Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E10 "Whiners are Wieners" Discussion

  • Avatar of mcepin3

    mcepin3

    [1]Nov 22, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 754

    Another one gone and last one they need to get rid of. The most stupid Survivor every that played game to this date---Abi-Maria!


    Where does one start with her? One thing I love is, that Jeff has to sit on every tribal council and not say a word and he just has to listen to Abi saying one stupid thing after another


    And she can't blame this on being a cultural thing for her ignorance. She thought she had it in the bag with Pete and Artis and now that her little house of cards is blown,she does only thing she knows....be an even bigger bitch then she was before No, not gonna cook,but will eat...not gonna be grateful, that people she was on team with(they won,not her...she is useless) won and went on that reward,but will throw it in other people's faces.


    Would be awsome if Pete walked in on next tribal council with sign on his shirt:"I put that idol clue in RC's bag"


    Only 2 real alliances left are: Malcolm and Denise.....and Lisa and Skupin


    Still would wanna see, that either Penner wins it, but I am also rooting for others,so I am good with whoever wins. I do hope they vote out Abi and not bring her to final! Carter doesn't have a chance to win it,Abi(if she gets further) also zero chance.


    Think it can be like this:


    with final 3: (if there will be final 3 that is)


    Penner,Malcolm,Denise(here can also be added Skupin,Carter and Abi,but against those 2 they have 0% chance,that's why I left Denise out,because she might win,but doubtful)....tough call on who wins...would want Penner(40% chance) to win,but maybe Malcolm(60% chance) wins. Denise depends on what is going through jury's mind...they might say she didn't do much and that she had Malcolm


    Penner,Lisa,Skupin....again tough...either Penner(55%) or Lisa(45%)


    Penner,Malcolm,Lisa....really tough decision...either of those 3 could get it....I'd say Malcolm I guess,just because he(and Denise) had and up-hill battle to stay in game


    Malcolm,Lisa,Denise...maybe either Malcolm or Denise....again tough call



    or maybe it will happen as stead14 says

    Edited on 11/22/2012 2:52am
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mcepin3

    mcepin3

    [3]Nov 22, 2012
    • member since: 08/22/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 754
    Cricketman_au wrote:
    So....

    Does anyone have any sympathy for Abi? Yes, she has been a grade-A bitch, and yes, she is acting like a bit of a sore loser... but lets consider her situation for a moment: She's Brazilian, English isnt her first language, and so logically the nuances and slang of the other tribe members would escape her. Also, I think its fairly clear that she has little-to-no self-awareness (it may be a bit of a stretch, but let's compare her to someone with autism), and that cant be easy to be forced to learn about herself under those circumstances. I can feel sorry for her to a point for these troubles.

    That being said, she was ridiculous in the aftermath of the reward, but in fairness, the only other thing more ridiculous was that Malcolm and Pete wanted to 'relax' at the reward instead of potentially putting together a young people alliance! Think about it: Malcolm and Abi had idols, Pete and Carter could help ensure that those 4 would monopolise the challenges, and there is no way that Carter or Abi would be given enough votes to win the million, giving either Pete or Malcolm an almost certain win.



    I was feeling a bit of sympathy,but she ruined that in a second Denise was talking and she kept interupting her and throwing (yet again) her bitch face. When Denise realised she ain't getting it, she just smiled and gave up on her Why would Denise manipulate others,when they all see how she is.
    I am from Slovenia and English is also not my first language, but I get everything....saying she is Brazillian is just an excuse for her.
    Look how she acts towards Lisa and Skupin. As long as they vote with her or lets say her way,then everything is ok and she doesn't care about others,but when people use their minds and she is on the outside,then she throws: "I am from Brazil" card.

