Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor Caramoan - Outlast, Outwit, & Outpredict Game

Taylorg8

[61]Mar 24, 2013
    • level: 13
    I agree with the Corinne thing. That's all I can think of, so I'll go with CORINNE.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AdaHui

[62]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 6

The only other person I could think of that might make that type of comment perhaps Michael but my first thought and what I'll go with is Corinne as well

Edited on 03/25/2013 1:12am

anthem47

[63]Mar 25, 2013
    • level: 7

Yeah I'd like to be different but it has to be someone on that tribe and Corinne is the only likely candidate. Corinne for me too. (Though I'll laugh if Dawn turns around and surprises us, haha)

skbrettbug

[64]Mar 27, 2013
    • level: 19

I'm going to jump on the bandwagon here...it's Corinne. Although Phillip is a candidate, Corinne seems moreso suited for this quote.

EDIT: I can't seem to ever spell her name correctly!

Edited on 03/27/2013 6:55am

Dfan46

[65]Mar 27, 2013
    • level: 15

Apparently neither can CBS lol

photo Corinne.jpg

skbrettbug

[66]Mar 27, 2013

Haha, very funny! Don't you love CBS?

Dfan46

[67]Mar 27, 2013

I have to say that was probably the most predictable episode of the season thus far.It didn't make for the most riveting of television viewing but at least it resulted in some points for our game. Here are the updated standings:

1. skbrettbug: 465 points (+25 from last week)

2. Dfan46: 440 points (+100)

3. Taylorg8: 255 points (+25)

4. amazing_race: 235 points (--)

5. anthem47: 155 points (+25)

6. AdaHui: 130 points (+25)

Well, thanks to Bikal's losing streak, it looks like the merge may be sneaking up on us 1 week earlier than expected. This throws the point totals off by a bit but since the Pre-Merge phase of the game was relatively quiet for us it may benefit some of our scores if there are more spots for jury members. Here's what I plan to do: If next week does result in the beginning of the Jury Member phase I will alter the points. I don't want to make the changes just yet in case Jeff and co. decide to cut one more castaway loose before a jury is accumulated. It would be a bizarre move on their part, but I don't really want to act prematurely and then go back and recalculate everyone's scores.

Dfan46

[68]Mar 29, 2013

The title for Episode 8 is: "Blindside Time"

Episode Description:

The tribes merge into a single tribe and talk starts among some about potentially blindsiding a person at the upcoming tribal council.

This one is pretty broad but I'll throw my guess toward Malcolm based on his strategizing in the previous episode.

Just so there's less confusion when I update the points next week, here's how everything will shakedown if in fact the first jury member is revealed.

Since there were a total of 4 Pre-Mergers instead of 5, a correct guess in this category will count for 80 points instead of the original 75 & the Jury Members will now be worth 55 points. This means that Taylorg8 will receive an additional 5 points for 1 correct Pre-Merge guess and skbrettbug and myself get 10 points each for 2 correct guesses.

As for the jury phase of the game, everyone's 12th castaway will now count as a Jury Member instead of a Pre-Merge pick.

Amazing_race - although Brandon would have technically become your 1st Jury Member, I don't think it's fair to deduct points from your score since he was intended to be part of your Pre-Merge group. Because of this, we'll treat him as such and you'll get an additional 5 point bump. To make it a little morefair to the other users though, he'll still also count as one of your Jury Member spots, meaning you'll miss out on 1 opportunity to earn 55 points (this is fairest equalizer idea I could come up with without making the game too complex).

Edited on 03/29/2013 12:35pm

anthem47

[69]Mar 29, 2013

Whew, this one is wide open compared to the last few. I'll guess Corinne for this, talking about Phillip (trying to make it come true through the power of thought! Clap your hands if you believe!)

Dfan46

[70]Mar 30, 2013

Oh I totally forgot! Since we're now at the merge, how about we predict the winner of each week's immunity challenge? We'll make this category worth 30 points since its pretty broad and the jury members are worth a little less than the Pre-Merge guesses. I'll place my bet on Reynold winning the food eating contest. Who do you guys think it will be?

anthem47

[71]Mar 30, 2013

I might go Erik for immunity, he seems like the type of guy who'd take this sort of thing in stride.

skbrettbug

[72]Apr 1, 2013

Reynoldfor no rhyme nor reason other than his stamina.

amazing_race

[73]Apr 3, 2013
    • level: 54

Am going with Erik for Immunity and for Queen Andrea for the episode title for no apparent reason!

