Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan E6 Head of the Snake discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Apr 1, 2014
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Head of the Snake episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

A tribal merge could mean another blindside is coming...maybe Sarah herself if she's not careful.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Apr 2, 2014
    • level: 19
    Well, that "sweetness" of a merge died quickly

maritimer00

[3]Apr 2, 2014
    Whoah...that was kinda scary how I suspected that might happen. Still, playing 2 HII means the Tony/Trish alliance is gonna have to scramble in future tribals methinks.

Sarah saw herself as the swing vote but got a little power happy openly...

Btw, immunity challenge was a riot to see the wind tumble everyone in like dominos...

joepetrizzo7

[4]Apr 2, 2014
    • level: 9
    I kinda saw Sarah's demise early on in the episode and knew it when she said she was siding with Aparri and it was before tribal council not at it. I am really liking Kass these last few episodes and surprisingly Trish is actually playing the game. Trish is not as aggressive as the others but she is making good moves. Sarah was obnoxious in that episode and I am glad to see her leave although if Jefra left, it still would have been a great move. My favorite line of the episode was "I don't understand why Kass flipped," said by Sarah in her elimination confessional. Really? She can't figure it out. I wonder if when she arrests people and they say they are innocent if she just lets them go. The irony is Kass flipped because Sarah was acting like the queen and refused to vote out Trish or Jefra only to wind up voting out Jefra anyway. I want Kass to stay now but I can easily see her new alliance voting her out with the help of Morgan, who from the previews, is probably done with Kass and could be next herself. I don't think Tasha/Spencer will give up on Kass just yet, but this is the second time she did this to Spencer.

joepetrizzo7

[5]Apr 2, 2014
    I couldn't stop laughing when Tony called Kass Lindsey. Kass and Lindsey are probably the two most opposite women on the show.

maritimer00

[6]Apr 2, 2014
    Sarah's posturing was like Dolly way back in Vanuatu..she knew she was a swing vote but started dictating who was going...if you have no real allies, demands like that get ya sent home fast.

marknmo

[7]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 12
    Watching this, I feel like both Sarah and Kass have played this game horribly. Every person that Sarah targetted was for personal reasons, and once she hopped onto the idea of needing someone gone, she refused to listen to any other ideas.

Kass quickly jumps on board with making a "game changing" move without much consideration at all. I feel like she's trying to make these large moves in order to make herself stand out at the end, but she doesn't really think about how things are going to turn out after she makes her move. The first time was when she turned on Spencer and kept J'Tia over Garrett - it made no sense in that stage of the game to get rid of a powerful tribe member when you need your tribe to win challenges and instead keep someone who has consistently failed you in challenges AND just threw your food supply in the fire. And now this episode - Kass gets some beef with Sarah, so she starts thinking about showing Sarah who is really in control and make a "big" move. Well, I guarantee she's now pissed every single person off from her alliance and has lost all of their votes in the end. She's likely cost them all the game with this one event, and I really doubt she's going to finish better with her new alliance than she would have if she had stuck with Spencer and Tasha (um, hello, final 3 deary...). All of this because she got a personal vendetta against someone and took it out on her entire alliance by telling herself that the problem was with all of them instead of just the one obvious sore thumb. I really hope Kass falls soon and that somehow Spencer and Tasha can carry on triumphantly, but I just don't see it happening.

While shocking, I think the way LJ played his idol for Tony was a very poor strategic move. I think it was obvious Tony was going to be safe in that vote, and LJ was already safe, so playing that then instead of holding out for the next tribal where he could have potentially used it to gain the numbers for his alliance was very poor judgement on his part. I really like LJ, but I had to shake my head at this.

joepetrizzo7

[8]Apr 3, 2014
    I think Kass could definitely be next to go, but I think that alliance will crumble because Tony claimed to be bored when he couldn't scheme so who know what he will do. Tony and LJ will probably move to take each other out before they finish off the others.

mcepin3

[9]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 17

*jaw drop* Wow,wow,wow.... best episode of season so far.

Yeah,isn't it funny,how Sarah was NO!! on Jefra or Trish,but then she had to vote for Jefra and is surprised someone(Kass) flipped on her. And play from Solana was perfect. Any other name then Sarah to Kass would not work and they let Kass decide That is like poetry Sarah got way too cocky and should just let Aparri vote out Jefra. Or go with Solana and say we voting out someone strong there. Solana gave her a pick of who she wants to send home,but noo..Sarah is a flip floper She went from best position you can be in to being her demise.

I don't think Kass burned all the bridges with her Aparri,coz Sarah would be problem later with her constant flipping. But now Kass and Morgan will be center of next episode and maybe vote? If her pitch is "hey Sarah wasn't with us,she'd flip on us later,I did us a favor" she could still be good with Aparri. We have each 5 strong(which by preview we know that will not be the case) and let's duke it out now.

LJ can play dumb! " I don't think there's any HII..just a joke on us..." Tony played it perfect. I think LJ was surprised Tony actually played idol for someone else(and LJ was most logical choice next to Tony) and maybe just in a heat of moment decision to play it for him? Or some sense of honor/duty/debt to play it for Tony? And Aparri also made smart move,knowing that they wouldn't play idol for Jefra.

But Tony again...he makes this smart play and then insta stupid play...Sarah is a JURY member now and he claps at her being voted out?!!?!? Who does that???

skbrettbug

[10]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 19
    Yea it was a great episode.

