Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan E12 Straw That Broke The Camel's Back discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]May 14, 2014
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Straw That Broke The Camel's Back episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]May 14, 2014
    Well, Tony pretty much sealed his fate with his actions this episode. Even if he gets to the final three and council, can't see the jury givng him the win. To me, it's going to come down to either Woo or Spencer...former hasn't made many enemies and the latter has played the best game out of everyone yet will come up just short possibly.

joepetrizzo7

[3]May 14, 2014
    • level: 8
    I think it would be awful if Woo beat Spencer. Kass is pretty much a shoe in to make the final and receive no votes. The jury didn't seem to like her actions at tribal council, although I think Trish was just asking for it. She had some nerve trying to tell Kass she played a lousy game when Trish continued to trust Tony.

mcepin3

[4]May 15, 2014
    • level: 16

Wow Tony just got rid of his only ally. I thought he'll be smart enough to play it for Trish,but it's kinda like he also didn't want to go with her to the end. I felt like Trish was "Monica or Gervase" to Tony(Tyson),so he would take her to the end and jury would see her as being just a Tony's "puppet",so that is one less person to worry about winning.

Woo or Kass should know they can't beat Spence...wait,let me correct this...Kass should know she can't beat Spence Woo is making moves,but I don't think he'll get any vote,if he's in finals.

Was funny to see Kass being called out on playing both sides,when Tony was doing that the whole game.

anthem47

[5]May 15, 2014
    • level: 6

I am still stunned that that happened. The entire episode I was thinking "well, Trish and Tony are safe thanks to the two idols", all the way up until Tony stood up and played it...on himself. I was like "but...what? Why would you do that?" I still can't process it. He had two idols, one had to be used on himself, Woo is clearly the only swing vote so Kass and Spence aren't voting for him, obviously you play the other one on Trish. How could this have happened? I mean I was happy, I didn't really like Tony or Trish, but...

The only possible rationale I can think of is that Tony didn't want Woo to see him shield himself and Trish, thereby making it clear where Woo sits in the pecking order. Or maybe he wanted to prove to Woo that he trusted him. Except, assuming it is still a Final 3, it wouldn't matter about the pecking order, or trust. With Tony and Trish in the Final 4, Woo couldn't flip even if he wanted to because he'd only have a 2-2 vote. It just doesn't...the logic...there is none...

I'll give Tony one thing, I only just noticed how much weight he lost since the first episode. He got so much thinner!

I'm glad this Final 5 got its own episode. It would have been a lot to pack into a typical Final 5 finale.

EDIT: I just remembered Tony's plan to pretend the special idol can be played up until Final 4. That might explain it. He was playing the regular one now, keeping up appearances so he can pretend the other one is still valid. Hmm, okay, fair enough. Not sure it's a great plan though.

Edited on 05/15/2014 4:21am

mcepin3

[6]May 15, 2014

Yeah he said that's his plan,but I think it would have been smarter to keep Trish. Unless he wanted her on jury,thinking he got her vote...problem is,that 3 people wanna get rid of him now and he is alone. I think Kass might side with him,just to get rid of Spence,but I don't know...these 2 are on some ego trip...that "fight" they had at tribal was priceless to watch.

And it seems final 2 might be true. If it is gonna be final 2,then it's long overdue and it should make for a doozy 2h of Survivor. I can't imagine them voting out only 1 person on 2h finale. It could be easily done,throw reward challenge,show them schemeing,bla,bla,bla..immuinty,then tribal...then that torch ceremony(hope there isn't one),tribal,jury and end.

Are they gonna have loved ones visit? I can't imagine why Tony would cry,unless it's a challenge he loses and is sent home

UnovaChampion

[7]May 15, 2014
    Trish got exactly what she deserved. Especially that doozy of a middle finger. Loved Kass in this episode and am continuing to support Woo.

Woo wins next immunity for sure and Spencer is the first casualty of the finale. Then Woo wins again and takes Kass to the F2. If that happens I don't care how they vote, they'll likely lean towards Woo but if Kass's game is successfully respected she'll also make an interesting winner.

And here I thought this season was over when Jefra left. I'm thorougly satisfied now.

joepetrizzo7

[8]May 15, 2014

I am writing in white to avoid potential spoilers:

I think it is odd they showed Spencer falling off the pedestal in what appeared to be the final immunity challenge - the same one from Cook Islands. Automatically one would think he lost and will be going home. In the background, it clearly shows two empty pedestals so maybe he did win? He outlasted at least two people. And then what? Woo goes home? I cant imagine Tony would vote out Kass since he thinks he is a shoe in to win against everyone except Woo.

mcepin3

[9]May 15, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:

I think it is odd they showed Spencer falling off the pedestal in what appeared to be the final immunity challenge - the same one from Cook Islands. Automatically one would think he lost and will be going home. In the background, it clearly shows two empty pedestals so maybe he did win? He outlasted at least two people. And then what? Woo goes home? I cant imagine Tony would vote out Kass since he thinks he is a shoe in to win against everyone except Woo.