I just realised that I forgot to guess last week, but I wouldn't have gone with Corinne so no matter.

AdaHui

[74]Apr 4, 2013
    • level: 6
    I totally missed this week's prediction but I would have been totally wrong about immunity! Bah.

anthem47

[75]Apr 4, 2013

Just a quick observation, Jeff didn't refer to Corinne as "the first member of our jury", which is interesting. Might be a jury of eight again.

Also...are previews for the next episode spoilery? Well, spoilers just in case...

I think that upcoming showmance got a mention in the preview for next episode.

Dfan46

[76]Apr 4, 2013

First off, sorry for the delayed post. I had 2 exams to study for and one of my professors has a penchant for giving pop quizzes so I had to review for that as well. Now then, onto this week's update...

Corinne's exit is an interesting one for our game. Although she technically made the merge, it doesn't look like she'll be the 1st member of the Jury (Bummer. I was really looking forward to a verbal smackdown at Ponderosa between her and Phillip). Because of this rather unusual development, here's what will happen: for those of you who predicted Corinne as a Pre-Merge/Non-Jury Member pick, you will still receive 75 points. Since she also made it past the merge though, I'm going to count that as a 60 point bump for myself so a bone is thrown to all. Anthem47 got the quote of the night right and earns 25 points. Here's the updated rankings, along with a new graph reflecting our mid-season scores:

1. skbrettbug: 540 points (+75 from last week)

2. Dfan46: 500 points (+60)

3. Taylorg8: 330 points (+75)

4. amazing_race: 310 points (+75)

5. anthem47: 255 points (+100)

6. AdaHui: 205 points (+75)

photo 3b56428a-b3d8-44ae-8c5b-149071bfb18e.jpg

Next week definitely looks interesting. I'm betting you're right about the showmance anthem47 - I thought Andrea would've learned from her 1st time out but I guess you can't blame someone who's had to endure Phillip's moobs for the span of 2 seasons.

Edited on 04/04/2013 1:09pm

Dfan46

[77]Apr 6, 2013

The title for Episode 9 is: "Cut Off the Head of the Snake"

Episode Description:

One castaway learns a secret that will potentially change the game, and chaos ensues when confused castaways are undecided on whether to vote out an easy target or blindside a big threat

I'd be shocked if anyone got this episode title wrong. Since this one is essentially a freebie, I'm gonna amend my previous rule and have us make a prediction on who will win the reward and immunity challenges (both are worth 30 points). If you don't want to know what challenges will be included in the episode you can make blind guesses but I'll list them below for everyone to have the opportunity to make an informed prediction.

(INFORMATION ON REWARD & IMMUNITY CHALLENGES BELOW - NOT NECESSARILY SPOILERS)

The Reward Challenge is Jump Shot (as seen in Nicaragua) and the Immunity Challenge is Last Gasp (as seen in Palau & Micronesia). Since Jump Shot is a team challenge I'll post the teams on here as well:

Purple Team: Eddie, Cochran, Michael, Reynold, & Erik

Orange Team: Dawn, Brenda, Malcolm, Andrea, & Phillip

Sherri does not participate in the challenge

For the Reward Challenge I'm gonna say that Eddie's team wins and for Immunity I'll go with Reynold again - hopefully his fear of holding his breath is less than his fear of foreign "delicacies"

anthem47

[78]Apr 6, 2013

I love Last Gasp!

I'll go with Eddie's purple team for the reward challenge, and Eddie for the immunity (I seem to have a lot of faith in the guy!).

skbrettbug

[79]Apr 7, 2013

How about Purple Teamfor Reward and Reynoldfor Immunity (I'm going to keep picking that guy until he wins!)

Taylorg8

[80]Apr 8, 2013
    • level: 13
    Oh no! I completely forgot to answer predictions for last week! I was in Costa Rica for spring break but oh well I still did alright. Ok. So Reward... I'll go Dawn's ORANGE TEAM just to be different and Immunity.... ERIK.