Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan E1 Cops-R-Us discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Mar 5, 2014
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Cops-R-Us episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

After all the wild antics of the opening episode, I'd be willing to guess this ep. will be a bit more sedate especially if the previews are correct and rainplays a major role in things.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Mar 5, 2014
    • level: 19
    Go Red Sox! (lost today...again...thankfully it's just spring training)

Rain is one of the reasons I wouldn't want to be on this show

maritimer00

[3]Mar 5, 2014
    Man, watching the Brains tribe practice for the upcoming challenge is painful.

skbrettbug

[4]Mar 5, 2014
    Very painful.

But they won, and Morgan goes to TC now, please stay Morgan

I wouldn't be sad if Brice left...

skbrettbug

[5]Mar 5, 2014

That was a good episode. Three way tie wasn't as exciting as I wanted tho

'Nuff said.

maritimer00

[6]Mar 5, 2014
    Yeah, it was kinda lacking something given the potential. Maybe it was a vote that got more complicated than it needed to be.

joepetrizzo7

[7]Mar 5, 2014
    • level: 9
    That episode was like one from the old days when each person got screen time, there was strategy and survival.

mcepin3

[8]Mar 6, 2014
    • level: 17

I think it was a great episode. Ok,you say painfull to watch Brains practice for challenge,but I think it was smart. If they didn't practice,they'd be doing that ON challenge. And they showed them LEARNING it...I don't think anyone on Brains claimed to be pro at that. On challenge it seemed Tasha didn't know,how to throw bucket to J'Tia and that's where they lost most of water. Or she didn't have strength to throw it.

Sad that Beauty lost,but I am glad LJ is still in game. Damn Jefra saying his name...but it did expose alliances on Beauty and LJ got HII. I actually hoped Brice would stay for a little longer,but then again happy,that LJ still has numbers(at least for the time being). LJ,Sarah,Tasha and Woo are my favourite players atm and hoping they get merge and at least jury.

Tony is also smart...going for reward clues,while the rest just celebrate and do whatever.

I think I could handle rain,but rain and wind...that's a tough combo. If it's raining,ok you soaking wet and all,but when the wind is blowing like crazy,that's when it gets to you. Your "ass" starts freezing.

mcepin3

[9]Mar 6, 2014

Anyone know,why there's no After Show this season? it's already episode 3 or 2,depends how u look at it,but there's no After Show with Parvati of this season on cbs site.

anthem47

[10]Mar 6, 2014
    • level: 6

mcepin3 wrote:

I think I could handle rain,but rain and wind...that's a tough combo. If it's raining,ok you soaking wet and all,but when the wind is blowing like crazy,that's when it gets to you. Your "ass" starts freezing.

That's the thing, I kept on focusing on Trish's line that they hadn't slept since the sun went down at 6.30 the day before. At first it doesn't sound too bad but when you think about it, 12 hours is a long time to sit and shiver in the rain, in silence (I assume they weren't very chatty by that point), unable to sleep. It would be so draining, I don't know how they even function during challenges.

Anyway, great episode! It feels there isn't a wasted cast member this season, everyone had a part to play (maybe a few from Brawn but none of them strike me as people that will stay in the background for long). It was good to see Brains make a comeback, just to avoid the next few episodes being really predictable.

I'm still stunned that the girls on Brains were talking about an all girls alliance. Against who, Spencer? You're doing this completely backward! Let's focus on not losing for now.

skbrettbug

[11]Mar 6, 2014
    anthem47 wrote:

mcepin3 wrote:

That's the thing, I kept on focusing on Trish's line that they hadn't slept since the sun went down at 6.30 the day before. At first it doesn't sound too bad but when you think about it, 12 hours is a long time to sit and shiver in the rain, in silence (I assume they weren't very chatty by that point), unable to sleep. It would be so draining, I don't know how they even function during challenges.

Anyway, great episode! It feels there isn't a wasted cast member this season, everyone had a part to play (maybe a few from Brawn but none of them strike me as people that will stay in the background for long). It was good to see Brains make a comeback, just to avoid the next few episodes being really predictable.

I'm still stunned that the girls on Brains were talking about an all girls alliance. Against who, Spencer? You're doing this completely backward! Let's focus on not losing for now.

Wind chills!

