Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E12 Rustle Feathers discussion thread

maritimer00

[1]Dec 3, 2013
    • level: 71

This is a discussion thread for the Rustle Feathers episode. Spoilers ARE allowed in this thread.

Just a personal thought..when I saw the name to this episode, for some reason I thought "Oh, no, Russell Hantz is going to guest star!!"...lol...

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

skbrettbug

[2]Dec 4, 2013
    • level: 19
    Purple rock

maritimer00

[3]Dec 4, 2013
    If that does happen, it'll happen solely due to arrogance or stupidity especially with everyone knowing what happens with ties at certain stages. It points to Tyson not being in control like he thinks for certain...

We shall see...

skbrettbug

[4]Dec 4, 2013
    Goooo Tyson!

skbrettbug

[5]Dec 4, 2013
    And it appears that Laura is controlling who gets second in every duel.

maritimer00

[6]Dec 4, 2013
    Caleb goes to jury after the duel...no huge surprise though it'd be a kick if Laura M. gets jury boot eventually..

The rocks thing did happen...and even though Tyson lives for another day with another HII in his pocket, it seems his and Gervase's ultimate plans are getting undone. Tyson glaring at people as they shuffled off won't help him if he survives to the end.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[7]Dec 4, 2013
    • level: 10

My Favorite Part of the episode either then Katie finally getting the boot like she should have in episode 1, and Gervase shutting Caleb up.Was Tyson completely taking the heat out the situation by correcting Hayden's use of the word Rustle. What made it funnier for me was that I was watching it with closed caption and it said Russell. And right away I thought he was talkingabout torturing the tribe like Hantz. There was also Jeff's obvious shot at the piece of filth Caleb calls his fianc?. All they have in common is that "He's a guy... and that's about it." Happy Monica Didn't win Immunity,and Tyson survived. I was wonderingcould Tyson have played his Idol so as not to draw a rock?

joepetrizzo7

[8]Dec 4, 2013
    • level: 9
    I think Tyson would have had to play the idol before the votes were read. I thought it was an interesting choice to vote Monica instead of Tyson that way Tyson was eligible for the rocks, but Monica, I think, might have flipped because she is so paranoid and surely she would never voluntarily draw rocks.

dragonradar

[9]Dec 4, 2013
    • level: 11

Yea, Tyson would definitely have to use the idol before the votes to have an effect. I feel really ashamed for Gervase.. He just made himself looked even worse and actually helped Tyson win jury votes. It looks like Tyson has this in the bag. I don't see it any other way. Unless Hayden gets lucky and win all the immunities and that's still a maybe. But it looks like Gervase and Tyson will make it to the end regardless. When does the redemption island winner comes back in play?

mcepin3

[10]Dec 5, 2013
    • level: 17

Can't tell you,how happy I am Tyson is still in the game. First Caleb went home and I thought,knowingly that it'll be rock draw,because of yours truly!!! ...back to my thoughts...first Caleb went home,Laura M. stayed and I was sad,then Tyson found idol,didn't play it and I just thought "oh no,ffs this will probably be it for Tyson" and so,so,sooooo happy he drew safe rock(black rock). If he played HII,only Ciera and Katie would have to draw rocks. And tribal was f-ing epic. Tyson is the best...they argue for Ciera's vote and out of nowhere he does "Tyson"

Which brings me to my question...what was Katie's big move!??!! That play was all Hayden and him not giving up,no matter how slim his chances are. I like Katie,but let's be honest...she gave up awhile ago and there were bigger fish to fry.

Gervase ain't gonna win it,even more so after this tribal. He doesn't have vote from Aras,Vytas,Caleb,even Katie I think and if Hayden is on jury,no way he has his vote,so that's 5 and majority. And he talks about drawing rocks,like it's no big deal,when he isn't the one drawing rock I bet situation would be alot different,if Tyson had immunity...or someone else.

Awsome move for Ciera. She is the only other person,who will get some votes from jury,if Tyson is in finals. She'll have her moms,Hayden's,probably also Caleb,Katie's...damn it could be close one. Now I would really love to see Tyson and Ciera duke it out in finals.

