Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Season 25 Discussion and Season 26 Speculations... (spoilers)

EdgeOfThorns316

[1]Dec 16, 2012
    • level: 8

So yes Denise won, which for me made this fairly incredible season end so blah. I just cant get over how so many people seem to coast along and just win, lately it seems more of the coattail ridin females of the show pull it off..but whatever, it was still a great season.

I feel that basically karma bit Skup in the ass, and here is why. He was JUST saying how his family said make them proud, and i feel his final decision to take the so called easy road bit him in the butt, i feel he would of had a better chance against a more worthy opponent in Malcolm and it would of made him look a bit more honorable overall.

I still love Skupin though, great guy and i am so glad after 12 years he came back and just rolled to the finale. That is a lot that he had to wade through to get there, so im just happy for him to have such a successful season like this. I just wish he would of stuck to his plan with Malcolm, who agrees?

Season 26, fans vs favs again, lookin forward too it!!

Not sure if you guys slowed down the reel, but it showed some faces like Russell, Rup, Tyson, Coach....and im not sure if this was perhaps teasing with POSSIBLE names or if they are going to be there.

When Jeff said about a "pair"....the only thing that is coming to me is Rob and Amber, but i feel im forgetting something more recent. Anyone have an idea?

All i hope for is please no more Sandra or Cirie, that is all i ask!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

anthem47

[2]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 6

I didn't mind her winning so much. As far as coasting goes, she was a real force to be reckoned with in challenges...I don't think she won many but she was a threat in a lot of them, which is pretty great for a woman her age (hmm, sexist and ageist at the same time...but you know what I mean!). Her social game must have been pretty solid to survive what was for her an unpredictable ride. I mean you're right there were at least three others in the top 7 I would have picked before her, but I didn't think she was too coasty, not as much as others have been in the past.

I think a Skupin v Malcolm vote would have been really interesting. Everyone at the reunion show reckoned they wouldn't vote for Malcolm, but I'm not so sure.

Really I think Skupin's big mistake was not taking Abi to the end. It's hard, like I'm glad they didn't take her as the "easy choice" and it made for better viewing for us, I was happy about that last episode and still am...but really a Skupin/Lisa/Abi final 3, he totally would have won. Abi was right when she said getting rid of her meant giving one of the other two the money.

I secretly didn't want Skupin to win but for a weird reason...just after episode 1, I read a post on survivorsucks.com that was spoilering that Skupin won. Boot lists on that site are known to be often accurate and that's exactly why I never go thereand have had this exact thing happen before. I know, I know, I should know better after 25 seasons. So all the way up until the final vote I was holding out hope it wasn't him just to preserve my own surprise, but secretly was pretty sure he had won. Which actually made the finale doubly surprising, which was nice. That original poster was either trolling, mistaken, or a CBS employee throwing people off, haha. In all honesty he was a great returning player and a nice guy and I would have gotten over my spoiled ending and been glad he won =P

EDIT: Oh according to the Survivor wiki, Lisa got one vote from RC, Skupin got one vote from Carter, and Denise got all six others...which means she got votes from Abi, who seemed to really dislike her, and Malcolm, who at the final tribal seemed really pissed off at her. And Jonathan called her a bitch! ...and...I'm still surprised. I think sometimes juries get to a point where they think "all right I'll give you the money, but I'm gonna use this opportunity to stick the knife in as much as I can".

Edited on 12/17/2012 5:09am

EdgeOfThorns316

[3]Dec 17, 2012
    Yea, i think he had a better shot taking Abi. Overall it was a good season, i just really wanted Skup to win. So what about Season 26....did you check out the faces they showed during the little clip?

Taylorg8

[4]Dec 17, 2012
    • level: 13
    I LOVED this season! I didn't mind Denise won but she was my least favorite of the final 4. She still deserved her win though, but Skupin did play a pretty good game. I almost think he might have had a decent shot against Malcolm but I think Malcolm would have won regardless of what everyone said!

