Survivor Forums

Wednesday 8:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Survivor E13 Don't Say Anything About My Mom

maritimer00

[1]May 8, 2013
    • level: 71

An interesting episode and a major turning point for several remaining players. The loved ones rewards started the chaos going with Brenda choosing to give up reward in what, to me, seemed like a ploy to curry jury votes. In the process, though, she might have driven a wedge between her and Dawn and I think helped Dawn to go with a blindside.

Hard to say who's the favorite to win in the finale...Cochran should win but I can't shake the feeling that someone like Sherri might sneak thru and win.

Edited on 05/08/2013 9:17pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Dfan46

[2]May 8, 2013
    • level: 15

Poor Brenda! I knew as soon as she started getting airtime that her days would be numbered. I really don't know what the better decision would have been in the Reward Challenge scenario - it was definitely a selfless move on Brenda's part, but it boosted her likeability enough for everyone to realize she was a legitimate threat to win. It almost felt like a repeat of last week's 2nd half when they started showing Brenda's overconfident confessionals during the pre-Tribal scramble.

I will say that even though Cochran's cutthroat tactics this episode were a little off-putting I did appreciate his interaction with his mother during the Reward Challenge - if you know you have no shot at winning you might as well fit a conversation in before it's over with lol.

Edited on 05/08/2013 7:36pm

dragonradar

[3]May 9, 2013
    • level: 11

Well it was obvious from the beginning that if Brenda makes it to the end she would definitely have the votes. But I still think they could've waited for her. But I agree with the above post about Sherri sneaking in and winning it.. At this point, I don't think Cochran is going to win it. The 3 amigos + Andrea would probably not vote for Cochran.

mcepin3

[4]May 9, 2013
    • level: 17

Noo,no,no...ugghh...how could they do that to her? Brenda,my heart went out to you at reward challenge and at end of episode. Like Probst,I also got teary a bit and these days,that rarely happens. And then at end,when she was broken and said "It hurts" and her exit speech.

Thinking about it,best move may have been,that she didn't win that reward challenge. You are damned either way,if you win it. If you choose loved one for yourself and 1 other,4 people will hold that against you and if you give them,what they want,they will view it as threat.

Personally,I would never vote against someone,if they did that for me and if I won,I would pick my loved ones over majority,even if it would cost me game. People there just wait for an excuse to get rid of you and I loved Dawn in her season,but lately I had these mixed feelings and they are turning to bitter ones. Brenda did so much for her(help her find her teeth,chose Dawn +husband,gave up immunity for her) and this is how she repaid her? Ungrateful bitch!

I get Cochran's game play and I expected him to view Brenda as threat,but I can't get over facts what Brenda did for Dawn.

Eddie's one lucky guy...either he is next to go or he makes it to final 3. They say he is a threat,but I think people will vote for Cochran,if he is also in final 3. Dawn just seems to backstab people,so don't know if anyone will vote for her or they might,if she plays "the kids card". Sherri did and is doing nothing. I see her making it to final 3,because who would vote for her? She has turned into ghost after tribes swapped.

Maybe Erik has best chances of winning atm,because he didn't piss anybody,there are now 4 fav on jury and if it's final 3,8 person jury,4 votes,all he needs is 1 more vote for win.

Edited: He can even win with 4 votes,if other two finalists get any vote.

Edited on 05/09/2013 2:21am

anthem47

[5]May 9, 2013
    • level: 6

Ouch. That was one of the most painful exits I can think of. She really got dished a booby prize with that reward challenge though, I have a feeling she was out no matter what she did. Seems like the only winning move was not to win (to paraphrase WarGames). I hope they never do that twist again!

I really wonder if this turn of events might have burned both Cochran and Dawn with the jury, once Brenda gets chatting to them. Definitely Dawn, not sure how Brenda would have felt about Cochran turning on her...she might be more pragmatic about that, they weren't exactly close, and it's less surprising for him which feels like a bonus, but it's hard to say.

That preview of a medical evacuation has me spinning though. So late in the game! Aw that sucks for everyone. That really throws the finale in the air, makes me feel like it could be anyone. I think Eddie could win against any combination if he makes it. I think Cochran could beat anyone except Eddie (possibly, a final 3 with both of them in it is tough to call). I don't think Sherri could win in any scenario. But a final 3 of Dawn, Erik and Sherri (taking out the two strong contenders) is real tough to call. I would have said Dawn before tonight, now I think Erik might beat her depending on what Brenda says to people. So I guess that makes my potential win rankings Eddie-Cochran-Erik-Dawn-Sherri.

mcepin3

[6]May 9, 2013

Why do people think Eddie will win? He didn't make any move in game at all. And I don't see this jury being so bitter,that they wouldn't vote for Cochran. In start of episode,when it's previously on Survivor,Probst says 3 amigos pulled that move,but it was all Malcolm. Reynold and Eddie were just in same boat and didn't do anything. And it really wasn't a blindisde to Phillip,since Malcolm let everyone know,they will vote for Phillip. Blindside is what happened to Andrea and Brenda.

