Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Caramoan

mcepin3

[1]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 17

From some surfing on net about season 26, sounds like it is gonna be a doozie Also I think,that those players are gonna be as favourites. Still hoping that is someone playing with us,but we will see. When Jeff said it is a return of Survivor's greatest pairings, I think he was talking about fans vs favs pairing and not "pairing" from within game. No one really was that great pair in game...yes Rob and Amber were "strong" pair,but Amber didn't do much. She was under Rob's wing whole time. She stayed there,because Rob asked Lex to keep her. She did nothing worthy to me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

EdgeOfThorns316

[2]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 8
    If the list out there is the true list, call me underwhelmed. I think that its a horrible, horrible list filled with a bunch of nobodies. They need to dig into Survivors history a lot more than grab these scrubs from recent seasons.

marknmo

[3]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 12
    Yeah, I just saw the list on the front page of this site (it's official now), and I'm kinda disappointed. I like some of them, but about half of them are people that I don't think are worthwhile of coming back.

Malcolm is worthy of coming back, and I think he should definitely be there, but I honestly got tired of him last season, so I wish they had waited a while before bringing him back.

Cochran is a good addition for sure. Smart kid, kept his head level even during the jury vote (he voted for Coach, whom I thought deserved to win that season). I think he'll add some good dynamics to the game if he gets on the in with the right crowd is able to apply his strategy.

Phillip . . . yeah, what the hell is he doing there.

Same thing with Brandon - the only time they should have brought Brandon back would have been if they could get Russell back, too. I mean, the guy talked almost solely about Russell while on the show, so why not let us see them actually argue together?

I remember liking Dawn, but her memory is kinda fading for me, so I can't remember why, lol. Hopefully she'll spark my memory and I'll like her still.

Corinne, doesn't stand out enough to me, but I do think she's worthy of being the "new" Jerri in terms of a female villain.

Erik . . . idiot player. Hopefully he's learning something or another before coming back.

Brenda I think I'll enjoy seeing back. She was a good player I thought, and I think she'll have a shot at making if she's able to create better relationships this time around.

Andrea I don't remember much. I remember she returned from Redemption Island, but I can't remember anything else about her really. Was she Matt's (the athletic religious guy) gf that season who ended up screwing him over? God, that guy just wouldn't go away thanks to Redemption Island.

Francesca I barely remember, too. I remember that she was voted out early, and I was kinda disappointed we didn't see more of her, but I don't remember anything else with her.

Hopefully it'll be a good season. I'm always a little torn with seasons where they bring back returning players (which is almost always every season now). One, I love seeing some of my favorites return. But two, it ends up making me root for them over anybody else, which I feel gets in the way of properly getting to know the newbies, cause I'm already kinda rooting against them. This season may be different, though, since I'm not overly crazy about any of the returnees.

Taylorg8

[4]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 13
    I actually think the returnees will be great to watch! I loved Brenda and Dawn and Cochran. I don't care for Brandon much and I was shocked that Andrea and Francesca were there. I liked Andrea and am very happy Francesca is getting another shot after she was screwed over by Phillip's mouth and the alliance she had. She seemed interesting and I was upset she went out when she did. Corinne and Erik should be fun to see back and of course Malcolm will be great. Phillip will be, well, Phillip. I do agree thought that there were some form earlier seasons that should have been brought back. I thought for sure they would get Savage because Probst loves him. I'm pleased with the cast though and from everything I've read this should be a great season. They're fans, so we should have some players that are actually ready to play.

maritimer00

[5]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 71
    You have to wonder bout the "fans" though....are they fans or are they just people selected by casting execs to create interesting stories? The last time there was a fan theme, some of them were quite clueless about the show's physical demands and a few in this version sound that way in their bios.

EdgeOfThorns316

[6]Jan 11, 2013
    • level: 8
    I just think they should of split it up, 5 from newer seasons and 5 from older. I think they would do well to bring back perhaps older fans that maybe havent watched since Pearl, or other seasons with guys like yul, Savage or Burton...i just think they kept it too recent overall.

mcepin3

[7]Jan 12, 2013

My only "problem" is that some of favourites aren't really...well favourites I get it Erik,Cochran,Dawn,Brenda and Malcolm are there. Also Andrea. But Francesca,Corinne and Phillip!?!?!? Francesca wasn't really there that long, Corinne is more of a bitch or as they call it in Survivor villain. Phillip is just presented as idiot and someone people laught AT and not with.

Like marknmo said,I thought we will see Brandon in a season with Russell.

