We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan: Brains, Beauty, & Brawn - Let's Cast It!

Dfan46

[1]Jan 19, 2014
    • level: 15

Hey everybody!

Since the premiere of Survivor Cagayan is only a little over a month away I figured I'd start a new topic to try to get the boards buzzing before the new season airs. Although it's been confirmed that there will be no returning players this season, I thought it might be fun for us to cast the season as if it were composed of former contestants (Rob C.'s recent podcast was the inspiration for this, in case any of you are subscribers). Thanks to last season's reunion, we know that there will be 3 tribes made up of players that exhibit certain uh..."characteristics" - either Brains, Beauty, or Brawn so with this in mind, pick 3 males & 3 females for each tribe and feel free to list off you're reasoning for the placement of the players.

Brains:

1. Yul Kwon (Cook Islands) - suitable for any of the 3 tribes but his smarts definitely got him to the end.

2. Bob Crawley (Gabon) - the first player to create 2 fake HII. That alone deserves placement among the brains.

3. John Cochran (Caramoan) - redeemed himself in his second go-around - eliminated the other threats of his season and really gave one of the best FTC performances IMO

4. Sophie Clarke (South Pacific) - slightly abrasive, but understood her tribe dynamics and knew how to exploit them (sticking with Coach's alliance, making Albert look like an a**)

5. Laura Alexander (Caramoan) - Didn't last very long but clearly demonstrated she was a strategic player

6. Denise Stapley (Philippines) - I'm inclined to slot her under brawn since she dominated the challenges, but managing to attend every TC and not get the boot is a testament to her mental prowess

Beauty:

1. Ashley Underwood (Redemption Island) - A Rob Zombie whose only focus while on her season seemed to be removing the hair from underneath her arms.

2. Chelsea Meissner (One World) - This one actually had a brain, but her defining moment was convincing Tarzan she wasn't upset about her boob job.

3. Taj Johnson-George (Tocantis) - A beauty inside and out. There has to be one redeeming female on this tribe.

4. Marcus Lehman (Gabon) - I think even at one point during his season, Jeff called him out for being too good-looking.

5. Reynold Toepfer (Caramoan) - one of the founding members of the "cool-kids" alliance. (Groans) To his credit, at least he didn't dream up the idea of a dog bar.

6. Mike Chiesl (Redemption Island) - come on, his last name even sounds like chisel(ed)!

Brawn:

1. Brad Culpepper (Blood vs. Water) - overcompensates with physical strength for having nothing going on upstairs

2. Hayden Moss (Blood vs. Water) - a self-described meat-head. Need I say more?

3. Malcolm Freberg (Caramoan) - could really fall under any of the 3, but his competitiveness in the challenges makes me slot him here

4. RC Saint-Amour (Philippines) - beast in the water and an all-around solid competitor. If only we could do something about that laugh...

5. Christine Shields (South Pacific) - dominated RI until boneheaded Ozzy sent her packing

6. Crystal Cox (Gabon) - "Get some!" That is all.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Jan 19, 2014
    • level: 20

I like this, Sam. It was tricky though!

Brains:

1. Bob Crowley

2. Russell (ugh)

3. Natalie White

4. Ace Gordon

5. Erinn Lobdell?

6. And of course Cochran

Brawn:

1. J.T. (Tocantins)

2. Tyson

3. Marcus Lehman

4. Cirie - Just to troll the viewers

5.Kim Spradlin (I guess)

6. Christine (you beat me to it)

Beauty:

1. Kelly Czarnecki - Lived in the same town as me for a while!

2. Andrea Boelkhe - Nuff said.

3. Brenda - See Andrea

4. Eddie (picking out guys is gonna be hard for me)

5. Chase Rice

6. Fabio

joepetrizzo7

[3]Jan 20, 2014
    • level: 12
    Interesting... Let's see.