Eddie is just getting by,because people see bigger fish to fry,while he is just happy to be there 1 more day. Guy has been prepared to leave game on day 3. Sherri on other hand,was great at start and then just faded away. Both did nothing worthy of winning game. Only way,if jury is really this bitter(Brenda I would get,Andrea took her blindside pretty well,don't think she is so bitter. Phillip will be ok,if one of fav is in finals.Don't know where Michael's head is,so he is "free" vote atm. Reynold and Malcolm might probably vote for Eddie,if he makes it to final 3,but 2 votes are nothing.)

On lighter note...Cochran was funny,when he was talking about his dad...suddenly you wear sunglasses,flipping burgers...went all Hollywood,etc. I thought that was funny.

marknmo

[7]May 9, 2013
    • level: 12

This episode left such a bad taste in my mouth. I felt soooo bad for Brenda at the end. It wasn't enough that the producers screwed her out of one of the best rewards in the season, but then her tribemates had to become just so disgustingly ungrateful to her and kick her off immediately after. It really wouldn't have killed them all to give Brenda just one free tribal pass for that selfless act, I mean, come on. Hell, she even GAVE Dawn immunity! That's two huge gifts in one episode, and Dawn just turbo-bitch votes her out that evening. I liked Dawn before, and while I became weary of her in the last week or two, she finally lost all of my respect in this episode. I know she doesn't want to play passively, but if you completely leave your heart out of the game and walk over people, you end up losing for much of the same reasons Russell lost . . . twice!

I was starting to like the idea of Cochran or Dawn winning, but I'm against it now after this. Hell, I was dumbfounded that Eddie was playing like such an idiot and not doing anything to win (he didn't even try to outbid Cochran in the food challenge for the immunity clue), but now I'm hoping Eddie will win just to give a "screw you!" to Cochran/Dawn. Eric I would be fine with, but I think it would be a bigger stink for them if it was Eddie. And Sherri, well, she hasn't done anything to win except sit cross-legged on whomever's coattails looked bigger at the time. I would hate for her to even get into the final three, unless it's just so people can say, "and who are you again???" at the final tribal.

I was really surprised to see from the preview that someone is going to be medi-vacced out in the final episode! I'm really surprised, wow! I think it'll either be Eddie or Eric, just cause they're more active than the others. Plus, Eric was shown in this past episode to be taking more risks cause he's so unhappy right now. I dunno, but that's gonna be hard to see somebody pulled out so late like that.

Looking forward to seeing how this season turns out.

saylavee

[8]May 9, 2013
    • level: 18

Oh my. I feel SO bad for Brenda right now. Everything about this episode was absolutely cruel. First there was the choice for the reward, either keep it for yourself and on person or give it to everyone else. Next, Brenda gave up the win for the immunity. Then there was Brenda being voted off and her reaction. I know it's a game, but come on. Cochran's main reason for voting off Brenda makes sense- she IS a threat. But Dawn. The only reason for her is pure spite that she couldn't be with her husband. You know, there were 4 other people there, think of them sometimes ah? I was never really fond of her anyway.

With that stupid twist there was nothing Brenda could do once she picked. It was lose/lose for whoever won! If Brenda chose to keep it for herself and Dawn, the rest would vote for her out of bitterness. If she picked the others, well, we saw what happened. She gets viewed as too big a threat! I really hope the reaction to this episode is loud enough to make the producers never do something so cruel like that again.

Though it WAS stupid of her for giving up immunity, granted she thought Eddie was definitely going.

Med evac for the finale. My guess is either Erik or Eddie.

Either way, if Cochran makes it to the finals (which he most likely will) he's going to win, I'll explain why in a moment.

This tribal also kinda spelled out the Final Three as Cochran, Sherri, and Dawn. I know that they only needed the 3 to vote out Brenda, but the fact that Cochran and Dawn confided in Sherri instead of Erik (who barely even matters in anything but challenges anymore) or Eddie (same as Erik but with a bigger target on his back) is basically proof that they want to go to the finals together.

Cochran is playing an amazing game by the way, I'm rooting for him. Which makes me happy because if that F3 prediction of mine is correct, he is going to win! Why?

Sherri has done nothing to earn anyone's votes. She is the embodiment of the perfect goat to bring. She is no threat, made no big moves, and her personality is that she lost her personality after the tribe switch.

As for Dawn and Cochran, well if you watch the Ponderosa videos, you'll learn that most of the jury respects the way Cochran has played the game (Phillip going as far as saying that he WILL vote for him in the final tribal council if i remember correctly) and in this weeks it shows that, like us, they've lost respect for Dawn. I thought this wasn't going to be a bitter jury this season, but who knows? I can't see Cochran not winning under these conditions.

