Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor: Blood vs. Water Pool!

skbrettbug

[41]Sep 7, 2013
    • level: 19

Hello everybody, and welcome to the Survivor: Blood vs. Water Pool! My name is Brett, and my TV.com handle/username is "skbrettbug". I will be running the pool for this season.

First of all, I want to make something clear. When I post the above picture (Jeff Probst) on the top of a post, it means that I am going to say something important, as I am now.

This pool will be unlike any other pool, because it won't just let you sit back and watch what happens as I update the scores week after week. You're going to have to play an active part or you'll get....TRADED! Info is below.

THE POWER OF TRADING:

For this season of Survivor, you have the power to trade away your Survivor for another Survivor if you want. Here are the rules:

1. Any player in the pool may trade at any time, but they must all either PM me or post on the board that they are OK with making the trade. I only anticipate two-person trades, but feel free to include as many people in the trade as you want!

2. The Survivors that have not been picked yet will be sent to "TV.com Exile Island".

3. At some points in the pool, participants will be forced to trade, such as TODAY! How will this work? Info:

The "trader" will post three names of Survivors that they would like to have and the owners' usernames. After that, each requestee (who the trader picked) will have the opportunity to accept or decline the trade. The first person to accept the trade will trade his or her Survivor with the Trader's Survivor. However, it is very possible that all three participants decline the trade. In this case, the last person to respond will be required to trade his or her Survivor away in exchange for the Trader's Survivor. As I said in one of my hints, "[f]ailure to act/react quickly may result in consequences".

4. Someone may trade his or her player away for a player living on Exile Island at no cost. Someone who is forced to trade may do this as well for no cost.

5. At any point in the game, you can buy another player from Exile Island for the cheap price of...50 points! If you do this, you will own two players, and you may quickly gain those points back. You CAN enter the negatives in this game (for example, if I had 10 points and I bought a Survivor from Exile Island, I would then have -40 points). This price may go up or down depending on the frequency of purchases. There will also be auctions where you can purchase a Survivor from Exile Island for a cheaper price. You must have at least 1 point to purchase a Survivor from Exile Island. Also, you can not "sell" a player to Exile Island, but you can "drop" a Survivor, which means giving them away to Exile Island with nothing in return.

6. Each person may only have two players at most at any one point in the Pool. For example, if I bought someone from Exile Island, I would now have two players. If one of my two was voted out, I could buy another Survivor.

7. If someone is forced to trade and he or she has two Survivors, that person may evade the trade by "dropping" the Survivor.

8. There will be about 2-3 "challenges" at select points in the game. They will probably take less than 10 minutes to complete. The winners will receive special prizes, while the losers may receive something less than amazing.

This is going to be a very fast-paced pool, as the trading works in sync with the season. So we're going to have to be QUICK! Try to log on every day. I'm on all the time We can all do our part.

Since I have an obvious advantage in this pool, I will penalize myself accordingly. Of course, if my pick doesn't win, I don't need to!

If your original pick wins, you will receive 40 points.

This is a LOT of information, and I probably missed some big point PLEASE feel free to ask me any questions about the trading procedure and about anything else about the pool, or about life in general, on PM or the boards!

Oh...and one more thing. Two of you victims...er...participants...are going to have to TRADE your players away before the season even starts. More info on that: in Brett's next post. Stay tuned folks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[42]Sep 7, 2013

Mjb427 sent me a PM about wanting Laura, but I couldn't tell which one...

Updated List with Exile Island:

1. skbrettbug - Rupert

2. Taylorg8 - Monica

3. Dfan46 - Tyson

4. mcepin3 - Vytas

5. anthem47 - John

6. UnovaChampion - Hayden

7. ajporter12345 - Gervase

8. Colin_Rob_Rock - Candice

9. Cricketman_au - Brad

10. amazing_race - Marissa

11. geoffmaze - Aras

12. macdaddy17 - Kat

13. cheesepuffy - Ciera

14. AdaHui - Rachel

15. dool_girl - Tina

16. mjb427 - Laura

Exile Island:

1. Caleb

2. Colton

3. Rachel

4. Other Laura

skbrettbug

[43]Sep 7, 2013

Ladies and gentlemen of the Pool:

It is time for the first two trades. The names of the people who are trading this week were not determined by me, they were determined by YOU!

On August 24, I asked for two volunteers to give me a number between 1 and 20. Mcepin said his number was 18, and Colin_Rob_Rock said that his number is 13.

I subtracted each of those numbers from 21, and the two people with those numbers to the left of their name will be forced to trade!

21-13=8, and Number 8 is....