I CANNOT WAIT FOR Survivor: Caramoan- Fans vs. Favorites! I wonder who will return! I'm really hoping the face shown aren't the returnees considering they are mainly 3 timers! I don't want to see Coach and Russell AGAIN! I'm guessing Cochran will be one of them and I'm hoping for it! I'd like to see people like Brenda, Phillip, Dawn, Cochran, maybe Kim from the more recent seasons and I don't think there will be many if any from Philippines. I'm so excited and Probst is saying he thinks this next season will be BETTER than the Philippines! I'm hoping he's right!

Taylorg8

[5]Dec 17, 2012
    By the way I'm not saying I don't think anyone will return from the Philippines because of the people! I just think it ended so close to the other seasons. I could see people Like Abi, Malcolm, or Lisa being returnees though. Troyzan could be too but now I'm naming too many from recent seasons!

Taylorg8

[6]Dec 17, 2012
    WOW! Sorry I'm posting AGAIN, but I just read on EW.com a bunch of stuff Probst teased for next season! If you want you can read it by using the link I post. I'll Say this just in case! SPOILER(even though it really isn't because Probst said it himself)

The Returnees are for their second time! NOT for their 3rd or 4th like some past contestants.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/12/16/survivor-caramoan-fans-vs-favorites-jeff-probst-gives-intel-on-next-season-says-it-is-even-better-than-survivor-philippines/

EdgeOfThorns316

[7]Dec 17, 2012
    Havent read that yet but i will soon as i post this, but here is what im hoping and im HOPING that since you said a second time Taylor that what i want might happen, but check this out.

What id love to see are some names like Yul, Burton, Shane, Chris.....for starters as some names to come back. Especially Yul, Burton and Shane. I think those 3 names right there would start to build for an amazing fans vs favorites.

There are many others of course, but those are some of the guys i think need to come back as they were such interesting players.

Taylorg8

[8]Dec 17, 2012
    I don't know why I didn't even think of some of them! I would love to see them return. I wouldn't be surprised if they got at least one of them to come back. I'm pumped to see who the returning players will be!

EdgeOfThorns316

[9]Dec 17, 2012
    Heres something also, if they are filming it right now...or close to being done, i dont think Malcolm would be there since typically favorites "become" a favorite after people watched them. Does that seem fitting? Im thinking Malcolm is gonna play again, but not until the September season. What do you think? I think what im saying is he cant be a fan favorite until people know who he is, so i dont see how he could be in the season that is currently underway.

But yea there are so many people from early seasons that could come back, Burton is a big one for me. Id love to see him come back again, same with Terry....i think he got done pretty dirty that season and Terry would be awesome to come back.

So many names that have been lost in the onslaught of Russells and Coach etc...

mcepin3

[10]Dec 18, 2012
    • level: 17

Lisa and Skupin had no chance of winning with either Denise or Malcolm in finals. While jury said in reunion,that if Malcolm was there in finals with Denise,she would still won. Not that Skupin or Lisa would win. Here we could throw tons of "what ifs"(for example..what if Penner took Lisa's offer for final 4....),but it played out how it played out. I am ok with Denise winning and either of those 4 winning,I would be ok.

I didn't even recognize Malcolm,when he got on jury. Complete 180 Not how he way angry and pissed,but how he looked.

Denise wasn't coasting,she did what she needed to stay in game,but she did it in a way,that no one had anything bad to say about her and will vote for her...even Abi And for her to be on EVERY tribal and win is pretty impressive.

Think this is first time,that all 3 finalists got 1 vote. Usually 3rd person in finals is just there,because they coasted along.

Great season.Reunion was great too....Dawson smacked one on Probst....lol

CAN'T WAIT FOR FANS VS. FAVS!!!!!!

James was on China season and got on Fans vs. Favs...so we could see Malcolm in next season again. I wanna see people who will play game,not coast along! Who will be able to compete.

EdgeOfThorns316

[11]Dec 18, 2012
    Yea that is true but when was favs vs favs filmed? Do they always do them back to back? It seems from how they will reference it at times in articles that it was a "back to back" filmed season, that perhaps someone doesnt have a chance to become a favorite until the show airs.

Taylorg8

[12]Dec 18, 2012
    I think it was filmed back to back from what I've read anyway. Burton is one of my favorites too! I've always thought he was a great player and should have returned. I'm not sure if China and Micronesia were back to back though. That could have been the reason for James on Fans vs. Favs. Either way though, I think Malcolm and Abi will be returning for sure at some point.