I agree about the casting thing, and Brains alliance would be dumb

amazing_race

[12]Mar 6, 2014
    • level: 53

I'm just really enjoying the season so far. I can't get enough of Tony's antics and I really love Sarah.

Can't wait for next week - I wonder if Brawn will actually throw! But against who!?

joepetrizzo7

[13]Mar 6, 2014
    • level: 9
    I thinking Sarah says to through the challenge to get rid of "him. She was speaking to Woo so the only other men are Tony and Cliff and I can't imagine Woo wants to get rid of Cliff. It is possible that Tony tells Sarah that he has the HII and it is a trick to get rid of Cliff or Lindsey. I don't think Tony will betray Sarah despite his antics and his overall created shady persona. I wish we knew more about how Beauty lost the challenge, it didn't really show them struggling with the puzzle. LJ has shown his expertise at puzzles so maybe it was Jeremiah. I feel like LJ is on the wrong tribe, he doesn't really exert stereotypical male beauty.

mcepin3

[14]Mar 6, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    I thinking Sarah says to through the challenge to get rid of "him. She was speaking to Woo so the only other men are Tony and Cliff and I can't imagine Woo wants to get rid of Cliff. It is possible that Tony tells Sarah that he has the HII and it is a trick to get rid of Cliff or Lindsey. I don't think Tony will betray Sarah despite his antics and his overall created shady persona. I wish we knew more about how Beauty lost the challenge, it didn't really show them struggling with the puzzle. LJ has shown his expertise at puzzles so maybe it was Jeremiah. I feel like LJ is on the wrong tribe, he doesn't really exert stereotypical male beauty.

Nah,boys knew what to do on puzzle,they just didn't have timing. There are some sections in puzzle/maze,where ball needed to go and it missed that spot.

If Tony is undercover cop,his words means nothing He is used to giving his word to anyone,but it has no weight or meaning to him. I think Sarah could also be refering to Tony,but she is gung-ho on "blue blood" and she gave her word on that. Unless she learns Tony was full of bs with her. Or she told Woo what he wanted to hear?

Wasn't Lindsey's reaction funny,when they won?

Dfan46

[15]Mar 6, 2014
    • level: 15

mcepin3 wrote:

Anyone know,why there's no After Show this season? it's already episode 3 or 2,depends how u look at it,but there's no After Show with Parvati of this season on cbs site.

I believe it's been retooled as Survivor Live - the first two segments are on CBS.com. I'm not really a fan of the format changes, the set-up is really claustrophobic and it just looks like they keep scaling back with it each year (not to mention David and Garrett were total pricks when they were on as guests).

Btw Matjaz, are you gonna get back involved in the OOO game? I have a feeling I'm gonna need your memory at some point this season when I don't pick up on the quotes.

skbrettbug

[16]Mar 6, 2014
    I do think brawn would throw it, they aren't brains for a reason...

This is an awesome season!!

mcepin3

[17]Mar 6, 2014

Dfan46 wrote:

mcepin3 wrote:

I believe it's been retooled as Survivor Live - the first two segments are on CBS.com. I'm not really a fan of the format changes, the set-up is really claustrophobic and it just looks like they keep scaling back with it each year (not to mention David and Garrett were total pricks when they were on as guests).

Btw Matjaz, are you gonna get back involved in the OOO game? I have a feeling I'm gonna need your memory at some point this season when I don't pick up on the quotes.

Ah,ok cool gonna check that out then. Yeah,I'll post my predictions on saturday...for first episode I missed it on purpose,but forgot for this one,got ur mail,but by then was too late to post,when I read it.

Rewatched episode and there's a scene with Sarah at start about Tony and cops and when she says something like "he is loyal to cops*and here comes that strange,shady sound,meaning like..well shady,as in he ain't gonna be loyal to Sarah* and you better believe I am gonna stick ...."

Also love,how Brains tribe just went crazy of joy,when they won that challenge

Dfan46

[18]Mar 6, 2014
    • level: 15

:
    Also love,how Brains tribe just went crazy of joy,when they won that challenge

I totally agree with ya on that. J'Tia really rubbed me the wrong way with the rice incident in the premiere but I thought it was pretty cool to see her moved to tears over winning.

amazing_race

[19]Mar 9, 2014
    • level: 53

J'Tia's audacity in saying "I'm gonna go make some rice" - I found that REALLY hilarious.