Hello everybody, and welcome to the Survivor: Blood vs. Water Pool! My name is Brett, and my TV.com handle/username is "skbrettbug". I will be running the pool for this season.
First of all, I want to make something clear. When I post the above picture (Jeff Probst) on the top of a post, it means that I am going to say something important, as I am now.
This pool will be unlike any other pool, because it won't just let you sit back and watch what happens as I update the scores week after week. You're going to have to play an active part or you'll get....TRADED! Info is below.
THE POWER OF TRADING:
For this season of Survivor, you have the power to trade away your Survivor for another Survivor if you want. Here are the rules:
1. Any player in the pool may trade at any time, but they must all either PM me or post on the board that they are OK with making the trade. I only anticipate two-person trades, but feel free to include as many people in the trade as you want!
2. The Survivors that have not been picked yet will be sent to "TV.com Exile Island".
3. At some points in the pool, participants will be forced to trade, such as TODAY! How will this work? Info:
The "trader" will post three names of Survivors that they would like to have and the owners' usernames. After that, each requestee (who the trader picked) will have the opportunity to accept or decline the trade. The first person to accept the trade will trade his or her Survivor with the Trader's Survivor. However, it is very possible that all three participants decline the trade. In this case, the last person to respond will be required to trade his or her Survivor away in exchange for the Trader's Survivor. As I said in one of my hints, "[f]ailure to act/react quickly may result in consequences".
4. Someone may trade his or her player away for a player living on Exile Island at no cost. Someone who is forced to trade may do this as well for no cost.
5. At any point in the game, you can buy another player from Exile Island for the cheap price of...50 points! If you do this, you will own two players, and you may quickly gain those points back. You CAN enter the negatives in this game (for example, if I had 10 points and I bought a Survivor from Exile Island, I would then have -40 points). This price may go up or down depending on the frequency of purchases. There will also be auctions where you can purchase a Survivor from Exile Island for a cheaper price. You must have at least 1 point to purchase a Survivor from Exile Island. Also, you can not "sell" a player to Exile Island, but you can "drop" a Survivor, which means giving them away to Exile Island with nothing in return.
6. Each person may only have two players at most at any one point in the Pool. For example, if I bought someone from Exile Island, I would now have two players. If one of my two was voted out, I could buy another Survivor.
7. If someone is forced to trade and he or she has two Survivors, that person may evade the trade by "dropping" the Survivor.
8. There will be about 2-3 "challenges" at select points in the game. They will probably take less than 10 minutes to complete. The winners will receive special prizes, while the losers may receive something less than amazing.
This is going to be a very fast-paced pool, as the trading works in sync with the season. So we're going to have to be QUICK! Try to log on every day. I'm on all the time We can all do our part.
Since I have an obvious advantage in this pool, I will penalize myself accordingly. Of course, if my pick doesn't win, I don't need to!
If your original pick wins, you will receive 40 points.
This is a LOT of information, and I probably missed some big point PLEASE feel free to ask me any questions about the trading procedure and about anything else about the pool, or about life in general, on PM or the boards!
Oh...and one more thing. Two of you victims...er...participants...are going to have to TRADE your players away before the season even starts. More info on that: in Brett's next post. Stay tuned folks!