Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Caramoan - Outlast, Outwit, & Outpredict Game

anthem47

[21]Feb 23, 2013
    • level: 6

It is a tough call but I'm gonna say Shamar.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AdaHui

[22]Feb 26, 2013
    I'm also waffling between Brandon and Shamar but I'm going to go with Shamar for this one since they used one of Brandon's lines last week

Taylorg8

[23]Feb 26, 2013
    • level: 13
    This is tough but I'm going with Shamar. When will my favorite Brenda actually get involved in an episode!?!?! AHHH! haha

Dfan46

[24]Feb 26, 2013
    • level: 15

I feel ya, Taylorg8. So far it's mostly been a showcase of the crazies (Phillip, Brandon, and Shamar when he's awake). Here's hoping we get some more face time from underedited players this episode - I temporarily forgot Julia existed up until last week's TC vote.

Dfan46

[25]Feb 27, 2013

"If we lose, and my efforts aren't good enough for them to keep me around, by god...there's gonna be hell to pay." - Brandon

Damn those Survivor producers! They threw us off guard by quoting Brandon twice in a row. Good call on the fake out amazing_race. Despite not making a prediction on the quote, skbrettbug scored another 80 points for correctly guessing Hope's ouster and is the only remaining user eligible for the 1st category bonus. Here are the updated standings:

1. Skbrettbug: 240 points (with possibility of category bonus) (+80 from last week)

2. Dfan46: 185 points (--)

3. Amazing_race (+25) & Taylorg8 (--): 105 points

4. AdaHui: 80 points (--)

5. Anthem47: Surprisedpoints (--)

Edited on 02/27/2013 7:51pm

skbrettbug

[26]Feb 28, 2013
    • level: 19

Dfan46 wrote:

"If we lose, and my efforts aren't good enough for them to keep me around, by god...there's gonna be hell to pay." - Brandon

Damn those Survivor producers! They threw us off guard by quoting Brandon twice in a row. Good call on the fake out amazing_race. Despite not making a prediction on the quote, skbrettbug scored another 80 points for correctly guessing Hope's ouster and is the only remaining user eligible for the 1st category bonus. Here are the updated standings:

1. Skbrettbug: 240 points (with possibility of category bonus) (+80 from last week)

2. Dfan46: 185 points (--)

3. Amazing_race (+25) & Taylorg8 (--): 105 points

4. AdaHui: 80 points (--)

5. Anthem47: Surprisedpoints (--)

Wow! I forgot to make a prediction, but still got this! (For the record, I wouldn't have said Brandon.) That's awesome. Who knows what will happen next...this season is crazy!

Dfan46

[27]Mar 2, 2013

Alright, the title for Episode 4 is: "Kill or Be Killed"

Episode Description:

Feeling low after back to back tribal councils, the Fans tribe must deal with hostile elements and unwanted visitors in their camp.

This one I have no idea on. It could very easily be someone from the minority alliance on the Fans tribe, but since last week was a curveball I'll go with someone on the Favorites and choose Erik.

amazing_race

[28]Mar 3, 2013
    • level: 54

Well I think this is one of those quotes that could literally come from anybody. I'm just going to take a punt at my fave, Phillip.

skbrettbug

[29]Mar 4, 2013

I'm going to say Phillipas well, because that's something crazy and Phillip is crazy.Smile

Taylorg8

[30]Mar 4, 2013
    It's probably a favorite, but I'm gonna go with SHERRI anyway.

AdaHui

[31]Mar 5, 2013
    My first thought was that was so Phillip but the more I think about it, I'm going to say Reynold.

Dfan46

[32]Mar 5, 2013

So by the looks of the previews on CBS.com, it appears that there may be a medical evacuation this week. I'm not sure if this will result in 2 people being eliminated this episode, but if so, I'll calculate the points accordingly. Since the medical evacuee will likely be removed from the game first, they will count as the final spot in the First Boot category. If a contestant is voted out at tribal council as well, they will be the first Pre-Merger and all those who predict their exit will receive the newly adjusted 75 point bonus.

Although it's unfortunate one of the castaways will be taken out of the game, why don't we incorporate it into our game? If you manage to correctly guess who gets evacuated I'll award you 30 points. I'm hoping this reaches everyone in time before the show tomorrow so I'll notify each of you via mail message on the site.