Colin_Rob_Rock! Coincidentally, that was the number you picked, directly after saying "I hope this doesn't hurt me..." Ouch!

So please post the names of the three players that you would like to have by Monday, September 9, at 7:00 PM Central Daylight Time (UTC-5 for you international folks).

Of course you can trade with someone from Exile Island, and you can skip all the negotiations and the such.

The second trader's number is 21-18 which equals 3...

And 3 belongs to...

Dfan! Sam, I'm sorry bud. You are the second trader. Hang tight for now, but in case you wish to know, those picks have gotta be up by Friday, Sept 14 at the latest (date is tentative). Please wait to post your picks until the first trade is complete, or if you want you can PM me and I'll put them up

And one more announcement: YOU WANT POINTS! We're not just gonna give the winning position to the winner, we're also going to designate a winner before the final episode...no points for 1st through 5th in the alternate drawing. So make sure to stay active and play often!

Quick recap: Traders are CR and Sam, 1st trade due by Monday night, 2nd trade may begin Friday.

mcepin3

[44]Sep 7, 2013
    • level: 17

I like addition of Exile Island I wonder,if others visit daily or at least once every 2 days. Seems this pool will be alot of fun.

skbrettbug

[45]Sep 7, 2013

Thanks buddy!

Colin_Rob_Rock

[46]Sep 7, 2013
    • level: 10

Me and my big mouth. But this might work out for me.

My first choice is anthem47 - John (who was my first choice from the beginning)

My next choice is Dfan47 - Tyson (Sam you also have to trade so if anthem47 doesn't agree to the trade for JohnI will gladly give you back Tyson

My next choice isUnovaChampion- Hayden

Hopefully anthem47 checks this. Or maybe not so if the other 2 decline I automatically get John.

skbrettbug

[47]Sep 8, 2013

Okay, it doesn't matter in what order you guys accept or decline as long as you are on my list

skbrettbug

[48]Sep 8, 2013

Aaaand, one more thing. The three people in the hot seat gotta accept or decline by Wednesday or Thursday. Of course I would love it if you did it before then!

skbrettbug

[49]Sep 11, 2013

Well.

This is nowhere near the activity level I expected there to be. Nobody's at fault but me for expecting it. I usually have low expectations in life but this time i didn't haha

So, I will have to change the rules if nobody posts. You guys have about 24 more hours to show that you're alive And if nobody posts by then I will explain what's gonna happen.

Fair?

Dfan46

[50]Sep 11, 2013
    • level: 15

I'll go ahead and swap with ya CR. I was holding off on responding in case anthem47 wanted to swap John with ya. Since I'm the next trader should I go ahead and post my picks Brett?

skbrettbug

[51]Sep 11, 2013
    If you really don't want to swap you have to but sure.
    And post your pick whener you're ready

Dfan46

[52]Sep 11, 2013
    • level: 15

I'll give it a shot. Here are my picks:

My first choice is Vytas (mcepin3)

My second choice is Gervase (ajporter12345)

And I'll make my third choice Tyson (Colin_Rob_Rock) in case the others don't check back in time, CR and I can swap again.

Things should pick up once the season starts (less than a week away now!)

anthem47

[53]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 6

Eep, sorry for the non-reply, I like the plans but I wasn't expecting any activity before the 18th. That's all right, I'm all up to speed now! And yeah I'm thankful to Dfan for letting me off the hook, I'd like to hold onto him for now, at least long enough to get a first impression (I may within the first episode realise I've made a huge mistake, haha).

Edited on 09/12/2013 1:38am

mcepin3

[54]Sep 12, 2013

Did Dfan46 and Colin_Rob_Rock swapped their picks or not? IfDfan46 got Candice,I will have to decline I really don't want her at any point in the game ,but if I get her later in game no problem,just don't wanna start off with her.

If you have Tyson we can swap.

Edited on 09/12/2013 4:01am

skbrettbug

[55]Sep 12, 2013
    Thanks Dfan
    And Anthem, that's OK! I completely understand. btw I think you're not from the US, as you may have said it, what country are you from?

And now AJ and CR have to decline or accept

Colin_Rob_Rock

[56]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 10

Like I said before I would rather have Candice so if you want Tyson back I accept. Unless you want to wait to see what AJ says.

Edited on 09/12/2013 8:48am

UnovaChampion

[57]Sep 12, 2013
    I decline, sticking with Hayden for the long haul.

skbrettbug

[58]Sep 12, 2013
    I missed you Brendan!

skbrettbug

[59]Sep 12, 2013

By the way Brendan the trade with you is over

ajporter12345

[60]Sep 12, 2013
    • level: 25
    I decline.