Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E11 Gloves Come Off discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Gloves Come Off episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 19
    Go Red Sox!

Hopefully Tyson doesn't go home, yet

maritimer00

[3]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 71
    So Vytas goes home as well...not bitter that the women collabed against him but what does he expect? No one wants a "strong" player to go further...

Tyson wised up and played his HII....Caleb going to Redemption makes me wonder if Tyson is truly still in control going forward...

Monica looks like she can go on a deep run given her Immunity prowess.

skbrettbug

[4]Nov 27, 2013
    Wow Monica 3 out of 4...Caleb was quite the surprise.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[5]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 10

maritimer00 wrote:
    So Vytas goes home as well...not bitter that the women collabed against him but what does he expect? No one wants a "strong" player to go further... Tyson wised up and played his HII....Caleb going to Redemption makes me wonder if Tyson is truly still in control going forward... Monica looks like she can go on a deep run given her Immunity prowess.

I hated the way Vytas went home. I mean I don't like him much but. Laura just pissed me off. I mean it's one thing not to let Vytas look at her but to directly give Tina the answers telling her where each piece goes seemed to much to me. Yeah but Tyson got no votes. I think Tyson is just as in control as he was before except with out an idol. I'm not to worried about Monica winning a bunch of immunities. The last two were basically the same thing. Both are arm strength. I hope Gervase is just playing Hayden. Because I can't imagine him turning on Tyson. a) Because they are close and b) because it wouldn't be strategically smart either because it puts him at a disadvantage.

joepetrizzo7

[6]Nov 27, 2013
    • level: 9
    Laura wanted Tina to stay because she terrible at challenges and was preparing if Ciera got sent to RI. I don't know why they voted out Caleb instead of Hayden. Gervase, I think, will likely get to the final tribal council but he will have no shot if Tyson is sitting next to him and he should know that. I thought Monica could win, but I don't think so anymore. She clearly has no strategy of her own. Hayden and Caleb made a mistake by not trying to get Monica on their side. They should have pointed out to her that Ciera/Tyson/Gervase are very close and she would be at the bottom there.

mcepin3

[7]Nov 28, 2013
    • level: 17

I fucking hate Laura M. It's bad enough they can look at each others puzzle,so when she was spinning it around,I was glad and it seemed Tina didn't look to Laura's puzzle(if it's true,congrats Tina),but then for Laura M. too just flat out tell Tina,how to do it pissed me off. No way this should be acceptable! Let them do it on their own ffs. And put something in between them,so they DO WHOLE PUZZLE ON THEIR OWN!

Caleb and Hayden had great plan,but honestly no one has a shot,while Tyson is still in the game. Don't get me wrong,still want Tyson in game and to win it,but Ciera would have better shot against Caleb and Hayden. I am glad,that Caleb wanted to make move with Hayden and didn't turn out to be Sherri,but sad that's he's gone to RI: I think his move changed whole game,because if he didn't flip game on Brad,Brad would probably still be in game and I'd had to watch him and Monica blah blah yadda yadda-ing and hogging screen time. I will give Monica respect for winning 3 individual immunity challenges,but I don't want her in final 3

Ciera will probably make it to finals,hoping Tyson makes it and either Gervase or Katie or Hayden. Don't want any other in finals. Ciera is in great spot I think,because everyone wants to take her to finals.

Tyson playing idol...funny to see people's reaction and him looking for idol in his bag...but now probably 2nd idol will be in play.

anthem47

[8]Nov 28, 2013
    • level: 6

One side effect of Tyson playing his idol, the next clue takes on extra value since it's the first one in awhile that guarantees the idol is actually there.

But yeah I wasn't a fan of Laura helping Tina. I don't mind it in general, I suppose it's a function of your social game, but you can get really screwed purely based on your position in the line up. Any other combination and what Laura did wouldn't have worked that well (either with Tina and Laura at opposite ends, or even with Laura in the middle Vytas gets just as good a look). And that's a bit too random for my liking. AndI think that happened once before this season from memory, when someone on an end won, and the person in the middle was able to catch up because they had a clearer view. They need to either put up shields, or if it's an intended element of the game, have those desks in a circle so everyone can see everyone.