I'll also write in white:

don't you think they get visit from loved ones or even do reward challenge with loved ones? Why would Kass say "want me to come out here and be your momma or want me to come out here and win" to any other contestant? When Spence is about to jump into water,you can hear woman's voice and only female left is Kass and that's not her voice. And then there's Tony crying...I can't imagine him crying for anyone other than his loved one.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[10]May 15, 2014
    • level: 10

joepetrizzo7 wrote:

Also in white:

I think that there is actually one pedestal empty.

marknmo

[11]May 15, 2014
    • level: 12

I just looked at the CBS website, and the preview they have posted says 3 tribal councils, so it does look like we are going to see a final 2. I would love for Spencer to make it all the way to the end, and while he's beaten the odds so far, I just don't see it happening, especially with fickle Kass still being around.

As for Tony crying in the preview from last night's episode, I was just happy imagining it was him pleading for his life in the game now that he doesn't have idols to hide behind or someone he can feed his BS to anymore (though Woo still may fall into that category).

Edit: forgot the link to the video:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/video/l_QR7GpzW5kNCOrNEkFjnbei8vYStvf2/survivor-season-28-finale-preview-/

Edited on 05/15/2014 12:36pm

joepetrizzo7

[12]May 16, 2014
    Interesting. A final two would be awesome. Is it a two hour show and then the reunion or is the reunion part of the two hours?

mcepin3

[13]May 16, 2014

Did you know Tony voted for Trish in this last tribal? First I thought it was 3 Trish,2 Kass ,but votes were actually 4 Trish, 1 Kass . And Trish got cold reception at Ponderosa

joepetrizzo7

[14]May 16, 2014
    I noticed that too. I guess Woo told Tony he had to get rid of Trish in order for Woo to trust him and take him to the finals. Also, Trish is really a disagreeable person. She said she never got into a fight with anyone except Kass. What about Lindsey? Granted that wasn't Trish's fault but it still happened.

maritimer00

[15]May 16, 2014
    mcepin3 wrote:

Did you know Tony voted for Trish in this last tribal? First I thought it was 3 Trish,2 Kass ,but votes were actually 4 Trish, 1 Kass . And Trish got cold reception at Ponderosa

Trish comes off as a bit of a drama queen at the Ponderosa...she lost ten whole pounds off a starting weight of 115 by her own statement yet goes on how thin she is, etc. Did she expect to gain weight during Survivor?

I get the feeling Tony visualizing getting to the final Tribal is outweighing his ability to socialize properly...even in a game where lying has to happen, vowing in the name of family to keep Trish and sending her packing later won't win votes.

mcepin3

[16]May 17, 2014

I don't think she expected she'll gain weight there...her comment was more like surprise(and not in a good way)I think.

Most I am enjoying to see,since marknmo confirmed it,their faces when they learn it's gonna be final 2. Whoever gets voted out first, those 3 will think "yeah,we made it...we are in finals" and then learn the truth I imagine they'll go get tree mail,expecting food and all as every season,but when there's no food to be found,they'll be like "oh shit,what!?!? final 2!?!?"

darmonx

[17]May 17, 2014
    • level: 1

Kass, Woo, and Spencer havent been watching past Survivor. Jury favors players that hustle.. regardless of their likability. Greatest hustler in this series is Tony. Can't see anyone voting against Tony vs Cass or Woo. Only Spencer has a chance because of his fallen alliance in the jury but it will be very close with Spence and Tony. Predictability in this game is easy but still fun to watch.

joepetrizzo7

[18]May 17, 2014
    Predictability is easy in this game although not in this season. I never knew what was going down at tribal council. I think most people will vote for Spencer over Tony (although I think this is the least like combo to make it) however, Spencer has not voted with the majority five times (Garret, Sarah, Morgan, Jeremiah and Tasha) which is a lot for a winner. Also one can easily say that the other alliance let him stay as long as he did.

anthem47

[19]May 18, 2014
    • level: 6

I think Tony actually did himself a favour by not playing the special idol in a way. Maybe I'm biased because I don't like that new idol much, but I think if he had successfully used it to save himself and get rid of someone, some Survivor players would see it as an unfair turn of events and not vote for him to win because "he shouldn't even be there", if you know what I mean. Depending on how he used it, I mean if he used it to save himself from an impossible situation, they may see it that way. I assume the jury by now knows what it did and who had it though.

mcepin3

[20]May 18, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    Predictability is easy in this game although not in this season. I never knew what was going down at tribal council. I think most people will vote for Spencer over Tony (although I think this is the least like combo to make it) however, Spencer has not voted with the majority five times (Garret, Sarah, Morgan, Jeremiah and Tasha) which is a lot for a winner. Also one can easily say that the other alliance let him stay as long as he did.

I agree with you...this season is almost unique...screen time was divided quite nicely,it's gonna have F2,they got rid of dead weight along the way as well as threats and best part is,that with these final 4,depends who gets to finals it could be anyones game to win or lose.

Kass could just from start be "as long it's not me,I am cool with it" ,when J'Tia asked her,who's she voting for and she said "nope,it's gonna be you". And later she completely turned game around and is still making herself noticable enough.

Woo does seem to go along with other people's plan,but at least he makes moves. He was on board with getting rid of LJ,Jefra and Trish.

Tony played the hardest,but he had smart plays and dumb plays.

Spence has that "perpetual loser" thing going on,but he keeps on fighting and everyone loves a good underdog story.