Beauty:
    1. Jenna Morasca - Amazon - got naked for Oreos
    2.Natalie Bolton - Micronesia - definitely the bad girl of the Black Widow Brigade
    3. Kat Edorsson - One World - really shallow about her looks
    4. Greg Buis - Borneo - model
    5. Fabio Birza - Nicaragua - model and his nickname is Fabio
    6. J.P. Calderon - Cook Islands - model (notice my qualifications for the men of this category)

Brains:
    1. Cirie Fields - Panama - fantastic strategist
    2. Stacy Kimball - Fiji - I thought that whole Edgardo thing was genius
    3. Sophie Clark - South Pacific - loved how she used Coach
    4. Rob Cesternino - Amazon - self-proclaimed evil genius 5. Yul Kwon - Cook Islands - he's smart... running out of things to say
    6. Bob Crawley - Gabon - created two fake idols, a physics teacher

Brawn:
    1. Laura Morett - Samoa - dominates in challenges
    2. Alicia Calaway - Australia - look at her. She's buff.
    3. Parvati Shallow - Cook Islands - also dominates in challenges. Really could have been on any tribe
    4. Colby Donaldson - Australia - master of challenges in the original season
    5. Pete Yurkowski - Philippines - lives in the town next to me and I see his name every time I go to the movies. 6. Ozzy Lusth - Cook Islands - isn't obvious?

Colin_Rob_Rock

[4]Jan 21, 2014

First Brett who is Kelly Czarnecki. Is she from Samoa.

Before I post my list I'll point out that I don't like winners coming back so there is only one on the list even though they fit the list well. Also there are some that I think would be good on the list but 4 times or having said multiple times that they are done I left them off such as Boston Rob, Rupert and Parvati among a few others.

Brain:

Rob Cesternino = He played a great game in Amazon andleft way to early on All-Stars. He is a great strategist and would be fun to watch again

Malcolm Freeberg= He wouldfit into any tribe really but I put him here to free up room in the others. He was good at strategy and it was his doing that finally got Phil booted so he gets major points for that.

John Cody = He was great at Puzzle Island and only lost because of a task made for smaller people. He was good at the game (except for trusting the guy who probably never made a good decision in his in his life from choice of career to choice of wife but then again stupid is as stupid does.)

LauraMorett = despite how much I hate her she was pretty good at puzzles and that's as much compliment on her as I can muster.

Brenda Lowe = She is a good player with a heart of gold who I think needs to rely more on her mind then her heart.

Kim Spardin = The only former winner to make the list she ran the game and kept her eye on the prize and I think she deserves the chance to prove if she really is a good player or was just lucky that she was with the dumbest cast EVER. I mean one tribe gave up immunity and the other liked Colton complete and udder idiots.

Brawn:

Terry Dietz = I don't know if he can still do it after 8 years? but he was great at challenges and was robbed on the last challenge.

Ozzy Lusth= The moment I heard Brawn the first person that came to me was The Wizard of Oz. To me he embodies the brawn tribe. Complete physical challenge dominance. He is Fish Boy.

Reynold = He was good at challenges and funny and he annoyed Dawn which is a plus.

Kelly Wigglesworth = She was great at challenges and it would be a nice call back after 13 and a half years. The game has changed since she dominated the challenges lets see if she's still got it.

Heidi Stroble= While she would be great in the Beauty Tribe I put her here because she is a gym teacher and good at challenges.

Andrea Boheke = Once again a beauty but I needed to fill a spot here. And she is a out door girl.

Beauty:

Adam Gentry = He was good and in my mind it would be funny for him to square of against John Cody. And another shout out to Candice who I would like to see but I don't think bothof them again would work again.

Marcus = This was a hard one for me to do. He was OK looking I guess so why not.

Chase Rice = He would it in the brawn as well but this is where I put him. He played well and got a lot of jack for no reason I saw.

Whitney = She was a good player who got the short end of the stick because ofthe dumbest smart guy to ever be on the show. And Easy on the eyes to.

