TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSBetween Seasons

Survivor E10 Big Bad Wolf discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Big Bad Wolf episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 19
    Go Red Sox!

Making it early, I see

maritimer00

[3]Nov 20, 2013
    Aras losing at the duel...and showing signs that fences are mending tween him and his brother is good to see.

Looks like none of the duos will survive to the end though in the current state of thinking.

skbrettbug

[4]Nov 20, 2013
    maritimer00 wrote:
    Aras losing at the duel...and showing signs that fences are mending tween him and his brother is good to see.

Looks like none of the duos will survive to the end though in the current state of thinking.

With Laura gone it is true

joepetrizzo7

[5]Nov 20, 2013
    • level: 10
    That was a good episode. For the first time, I think Ciera has a very good chance of winning. Caleb has some nerve calling Katie a floater. Tyson is back to me not liking him again. I don't really have any other comments.

skbrettbug

[6]Nov 20, 2013
    Definitely a good "camp life" segment there

maritimer00

[7]Nov 20, 2013
    The previews for next ep suggest a Tyson blindside though I suspect its a fakeout...barring a miracle, it's still Tyson's game to lose at this point.

mcepin3

[8]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 17

Ciera is becoming more and more powerful. I love it. Usually people,who didn't do much in first half of game,don't do much after merge,but Ciera is complete 180. Laura M. is full of bs and I am glad she is voted out...AGAIN: NOW STAY OUT AND GO TO JURY ALREADY!!!! And how she played Katie...damn,that was some smart and fast thinking. I thought now she will pull in Katie,Laura M. and 1 more and turn this whole game around,but then I thought: ok Monica follows Tyson no matter what,Tyson and Gervase are in it to win it,Caleb and Hayden are probably sticking with each other,so who could Ciera get? No way Tyson or Gervase,also no on Monica,but she could get Caleb and Hayden. But at the end,I am happy that Laura M: was voted out. Ciera is a much better player than her!! Go Ciera.

Congrats Tina! I thought she will beat of them,when she was at the very end with ball,but then it fell out...omg...and then she did it again. Congrats Vytas also.

Yeah it's Tyson game now,hopefully he can play the idol,if he really becoms target,not just talk,how they should get rid of him. I think next vote will be between Tyson and Ciera? I hope it's Monica,because if top dogs go after each other,she is the one,who will coast to finals.

I think Hayden is coasting/floating through the game the most out of everybody. Katie was always on outs,yet she is still here,while Hayden was always safe in numbers. Ok,yeah he made alliances with numbers,I give him that,but I think you(anyone who reads this) know what I mean. Caleb was almost voted out,but he turned it around on Brad and that'y why he's still in game. Shame he didn't or isn't doing much post-merge. Please don't turn into Sherri !

mcepin3

[9]Nov 21, 2013

On After Show Parvati said,if I got it right,that 2 weeks from now is gonna be 2 episodes? Is it already finale at that time? We are at 7 players atm with RI still in play,so it makes it 8 players(because only 1 comes back from RI).

anthem47

[10]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 7

Interestingly, there's more loved ones in the final 7 than there are returnees now, which is pretty amazing considering how dire things looked in the first few weeks (although once you factor in RI, it evens out at five each). And despite all the alliances and sub-alliances going at the moment, I think it would be in the best interests of all four of them for Katie, Ciera, Hayden and Caleb to realise this is the case and band together. Especially for Ciera, who would probably win in a final four like that, which I would love, she's kind of amazing. Smart, strong...I was going to add attractive but she's about 10 years younger than me so that's probably borderline inappropriate, haha. Awkward.

Unrelated comment, I was thinking I wouldn't mind watching a season where we aren't shown who finds the idol. It might be a bit tricky to edit confessionals around that, but yeah it might make certain situations more of a surprise. We would still know who got clues and who went looking, and I would expect some kind of flashback at the moment it's played to when exactly they found it. But yeah, just a thought.

anthem47

[11]Nov 21, 2013

mcepin3 wrote:

On After Show Parvati said,if I got it right,that 2 weeks from now is gonna be 2 episodes? Is it already finale at that time? We are at 7 players atm with RI still in play,so it makes it 8 players(because only 1 comes back from RI).

Hmm, I don't see the after show where I am, but there's typically 15 episodes in a season (including the reunion, so 14 with gameplay) and we just finished episode 10 with ten people left (including RI). Here's how I imagine it would go.

Episode 11: 9 people (6 + 3 RI)

Episode 12: 8 people (5 + 3 RI)

Episode 13: Starts with wrapping up RI, booting two out and bringing the winner over, so we have 6 people. Then at the end of the episode there is a normal vote out, bringing it down to 5.

Episode 14: I think final episodes typically have 5 people left these days, with two eliminations and a final three.

Edited on 11/21/2013 5:08am

skbrettbug

[12]Nov 21, 2013
    I don't want to see Tyson go!! He's my favorite now

Colin_Rob_Rock

[13]Nov 21, 2013
    • level: 11

Yeah the preview worried me hopefully he wins immunity and stops them.

