Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E11 Come Over To The Dark Side Discussion

maritimer00

[1]Apr 24, 2013
    • level: 71

All in all, not a bad episode. The food auction segment is always fun to watch (poor Brenda getting stuck with the equivalent of the Survivor "Zonk!") and the scene of Malcolm and Andrea sitting on the well wasa hoot. Good for Andrea to sniff out what Malcolm was up to...she knows she was targeted and acted accordingly.

Great to see Cochran scoop up immunity again..not bad for the guy Ozzy dismissed in the past with contempt.

Looks like the fun starts next episode as the alliance turns on each other...maybe...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mcepin3

[2]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 17

Great episode. Happened what I was hoping it would happen...with Phillip gone,EVERYONE got screen time. Erik and Brenda(love these 2) got more screen time...THANK YOU for this. We got insight on their thoughts and everyone got their fair share. Great to see Erik playing game and thinking what is best for Erik.

Poor Brenda..my heart went out to her at auction...but I don't get them and many others at these auctions. They spend 500 on, let's say just a slice of food like that,but hesitate spending it on a clue or advantage in game. If it were me,I would say 500 soon as Probst would say "this will give you adva..." Me: "500!!!". And even if that is later gone,you could still spend 500 on food. Gonna bid 20,40,60...come on,be smart about it! Yes you could even win 2 or even 3 items,if you play it really smart,but I think there's no need to be greedy. No idea why they make such a big deal out of it,because anyone would have picked rice and beans for whole group over something just for them or they would become target for next vote very soon.

Go Cochran!!! Very smart play done by him. Andrea and Malcolm sitting and waiting there just priceless. Wished they showed even little more of it...I laughed so hard.

I thought Reynold will be going home,but it was Malcolm. Wooow. Even Eddie voted for Malcolm at very end. Guess he knew it wouldn't make any difference,but can you imagine if at that point Sherri and Erik flipped Sherri says she is controling game now,so I am interested what she will say in her screen time. And I was kinda expecting for Malcolm to pull idol,but seems he really didn't find it. Eddie and Reynold have the biggest luck in Survivor atm

dragonradar

[3]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 11

I was rooting for cochran. But to think he is a challenge threat is a laugh. He barely won won this challenge even with the advantage. I'm glad sherri and erik didn't flip.

mcepin3

[4]Apr 25, 2013

Anyone who wins is a threat. Doesn't really matter if you win by a lot,or just that you win. He got that advantage fair and square...others had chance to buy it,but were holding back the money. I am not saying Cochran is the biggest threat,but threat no less. So is anyone,who still is in the game. Did others fail on last part or even before? I forgot,will watch it again soon.

dreaddy

[5]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 3
    What an episode. And happy it turned out this way. The rule of Survivor holds strong: IF YOU FLIP YOU DON'T LAST. Malcolm chose to turn on Stealth-R-US and this is his reward. Sherri and Erik would've been fools to jump ship at this time. Had they gone over to Malcolm's rebel tribe they would be #4 and #5 in the 3 Amigos alliance with no chance to win immunity challenges. So why not knock out some of the stronger guys then give yourself a chance at winning immunity. Glad for Cochran, winning an immunity challenge again. Now he fancies himself a Challenge tiger of some sort. lol Good move by Andrea to stick with Malcolm so he couldn't look for the idol. For a moment I thought Cochran would double back to the tree after Andrea and Malcolm left, know the idol is in that vicinity. I guess Malcolm thought he had Eric and Sherri in the bag. When it was all tied up I knew (and he knew too) that he was a gonner. Was so sorry for Brenda; thought she was saving her bucks for buying the clue to immunity. Now the game is wide open. They are not going to keep Stealth together to get rid of the two Amigos left. I think they will use the votes of the two guys to form a smaller power group with an idea of an end run to the final 4 or 3. I guess here is where Sherri is hoping to shine. Cochran is playing a good game so far but has to be careful of not making himself a target by winning too many immunity challenges. For a long time Survivor viewer (from the First episode) I'm thrilled to see Survivor has gone back to its original formula; complete with eating yucky stuff etc (Car challenge still not back yet). What makes this season special is the Favorites are so much wiser this time around. They are making smart decisions and are not repeating the mistakes they made the last time around. For instance, when Dawn was told of Corinne's plan she didn't keep it to herself like she did last time around. And she first told the right people which resulted in one of the best blindsides in Survivor history. Love the game.

dragonradar

[6]Apr 25, 2013
    mcepin3 wrote:

Anyone who wins is a threat. Doesn't really matter if you win by a lot,or just that you win. He got that advantage fair and square...others had chance to buy it,but were holding back the money. I am not saying Cochran is the biggest threat,but threat no less. So is anyone,who still is in the game. Did others fail on last part or even before? I forgot,will watch it again soon.

Well.. I just thought he was kind of cocky what he said after won (reminds me of phillip).. He is a survivor player threat in term of a strategic player.. I think he is the strongest threat in that sense. But not in challenges. I doubt he's going to win anymore challenges.

UnovaChampion

[7]Apr 25, 2013
    I have full confidence that a good handful more of Cochran immunity wins are around the corner, he nearly beat Ozzy in his first season and now he's going to show up Reynold in that next challenge and send him packing.

dreaddy

[8]Apr 25, 2013
    • level: 3

dragonradar wrote:
    mcepin3 wrote:

Well.. I just thought he was kind of cocky what he said after won (reminds me of phillip).. He is a survivor player threat in term of a strategic player.. I think he is the strongest threat in that sense. But not in challenges. I doubt he's going to win anymore challenges.

