you dislike Sach and Naonka because of their personality say that, but when you make this about race you basically cross the fine line under this false notion that your on some moral high ground.

Almost every survivor they single out and eliminate the minorities. There's a culture gap between minorities and the majority. That's life. And all of your race based hatred only fuels the problem. Maybe it's not your intention, but that's how it comes across. Who knows, maybe someone like the people on this thread jaded Sach and Naonka and that's why they have adapted their stance. So they retaliate by doing what has offended all of you. And then you turn around and retaliate in a way that too minorities seems racist. Andtomorrowthose minorities will turn around and do the same thing to some majorities. Your only fueling the cycle. Your all hypocrites. And the people swho starts threads like these are thebiggestracists off them all.

Edited on 11/26/2010 6:13am
    Edited 2 total times.

marknmo

[6]Dec 1, 2010
    • level: 12
    Bionetic wrote:

Are you serious. This whole thread is racist. Basically your mad because two minorities said something you don't like so you create a thread that focuses on race and talk about how much you hate the majorities on the show. You don't think that's hypocritical. It's racist. I know you think you have a good reason to vent your hatred, but guess what, all racist have a "good reason" to hate, but it doesn't make it any less racist. If you dislike Sach and Naonka because of their personality say that, but when you make this about race you basically cross the fine line under this false notion that your on some moral high ground.

Almost every survivor they single out and eliminate the minorities. There's a culture gap between minorities and the majority. That's life. And all of your race based hatred only fuels the problem. Maybe it's not your intention, but that's how it comes across. Who knows, maybe someone like the people on this thread jaded Sach and Naonka and that's why they have adapted their stance. So they retaliate by doing what has offended all of you. And then you turn around and retaliate in a way that too minorities seems racist. Andtomorrowthose minorities will turn around and do the same thing to some majorities. Your only fueling the cycle. Your all hypocrites. And the people swho starts threads like these are thebiggestracists off them all.

I think you've misread a lot of this thread yourself. I know that in my post, I never said anything about hate.

Sash did say the minorities needed to band together to kick everyone else out. As I stated in my post, that's the same thing as saying "let's kick all the white people out" - there's no logic that can deny that correlation. I viewed this as being racist, and I was hoping that the show would explore this a little more down the line, but it never did (and likely won't at this point), because it was an interesting form of "reverse racism."

I also pointed out in my post that if a white person had said this, then it would have instantly queued the "villain" music on the show and caused an uproar. This isn't me saying, "white people should be able to say this stuff without getting into trouble." This was me saying, "all racist remarks/strategies should be dealt with in the same way." Like it or not, reverse racism is more acceptable than "regular" racism, even though neither should be tolerated.

Coming into this thread and calling everyone a racist just because we're discussing a racial point of the show is a little much. We're adults and we can discuss race, even if it means pointing out racist flaws in someone's statement/strategies, without it meaning that each and everyone of us is a racist.

silvioStrippers

[7]Dec 20, 2010
    • level: 6

Bionetic wrote:

LOL, youre out of your mind! Sash started the whole race thing. You heard what he said, but choose to ignore it. And you are a sad human being for it.

And you think that "every year they single out minorities to eliminate"?? Sounds like you are just making things up! Much like the sad state of society today. Do you really think that if, God forbid, blacks were targeted for elimination, that some BS group wouldnt find out and be crying foul over it?!?!?!? Survivor has survived through 22 shows because and thats pretty damn successful.

Also, IMO, black folk stink at this game!! Plain and simple. Their past showings speak for themselves.

Bionetic

[8]Mar 11, 2011
    • level: 8
    [QUOTE="silvioStrippers"]

Bionetic wrote:

Also, IMO, black folk stink at this game!! Plain and simple. Their past showings speak for themselves.

Yeah that comment wasn't racist, it's all in my head.