Ok Caleb,you went with Hayden's plan to get rid of Tyson,so your word ain't that good either And why was there a time limit on RI?!?!?! Like they got anything other to do...and damn it,they knew it was time limit,so why didn't Caleb hold his stack till last seconds,waited out and let Tina worry and make a mistake. He was in lead and I guess it was down to "last minute",if we can trust editing. And to say he's got in common with Colton,that they are both guys...!?!?!?...really!?!?!?

anthem47

[11]Dec 5, 2013
    • level: 6

Great episode! Even though I went in knowing there was going to be a tie, it was still great watching it unfold.

I think Ciera made the right move, whether it worked or not. She is clearly fourth in that alliance, so better to roll that dice and have a 33% chance of turning things around than do nothing. The way things are, she's probably still fourth since they have no one left to switch to, so she didn't really lose anything. At this point she can still make it to fourth and they pray for an immunity win (though unlikely).

Also if my understanding of how Redemption works is right, then winner of the next game should be the one coming back, and I don't think any of those three would side with Tyson/Gervase/Monica, so we're pretty much right back where we started next episode, with a three-three split. Unless Monica or Gervase switch, which is possible (Tyson's idol will guarantee he makes it through though).

Although...if you're going to switch anyway Ciera, last episode would have been better timing, sigh! But hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

Not that I dislike Tyson, I think he's got a good shot of winning, I just don't like it when things get too predictable. I generally like to see things shaken up as often as possible, and if that rock drawing ploy had worked, would have been one for the history books.

EDIT: Actually I wrote "Tyson's idol will guarantee he makes it through though" thinking it'll be the last time he can, but we'll be back at six next episode so he has two more opportunities...you'd think he would if he was fearing another 3-3 split situation (or just generally considering how vital the next vote is), but yeah that just occurred to me.

Edited on 12/05/2013 1:38am

mcepin3

[12]Dec 5, 2013

I actually like it,how it played out with rocks. Tyson is for sure deserving to stay and so is Ciera over Katie. Shame that Monica didn't drew rock,I would love to see her get white rock. Also Gervase should drew it,because he is too cocky.

I think Tyson was really in it with Ciera and didn't he whisper something like "you,me and Monica till end" leaving Gervase 4th. I think Ciera had perfect timing for her move. If she waited longer,Hayden would be gone and she would probably loose his vote. She flipping now got her respect I think from everyone(well minus Tyson,Gervase and Monica ) and that she is playing game,not just coasting along,like Monica and to some degree Gervase. It's true Tyson needed Gervase,but it goes both ways. Gervase needed Tyson as much as he needed him to advance in the game. But Tyson is the one coming up with names,while making it appear,that "majority" votes that person out.

Also for those not watching it yet,watch After Show. You can watch it,even if you don't live in USA.

Edited on 12/05/2013 3:00am

dragonradar

[13]Dec 5, 2013

I wish Gervase would be part of the rock drawing. He would've turned on Monica and not be strategic at all.

I think if Ciera only switched side during the tribal council after she realized she was in 4th. I still think its so stupid Gervase and Monica think they have a shot. They are guarantee to lose no matter who they're in the final against. They are the perfect people you want to be sit with. Cierra will definitely not be in the finals. She's horrible at the challenges. Her mother has a higher chance at being in the finals than she does.

I understand Tyson needed Gervase in a sense that a king needs his pawn. Gervase was definitely not a "puppet master". To claim he is is just what Tyson wanted..which just prove how stupid Gervase really is.

