Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Survivor Cagayan E7 Mad Treasure Hunt discussion thread

  • Avatar of maritimer00

    maritimer00

    [1]Apr 9, 2014
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 1,982

    This is a discussion thread for the Mad Treasure Hunt episode. Spoliers ARE allowed.

    Edited on 04/09/2014 3:35pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maritimer00

    maritimer00

    [2]Apr 9, 2014
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 1,982
    Is it just me or is Kass a bit smug...? She seems proud of being a "floater" though that could be a ticket to the jury.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skbrettbug

    skbrettbug

    [3]Apr 9, 2014
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,654
    Go Red Sox! (They beat the Rangers and won the series 2-1 today)

    I love this reward challenge.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skbrettbug

    skbrettbug

    [4]Apr 9, 2014
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,654
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maritimer00

    maritimer00

    [5]Apr 9, 2014
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 1,982
    Morgan goes home...not really a surprise...she acted like she'd get the million dollars delivered to her on a silver platter.

    Next ep looks interesting...Tony going plot happy already....though might be a swerve of sorts...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joepetrizzo7

    joepetrizzo7

    [6]Apr 9, 2014
    • member since: 01/07/13
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 894
    All of the Morgan bashing seemed to come out of nowhere. I knew she was going home because she got screen time for once. Next week looks fantastic with everyone back to scheming. Unfortunately, I will be in Atlantic City next Wednesday and probably will not get a chance to watch until Thursday.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mcepin3

    mcepin3

    [7]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 08/22/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 858

    Well that was a lot of hype for f-ing normal HII. And how does Jefra dare to write "Queen Morgan" on that piece of paper,when Jefra doesn't do much herself. Yes we've seen her get some water,this and that,but Jefra is really annoying and pissing me off at times. She didn't even went to look for idol,she just told others to go get it. Please get rid of Jefra next.


    Woo/Spencer thing was funny and I wonder if Spencer would wrestle him for clue,if he caught up to him? Would that count as breaking the rule,even if they'd just wrestle and not hit each other?


    Immunity challenge wasn't what I thought it would be. I enjoyed it,but I imagined something else,when Sam said what it'll be.


    Kass is playing more like a veteran than a rookie. Everyone thinks,how it was bad move to get rid of Sarah,but as Kass said it,it's bad move for their gameplay maybe,not necessarily hers. She knows people will be pissed at her next few days,but she still has a vote in a game and if they like her or not,they need her vote and will come back to her. I think people have this grand idea,that they'll go into Survivor without lying,backstabing and going forward with their alliance,all as one big happy family. Do they not watch this show?? Post merge game changes almost day to day,since it's in a way "race to finish". Someone like Jefra will never make a big move to advance,she'll just ride out the wave,while someone like Kass is gonna make move,even if it pisses other people off and could cost her game.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joepetrizzo7

    joepetrizzo7

    [8]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 01/07/13
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 894
    What was that drawing Woo put on his vote. I couldn't tell. I was quite surprised the Queen Morgan vote came from Jefra who is now probably the most useless and least likely to win. I assume Kass did not flip back to her old alliance because she would have been vulnerable to rock picking.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anthem47

    anthem47

    [9]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 02/18/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 378
    mcepin3 wrote:

    Woo/Spencer thing was funny and I wonder if Spencer would wrestle him for clue,if he caught up to him? Would that count as breaking the rule,even if they'd just wrestle and not hit each other?




    I wondered that actually. The Survivor Rulebook page on the Survivor wiki says "Stealing personal items from other contestants is strictly prohibited. This includes personal clothing and Luxury Items. The Hidden Immunity Idol is considered a personal item, thus cannot be stolen from its owner." ...but since the clue is neither a personal item or an idol, it doesn't seem to be covered (although the fact Spencer left it "out in the open" (though covered) might have meant he wouldn't be covered. Though where this rule was when Sandra burned Russell's hat is anyone's guess.

    Regarding what Spencer could actually do if he caught up to Woo...this article has a legit looking copy of the contract: http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor/2010_May_31_survivor_rules and it says contestants can be disqualified for "harming, or threatening harm to, other Contestants or crew members, acts of violence, and criminal damage". Depends on how strictly you define "harm". I reckon just about any aggressive form of contact would get you in trouble. I wouldn't want to test the rule though!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mcepin3

    mcepin3

    [10]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 08/22/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 858

    Woo drew Morgan catching a few zzz's He drew her sleeping...I thought that one was funny,but yeah Jefra's was too much. Well next one,who is useless atm is Jeremiah. That one doesn't do much,when it comes to gameplay.



    Yeah clue I guess is neither of those 2 things...but yeah,I don't think Survivor actually follows rules...aren't couples in game by default playing as to split the money?;D They are playing as 2(or as 1) and isn't there a rule of no scheming of spliting the money? Or something like that?



    Based from preview,I think Woo will wanna get rid of Tony and Tony will wanna get rid of Woo. And LJ is in middle of it I think.

    Edited on 04/10/2014 8:14am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dragonradar

    dragonradar

    [11]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 12/19/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 128

    I think the rules are a bit iffy. But that's only to cover their own. With the splitting money. I think its more like you can't make up a signed contract agreeing to split the winnings. I saw this on another (old) show and the other contestant didn't have a chance since the players that signed that contract would rather get "little" money than nothing. So, I think this was just to prevent that. So, I think its more like you're not allow to "let me win and I'll give you 10k" type of thing.



