Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor: Blood vs. Water Pool!

skbrettbug

[1]Aug 21, 2013
    • level: 19

Hello all,

My name is Brett and I'm going to be running the Survivor pool again! I'll give the same spiel about myself as last time, I've been a member of TV.com for nearly 5 years and enjoy programs such as Survivor, The Amazing Race, Arthur, Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and The Mole (greatest show ever-I'd be happy to talk to any mole fans about it!Laughing )

Here's how a pool works: There will be 20 contestants this season. Each user may pick one contestant who they think will win Survivor. If we have less than 20 participants (which very well may happen), I will let people pick twice. And we all know that's gonna happen, haha. Once your player(s) is/are eliminated, you are as well.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or ask a question on this board. Smile I usually am on this board twice a day, so I will be checking in quite often.

Thank goodness for copy and paste

Credit to Megan (bballmegan22) for the scoring protocol, wherever you are

*1st voted off: 50 Points
    *1st member of the Jury: 60 points
    *5th Place: 35 points (Will only be used if there is a Final Three)
    *4th place: 70 points
    *3rd place: 140 points
    *2nd place: 280 points
    *Winner: 560 points
    *Wins Individual Immunity: +20 points
    *Wins Individual Reward: +15 points
    *Your contestant is on the winning reward tribe: +5 points
    *Your contestant is on the winning immunity challenge: +10 points
    *Your player successfully plays the hidden immunity idol (this DOES NOT apply if they use it but they would have been safe. It only works if it saved them from being eliminated.): +15 points
    *Your contestant wins the "fan favorite" award: +30 points
    *Your contestant is mentioned in the top 3 fan favorites but does not win: +10 points
    *Your original pick wins: +40 points

BUT...thanks to you guys (and me) we have some new ways to earn points!

Wins a Redemption Island battle: +10 points

Returns to the game due to RI: +20 points

Winning back to back Individual Immunity: +10 points

Winning both Individual Reward and Immunity: +10 points

Being Medevaced: +10 points (CR, I especially love this one!)

Please try to format the list the same as I did it, and just add your name on to the bottom of the list. Smile I'll send out PM to y'all from last season's pool Cast list at http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/cast/

Good luck!

FINAL RESULTS:

Dfan46 - Tyson - 700 points

Eliminated:

AdaHui - Rachel (Goose egg)

skbrettbug - Los Bonehams - 30 points

amazing_race - Marissa - 20 points

Colin_Rob_Rock - Candice - 30 points

Cricketman_au - Brad - 10 points

macdaddy17 - Kat - 60 points

Anthem47 - John - 45 points

geoffmaze - Aras - 150 points

mcepin3 - Vytas, Caleb, Katie - 25 points

Anthem47 - Laura - 40 points

UnovaChampion - Hayden - 45 points

cheesepuffy - Ciera - 95 points

dool_girl - Tina - 200 points

ajporter12345 - Gervase - 245 points

Taylorg8 - Monica - 315 points

Edited on 12/16/2013 4:06am
    Edited 10 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Taylorg8

[2]Aug 21, 2013
    • level: 13
    Such a difficult choice for me this season! Rupert was a person I had considered. I'll go returnee based on how often they usually are in the finals. 1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

That was a hard choice. Eliminated former winners from my choice and the unlikable ones or not seeming smart lol. Monica seemed like she could've done well in the right circumstances last time and I liked her and she was likable. She should stay around long enough as an asset to her tribe. Merge may be trouble for her! I can't wait. None of you spoiler people please btw!

Dfan46

[3]Aug 21, 2013
    • level: 15

Shoot! I was seriously considering picking Monica - she was one of the few contestants I liked on One World. Hmmm...let's see. I'm tempted to choose Hayden since he won Big Brother (you got me hooked on yet another reality show, skbrettbug!) but I think the other players will use that as a reason to get rid of him early. I think for my first pick I'll go Tyson - not because I consider him all that great a player but the possibility of him addressing a jury with his usual combination of snark/arrogance would be awesome. If nothing else, maybe he can score me some points in the challenges.

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

Edited on 08/21/2013 10:50pm

mcepin3

[4]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 17

Damn,Rupert is taken Still popular,even though some hate him. I'm very tempted to choose loved one,because Tyson is also taken and between Monica(taken),Aras,Tina,Gervase,Kat,Laura(who!?!?!?),Candice and Colton...well I just ain't that big fan. I like some and all...but...yeah so choosing loved one. Aras or Tina are winners,so those 2 might be in danger from start...don't wanna pick them. Gervase might last,ain't gonna pick person I don't even remember Laura. Candice is boring and on that high horse of hers,Colton is Colton(though I hope he stays a bit ).

So I am thinking choosing between Vytas,Laura(Rupert's wife,because she's been on island already,even if just for a day),Marissa and Caleb

Vytas looks like he could be all around threat,same as Marissa,while Laura and Caleb might be underdogs and get further...hmmm...I like,what Vytas said about chess

Edit: Finally post!!!

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

As Taylorg8 said,please no spoilers.

Edited on 08/22/2013 3:02am
    Edited 2 total times.

skbrettbug

[5]Aug 22, 2013

Dfan, I got you hooked about Big Brother? And of course I'd like to see Outwit Outlast Outpredict this year, but no pressure

And yes, same to me no spoliers. How do people even know about spoilers anyway???