First fans vs favs,there were 10 favourites in it...weren't they? Ozzy,Parvatti,Amanda,Yao-man,James,Cerie...forgot rest atm

From stuff I read(won't put spoilers) sounds like it is gonna be crazy season and I think Probst said in reunion,that it is even better than first fans vs favs.

@ maritimer00

They might be fans of show,but that doesn't meant they know how to survive out there What you see on tv and then how it is out there,is another thing You might tell yourself, yeah I can do it,but I imagine that no one really knows,what they are getting into.

One thing I would want from Survivor is to send them,where there is ICE and SNOW We've seen them with rain and hot sun,but not once,were it is snowy,freezing and ice These last seasons seem like a vacation for some and I bet there would be better season,with everyone freezing their asses Please do that kind of seasons SURVIVOR!

maritimer00

[8]Jan 12, 2013

I just flashed back to last Fans season where one of the Fans "quit" cause she didn't know it was this hard....given number of seasons and a lot of footage of miserable living, there's no excuse for that thinking if they are true fans. As much as a cold weather Survivor would be fun, it makes for lousy TV...what sells ads? Beautiful babes and tanned guys in summer wear or wrapped up like mounds of cloth?

Edited on 01/12/2013 3:55pm
    Edited 3 total times.

mcepin3

[9]Jan 13, 2013

Well my counter to "hot babes" is that....they really aren't hot,when they get anorexic-like(example Heidi,Courtney,Jenna). Alot of girls/women are already on border-line of normal weight for them and by getting on Survivor,is just....blah

maritimer00

[10]Jan 13, 2013
    Oh I understand that but when Probst and company goes to sell ads for the show to clients, it's an easier sell to show em happy, swimwear wearing people in the "target demographic" range. Most of the clients prob. never watch the show but watch the audience numbers intensely.

That said, I'd love to see "Survivor: Canada" some day...

mcepin3

[11]Jan 15, 2013

I watched first episode of Fans vs Favs again, so I can name 10 favs now(won't bother editing,because I got something more to write)

Ozzy,Parvati,Amanda,Yau-man,James,Cirie,Penner,Ami,Johnny Fairplay,Eliza.

Here Survivor had 10 favs. While Eliza might not be my first or 5th choice for fav,she was great for season.

@maritimer00

Yeah, fan Kathy had some breakdown on Survivor She asked Chet,how she should call him,because he is homosexual And she made comment,that this is the first time she has seen implant..lol. Wasn't best representation of herself I think.

I wonder,if in this universe Phillip and Francesca really are favourites. I mean,Francesca was FIRST voted out,no? How the hell she came on favs. And from quick bio I read in article about all of them here on this site, I just don't get it,why those 2 are as favs. While I hope Phillip will be voted out among the firsts, I do pray that he isn't as crazy as they made him in his season.

anthem47

[12]Jan 16, 2013
    • level: 6

I seen Francesca on lists for an early boot season, in that she did seem like someone who could have been a big player if she wasn't targeted so early. So in that sense I'm glad to see her on board, it's just under theterm "favourite" that's a bit weird. Same with Erik, I'm glad to see him either recover his tarnished reputation as "worst player ever", or reinforce it through another boneheaded move, either is interesting, but I wouldn't call him a favourite that's for sure. Maybe they just needed to rename the season!

The fans this time around look like an interesting group of people though, so there's that.

Also I love this quote from Cochran that's doing the rounds: "I was looking around all the CBS stuff to see if I could find a logo for the season somewhere because I'm dying to know what this season is subtitled because it sure isn't being called Greatest Survivor Players of All-Time," Cochran told EW.com right before filming began in May 2012. "I'm afraid it's going to be some sort of unflattering thing like Dunce Island where we have to wear dunce caps instead of buffs or something. Because there are a lot of people that made weird moves or poor moves like me."

Who else would point that out...man I love that guy, haha. His flip may have been a poor choice, but he's pretty switched on, self-aware.

mcepin3

[13]Jan 16, 2013

Yeah, I have no problem with Francesca,just that season is named fans vs favs,so it was a shock,when I learned she is a "favourite".

Erik has reputation for worst player? Ever? I loved watching Erik play and compete. If he didn't give up immunity, I think he would have won whole thing. I imagine,that he would won rest of immunities also and jury would vote for him over any girl. I wanted to pick Erik,but memory still lingers on how he gave up immunity Maybe he was naive at that time and hopefully he won't make some dumb mistake again. I know I will also root for him.

lol at what Cochran said. Yeah, he is fun to watch and in my opinion was/is great player. I think he did right thing,to chose his own way in Survivor,even more so after how his tribe treated him. Made for one crazy season as well This latest season with 3 tribes was great,only shame that 1 tribe completely sucked at challenges