    I'm glad Kass didn't flip back. That would be so stupid since she's making more enemies than allies.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of skbrettbug

    skbrettbug

    [12]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 05/17/08
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 3,654
    Splitting money is prohibited. Saw that once on Wikipedia

    Despite being my second favorite Morgan was really boring until today
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [13]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,054

    mcepin3 wrote:


    Well that was a lot of hype for f-ing normal HII. And how does Jefra dare to write "Queen Morgan" on that piece of paper,when Jefra doesn't do much herself. Yes we've seen her get some water,this and that,but Jefra is really annoying and pissing me off at times. She didn't even went to look for idol,she just told others to go get it. Please get rid of Jefra next.


    Woo/Spencer thing was funny and I wonder if Spencer would wrestle him for clue,if he caught up to him? Would that count as breaking the rule,even if they'd just wrestle and not hit each other?



    I hope That Jefra lasts. I think she wrote Queen Because while Yes Jefra doesn't do much she doesn't talk about getting things handed to her on a silver platter.


    Well the Spender/Woo thing reminded me of in HvV when Danielle found and idol clueand out it on the ground and Amanda picked it up and they had a littlefight over it.


    I think Woo and TonyTurning on each other right now is stupid. They should get rid of at least one more person from the other side.


    So is the Idol Spencer found the one that all the hype was about or did he get a clue for a reburied idol played by Tony or LJ. Cause the one they got about the special idol said it was near there camp and this one seemed to be a bit away.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dragonradar

    dragonradar

    [14]Apr 10, 2014
    • member since: 12/19/03
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 128

    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:


    mcepin3 wrote:


    Well that was a lot of hype for f-ing normal HII. And how does Jefra dare to write "Queen Morgan" on that piece of paper,when Jefra doesn't do much herself. Yes we've seen her get some water,this and that,but Jefra is really annoying and pissing me off at times. She didn't even went to look for idol,she just told others to go get it. Please get rid of Jefra next.


    Woo/Spencer thing was funny and I wonder if Spencer would wrestle him for clue,if he caught up to him? Would that count as breaking the rule,even if they'd just wrestle and not hit each other?



    I hope That Jefra lasts. I think she wrote Queen Because while Yes Jefra doesn't do much she doesn't talk about getting things handed to her on a silver platter.


    Well the Spender/Woo thing reminded me of in HvV when Danielle found and idol clueand out it on the ground and Amanda picked it up and they had a littlefight over it.


    I think Woo and TonyTurning on each other right now is stupid. They should get rid of at least one more person from the other side.


    So is the Idol Spencer found the one that all the hype was about or did he get a clue for a reburied idol played by Tony or LJ. Cause the one they got about the special idol said it was near there camp and this one seemed to be a bit away.




    it was just a normal immunity idol.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mcepin3

    mcepin3

    [16]Apr 11, 2014
    • member since: 08/22/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 858

    Did Spencer read it wrong then? I thought he read it "you can play it after votes are cast,but before they are read/revealed"...And he even said it,this is a normal HII.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joepetrizzo7

    joepetrizzo7

    [17]Apr 11, 2014
    • member since: 01/07/13
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 894
    They may never get a clue to the special one and it has to be found on its own. There is only 9 left so there is limited time to play it anyway.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Colin_Rob_Rock

    Colin_Rob_Rock

    [18]Apr 11, 2014
    • member since: 01/27/13
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 1,054

    mcepin3 wrote:


    Did Spencer read it wrong then? I thought he read it "you can play it after votes are cast,but before they are read/revealed"...And he even said it,this is a normal HII.



    Yeah I heard the same thing you did

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of UnovaChampion

    UnovaChampion

    [19]Apr 11, 2014
    • member since: 02/26/11
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 2,344
    So I was right about Jefra being the most capable of the female beauts. Do not overlook how she lasted a full hour in the immunity challenge down to the final four. And is in the majority alliance. Not sure how she's somehow being lessened in comparison to her alliance when all of them are in the same comfy situation thanks to Kass's flip. I think she has an easy path to the finale, my only concern is LJ overshadowing her somehow, as I expect that duo to continue for some time. It's now an even 3 vs 3 vs 3 for Brains, Brawn, and Beauty. I'm not sure if the edit is anything to go by, but at this point it's not looking good for about half the remaining players. All the people who were shoved down our throat pre-merge seem to be going one by one. Sarah, Morgan, next week could be Tony. Or Spencer/Kass, since I feel like we've been watching the Spencer/Kass show for a couple episodes now. Players with overedits don't have a chance of winning and players with underedits don't either. So Kass, Spencer, Trish, Jeremiah, and Tony. Jefra has sadly been sidelined in editing for a little bit, but now that the screenwhore Morgan is gone she can hopefully get some confessionals of her own.

    So potential winners at this point: LJ, Tasha, Woo, or Jefra

    So glad I switched from Morgan in the pool, like holy shit, are we sure what she said at tribal and in all her confessionals wasn't scripted just to fit the stereotype they were trying to play up for her? Because I feel bad for anyone really that outrageously stupid.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of maritimer00

    maritimer00

    [20]Apr 12, 2014
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 71
    • rank: Bad News Bear
    • posts: 1,982
    skbrettbug wrote:
    Splitting money is prohibited. Saw that once on Wikipedia

    Despite being my second favorite Morgan was really boring until today


    There were rumors/allegations a few seasons ago that a F3 castaway was trying to arrange a "split the money" deal while he was with others in the one area cameras can't go...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joepetrizzo7

    joepetrizzo7

    [21]Apr 17, 2014
    • member since: 01/07/13
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 894
    maritimer00 wrote:
    skbrettbug wrote:
    Splitting money is prohibited. Saw that once on Wikipedia

    Despite being my second favorite Morgan was really boring until today


    There were rumors/allegations a few seasons ago that a F3 castaway was trying to arrange a "split the money" deal while he was with others in the one area cameras can't go...


    I remember this and then suddenly that other person was voted off without much explanation given, if I am correct.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.