Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan E5 We Found Our Zombies discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for We Found Our Zombies episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]Mar 26, 2014
    So Lindsey quits rather than continue on...not sure whether it was something she regrets immediately or not. Does show that mentally she's not equipped for the ebb and flow of a game like this.

skbrettbug

[3]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 19
    Figured she would quit.

maritimer00

[4]Mar 26, 2014
    I've never understood the mentality of quitters..the show has been around a long time. People have seen quitters in the past and the reasons behind it have usually been flimsy at best. Lindsey said she needs the money but bailed cause she couldn't handle the fact of isolation..?...ouch.

Alexis got voted out despite Tony's scheming to get Jeremiah out.

skbrettbug

[5]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 19
    maritimer00 wrote:
    I've never understood the mentality of quitters..the show has been around a long time. People have seen quitters in the past and the reasons behind it have usually been flimsy at best. Lindsey said she needs the money but bailed cause she couldn't handle the fact of isolation..?...ouch.

Alexis got voted out despite Tony's scheming to get Jeremiah out.

How crazy and un-Survivor-like.

How did she get into Northwestern? lol

joepetrizzo7

[6]Mar 26, 2014
    • level: 9
    Lindsey came across as a sore loser. Its been a while since someone cried when they were voted out . Kinda felt bad for Alexis but she should have been the one to go. I hope Sarah stays with her new tribe at the merge. The Solana doesnt really seem to want her and the new Aparri seems to like her and I like them better but LJ is still my favorite.

mcepin3

[7]Mar 27, 2014
    • level: 16

I really love this season. Great characters and tons of laugh.

Ok let's start with Lindsey...think she was saying something like "if I stay I'll go crazy and do something to Trish,like hurt her so I rather quit" but kindaaa reality is,that she lost her saftey blanket Cliff and was on her own. If Cliff stayed,Trish would still be there and Lindsey would somehow tolerate her,coz let's face it...if Cliff was still there,Lindsey would still be in game. And Lindsey saying something to Probst,how Trish went all crazy on her...well maybe she did,but that's not what we saw. From what I saw,their verbal fight wasn't so bad. And just as I thought...Probst got there,asked some questions and she left... oh and for lols,wasn't it funny,when they showed "shame on u Lindsey" in sand? I think,when Lindsey saw this(watching from home or from whereever she would watch episode),it must have pissed her off

OMG...did u see Sarah...she sees Cliff and Lindsey gone and she just can't contain herself...I thought she'll be happy Cliff is gone,but wow her reaction was over the top and beyond...I thought she'll say "yeah Jeff,2 people that were gunning for me are both gone..." And seems she'll still be swing vote,after MERGE. Yep merge is already upon us. We are down to 11 !

Seems Tony has great moments,but also stupid ones,right? Like,let's give clue to Jeremiah,have him on outs and then yelling "top five,top five!" Or as LJ pointed out,that he reveals that he is a liar and now you can trust him

Boy am I glad Woo wasn't really solving puzzle...Tony tells them it's 41,you can see by shape forming it's gonna be 41 and he's like "no that's not it..."

I also felt bad for Alexis. She wasn't wrecked as Brenda,but it was clear she was also really hurt by blindside. I wonder what that smile from Morgan was,when Alexis got blindsided.

Edited on 03/27/2014 2:20am

anthem47

[8]Mar 27, 2014
    • level: 6

My heart actually went out to Alexis. Not sure why, that sort of exit usually makes me eyeroll, but she seemed so genuinely upset. She made it to 12th though, which is...well, it's not great, but it's not "early boot". I would personally at least like to make the jury, but it wasn't an embarrassing showing.

I'm torn on Lindsey. On the one hand I get it. It would really suck to be in the minority, know you're next and just sit around waiting for the axe to fall, especially if one or two people in the majority are really rubbing your face in it in a smug way, and feeling completely helpless to turn it around. There's a part of me that might be like "you know what, let's just cut to the chase, I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction of writing my name down, I'm going out on my own terms". That's a headspace I get.

On the other hand, there's so much that can still happen, especially right near the merge. Keep your head down, focus on winning challenges. Assuming events stayed the same if she didn't leave, Alexis goes, win one more and you make the merge with a 5-6 split, then flip over to Aparri and get Trish booted out. Revenge! But hindsight is 20/20, I guess. In the moment it might be hard to see that.

mcepin3

[9]Mar 27, 2014

anthem47 wrote:

My heart actually went out to Alexis. Not sure why, that sort of exit usually makes me eyeroll, but she seemed so genuinely upset. She made it to 12th though, which is...well, it's not great, but it's not "early boot". I would personally at least like to make the jury, but it wasn't an embarrassing showing.

I'm torn on Lindsey. On the one hand I get it. It would really suck to be in the minority, know you're next and just sit around waiting for the axe to fall, especially if one or two people in the majority are really rubbing your face in it in a smug way, and feeling completely helpless to turn it around. There's a part of me that might be like "you know what, let's just cut to the chase, I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction of writing my name down, I'm going out on my own terms". That's a headspace I get.