I don't think Cochran really believes he's a monster at challenges. That was just sarcastic Cochran yaking it up. He knows he can't win any challenges unless it involves eating something or maybe a puzzle. He's got a rich sense of humor which makes him pretty entertaining to listen to. Hope he gets a lot more face time now. He's actually in a position to take over this game now. He's got to keep Dawn and Brenda close to him. Andrea panics too easily. Can someone tell me why they're targeting her? Both sides brought up her name at one point or another. I'm thinking Sherri might take hold of the two Amigos (now that they're adrift without Captain Malcolm) and draw Andrea with them or flighty Eric. He did hit the on switch on that brain of his last TC and did not jump ship. Hope the switch stays on.

Who would you like to see return next season? IT's time to bring back big bad Russel Hans. I'd like to see Cerie back too.

dragonradar

[9]Apr 25, 2013
    dreaddy wrote:

dragonradar wrote:
    mcepin3 wrote:

I don't think Cochran really believes he's a monster at challenges. That was just sarcastic Cochran yaking it up. He knows he can't win any challenges unless it involves eating something or maybe a puzzle. He's got a rich sense of humor which makes him pretty entertaining to listen to. Hope he gets a lot more face time now. He's actually in a position to take over this game now. He's got to keep Dawn and Brenda close to him. Andrea panics too easily. Can someone tell me why they're targeting her? Both sides brought up her name at one point or another. I'm thinking Sherri might take hold of the two Amigos (now that they're adrift without Captain Malcolm) and draw Andrea with them or flighty Eric. He did hit the on switch on that brain of his last TC and did not jump ship. Hope the switch stays on.

Who would you like to see return next season? IT's time to bring back big bad Russel Hans. I'd like to see Cerie back too.

yea, I think you're right about that. Wasn't Russel bitter about his last show and said he was never going to come back? I would prefer to have something like brains vs brawns . or would that be too similar to heroes vs villains?

cuculhain

[10]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 8

it may not mean anything, but I just watched the Survivor aftershow, and Malcolm said that Reynolds knew the directions to the hidden immunity idol he tried to find this week. I think the fact that he was so willing (and able) to share that information before next weeks' episode airs is evidence the AReynolds DOESN'T find it. So it is an intriguing idea that he knows, but not a spoiler . And without an idol, Reynolds is a loss away from leaving. The previews make it seem like he is one of the finalists in the pyramid challenge, so maybe he is going to start a run of wins to keep himself in it for a while. at least I hope that is what it means.

AdaHui

[11]Apr 26, 2013
    • level: 6
    Oh sadness. I was really pulling for Malcolm. What are the chances he was able to tell Reynold/Eddie the locale before tribal? I'm expecting Andrea or Cochran to go look for it since they know the general vicinity.

I really want to see Andrea out. I'm kinda sick of her. I felt really bad for Brenda during the food challenge but hey, she got her letter from home.

I'm definitely with mcepin3 when it comes to how slow people were to react when Jeff had the advantage. Seriously people, don't you want to win the game? I'd have been all over that.

Good episode, I still hope the Amigos can pull off staying a little longer but I'm thinking Cochran all the way!

mcepin3

[12]Apr 26, 2013

dreaddy wrote:

dragonradar wrote:
    mcepin3 wrote:

Yeah,I also think Cochran was saying it more as a joke,then a real statement,that he is the biggest threat. I also have to say this...challenges are not just physical. Food challenge was pure mind game. This last one was all about endurance. Again,Cochran got himself that advantage fair and square. To think,that since Eddie,Reynold and Malcolm were on the bottom,they would be all over some advantage and clue in game. Well Malcolm was the only one.But those 2 were holding back the money...wooow.

I think also,because Cochran won immunity,people say,well if he won it,that wasn't really a challenge and that is unfair. If any other,physical male/female won,they would say,it was real challenge. Cochran now won 2(!) challenges. One is anyone can do it,right? 2 is something,where you start seeing them in different light. If he wins a 3rd one,people will have to give him some credit. Someone already said this,but Cochran almost beat Ozzy first time. It was real close at end and Ozzy,who is king of challenges. I also bet,that some people saw Cochran's crying as weakness,when he read his letter(not saying anyone here,but as a general thing),just because it was Cochran. I loved him first time around and now even more.

Even if Cochran gets a little cocky,I don't see it as bad thing. He is always open and tells it as it is,but I am glad for him,that he is being better from first time around. When they did that reward challenge,where Malcolm and Michael were defending and they made Cochran feel like part of team was great. They were all screaming,high fiving,etc

Only time I didn't like,what Cocrhan said,was when he talked about Erik being an ice-cream worker or something with his job. Like Erik should be ashamed of it or something. If he loves his job,he should do it.

Edited on 04/26/2013 5:27am

mcepin3

[13]Apr 29, 2013

About Russell Hantz,Cerie and other vet players...I think it would be shame to bring them back atm,because they would be voted out early on I think. If they gonna bring them back,should be on season,when it would be something like Heroes vs. Villians 2. I know personally for me,it was hard to watch Russell every time after show on reunion(even the one,where it was Brandon's season and Russell was asked what he felt about Brandon). Clearly man was upset(hell alot more than just that),that he didn't won and people didn't see his game as "just a game",like so many others say "hey,i'ts just a game".