I am really surprised Ciera flipped on them, it was such a good move for her. She's doomed against Tyson and Gervase, whereas if she went to the end with Hayden and Caleb...I mean yeah Caleb is likeable as they said but that only makes him a good protest vote if you absolutely despise the other finalists (especially with returning players), I really think with the moves she's made and the way she's navigated the season, she'd win up against them.

Based on the preview for next week, I'm curious to see if Gervase flips. He should at some point because I can't see him beating Tyson, but not yet I don't think, probably better to flip at four.

skbrettbug

[9]Nov 28, 2013
    I also hate Laura M.

Would be neat to see Gervase switch sides

mcepin3

[10]Nov 28, 2013

anthem47 wrote:

One side effect of Tyson playing his idol, the next clue takes on extra value since it's the first one in awhile that guarantees the idol is actually there.

But yeah I wasn't a fan of Laura helping Tina. I don't mind it in general, I suppose it's a function of your social game, but you can get really screwed purely based on your position in the line up. Any other combination and what Laura did wouldn't have worked that well (either with Tina and Laura at opposite ends, or even with Laura in the middle Vytas gets just as good a look). And that's a bit too random for my liking. AndI think that happened once before this season from memory, when someone on an end won, and the person in the middle was able to catch up because they had a clearer view. They need to either put up shields, or if it's an intended element of the game, have those desks in a circle so everyone can see everyone.

I am really surprised Ciera flipped on them, it was such a good move for her. She's doomed against Tyson and Gervase, whereas if she went to the end with Hayden and Caleb...I mean yeah Caleb is likeable as they said but that only makes him a good protest vote if you absolutely despise the other finalists (especially with returning players), I really think with the moves she's made and the way she's navigated the season, she'd win up against them.

Based on the preview for next week, I'm curious to see if Gervase flips. He should at some point because I can't see him beating Tyson, but not yet I don't think, probably better to flip at four.

I think Vytas heard Laura,because later Probst said something like "Vytas is now listening to Laura M." . I'd put something between them and rule of no helping each other. This isn't just,because Vytas was gone...this move has ripple effect for other seasons to follow. Who's to say,that they won't screw other people like that in game. If it must be RI season,let people do it on their own and earn their stay.

Caleb and Hayden had perfect plan and both are smart. First they knew,where they stand in alliance and that they need to make a move. Second they knew Ciera was being shady and they sniffed out her plan. I loved that they went to Tyson,that move was smart. Maybe they should've went o to Monica,but I think Monica is with Tyson no matter what. And Monica has no gameplay. Ciera really screwed up,because they could teach vets a lesson and take control of the game. Ciera would also be back allied with Katie,so her chances for finals would be a sure slam dunk. Caleb,Hayden,Ciera and Katie to final 4 and then it could be 2v2.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[11]Nov 28, 2013

I think this season has been gearing up for a Tyson, Gervase, Monica, Ciera final 4 since Brad went home.

skbrettbug

[12]Nov 28, 2013
    Not a fan of Monica or Ciera, but Gervase I don't mind and Tyson has been my subject of rooting this season. GO TYSON!

mcepin3

[13]Nov 28, 2013

I like Gervase,but I don't see him winning. If Tyson is in final,I think Tyson is gonna win it. Gervase better make a move,but I think he will stuck with Tyson. If Tyson,Gervase,Ciera and Monica are really in it till final 4,then who ever(Hayden,Katie) doesn't win immunity is next. Hayden saying to Gervase in preview "it's gotta be this vote" leads me to believe,that he either said it,before immunity challenge or when challenge was done and Tyson didn't win immunity. I think it may be after challenge was done and maybe Hayden won immunity,because if you got immunity necklace,you can do anything,cause you're not going home.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[14]Nov 28, 2013

skbrettbug wrote:
    Not a fan of Monica or Ciera, but Gervase I don't mind and Tyson has been my subject of rooting this season. GO TYSON!