Mikayla = Once again good player who got the shot end of the stick this time because Brandon is a psychopath. Hot as well.

Chelsea Meisner = She was a great player who was over shadowed by Kim and Just look at her.

skbrettbug

[5]Jan 21, 2014
    Kelly was from Gabon s17. She worked at Dominick's (RIP)

amazing_race

[8]Jan 22, 2014
    • level: 55

Very interesting concept!

Bearing in mind I haven't seen all seasons just yet (working on it though!) here's mine:

Brains:

1. Cirie Fields - definitely a solid strategist and intelligent person all round!

2. Marcus Lehman - I've seen others include him in both the Brawn and Beauty tribe but in the reunion Jeff did mention he had the highest IQ of his season, so why not?

3. Brenda Lowe - clearly intelligent and very under-the-radar in Caramoan sadly.

4. Ace Gordon - can't seem to think of male brains atm but I noticed Ace on someone's list and I tend to agree!

5. Eliza Orlins - smart girl, smart strategist.

6. Yul Kwon - it's late and the last one and I'm struggling to think of one and some of the people on the above lists I can't stand so I went with Yul since he's brilliant.

EXTRA ONE: I'd be very happy to replace any of those girls with Tracy Hughes-Wolf, the best Survivor player never to reach the merge. She's responsible for destroying some of the biggest names from the original Fans tribe despite being in a constant minority. I would LOVE to see her play again!

Brawn:

1. Stephenie LaGrossa - lock her in for brawn NOW.

2. James Clement - is this not self-explanatory?

3. Monica Culpepper - challenge FORCE - she was the only thiing that gave the swapped Manono tribe any chance and they voted her off. She also blitzed the challenges on BvW.

4. Colby Donaldson - very good on Australia and maybe he needs redemptin after HvV?

5. Crystal Cox - this girl is a pure beast and similarly to Colby, maybe she needs another chance to prove it!

6. James "J.T." Thomas - I feel kinda stupid for all three males in this tribe being from HvV but how can you look past JT, honestly?

Beauty:

1. Andrea Boehlke - nobody is better qualified... LBR.

2. Adam Gentry - another person I saw on a previous list and a very good choice.

3. Abi-Maria Gomes - I think we need a slightly older "beauty" so why not? Plus she's one of my all-time faves!

4. Eddie Fox- I'm not being very creative with the male choices for this tribe lol, but yeah.

5. Parvati Shallow or Natalie Bolton - Parvati is the obvious choice being a superstar of this game and she's suitable for all three tribes but if we want to go with a more subtle option, Natalie is fierce!

6. Chase Rice - just to fill the last spot so I can go to bed now.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[9]Jan 22, 2014

Iconsidered a lot of the ones you said I didn't put Colby because while he is my third favorite Contestant I don't think he can be the same force he was in season 2. I didn't put Parvati because she said that she is done now that she joined the media. James I Don't know how I skipped over him. Stephanie I was going to put but I was afraid of a lynch mob.

The actual cast he been reveled!

joepetrizzo7

[10]Jan 22, 2014
    I almost put James on the brawn tribe, but he keeps getting injured and suddenly he is no longer brawn.

skbrettbug

[11]Jan 22, 2014

Yep take a look here for the new cast!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor:_Cagayan

amazing_race

[12]Jan 23, 2014

Oh I forgot to include Sierra Reed on the Beauty tribe. Would love to see her again.

New cast looks interesting - my early favourites are Jefra, Sarah, Trish and Garrett. A couple of other decent ones too!

amazing_race

[13]Jan 23, 2014

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

Iconsidered a lot of the ones you said I didn't put Colby because while he is my third favorite Contestant I don't think he can be the same force he was in season 2. I didn't put Parvati because she said that she is done now that she joined the media. James I Don't know how I skipped over him. Stephanie I was going to put but I was afraid of a lynch mob.