I'm gonna throw my guess toward Matt since he was one of the three people featured in the preview.

EDIT: I'm going to change my vote to Shamar. He doesn't seem to be involved in the immunity challenge and the Fans tribe is down in numbers.

Edited on 03/05/2013 6:02pm

AdaHui

[33]Mar 6, 2013
    They probably want to fake us out with the teaser that it's Matt but they could also be hoping to double reverse fake us out....so in a roundabout way, my vote for the medical evacuee is Matt.

Yeah, so basically no clue LOL Par on the course for me, I just needed a guess.

Wouldn't it be something if it was Shamar though. It would just seem to easy since he was going to quit after all.

amazing_race

[34]Mar 6, 2013
    • level: 54

I'mm gonna say Shamar just because nobody else deserves to go home under those circumstances but since he wants to quit anyway, that would just make the choice easier.

anthem47

[35]Mar 6, 2013

Hmm tough one, I'll go Matt for the evacuee and Malcolm for the quote.

Taylorg8

[36]Mar 6, 2013
    Hmm... I don't know why, but I'm going with JULIA for the evacuation.

Dfan46

[37]Mar 6, 2013

Well, at least something good came out of Shamar's exit...anthem47 scored 80 points! Unfortunately for amazing_race, AdaHui, and myself this cut Laura out of being one of the First Boots but at least everyone is on the board now. No points for the quote tonight (I knew I should've gone with my initial guess Eddie - he just doesn't seem charismatic enough to have his words featured as an episode title). Amazing_race and I get 30 points for correctly predicting Shamar's evacuation. In addition, Taylorg8 and skbrettbug scored 75 points for Laura's placement as the first Pre-Merger. Here's where everyone stands:

1. skbrettbug: 315 points (w/ possibility of 70 point correct order bonus) (+75 from last week)

2. Dfan46: 215 points (+30)

3. Taylorg8: 180 points (w/ possibility of 50 point category bonus) (+75)

4. amazing_race: 135 points (+30)

5. anthem47 (+80!) & AdaHui (--): 80 points

DISCLAIMER: Because the number of Jury Members has yet to be disclosed, there may be adjustments to the point totals in the future. Right now, correct guesses for Pre-Mergers are worth 75 points. This may depreciate or increase based on when the tribes come together. I suspect either the merge or a tribe shake-up is on the horizon with the Fans down to 6 players.

Now that we've surpassed the 1st category, here's a graphical representation of the standings (I got bored during an episode of The Walking Dead).

photo SurvivorGraph1-1.jpg

I have to say next week looks pretty entertaining. I think I remember reading online somewhere that Jeff said the season really starts to pick up steam around Episode 5 and I for one am looking forward to witnessing Brandon finally lose his sh*t - that's the only reason they brought him backin the first place,right?

Edited on 03/06/2013 9:13pm
    Edited 2 total times.

anthem47

[38]Mar 7, 2013

I have points! Actually I was starting to like the idea of ending the season on zero points, that's enough of a feat to feel like a win in itself, haha. But that's okay, enough time for a comeback! Mind you 3 of my 5 pre-merge picks are already gone...the other two are Brenda and Corinne though, and I'd say they're probably good picks to go if the fans start to turn it around.

EDIT: Also, spreadsheets make me happy.

Edited on 03/07/2013 1:58am

skbrettbug

[39]Mar 7, 2013

Looks like I've got a diagonal line going.SmileOnward and upward! Too bad I keep forgetting to check the board for the fun bonii (plural of bonus?). It's lucky that I forgot to put Laura's name there, otherwise I'd be 75 points less. Great game you have going, Dfan!

Dfan46

[40]Mar 7, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:

Looks like I've got a diagonal line going.SmileOnward and upward! Too bad I keep forgetting to check the board for the fun bonii (plural of bonus?). It's lucky that I forgot to put Laura's name there, otherwise I'd be 75 points less. Great game you have going, Dfan!

Thanks skbrettbug! It's been fun keeping up with this so far. I'll do my best to alert everyone as soon as I introduce any new prediction ideas - I want there to be as many opportunities for points as possible (without being ridiculous, of course. There won't be any reward for guessing Phillip's new island accessory this season).

If you guys have additional ideas for what we should predict feel free to mention it in a future post - it's only appropriate that this game offers some twists and turns like the show it's based around.