Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Cagayan Season Finale It's Do Or Die/Reunion episodes discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]May 19, 2014
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the It's Do Or Die and Reunion episodes that air on Wednesday, May 21. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread so if you don't want the winner spoiled for whatever reason, avoid this thread.

Posting this early so people are aware this season ends on Wednesday, not Sunday.

As to who wins, this may be the closest season in recent memory...there can be a case made for any of the remaining four to win in the end (even Kass). We shall see..

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UnovaChampion

[2]May 21, 2014
    • level: 17
    Before finale prediction:

4th: Spencer
    3rd; Tony
    2nd: Kass
    1st: Woo

MAKE IT A REALITY

maritimer00

[3]May 21, 2014

Ok, now that's just wrong....starting the finale by Jeff talking from reunion set....and continues by "breaking away" to Jeff during the finale.

Edited on 05/21/2014 5:23pm

skbrettbug

[4]May 21, 2014
    • level: 19
    There goes my entire reason to love this season *cries*

maritimer00

[5]May 21, 2014
    Spencer goes down...even after making a logical pitch to Tony as to why he should stay. If Tony wins, dumbest...jury...ever...

skbrettbug

[6]May 21, 2014
    Spencer's out...Red Sox are losing 5-1 early (their pitching sucks)...Kass wins Immunity...ugh what a night

maritimer00

[7]May 21, 2014
    Kass out at three...man this looks like if Woo wins, it'll be due to anti-Tony votes..

Reminder though: look for clip tomorrow of Kass arriving at Ponderosa to Trish and Spencer reception...

maritimer00

[8]May 21, 2014
    Ok...Morgan's jury speech...yeah, she isn't one of life's great thinkers, to say the least.

A bitter jury...

skbrettbug

[9]May 21, 2014

TONY!!!!!

What a season. One of the best I've seen.

maritimer00

[10]May 21, 2014
    One of the truly better seasons for momentum...but man, I'm still wondering how Tony won with all the baggage he dragged along.

joepetrizzo7

[11]May 21, 2014
    • level: 9
    Isnt Trish the scariest looking contestant ever? I still don't understand why Woo picked Tony (or why Tasha voted for Woo). It really shows how great Tony was at manipulating Woo the whole game. I also find it difficult to believe Woo would have beaten Kass unanimously. I really don't understand where she went wrong and the whole Solana alliance really owed her for flipping otherwise one of the brains probably would have won. I really wanted the final vote to be close since it really hasn't been since Nicaragua. I also felt that having nine jurors for two finalists was way too many. Tony did look very sickly from the parasites (although apparently he has the strength to get his wife pregnant). I remember Sandra, after Pearl Islands, complained she had parasites that kept her from being active for a while. Katie from Palau contracted a deadly disease in which she had like a 2% chance of survival,

I think it is too soon to do a Blood v. Water again. I had previously read a spoiler for the next season that said it would be blood v. water but with an entirely new cast. I think it is very likely we will see someone from this season on it. My guess is Kass because I feel like the show spent a lot of time with her and her husband, so they could be a team. I also felt like Kass was playing not to win, but to be asked back.

maritimer00

[12]May 21, 2014
    Apparently, Trish voted for Tony after that firestorm of pure anger...maybe it was Spencer's speech to the jury reminding em to vote for a true player of the game and past their emotions. Somehow, though, I doubt he would have asked em to vote for Kass in same way...lol...

Too early for Blood vs Water 2 but I'm guessing Kass, Spencer and maybe Cliff or Tasha are among the cast.

skbrettbug

[13]May 22, 2014

I hate when a season ends...we've been watching it all this time...and then -snap!- it's over!!

mcepin3

[14]May 22, 2014
    • level: 16

F-ing mind blowing 2h finale.Had same expresion as Spence did,when it said Kass on paper. Really great season with few shitty players,but overall great.

I thought Tony will vote with Spence,but maybe that move of getting rid of Trish was enough for Woo's trust? Like Joe said in previous post,so if it's true,it payed greatly for Tony,since he won.

maritimer00 I think Spence's speech/plea won Tony game.

Ok,let's do the jury:

Sarah - kinda high on her horse,since she was gunnin for Tony and would have voted for him,if he didn't have idol,so her only play was to vote for Jefra

Jefra - " I am not bitter,I wanna be fair"....hahahahaha...f-ing troll...and her previous comment at tribal,while she was still in game "I'd rather be blindsided by this alliance,than to go with them(Tasha,Spence and Jeremiah)"...you got your wish bitch,so why you complaining. You didn't make a move and now you pissed at player,who made moves. I could spent more time on this pathetic "player" (which I am almost sure I will,if I start reading posts from her stalk...ugh.."fan" here)

Morgan - I think she loved to make that comment about Kass ...like she had to have a "stab" at Kass,since I think she expected to say more to her,if she was in finals and that was only way to bring her up and throw some shit towards her

Jeremiah - his comment/question was quite good. That was/is my dillemma with Tony,constantly swearing on his loved ones. Ok,it's a way to exploit people trust easily,but I know I don't fuck with this kinda of stuff and swear on others...that is over the line. But to each it's own...I am no saint,Tony ain't no devil,just sharing my thoughts

Tasha - could have better question..was so-so

LJ - ...yeah what??...think he didn't care much,looked like he was drunk or high...or both