I was thinking this might be how Tyson gets eliminated by "rocks" would've been such a disappointment.

mcepin3

[14]Dec 5, 2013

Only person,who I think has some chance in finals against Tyson is Ciera.Hayden might get Caleb's vote and maybe one or 2 more, Gervase no way,Monica no way,Katie no way,Tina no way,Laura M. hell no!!! Only reason,why I would want Laura M. to win RI and get back in the game is that people can vote her out the 3rd time...maybe then she will finally get the message

Yeah Ciera was gonna vote out Hayden,but then Gervase's big mouth and keep saying she is 4,Monica also said it and she changed her mind and did what was best for her. Proud of her and respect for playing.But I think Tyson would take Ciera to finals,doesn't matter what Gervase and Monica said or would say,because they are followers. I think Tyson's plan was him,Ciera and Monica. Also think you are right,next voted out will probably be Ciera,because even if Monica flips,if Tyson plays idol and they voted against him,Ciera will be gone. Gotta also give repsect to Tyson for not sharing news,that he found HII(both times). If it goes down the way I think,then Gervase and Monica will stick with Tyson. But man,I would love to see,what Monica and Gervase would really do,if they weren't safe.

Edit: Forgot to add this....I think,if Gervase will be in finals,he would do Sherri and Phillip and be like " why don't you sit down,I don't need your vote,wasn't counting on your vote,you got played,etc." but in real negative way,like he was at this latest tribal

Edited on 12/05/2013 9:54am

dragonradar

[15]Dec 5, 2013

I think the Tyson, Monica, and Gervase should be a solid three. I doubt any of them would switch at this moment. I don't think Vytas or Aras would vote for Ciera to win just because she's guilty of association with her mother and the boys don't like her (referring to her mother). Ciera might get Katie, Tina and of course her mother's vote but I think that's it. Caleb and Hayden will for sure vote for Tyson. Well.. After saying this I think Ciera might have a shot if the star lines up right. If she could pull an immunity and force Tyson to go against his own alliance then they might vote for her. But I highly doubt this.

of course this is all speculation. I think if Hayden goes up against Tyson and Gervase. He could potentially have Katie, Tina, Caleb, Ciera, and Laura. Vytas and Aras should still vote for Tyson.

Colin_Rob_Rock

[16]Dec 5, 2013
    • level: 10

I think either Ciara or Hayden could beat Tyson but only if only one of those two is in the final with Tyson and either Gervase or Monica. If it is Tyson,Hayden, and Ciera in the final three then I thinkTyson wins.

marknmo

[17]Dec 5, 2013
    • level: 12

I think Ciera has a pretty good shot to win right now, even against Tyson. I don't get why, but the Jury seems to be pretty bitter towards Tyson at the moment. I thought Aras would be level-headed on the jury, but maybe his brother's negative attitude and the blindside have made him sour. Caleb seemed way bitter at RI, even thought he and Hayden were trying to do the same thing to Tyson first... I think with the bitter men and Laura M voting for her daughter, Ciera is the most dangerous person left in the game. I like her, but I'd really like to see Tyson win it, cause I've been a fan of his quick mouth since his first season.

Edit: Forgot to add that I still don't want to see Hayden win it. I think if he makes it to the end, with the bitterness brewing in the jury like it has been, he could easily beat anybody but Ciera. I think he's good at getting people to like him, but I still think he's a boring and dumb bozo (like he was on BB).

Edited on 12/05/2013 11:57am

dragonradar

[18]Dec 5, 2013

I don't want Hayden to win either. If he does do a best case scenario. He would only win because people don't want the others to win. I hate this concept. Even Aras in the aftershow thought he only won panama because nobody wanted Danielle to win. And if this happens again. I don't think Vytas or Aras has anything against Tyson. He played a fair game he didn't "backstab" them since they originally wanted to vote off Tyson first which ultimately caused their demised. Pretty much same thing Hayden did and for sure Hayden is going to vote for Tyson if he gets in the Jury.

I'm just surprise how everything goes so well for Tyson. It would be a really letdown to see him lose the finals. Cierra was stupid to share the idol clue.. Be realistic.. Hayden and Katie were very unlikely to find the idol. Especially when you only have a final "4" deal. Really means nothing since 4th is the same as 6th. I just hope Tyson continuously wins the challenges and not even have to use the idol.

joepetrizzo7

[19]Dec 5, 2013
    • level: 9
    I wonder why Tyson just didn't play his idol on Monica because clearly Hayden told Katie to vote Monica while sitting within ear shot of Tyson.

skbrettbug

[20]Dec 5, 2013
    Gervase would definitely pull a Sherri haha