OK let me start by saying this I HATE Laura and I would do just about anything to win If I was on survivor.

With that said Ciara lost some of the respect she earned in the last few weeks. She was looking for a reason to vote out her mom. There were plenty of ways for the two of them to try and make finals. They could have pulled in Katie and the other former Galang, Or Katie and Monica. There were ways to try and stay together. And she didn't have to vote for her mom in the end she would have been gone anyway.

mcepin3

[14]Nov 21, 2013

anthem47 wrote:

mcepin3 wrote:

Hmm, I don't see the after show where I am, but there's typically 15 episodes in a season (including the reunion, so 14 with gameplay) and we just finished episode 10 with ten people left (including RI). Here's how I imagine it would go.

I am sure,if I can watch it,so can you. I am not from US,I am from Slovenia and I can watch After Show on CBS. Here's link: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/video(copy paste it).

Parvati is a great host. Because she has done it 3 times,she has knowledge of the game,so she knows what to ask and can relate to castaways,doesn't make it about herself,makes it funny,...I like watching it.

About Ciera...if she went to Monica,Monica would run to Tyson 100%. She should have gone to Caleb and Hayden(I think even,if she went only to one,Caleb would tell Hayden about plan and vice versa),Katie and Laura M. and there are all the numbers she needs.

I think she is playing them all and us. She voted her mom out,because that makes guys believe she is with them,so that's kinda like her ticket to finals. If Laura M. loses and I think Ciera is betting on her losing,that gives her 1 vote in jury already. Laura M. would probably then influence others to vote for Ciera,but I think Ciera could make a great case for herself,if she gets to finals. I think Laura M. will lose challenge,maybe not this one,but that she will lose one RI,if Ciera will be still in the game. Given that next episode will be about Tyson and possible blindside for him,I wonder between,which 2 the vote will be. Hopefully not Ciera,because I really want Monica out.

anthem47

[15]Nov 22, 2013

mcepin3 wrote:

I am sure,if I can watch it,so can you. I am not from US,I am from Slovenia and I can watch After Show on CBS. Here's link: http://www.cbs.com/shows/survivor/after-show/video(copy paste it).

Oh hey you're right! The actual episodes are geo-blocked for me so I assumed everything was, but I can watch the After Show. Cool thanks! (Holy crap it's an hour long...just have to find time now...)

mcepin3

[16]Nov 22, 2013

Yeah latest one is hour long,but previous are between 30-42min. They aren't all always the same length. Maybe these are gonna be hour long,because castaways are from jury and have more to talk about,don't know,but will see.

marknmo

[17]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 12
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

OK let me start by saying this I HATE Laura and I would do just about anything to win If I was on survivor.

With that said Ciara lost some of the respect she earned in the last few weeks. She was looking for a reason to vote out her mom. There were plenty of ways for the two of them to try and make finals. They could have pulled in Katie and the other former Galang, Or Katie and Monica. There were ways to try and stay together. And she didn't have to vote for her mom in the end she would have been gone anyway.

I had the same thoughts about Ciera voting her mom out and not attempting other strategies. I understand it's a risk for her game if she tries to keep her, but I don't think it would be something anybody would hold against her, since they have all been in that boat this season. Eventually, Laura would have gone, and Ciera would still be the one left in the game, but it's odd to me that instead of trying to fight off that moment as long as she could, she just joined in on the bandwagon to get her out. And like you said, it even seemed like she was looking for an excuse to do it already. I felt like she had this idea in her head of how things were "supposed" to go and wasn't willing to let go of it, even if it meant pushing her mom out of the game to make it happen. Talking to Caleb would have been the key to keeping her mom, I think.

joepetrizzo7

[18]Nov 22, 2013
    • level: 10
    I think what really happened with Ciera is that she probably thought John would come back from RI and not Laura and she set up her game with that assumption.

skbrettbug

[19]Nov 22, 2013
    marknmo wrote:
    Colin_Rob_Rock wrote:

I had the same thoughts about Ciera voting her mom out and not attempting other strategies. I understand it's a risk for her game if she tries to keep her, but I don't think it would be something anybody would hold against her, since they have all been in that boat this season. Eventually, Laura would have gone, and Ciera would still be the one left in the game, but it's odd to me that instead of trying to fight off that moment as long as she could, she just joined in on the bandwagon to get her out. And like you said, it even seemed like she was looking for an excuse to do it already. I felt like she had this idea in her head of how things were "supposed" to go and wasn't willing to let go of it, even if it meant pushing her mom out of the game to make it happen. Talking to Caleb would have been the key to keeping her mom, I think.

Idk just in my opinion I wouldn't vote off my loved one for anything.

mcepin3

[20]Nov 23, 2013

I also wouldn't vote against my loved one,but I understand Ciera's play and strategy.