On the other hand, there's so much that can still happen, especially right near the merge. Keep your head down, focus on winning challenges. Assuming events stayed the same if she didn't leave, Alexis goes, win one more and you make the merge with a 5-6 split, then flip over to Aparri and get Trish booted out. Revenge! But hindsight is 20/20, I guess. In the moment it might be hard to see that.

Nah,Alexis's love life is gonna suffer...who wants to date a person,who doesn't make a merge? (get it? hint Kat)

You had people in past,who were in minority,all alone and kept going. Best example would be Terri,coz they all wanted him out. Hate to say it,but even Laura M. didn't give up...she would be voted out 50 times(if RI ) and still play. That one might be too thick to understand,what's what,but point is,she wouldn't quit.

Another thing...if I was on Survivor,there would be only 2 way,I would have left the game...winning it or being voted out. No other middle road for me. And Lindsey was probably in best spot,if she made it to merge. People always target big guys,athletic guys,when merge happens,like you pointed out,she could flip on her tribe..so many possibilites in air. Another example I can give is Morgan...her only ally was Brice,but she didn't give up. She's still in it and playing game.

Side note:...watch immunity challenge,when Trish slides down that ramp...she leaves a dirty trail behind...

Edited on 03/27/2014 8:22am

maritimer00

[10]Mar 27, 2014
    Chris in Vanuatu was the lone man left after the Ami led female alliance ripped thru and eliminated every other man in the game. Rather than fold the tent and slink off into the night, he wormed his way into their hearts and minds, turned things around and won the game in the end.

To me, quitting the game makes things even easier for your rivals in the end. No effort needed to keep things solid, no placating those who might feel they're on the fringes...the double quit at Tribal a few seasons ago by NaOnka and Purple Kelly were prime examples (though NaOnka was a bit deluded about it).

Yeah, the Trish slide...you'd think people would go into the water more for that reason alone..

Colin_Rob_Rock

[11]Mar 27, 2014
    • level: 10

I'm happy Lindsey Quit cause I didn't like her I really hope that Sarah does go with the Solana members. I think Tony's comment ruined that but I still hope what I don't understand is Sarah saying the previews that there are two tight fives I don't think the Appari are that tight. I meanMorgan and Jeremiah still don't seem to tight and Jeremiah has got to know that he isn't in a good position either I hope that LJ can pull him back over. My top pickes right now are Jeffra, Spencer and LJ. But I hate Spencer's alliance members

Dfan46

[12]Mar 27, 2014
    • level: 15

I'm surprised to be saying this, but I was actually bummed to see Alexis voted out. I usually root for the fans of the show and you could clearly tell she was there to play and not just one of the typical mactor/recruits she was stuck with from her original tribe.

Lindsey's quit was underwhelming to say the least - I did enjoy the sand-created insult they showed on the Solana tribe's beach, though. It was clear Jeff made absolutely no effort to try to change her mind into staying so she must've been pretty set in her decision.

I'm thinking next week's TC will be pretty interesting - Sarah seems to be against Tony now but since both he and LJ have idols it might result in one of the NuAparri 6 going home, thus leveling the playing field to 5 vs. 5.

Edited on 03/27/2014 5:08pm

joepetrizzo7

[13]Mar 27, 2014
    • level: 9
    It would be smart for Aparri to vote out Jefra or Trish since they are the least likely to have an idol. I guess they believed Jeremiah's story since no one even mentioned splitting the votes Alexis/Jeremiah in case of an idol. I am also surprised that when asked who would likely flip to the other side at the merge no one said Sarah who I thought was the obvious choice.

mcepin3

[14]Mar 28, 2014

Kass made right statement...all their losses bonded them,while wins on Beauty created divide. Brains already had that divison,but with constant losing it brought them back together,which is funny that no one sees that as a threat. Those 3 vote as a solid block,so it would be smart to split them,right? If you got couples,who vote as 2, "menage a trois" () would be/ is even more dangerous.

But it didn't help Alexis,when she made comment,that she's happy to see all her Beauty staying together or in the game at reward challenge. And Alexis just spilled everything to Brains or Spencer. Like,how she and Jefra are tight,this and that...and Jeremiah tells them "we lost,why would we get a clue" and Alexis is like " no you are stupid,you don't even know what's going on...why would they do that?" I mean Alexis is really gulible.

mcepin3

[15]Mar 28, 2014

Weird..there is Survivor Live with Alexis,but I don't see anywhere on YouTube SL with Lindsey. And on cbs,I see she chated with Parvati. Will wait a few days,if a video pops.

Edit: Ok,so they uploaded video. Lindsey said,she'd probably hit Trish,if she stayed(I was right why she left and right that she'd be first of Brawm to be gone). But then again,she's kinda all over the place. And then at the end of episode,she says she suggested network,that they do season of Grudge Matches,which would put her and Trish in same enviroment...wow Lindsey. Constant contradiction.

Edited on 03/28/2014 2:44pm