If I'm wrong and Eddie does make it to the finals, he does have a chance of winning, as I bet Malcolm, Reynold, and Andrea would vote for him. MAYBE Michael as well. Buuut my money's on Cochran

AdaHui

[9]May 10, 2013
    • level: 6

mcepin3 wrote:

Personally,I would never vote against someone,if they did that for me and if I won,I would pick my loved ones over majority,even if it would cost me game. People there just wait for an excuse to get rid of you and I loved Dawn in her season,but lately I had these mixed feelings and they are turning to bitter ones. Brenda did so much for her(help her find her teeth,chose Dawn +husband,gave up immunity for her) and this is how she repaid her? Ungrateful bitch!

I feel exactly the same way! Coming into this season, Dawn was definitely up there in my favorites in terms of who I wanted to see at the finale and/or winning it. But ever since they started showing her breakdowns and her ratting out tribemates, my feelings for Dawn are just wanting to see her gone. I don't know what it is but I'm finding her game very distasteful and the way she acts (or maybe just the way they're showing her), she's coming off, to me, as arrogantly playing the game like she's the only one who has troubles therefore in order for life to be fair, she should win.

Turning on Brenda like that after all she's done for Dawn was just plain cruel. Don't get me wrong, I didn't want Brenda to win but I didn't see a Dawn backstab coming towards her at all. Cochran yes, even Erik but not Dawn. Her pity cries are just ugly and they do nothing for me. I really hope she doesn't win.

That being said, I'm so hoping Cochran and Eddie are in the finals. Cochran because he's playing such an all-around game and he's constantly thinking. And Eddie just because. As default since I don't want to see Dawn get in or Sherri because she's useless, Erik can also be in the final 3 since he's actually won without someone forfeiting. I don't think he should win overall because he's such a waffler of a player and no one really consults him unless they need the vote but he's at least played a helluva lot better than Sherri.

dragonradar

[10]May 10, 2013
    • level: 11

Of course I'm probably wrong about this. If Eddie makes it to the finals (unlikely) is only because Dawn and Cochran let him. I would assume if Eddie makes it to the finals that Malcolm, Reynolds, Andrea, Eric, and probably Michael would vote Eddie to win. Phillip would definitely vote for Cochran. I have no idea about Brenda, I don't think she's going to be too bitter (she's too nice). Sherri would probably vote for Dawn. If Eric makes it to the finals, then he would probably win. just switch the names of Eddie and Eric. I think the vote would be similar.

I think Cochran deserves the win but I don't think he can win against the males. He would probably win if he goes to the finals with Dawn and Sherri. I don't think anyone's going to vote for Sherri. In this scenario, I would think the 3 amigos, Phillip and Andrea would vote for Cochran.

Also, I really hope Dawn doesn't win. I don't know why having "kids" warrants a win.. Just because you "need" the money more doesn't mean she "deserves" it more.

Edited on 05/10/2013 2:49pm

mcepin3

[11]May 11, 2013

In past seasons,many have said this person is threat in finals for votes,but then that person either got little votes or zero..they never won. Example : Amanda(only one I can think of atm)...they kept talking how she will win,but she never did,because she was never a real threat. She had one expression on her face the whole time.

I just don't see Eddie winning,again like I said before,because he didn't make any worthy move. He was prepared to go on day 3 and from there,he was just happy to still be in game. Also thinking about it,I don't think Malcolm would vote for him,because Eddie didn't make any move and didn't play game and I don't think Malcolm respects him because of it. I think Malcolm would vote for someone,who same as Malcolm played the game. If Eddie or Sherri win,I will be shocked.Even if Reynold would be still in game and in finals,I don't see him winning either.

Yeah I agree...they showed waaay too much crying of Dawn and her breakdowns. Like she is playing victim and everyone should pity her and vote for her. At reward challenge,when they kept bringing up 21 years of marriage,I knew who ever wins that reward,will have to pick Dawn.

I have only little respect left for Dawn,because I think,that she has this real alliance with Cochran and it goes all the way back to their season.Also didn't she won some immunity challenges in her season? So she had that experience of winning. Back to those 2...So when Brenda said,she wants Cochran out and has numbers to do it,Dawn started to go after Brenda,same as Cochran went after Andrea. I still think Dawn is ungrateful bitch,because Brenda did so much and I was rooting for Brenda

Here's what I don't get...Dawn has to know,she has no chance against Cochran. So she sticks with him,knowing he will beat her(this is the thing I respect about her),but Brenda did everything for her and she backstabed her. Cochran and Sherri didn't "owe" much to Brenda,so their move is somewhat reasonable,where Dawn's just cruel.