Finally thank you all for signing up in the pool!

anthem47

[6]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 6

I'm probably crazy for picking a relative first but I'll go with Hayden Moss, I get an interesting vibe from this guy. You never know! EDIT: Actually I just checked the other thread, I'll honour UnovaChampion's dibs and switch to John Cody.

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

Edited on 08/22/2013 5:43am

UnovaChampion

[7]Aug 22, 2013
    I have a good feeling about Hayden, who knows, he could win both shows.

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

6. UnovaChampion-Hayden

ajporter12345

[8]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 25
    . skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

6. ajporter12345- Gervase (So happy to see some old school survivor players return, like Gervase and Tina)

Colin_Rob_Rock

[9]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 11

First of all you're welcome for the suggestions. Secondly what is the mole? Third Who ever Picks Colton nothing personal but I hope your get 50 points after the first episode. Next Darn it my top three choices were taken. Dibs didn't evenoccur to me. So I guess I'll take Candice

1.skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

6. UnovaChampion-Hayden

7. ajporter12345- Gervase

8. Colin_Rob_Rock - Candice (Hopefully me and anthem47 will be in the final) Good luck to all.

skbrettbug

[10]Aug 22, 2013

Thanks everybody else who signed up! I have new twists coming this season and I'll give some hints later

CR, The Molewas a reality show about a group who tried to win money for a pot while trying to keep a "Mole" from keeping it out. I am probably its biggest fan

And yeah Team Colton will be out pretty soon.

Cricketman_au

[11]Aug 22, 2013
    • level: 10

I'm hoping that we get a second round of picks, not confident about 'NFL Man', reckon he is just as likely to be thrown out early, especially if it becomes a female-dominated game

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

6. UnovaChampion - Hayden

7. ajporter12345 - Gervase

8. Colin_Rob_Rock - Candice

9. Cricketman_au - Brad

Edited on 08/22/2013 12:17pm

Dfan46

[12]Aug 22, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:

Dfan, I got you hooked about Big Brother? And of course I'd like to see Outwit Outlast Outpredict this year, but no pressure

And yes, same to me no spoliers. How do people even know about spoilers anyway???

Yeah, I checked it out after you mentioned you might start up a game on the forums - now I have another guilty pleasure to hold me over 'til Survivor returns.

I just posted the new Outlast, Outwit, & Outpredict game btw - was gonna wait until Jeff Probst's cast assessment was released but I got excited and posted it anyway lol. Everybody on the board is welcome to join. Can't wait for both games (and the season) to start up!

skbrettbug

[13]Aug 22, 2013

Dfan46 wrote:

skbrettbug wrote:

Yeah, I checked it out after you mentioned you might start up a game on the forums - now I have another guilty pleasure to hold me over 'til Survivor returns.

I just posted the new Outlast, Outwit, & Outpredict game btw - was gonna wait until Jeff Probst's cast assessment was released but I got excited and posted it anyway lol. Everybody on the board is welcome to join. Can't wait for both games (and the season) to start up!

I think Big Brother is stupid this season. By the way I'll be typing some stuff from this forsaken iPad at school...the "amazing keyboard case" never seems to type it out correctly

And a question for you. I don't want the pool to continue to be something that you sign up for and don't really have much responsibility for the rest of the season, so I'm going to make it fun. Is anyone against me spicing it up a little (alright, maybe a lot).

Here is your first hint to guide you: You may not finish the pool with the same player you chose...

skbrettbug

[14]Aug 22, 2013

And I edited the first post with the nine players so far

And let's have a little commercial break, no? Amanda (dool_girl) and I will also be hosting an Amazing Race game on the Amazing Race forums. Please check it out, please! We need you

mcepin3

[15]Aug 22, 2013
    skbrettbug wrote:

Dfan46 wrote:

skbrettbug wrote:

I think Big Brother is stupid this season. By the way I'll be typing some stuff from this forsaken iPad at school...the "amazing keyboard case" never seems to type it out correctly

And a question for you. I don't want the pool to continue to be something that you sign up for and don't really have much responsibility for the rest of the season, so I'm going to make it fun. Is anyone against me spicing it up a little (alright, maybe a lot).

Here is your first hint to guide you: You may not finish the pool with the same player you chose...

Uuuu,may not finish the pool with the same player you chose...very interesting...I don't mind with what you will come up.

skbrettbug

[16]Aug 22, 2013

Great! I believe that my twists will make the season very fun

Dfan46

[18]Aug 22, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:

Dfan46 wrote:

skbrettbug wrote:

I agree with ya on BB. I've been rewatching older seasons on YouTube (apparently CBS hasn't caught on) and this current season is pretty underwhelming.

I'm looking forward to the twists as well. I think it's fitting that we get a couple curveballs thrown at us as well since there are so many in the show itself.

amazing_race

[19]Aug 23, 2013
    • level: 54

Cricketman_au wrote:

I'm hoping that we get a second round of picks, not confident about 'NFL Man', reckon he is just as likely to be thrown out early, especially if it becomes a female-dominated game

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

6. UnovaChampion - Hayden

7. ajporter12345 - Gervase

8. Colin_Rob_Rock - Candice

9. Cricketman_au - Brad

10. amazing_race - Marissa

amazing_race

[20]Aug 23, 2013
    • level: 54

Really do not like this cast to be frank...