Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan E3 Our Time To Shine discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Mar 12, 2014
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Our Time To Shine episode. Spoilers are allowed in this thread.

Will J'Tia survive another council..?...hard to believe at times...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Mar 12, 2014
    • level: 19
    Couldn't make out who that was in the water, I think J'Tia, but Spencer would have been T'ed up with how he responded.

Lack of effort isn't okay in my group. Spencer is the greatest survivor this season.

maritimer00

[3]Mar 12, 2014

Brawn tried to throw the challenge and still couldn't due to Brains ineptitude... Well, J'Tia goes home...finally...possibly the worstchallenge participant in the game's history bar none.

Edited on 03/12/2014 5:56pm

skbrettbug

[4]Mar 12, 2014
    Good riddance, J'Tia.

Oh, and go Red Sox

maritimer00

[5]Mar 12, 2014
    I still don't see the merits of J'Tia in any way...there was a listing of Survivors in another thread here from worse up and if she isn't bottom five all time, I'd like to know how...

skbrettbug

[6]Mar 12, 2014
    Beauty tribe really didn't get much spotlight this episode imo except for a bit at the beginning

What's your real name Maritimer??

Dfan46

[7]Mar 12, 2014
    • level: 15

I think Kass said it best in the premiere: "J'Tia, see ya, wouldn't want to be ya!"

I was really hoping the Brains could turns things around but man, they were pitiful! That might be the first time a tribe that wanted to throw a challenge was unsuccessful based on the utter suckage of another tribe.

I'm glad there'll be a swap coming up next week - the initial tribes are starting to become stale and this episode was the least interesting one of the season IMO. The first challenge was pretty entertaining though.

Edited on 03/12/2014 7:38pm

maritimer00

[8]Mar 12, 2014
    If the first challenge included a basket of ice bags or something similar, methinks they might have been handy..

joepetrizzo7

[9]Mar 12, 2014
    • level: 9
    The Brawn tribe is getting boring. A tribe swap is definitely needed, although I would have liked to have seen how the Brains would have performed without J'Tia. I thought I would really hate Spencer, but he is my second favorite after LJ. J'Tia is probably the worst challenge participant ever but it should be worth mentioning that Kass also did absolutely nothing in the Immunity Challenge. At least Tasha got one ball.

mcepin3

[10]Mar 13, 2014
    • level: 16

If J'Tia didn't went home after that tribal,I would be like" oh my god...she is really gonna win this game",but THANK YOU LORD,finally she is gone. Now I can really start enjoying this season. 1st immunity challenge,all on Brains sucked,2nd it was completely J'Tia's fault,then rice dump,then they win and again J'Tia's fault on both challenges. This "Brain" tribe is like "Favourites 2" tribe...they might have name,but they defenitly don't deserve to be called that.

J'Tia says she is good under pressure,but this is probably the most under pressure situation you can be in and she can't perform. I love how Probst didn't know,what to say to Brain tribe,when they sat down LJ and Sarah should be on Brains tribe,while Garret should be on Brawn and J'TIa could or should be on Beauty Then Brains would dominate the game. Or at least have some shot

Again,I loved that Brains took time to practice,coz they really need to do that,to have any chance in challenges Immunity challenge could be a little tougher imo.

My pick Woo finally got some screen time Well he had little before,but was nice to see more of him. Tony is getting annoying with CopRus,when he clearly doesn't believe in it. At least Phillip was hardcore on StealthRus

That was interesting on Beauty,when they found clue and all there. And LJ playing dumb "what is that for..hii??" Just wish LJ didn't wear that cap all the time. And Morgan is way hotter without all that makeup on her. She kinda reminds me of Sophia Bush(Brooke from One Tree Hill)..is it just me? Even more so in previous episode,when rain was pouring and they showed her,when she had hood on and I was like " is that Morgan?she looks completely different"

So we got 5 Beauty, 6 Brawn and 3 Brains. Also we got 7 man and 7 women.I think Spencer will flip on them at some point,though tribal was awsome...Tasha and Kass didn't even listen to Spencer and J'Tia and didn't even care,if they heard them talking

I hope that LJ,Sarah,Woo and Tasha end up in good tribe and that they have numbers. Don't wanna see any of them go just yet. It's a game,someone will have to go at some point,but I do hope they last long time in game.

OdumC

[11]Mar 13, 2014
    • level: 8

Finally, J'Tia is GONE... between the rice, her total incompetence at challenges, (especially with not being able to put a flag on a flat platform and her ridiculous showing at immunity) if they had kept her and tossed Spencer I was going to be done with this season. one bad person can ruin it and just her face has been ruining it for me. always looking so smug despite the fact she might be one of the most useless people I've ever seen play the game.

I was kind of surprised kicking her was up in the air all the way through tribal council. ditching her was a no brainer a couple weeks back BEFORE such great displays as "I can't lay a stick on a flat surface" or "I can't get the ball closest to the surface but will watch as Spencer gets like 3 of the deepest in a row" and "I shall watch as a ball floats away as everyone is screaming at me to get it."