The actual cast he been reveled!

I agree about Colby definitely but I wasn't feeling very creative at 3am when I made my list lol.

I really want to see Stephenie play again - I've been watching Survivor Palau for the first time this week - she's an absolute force despite her tribe's performance lol. And she's a star on Guatemala too. I wish she did better in HvV.

mcepin3

[14]Jan 23, 2014
    • level: 17

I think it was Yao-man,who started with fake idols. But Bob really took an effort to make it look like idol.

BRAINS:

1. Cirie - I am glad some people mentioned her,because have you seen her seasons?? Exile Island,she was on outs with her tribe,after 4 tribes became 2 and she almost made it to the end. Shane's words: "I don't care,who gets voted out,because whoever doesn't get voted out this week,they'll be gone next." Fans vs Favs...again same deal..on outs,but with her brain she got out Ozzy,Erik and all the big dogs. SHE DID IT!

2. Bob - for same reasons few already posted

3. (almost put Laura M. here,but that would mean I wanna watch her face again and listen to her bs...NO F-ING WAY..I do give her credit for being beast in challenges...puzzles also count as challenges) Sandra - I know people will laugh now, but her strategy got her to end and she won 2x.

4. Randy - again people will laugh,but he was great in Gabon. Knew where idol was on that reward, tricked Ace into stoping in that challenge,where they were blindfolded. Probst also said on reunion he high iq or something about his education

5. Vytas - he was only guy on all girls alliance and still stayed. Plus he is some great mathematican,plays chess,...

6. Cochran - need I say more? Best play is being yourself play. Even when he win challenges and kinda rubbed it into people's face,they loved him even more, because of it. If Malcolm did that dance or any other,they would probably get hated,but not Cochran. Also in his first season,he made Probst start calling him Cochran instead of John or something else and that was from get-go

BEAUTY

1. Caleb - been dying to post this...only because of Vytas's words "You have great skin Caleb" I know,that might not qualify for beauty,but it kinda does,doesn't it??

2. Andrea - agreeing with others

3. Brenda - yummy

4. Mikayla- agreeing with others

5. Parvati - if season started,let's be honest...she would be in Beauty tribe. But she proved herself to be "the whole package".

6. Coleen - don't know,if all know her,but she was from first season

BRAWN

1. Ozzy- ...u know it...

2. Yao-man - he did great in his first season in challenges. On Fans vs Favs he was too big of a threat from get-go..really shame

3. Terry - I think he was really awsome at challenges

4. Tom - if I remember right,he did great in some challenges. Plus he made challenge last 12h!!!

5. Matt - had an impresive run on Redemption Island

6. Colby - he was also great in challenges

Colin_Rob_Rock

[15]Jan 23, 2014

@Amazing Race I agree About Stephanie she is my favorite female contestant not married to Boston Rob. I loved her all three times and don't understand why people say it was her evil twin at Guatemala. I also made my list at 3am.

@Mcepin I agree about Laura but I felt I should acknowledge her puzzle prowess. As for Cirie She lasted long in Exile island because her tribe won most of the challenges and the one they lost Bobby was to annoying to stay.Then was the merge and the other tribe was the target. Then she was viewed as a non-threat.

As forFans vs Favorites she wasn't onthe outsshe was playing both sides and then she just joined Parvs Girl Power. Convincing the tribe to vote Ozzy wasn't that hard because they all know how good he is at challanges. And I believe it was Parvati's plan to trick Erik. My favorite part of HvV was whenshe got voted out and I didn't have to listen to her talk anymore. Most over rated Player in Survivor.

Oh and my early favorites are Jefra, Garrett, Morgan, Sarah. And i'm disappointed in my self to say that I kind of like Spencer. There are already a few I don't like such as Kass, Lindsey andAlexis. The others can really go either way.

Edited on 01/23/2014 10:14am

skbrettbug

[16]Jan 23, 2014
    Yes Stephanie was amazing and now underrated because she had three appearances.