I hate Monica, Don't like Ciera, Fine with Gervase as long as he doesn't turn on Tyson. And Tyson Has been one of my final 3 since the beginning. The other two are out now so GO TYSON

joepetrizzo7

[15]Nov 28, 2013
    • level: 9
    An easy solution to the RI problem is to just have two people in the duel and not three.

skbrettbug

[16]Nov 28, 2013
    joepetrizzo7 wrote:
    An easy solution to the RI problem is to just have two people in the duel and not three.

YES please. We already have traditionalism with this too!

dragonradar

[17]Nov 28, 2013
    • level: 11

mcepin3 wrote:

I fucking hate Laura M. It's bad enough they can look at each others puzzle,so when she was spinning it around,I was glad and it seemed Tina didn't look to Laura's puzzle(if it's true,congrats Tina),but then for Laura M. too just flat out tell Tina,how to do it pissed me off. No way this should be acceptable! Let them do it on their own ffs. And put something in between them,so they DO WHOLE PUZZLE ON THEIR OWN!

Caleb and Hayden had great plan,but honestly no one has a shot,while Tyson is still in the game. Don't get me wrong,still want Tyson in game and to win it,but Ciera would have better shot against Caleb and Hayden. I am glad,that Caleb wanted to make move with Hayden and didn't turn out to be Sherri,but sad that's he's gone to RI: I think his move changed whole game,because if he didn't flip game on Brad,Brad would probably still be in game and I'd had to watch him and Monica blah blah yadda yadda-ing and hogging screen time. I will give Monica respect for winning 3 individual immunity challenges,but I don't want her in final 3

Ciera will probably make it to finals,hoping Tyson makes it and either Gervase or Katie or Hayden. Don't want any other in finals. Ciera is in great spot I think,because everyone wants to take her to finals.

Tyson playing idol...funny to see people's reaction and him looking for idol in his bag...but now probably 2nd idol will be in play.

I agree with this 100%. I think Ciera is good to be in the final but I doubt she's going to win it. She didn't have vytas and aras... after this she lost the vote from hayden, caleb and katie. I just wished hayden and caleb made a final 3 deal with monica. After the challenge it should be easy to convince her that she's the bottom of the alliance. Tyson is going to win for sure if he's in the final. I don't see any other possible votes.. I'm glad Tyson stuck with voting caleb. There's no down side to this.

mcepin3

[18]Nov 30, 2013

I think Monica is there only to win immunity challenges and not to win the game. Either she really trusts Tyson or as I think she has no gameplay. Instead of waiting to people to come to you,you could go to people,even more so,when you have immunity necklace.because there is no risk of blindside to person with necklace and you can choose,who to send home.

If Katie or Ciera are in finals and their moms on jury,then they will get their moms vote. Rest will go to Tyson,if he is in final. He is already working the jury and watching their reactions on his comments at tribal,so he knows,who he needs to convince to get his/her vote.

dragonradar

[19]Nov 30, 2013
    • level: 11
    mcepin3 wrote:

I think Monica is there only to win immunity challenges and not to win the game. Either she really trusts Tyson or as I think she has no gameplay. Instead of waiting to people to come to you,you could go to people,even more so,when you have immunity necklace.because there is no risk of blindside to person with necklace and you can choose,who to send home.

If Katie or Ciera are in finals and their moms on jury,then they will get their moms vote. Rest will go to Tyson,if he is in final. He is already working the jury and watching their reactions on his comments at tribal,so he knows,who he needs to convince to get his/her vote.

I don't really blame her for not making a move. She probably believe she would've been at the bottom four regardless of which side she goes. Her only chance to win is probably going to the finals with Gervase and Ciera. Ciera and Gervase are in really bad shape. Their best and probably smartest choice IS to get 2nd place. Well at least for Cierra (her mom vote will guarantee her 2nd). Gervase is out of luck pretty much going to be place last regardless of the who he's up against. Well ...I take that back.. he would probably win if he's up against Ciera and Laura. But I really doubt Laura would make it to the finals.

mcepin3

[20]Dec 1, 2013

Even,if you are at bottom,you can make a move,so if you make it to jury,you can at least say you played game and not be seen just as a coattail rider or flying under radar.