I don't know why tony clapped. But it was a good TC

joepetrizzo7

[11]Apr 3, 2014
    LJ probably played the idol because he might have found himself in trouble later on if Tony found out LJ had one and didn't play it and instead let Tony waste his on LJ. If Tony is in the final three, I just know Sarah is going to accuse of him betraying his word on his badge to her when she is the one who did. I think a possible scenario for next week is Morgan aligning herself with Solana and voting out Kass. I wonder if anyone will find the idol and if it is transferable to another player. But I just cannot see Kass being outsmarted.

mcepin3

[12]Apr 3, 2014

I know,why Tony clapped,but it wasn't smart thing to do.

Yeah I wonder what a twist with "new" idol will be. And who finds it...

mcepin3

[13]Apr 3, 2014

I think 2,who were most surprised at that tribal,were Sarah and Jefra. Jefra was laughing whole time,but once she saw first vote,I bet she thought "game over sister" And then Sarah also..think she was thinking someone from Brains will get targeted. And Sarah made herself way to easy to read...she was so gung-ho on her badge,blue blood,you can tell insta,she isn't with you,if she doesn't swear on it and that's what Tony did.

I hope we don't get deja-vu with Kass and Morgan and one of them ends up quiting I could see Trish and Kass teaming up. LJ and Tony teaming up. Trish and Tony are a team atm,if I am not mistaken.

I've been thinking what this idol could be or do...few things that came to my mind are:

-either it gives you power to play HII after votes are read

-could give you power,that if someone else plays idol,you could negate their idol and any votes cast for that person,would still count

- or as LJ said,that it's an idol that sends you home. Like,maybe you get most votes,but idol gives you chance to switch places with someone and then that person has to leave(but I would hate this kind of idol and I don't think LJ had this in mind,he meant it more as joke)

And I think either LJ,Tony,Woo or Spencer will find idol.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[14]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 10

I nearly smashed my screen during the reading of the votes. But I leapt for joy whenSarah was the 6th vote. I mean I like Sarah but I LOVE Jefra. I thought Tony showing his idol would be the end of Jefra but Kass actually did something that doesn't make me hate her. At this point I don't really care who leaves as long as it's not Jefra. I mean I would prefer a final 3 of Jefra, Spenserand Morgan But as Right now I want people to go home that are not good for Jefra's game.

joepetrizzo7

[15]Apr 3, 2014
    I think Jefra said one sentence in that episode prior to tribal council.

I think what pushed Kass to flip was that she thought Tasha was siding with Sarah when she was just trying to keep the peace.

mcepin3

[16]Apr 3, 2014

Before I loved Sarah,but this episode just showed so many flaws in her game and to be honest wasn't too upset she left. Last tribal she was at,she played it smart...she even said "anything that keeps heat off me,I am cool with"....but this time around,she went crazy with power. Can't wait to watch Survivor Live tomorrow with her. Sarah was a target(social and in challenges),but people still wanted to side with her. She should have kept her head down and let others strategize for time being.

Jefra...I don't know..I don't really like her or hate her. She can be pretty annoying and all was fine and laughter,while it seemed they will target either Tony or LJ and who would wanna target little sweet miss country Jefra?? If she makes it to end,I think some people will tear her apart.

Yeah I also think that was the moment Kass flipped. And I don't get Tasha...when she was with Kass and Sarah,she sided with Sarah,but when they were in water,she sided with Spencer and majority...!?!?!? I think if Sarah stayed,she'd still try to play both sides and Kass made great move.

Dfan46

[17]Apr 3, 2014
    • level: 15

Really great merge episode! It was awesome seeing all the new dynamics play out.

I knew as soon as they showed that scene between Kass and Sarah at the beginning of the episode that one of them would flip to the other side. I figured Tony would convince Sarah to side with him but I was completely off. Trish is really surprising me with her gameplay - if she hadn't approached Kass, they former Solana tribe might've been toast.

I was wondering if anyone else was picking up on the similarities to the Caramoan season? It was the last season these players saw before starting their season and it's almost eerie how much is resurfacing as a result. There was the dumping of the rice, Tony mimicking Philip with his Cops R Us alliance (the name, not the actual amount of members), somebody quitting, Tony revealing his idol prior to the votes like Malcolm, and several repeated challenges - the 2nd one that required swimming to a cage in the ocean and the doghouse balancing one this last episode.

Edited on 04/03/2014 3:40pm
    Edited 2 total times.

truesurvivorfan

[18]Apr 4, 2014
    • level: 1

what happens to Kass now? Hope she stays with Tony's alliance and they start picking off the other alliance !

truesurvivorfan

[19]Apr 4, 2014
    • level: 1

Colin -- Couldn't agree with you more. Millions of men around the US definitely would like Jefra in the final 3 ! (Too bad it isn't like American Idol where the fans could vote !!)

Colin_Rob_Rock

[20]Apr 4, 2014
    • level: 10

truesurvivorfan wrote:

Colin -- Couldn't agree with you more. Millions of men around the US definitely would like Jefra in the final 3 ! (Too bad it isn't like American Idol where the fans could vote !!)

I never heard of Jefra before Survivor but there is something about a girl with a country accent and a sweet demeanor that makes me root for themlike Andrea. I just hope Jefra trying making some moves or i'm worried she won't win.

I actually think Kass might have screwed herself a little butI don't really care I look at her like John Finsher Voting out Laura in Samoa.Did their part now they can go.