Crazy post/Idea: we should have an "off topic" area to post about life, sports, other shows and maybe that will draw in more viewers and captivate interest

Thoughts?

Taylorg8

[17]Jan 23, 2014
    • level: 13
    I loved Stephenie on Palau, but I found her to be unlikable in Guatemala! She played a pretty good game, but Danni deserved that win over her so much! Danni played a very smart game and made sure she looked good while Stephenie wasn't well liked and self-destructed at final tribal. I would love to see Danni back. Apparently she will only come back for an all winners' season?

I think Alexis is beautiful! I think Lindsey is too for some reason. I like Garrett and Spencer. I have to watch their individual interview videos still instead if judging by appearance. The only one I only know anything about is Spencer is a villainous-type from the cast preview video. I like the your lists too. When will these prediction games start? Also, I really hope when the cast for TAR is announced, I get the team I want!

mcepin3

[18]Jan 23, 2014

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

@Amazing Race I agree About Stephanie she is my favorite female contestant not married to Boston Rob. I loved her all three times and don't understand why people say it was her evil twin at Guatemala. I also made my list at 3am.

@Mcepin I agree about Laura but I felt I should acknowledge her puzzle prowess. As for Cirie She lasted long in Exile island because her tribe won most of the challenges and the one they lost Bobby was to annoying to stay.Then was the merge and the other tribe was the target. Then she was viewed as a non-threat.

As forFans vs Favorites she wasn't onthe outsshe was playing both sides and then she just joined Parvs Girl Power. Convincing the tribe to vote Ozzy wasn't that hard because they all know how good he is at challanges. And I believe it was Parvati's plan to trick Erik. My favorite part of HvV was whenshe got voted out and I didn't have to listen to her talk anymore. Most over rated Player in Survivor.

Oh and my early favorites are Jefra, Garrett, Morgan, Sarah. And i'm disappointed in my self to say that I kind of like Spencer. There are already a few I don't like such as Kass, Lindsey andAlexis. The others can really go either way.

Yeah they kept winning,but Cirie also won them over with her personality,hard work,etc. On Fans vs Favs she was on outside. Ozzy and Amanda,Parvati and James were 2 couples and 4 as alliance,they needed 5th. Fairplay,Amy,Yao-man and forgot,who was 4th there also needed 5th. Fairplay left,so it was down to 9. I forgot 2 names,but each side needed 5th and that 5th was Cirie. Cirie went with couples,because she viewed Yao-man as big threat and got rid of him. Girls were ready to vote one of their own out,when Cirie said,that Natalie should ask Erik,if he would give her immunity necklace. Natalie was like "who would be this dumb" and Cirie was something like " it will make him look good in jury",then the rest just grasped that last straw and chime in.

Edited on 01/23/2014 3:33pm

Colin_Rob_Rock

[19]Jan 23, 2014

mcepin3 wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

Yeah they kept winning,but Cirie also won them over with her personality,hard work,etc. On Fans vs Favs she was on outside. Ozzy and Amanda,Parvati and James were 2 couples and 4 as alliance,they needed 5th. Fairplay,Amy,Yao-man and forgot,who was 4th there also needed 5th. Fairplay left,so it was down to 9. I forgot 2 names,but each side needed 5th and that 5th was Cirie. Cirie went with couples,because she viewed Yao-man as big threat and got rid of him. Girls were ready to vote one of their own out,when Cirie said,that Natalie should ask Erik,if he would give her immunity necklace. Natalie was like "who would be this dumb" and Cirie was something like " it will make him look good in jury",then the rest just grasped that last straw and chime in.

You forgot Penner and Eliza

mcepin3

[20]Jan 23, 2014

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

mcepin3 wrote:

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

You forgot Penner and Eliza

Oh right!!! Thank you. For the life of me,I couldn't remember their names.