Kass - 1st,congrats on win at challenge,I think she could get few votes,if she was in finals..hell,she might have won with 5-4. But she did make correct statement to Woo,though I get Woo's response and he as respect for it,even if it makes him dumb in Survivor world

Trish - yep,she is the reason Tony is in finals and has won the game. Also one of most felt speeches...and awww,she even got semi hug from Kass ...well more like shoulder tap ..."there,there champ/camper/buddy"lol

Spencer - his plea won Tony the game. I think jury was kinda off after Trish's speech,but Spencer's speech brought them back to Tony? He also got a little jab at Kass

I did like new format of final 2h with showing bits of studio. Reunion was ok,they insta grab that "let's do another B v W " and does this mean another 10 familiar faces vs their loved ones or complete new cast? I hope new cast.

While it was sad at her exit,I laughed my ass off,when they showed Alexis in clips off blindsides,alone and in shock

Edited on 05/22/2014 4:46am

UnovaChampion

[15]May 22, 2014
    • level: 17
    And so it comes to a disappointing end.

WOO YOU HAD IT RIGHT IN YOUR GRASP.

Maybe they paid Woo off to take Tony so that casuals would get their beloved Tony win after all.

That's the only explanation for how a player as horrible as Tony managed to win this.

But if there was one reveal that bummed me out even more it was Blood vs Water 2 being next season's theme after how weak of a season the first was.

At least Kass pulled off an interesting immunity win. And Jefra once again proved she's still the best with her excellent jury segment being the only memorable one.

Shame Woo never got to burn the whole place down.

joepetrizzo7

[16]May 22, 2014
    • level: 9
    LJ definitely looked high and mellow. Also he is balding which is probably why he always wears a hat.

What I don't get is why Kass/Spencer successfully convinced Woo to vote out Trish so they could have an easy shot at Tony, but then didn't take it. I understand that Spencer would have won in the end, but I thought it was fairly obvious Tony would beat Kass/Woo as well. Then, at 3, Kass is all gung ho about getting rid of Tony again? Baffling. I don't think anyone bought Tony's ploy with the idol.

anthem47

[17]May 22, 2014
    • level: 6
    I won't defend Woo or anything but my heart goes out to him a little bit. Like he's clearly been raised a certain way with a certain belief system, you know, raised to believe if you do the honourable, just, noble thing the universe will pay you back. When Jeff asked him if he had any regrets, I could see in his eyes this look of confusion, like "I don't understand, I did the right thing, how could this happen?", almost like his whole belief system had been challenged, like he'd been lied to his whole life. And it'd be hard to do what seems like the hard but noble thing and then get burned by it.

Anyway! Bit of philosophy there, it's late.

Otherwise, it's not an awful outcome. Not a big Tony fan but he wasn't *that* awful in the big scheme of things. It's mostly his manner in confessionals that rubbed people the wrong way I think (something about that eyelash *bing* moment makes it the most obnoxious thing ever), he was a cocky jerk but I don't remember him being nasty really.

Blood vs Water 2...yeah, I don't mind the idea, especially if it's a round of entirely new players. Also I think I'd like to see that concept without Redemption Island in play, I might like it more that way.

Also I wonder if maybe Jeff wasn't entirely off-base with Spencer...like I think being on the bottom all the time humbles people. He did come across as arrogant in his Meet the Cast video, I wonder if that attitude might have stuck around if he was in a majority position from Day 1. It's hard to say though. Equally I think when you're cast on a reality show there's a pressure to be outrageous and he might have just been trying to craft a villain persona for himself that he couldn't keep up.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[18]May 22, 2014
    • level: 10

maritimer00 wrote:
    Apparently, Trish voted for Tony after that firestorm of pure anger...maybe it was Spencer's speech to the jury reminding em to vote for a true player of the game and past their emotions. Somehow, though, I doubt he would have asked em to vote for Kass in same way...lol... Too early for Blood vs Water 2 but I'm guessing Kass, Spencer and maybe Cliff or Tasha are among the cast.

As for the players returning I believe that it is all new players. Just some are related

maritimer00

[19]May 22, 2014

It might be that Blood 2 is all new and the other season will have returning cast members/all stars type thing. If there is a returning player season coming, make it "Hantz free" and let the debate begin...

Edited on 05/22/2014 12:43pm
    Edited 2 total times.

mcepin3

[20]May 22, 2014
    • level: 16

I think alot of people missunderstand Kass. They thought she'd be an early boot,not a player,but proved every doubter wrong. It is very true she made same moves as Tony did,only she didn't swear on every member of her family...dead or alive.

I was surprised,when even LJ and that troll didn't talk to Kass,when she got to Ponderosa and Kass saved that trolls ass and LJ's and she never voted them out. I expected that from Spence,Jeremiah,Tasha and Morgan...thought Sarah might be more forgivin,but she was 1st victim,so I even understood it from her.

On that immunity challenge,it was so funny...you got her husband cheering her on,it looked pretty pathetic,when she was pouring,she had to go down and untie rope,... think best part for me was her husband cheering her on whole time. 1st I thought "oh,so sweet,even though he probably knows she has no chance by now,he is still givin her hope" and then she started on puzzle and just killed it.

She was smug at times,but I don't mind that.