Since the premiere of Survivor Cagayan is only a little over a month away I figured I'd start a new topic to try to get the boards buzzing before the new season airs. Although it's been confirmed that there will be no returning players this season, I thought it might be fun for us to cast the season as if it were composed of former contestants (Rob C.'s recent podcast was the inspiration for this, in case any of you are subscribers). Thanks to last season's reunion, we know that there will be 3 tribes made up of players that exhibit certain uh..."characteristics" - either Brains, Beauty, or Brawn so with this in mind, pick 3 males & 3 females for each tribe and feel free to list off you're reasoning for the placement of the players.
1. Yul Kwon (Cook Islands) - suitable for any of the 3 tribes but his smarts definitely got him to the end.
2. Bob Crawley (Gabon) - the first player to create 2 fake HII. That alone deserves placement among the brains.
3. John Cochran (Caramoan) - redeemed himself in his second go-around - eliminated the other threats of his season and really gave one of the best FTC performances IMO
4. Sophie Clarke (South Pacific) - slightly abrasive, but understood her tribe dynamics and knew how to exploit them (sticking with Coach's alliance, making Albert look like an a**)
5. Laura Alexander (Caramoan) - Didn't last very long but clearly demonstrated she was a strategic player
6. Denise Stapley (Philippines) - I'm inclined to slot her under brawn since she dominated the challenges, but managing to attend every TC and not get the boot is a testament to her mental prowess
1. Ashley Underwood (Redemption Island) - A Rob Zombie whose only focus while on her season seemed to be removing the hair from underneath her arms.
2. Chelsea Meissner (One World) - This one actually had a brain, but her defining moment was convincing Tarzan she wasn't upset about her boob job.
3. Taj Johnson-George (Tocantis) - A beauty inside and out. There has to be one redeeming female on this tribe.
4. Marcus Lehman (Gabon) - I think even at one point during his season, Jeff called him out for being too good-looking.
5. Reynold Toepfer (Caramoan) - one of the founding members of the "cool-kids" alliance. (Groans) To his credit, at least he didn't dream up the idea of a dog bar.
6. Mike Chiesl (Redemption Island) - come on, his last name even sounds like chisel(ed)!
1. Brad Culpepper (Blood vs. Water) - overcompensates with physical strength for having nothing going on upstairs
2. Hayden Moss (Blood vs. Water) - a self-described meat-head. Need I say more?
3. Malcolm Freberg (Caramoan) - could really fall under any of the 3, but his competitiveness in the challenges makes me slot him here
4. RC Saint-Amour (Philippines) - beast in the water and an all-around solid competitor. If only we could do something about that laugh...
5. Christine Shields (South Pacific) - dominated RI until boneheaded Ozzy sent her packing
6. Crystal Cox (Gabon) - "Get some!" That is all.