Taylorg8

[13]Dec 18, 2012
    Why doesn't TV.com let me edit my posts!?!?! Anyway I was going to add this They could have people return from back to back filming if they think they will be a good character. Russell was brought back during back to back filming. Nobody knew who he was on Heroes vs. Villains.

geoffmaze

[14]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 5

I thought Denise was a very worthy winner. Had someone like Lisa won, THAT would have been a coat tail rider. Lisa played a solid game, nothing against her either but unlike Denise Lisa was on a team that never lost. Denise went to EVERY tribal council and still pulled out the win. She worked hard at camp, did well in challenges and she was able to play a great social game.

Malcolm, much like Penner before, has himself to blame. Obviously he thought he was going to win the final challenge, and to his credit didn't want to lie to Denise, even if that is a huge part of this GAME. He could have joined with Denise and worst case scenario got a tie vote to go up against either Skuppin or as it worked out Lisa.

Despite what some of the Survivors said regarding the vote at the Reunion, I think Malcolm could have beaten Denise but if in fact HE would have still lost it shows how credible a winner Denise was.

geoffmaze

[15]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 5
    Dear God in heaven please do NOT have COLTON return! I seriously may tune it before it begins. I hate that vile POS. I suspect Malcolm will be a returning guest.

mcepin3

[16]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 17

drawing blank atm on Burton...which season was he in? He the one from Pearl Islands? Wasn't really fan of him.

If we see Malcolm in next season,there is also big chance that Lisa will be there with him...who knows...hell even Denise might get a chance?

I would loooove to see Erik again. He got played by girls in fans vs. favourites first time and he was a great player.

And Colleen from first season....looooooooooove her smile. Bruce was also great to me and he had to leave the game.

I never wanna see Amanada again on Survivor. She sucks and throws that sad face at people. She just coasts along. Also no on Philip,Abi and Yul.

Don't have much against Yul,but I would prefer someone else instead of him,if possible

EdgeOfThorns316

[17]Dec 19, 2012
    Ah thats a bummer to hear dude, Yul was fantastic! I really hope he comes in for another ride.

Heres my problem with Denise, i just feel that she basically did what Malcolm did. She was a hard worker yea, but in the game itself Denise didnt make really any moves until the end, which sure it was a good move on her part but i dont feel she really played the calibur of game that Malcolm or Skupin did.

But im happy with that finale, i just would of loved Skup to reel it in.

Another guy that i feel would be cool to come back is Savage, man he was great....that poor dude tried so hard and had one hell of a hard season, would love if he had the chance to come back.

Shane though, another dude that i think would be awesome...he was hilarious.

Taylorg8

[18]Dec 19, 2012
    I think Probst was wanting Savage to return so I think he has a good chance to come back! He was kind of screwed by the outcast twist. I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

EdgeOfThorns316

[19]Dec 19, 2012
    Taylorg8 wrote:
    I think Probst was wanting Savage to return so I think he has a good chance to come back! He was kind of screwed by the outcast twist. I wouldn't be surprised to see him.

Man that would be so awesome. Matthew would be another cool return, i thought he was great.

anthem47

[20]Dec 19, 2012
    • level: 6
    geoffmaze wrote:
    He could have joined with Denise and worst case scenario got a tie vote to go up against either Skuppin or as it worked out Lisa.

I forgot about that, that actually occured to me in the episode itself. I was thinking if you guys really don't want to turn on each other, Skupin has already won and there was no way Lisa was turning against him, so whoever Lisa and Skupin picked was going. Denise and Malcolm could have tied the vote to trigger a firemaking challenge to give whoever was on the chopping block a 50/50 shot...more like 90/10 since I'm sure either of them could beat Lisa in firemaking.

I have a feeling there's something behind the scenes we don't know about, players always seem very reluctant to force a tie...even in situations like this where they've got nothing to lose. I wonder if production discourages it, as it probably doesn't make for great television.

In this instance though Denise and Malcolm probably knew they were each other's greatest threat. Also having them both there with similar stories might have split their votes.