    Malcolm said that he had people back at camp he wants to go with to finals. I think that was smart. He wanted to enjoy reward and relax, not to listen to bullies Pete and Abi promising him sun and moon, when he sits in such a good position. Why ruin that...yeah like you say,easy win,but what does that say about him then? Plus he has Denise back at camp and their alliance is the strongest(ok Lisa and Skupin are also tight),so any plan involving going forward has to include Denise or else Malcolm isn't interested.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AdaHui

    AdaHui

    [4]Nov 26, 2012
    • member since: 07/05/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 54

    I have no sympathy for Abi at all. And do I believe the tears are real? Not really. I give her that she's Brazilian and English isn't her first language but I don't buy the excuse that it hinders her. The only thing that's stopping her from understanding how people react to her is herself and her way-too-large ego. I've been around many people who are from abroad and their first inclination is not insult people at every turn. Even if someone says something that in one culture might mean something else, that doesn't excuse how poorly Abi treats EVERYONE. And to say that's the Brazilian way (at least by using that as an excuse), it reflects very poorly on other Brazalians who do not act like terrors. She's just plain outright, a horrible person. As for Malcolm wanting to enjoy reward and not talk shop, I have no issues with that. He's pretty secure in where his allegiance stands and there was no reason to turn his back on them and try to go with the 2 most likely to get voted out in the ensuing tribals. It was smart of him to nip it right at the beginning. My personal preference for final 3 would be to see Denise, Malcolm and Carter there. I have no real issues against Penner so if it flipped him with Carter, than whatevs but I just don't think Skupin or Lisa should be there at the end. Skupin could have been a big player on Tandang but he was too much of a follower. Lisa - for all her loyalty talk - the fact that she threw Malcolm under the bus like that, I didn't like that play at all. Neither of them is a horrible person, I just don't think I'd like to see them win.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of EdgeOfThorns316

    EdgeOfThorns316

    [5]Nov 26, 2012
    • member since: 05/03/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 695
    AdaHui wrote:

    I have no sympathy for Abi at all. And do I believe the tears are real? Not really. I give her that she's Brazilian and English isn't her first language but I don't buy the excuse that it hinders her. The only thing that's stopping her from understanding how people react to her is herself and her way-too-large ego. I've been around many people who are from abroad and their first inclination is not insult people at every turn. Even if someone says something that in one culture might mean something else, that doesn't excuse how poorly Abi treats EVERYONE. And to say that's the Brazilian way (at least by using that as an excuse), it reflects very poorly on other Brazalians who do not act like terrors. She's just plain outright, a horrible person. As for Malcolm wanting to enjoy reward and not talk shop, I have no issues with that. He's pretty secure in where his allegiance stands and there was no reason to turn his back on them and try to go with the 2 most likely to get voted out in the ensuing tribals. It was smart of him to nip it right at the beginning. My personal preference for final 3 would be to see Denise, Malcolm and Carter there. I have no real issues against Penner so if it flipped him with Carter, than whatevs but I just don't think Skupin or Lisa should be there at the end. Skupin could have been a big player on Tandang but he was too much of a follower. Lisa - for all her loyalty talk - the fact that she threw Malcolm under the bus like that, I didn't like that play at all. Neither of them is a horrible person, I just don't think I'd like to see them win.



    Agreed, ive no sympathy for her either. Those tears are bs, she just has nobody else around to help her bully other people...so yea, tears is all she has left.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of anthem47

    anthem47

    [6]Nov 27, 2012
    • member since: 02/18/08
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 376

    About the only thing I'll give Abi is that I believe her when she says she wasn't intentionally rubbing the reward challenge in people's faces. I watched it again because I was curious, my feeling ended up being it was completely socially inept, but not malicious. So that's something. Of course the rest of her personality completely counterbalances that, heh.


    Otherwise I enjoyed the episode, but fairly predictable. I think it will be interesting to see what happens next though. My dream final three, ignoring who would be good to take to the end etcetera, is Jonathan, Denise and Malcolm. And faced with those three, it'd be a tough choice if I were on the jury. I think I'd vote Denise just because she's kind of awesome.


    Interesting fact: if Abi does go next, each of the originalthree tribes will have two people in the final six.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.