Just utterly worthless.

joepetrizzo7

[12]Mar 13, 2014
    OdumC wrote:

ditching her was a no brainer a couple weeks back BEFORE such great displays as "I can't lay a stick on a flat surface" p>
    >

Hey! That's not nice. Be fair. It was a flag not a stick. lol.

mcepin3

[13]Mar 14, 2014

I think J'Tia was halfway drowning in that challenge And did Spencer say "I am gonna fi-ing kill her" ? Seemed to me,that he said something like that,when J'Tia was doing backstroke to ball and then ball getting away even further

There was a 3rd option for Spencer and J'Tia. Since they were 4,Kass and Tasha on one side,if either Spencer or J'Tia said,hey let's 2 of us team up and vote for Tasha and we go for rock draws. What this move could do is,that either it would go to rock draw or Kass wouldn't wanna do rcok draw and she'd vote Tasha out. It could also work,if they say let's vote for Kass. Spencer and J'Tia were acting like hopeless,they got no control,all decision in their hands,but that would be the way to go. Either way was gamble for those 2,coz they let it all to Tasha and Kass,so at that point,they would have nothing to lose.

OdumC

[14]Mar 14, 2014

Nah, if I was Spencer I'd definitely be at the "She goes or I go" stage. keeping her in pretty much just guarantees another loss at immunity and losing Spencer pretty much does the same, so it played out exactly as it should have.

It's not that J'tia did nothing, it's more like she was intentionally sandbagging them. look at how long she had the flag "trying" to put it on the hand lift... the other tribe literally had time to get their flag, make their way back, put it on their lift and raise it for the win while meanwhile she's still trying to put the flag on the lift? it's a big flat square. how hard could that be to feel the edges and just drop the flag??

Same with the puzzle challenge a couple weeks back, they had total advantage, she was working the puzzle while the other team was still out in the water, they had time to get to the table, put their puzzle together with all 8 pieces leaving her in the dust with 2 pieces done. Hell in the challenge the other tribe was TRYING to throw it and couldn't pretend to suck bad enough to compensate for the degree at which her utter uselessness was pulling down her tribe and that was with Spencer putting in one of the better efforts I've seen anyone do at challenges shy of Ozzy. he was pretty much doing that challenge single handedly and the only reason he lost at shooting baskets against a literal pro basketball player was because J'Tia couldn't swim.

on Survivor, that's useless. how could you find out you're going to be on Survivor and not take some classes... I've never understood that.

Edited on 03/14/2014 5:34am

skbrettbug

[15]Mar 14, 2014
    Spencer is a mastermind.

Much rather have him than someone who trusts blindly

joepetrizzo7

[16]Mar 14, 2014
    If there were a tie, they would have had the firemaking challenge because there were four of them, not rocks.

mcepin3

[17]Mar 14, 2014

joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    If there were a tie, they would have had the firemaking challenge because there were four of them, not rocks.

Oh,that would be nice They should make challenge,like that when it's indivudal immunity,so we can see,who knows how to make a fire.

Yes OdumC,that was my question..why is J'Tia panicing,when she can just feel edge and know,where to drop it...she droped it good from start or at least semi good,but then she just paniced. I wonder,why they just didn't replace her on that puzzle challenge. Maybe they couldn't,right? Coz i they could,I am sure someone would say,step down or tap out and I'll replace you. Still,was funny to watch her in challenges.

Think Trish made it pretty obvious she was throwing challenge...she jumped in awkardly,she had mask in her hand,but then dived without it and there's also that scene,where Cliff looks strange at her in challenge.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[18]Mar 14, 2014
    • level: 10

This is actually the second time a tribe tried and failed to throw a challenge but this was for a different Reason. In Season four in the last pre-merge immunity Rotu wanted to throw it and Get rid of Rob but he refused to sit out and literally dragged the rest of the tribe with him through the maze.

J'tia has taken the title of most worthless away from the utterly worthless Cirie. I didn't think that would happen.

I don't like Kass but she sure does have some good lines. "This isn't the brains tribe its the crap for brains Tribe"

Brains could have done better if they had Tasha retrieving balls instead of J'Tia it wasn't as if Tasha was doing anything on the podium.

Did Jeremiah miss any shots because it seemed like he didn't or was that just the Edit.

I cringed during the Reward challenge. The reward should have been an ice pack. Sometimes I think they were cups because with a hit like that both LJ and Spencer should have gone down.

skbrettbug

[19]Mar 14, 2014
    CRob is a basketball player! It was his challenge to lose

OdumC

[20]Mar 14, 2014

Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I don't like Kass but she sure does have some good lines. "This isn't the brains tribe its the crap for brains Tribe"

I was fond of her comment about "We're the brains tribe? I'd really like to see the data that lead them to THAT conclusion"